ZATZAi's Content

There have been 62 items by ZATZAi (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31320 International Nerfer Database

Posted by ZATZAi on 15 July 2004 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I went a little over board in explaining the reasons behind it, and then some. I wanted to make it clear that I'm not trying to steal your idea (Though many others have shared it), but that it's been 'planned' for a while now.

Do what you want though, bear no ill will.

#31223 International Nerfer Database

Posted by ZATZAi on 14 July 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

Hehe, I hope he does, but would understand if not, but still, it would be very...

interesting :lol:

#31221 International Nerfer Database

Posted by ZATZAi on 14 July 2004 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Well, I know we over at NE have wanted for a while to make a Nerfers database. I just never got around to it. I'm actually going to do it now though (For the new version of NE), in MySQL, I was going to have a flash map of the world, and have dots show up where people are based on longitude and latitude. I would be using PHP, MySQL, and a Flash map then, the php would feed the data to the flash via a little varibles in the embed code...

It'll be designed to work with the existing user base at NE, and anyone that signs up. If you guys want to get involved in this your welcome to, but I understand if your already so far along you want to keep it as 'Your Project'.

Just letting you know, since ATB popped in with the mention about NE...

If you want to know what I'm doing, I'll post more on it at NE, I plan to release it with the new version of NE on August 1st to coincide with the new version of NHQ coming out. Figured it would be a real hoot if a bunch of sites came out with new versions on the same day. Who knows, maybe Cxwq will get involved and finally release his Karma system on the same day, or something, who knows.

EDIT: I shoudl say, if your willing, I could be willing to just use whatever it is you got, if its sufficient. I'm just not sure how your doing it, don't really need a intro you know, people just want the info. Send me a PM from NE if you wanna talk about it.

#30569 Code Of Conduct

Posted by ZATZAi on 07 July 2004 - 06:18 AM in Site Feedback

I suggest we make potential users take an IQ test. Those with an intelligence quotient under 80 should be denied access. If you think about it, it would solve some problems.

That, is a very interesting idea.

#30356 Official Gmail Thread

Posted by ZATZAi on 05 July 2004 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

I also have one, just for kicks, prefer my sites POP though, no one scanning those to send me ads.

#27150 Party Affiliation

Posted by ZATZAi on 28 May 2004 - 06:00 AM in Off Topic

We don't. We have the liberals. They win because the country believes false promises.

Sometimes we get some other people by fluke, but liberals have been running things for a long time.

Heh, sounds like Santa Monica California, USA. Or even California by and large... :lol:

#20696 Not Logging In/staying Logged In

Posted by ZATZAi on 04 March 2004 - 07:52 PM in Site Feedback

You guys seem to be experiencing session problems in your php. We has some similar problems off and on at NE, but due to DNS. I've worked out a few solutions to the problem, if Cx needs some help, he can ask, I wouldn't mind.

#20243 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 29 February 2004 - 01:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry i couldn't make it guys. My folks went to Vegas for the weekend, and my lil sis didn't so I had to stay within a reasonable distance incase something happened. In other words, don't leave the city.

#20242 Ch-ch-ch-changes

Posted by ZATZAi on 29 February 2004 - 01:02 AM in News

Interesting, your using the same logic as I do for managing NE. It'll be interesting to see how you handle it, may give me some ideas for NE.

Nice job by the way, though I would put a seperate section at the top for NH stuff, like how you had a paragraph about the site before.

If you need some help with any of the PHP you can always ask me, am I quite adept at it these days, and InvisionBoard is very simiolar to IkonBoard (They were programmed by the same guy), so I may know some solutions to problems you're having.

#19402 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 20 February 2004 - 10:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I made this instruction guide for how to get to this thing without a car from Santa Monica. It could probably be edited for other areas to, the important bit is getting to Union Station. If you hate the idea of using an MTA bus, you can take the Big Blue bus #10 to Union station instead, but the MTA to the subway is faster.

My Guide

Also, I got a mirroe of the MTA and OCTA system map there as well.

MTA System Map

OCTA System Map

The OCTA runs as late as 9:30pm, MTA as late as 11:00pm, and the last Metrolink is 5:19pm, I suggest you catch the 4:25pm (The only other afternoon train going straight to Union Station LA). Also, not all Metrolink trains leaving the Tustin station go to Union station, make sure you got the right train, ask the conductor, or look at the LED display.

Please be sure to double check this before using it, I know the MTA and Metrolink sytems pretty well so I didn't call them on it, but I did call OCTA to make sure everything is ok. I myself will probably call Metrolink, MTA, and OCTA again before I leave on this journey.

Suggested departure time: 7:00am
Suggested return time: 3:30pm

#19324 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 19 February 2004 - 03:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Eyewear? This is new to me, do glasses count, I hate wearing gogles ontop of them, it gives me double vision.

Anyone else from SM going down?

#18609 Nc Is Up!

Posted by ZATZAi on 09 February 2004 - 11:36 PM in Off Topic

1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer

...You can't say I didn't warn you. :)

#18075 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by ZATZAi on 03 February 2004 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

As far as the open::nerf project goes, essentially it exists. Nerf Evolved has been around for what a year now? And was in development for over a year before that, it is essentially what you planned to do with open::nerf. I think Andrew/Sandman talked to you about it in the past.

And were always evolving it, ahem, improving it... :rolleyes:

#17925 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 02 February 2004 - 03:20 PM in Nerf Wars

If you had read the thread, you would know that it is happening defintately Saturday Feb 29th and most likely at Bonelli Park.

Read the thread? Who has the time... :rolleyes:

(Mental note: Actually read the whole post, not just skim)

Thanks for posting the date though, I'll shove it into my Outlook Calendar.

EDIT:

Wait, Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th?

#17903 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 02 February 2004 - 03:28 AM in Nerf Wars

When you guys figure out where and when this is gonna happen, could Cxwq, or one of the other Admins post it on the forum Calendar. So its easy to see when this is all going down?

#17902 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by ZATZAi on 02 February 2004 - 03:14 AM in Off Topic

Yah, I'll take you up on that offer NinjaBob.

#17144 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 26 January 2004 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Tucson is south Arizona. It is a 1 hour and about 40 minute drive from Phoenix. Here is a map from mapquest.

Map of Arizona

Ah sorry dude, not much chance of me being around there anytime soon. But if I ever go to Phoenix for vacation, I'll be sure to post either here or on NE.

EDIT: (Spelling, etc)

P.S. I must have typed "Tuscan" into mapquest, and that's why i couldn't find it. :blush:

#17052 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 25 January 2004 - 02:36 AM in Nerf Wars

You know, I don't know where that is, sorry, and Mpaquest doesn't seem to know either. I've heard of it, know its fairly large, probably been there. but I can't recall where in Arizona it is, can you tell in where you are in relation to Phoenix?

#17042 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 24 January 2004 - 10:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Northern Arizona? Cause I go to Vegas alot...

It's only like a... 2 hour drive from Laughlin the border town...

Sorry I haven't been to Phoenix in forever.

#16946 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 23 January 2004 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

We're not... warring... in San Diego.

<Snip>

So... I'm investigating the possibility of using a school that's close to Bonelli park.
But it's a school.
Not a park.

<Snip>

Oh, my mistake.

I take it that is Bonelli park San Dimas then...
(Just Googled it)

#16933 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by ZATZAi on 23 January 2004 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

This is looking good, and I've been out of it for, so... long. Plus I haven't been to San Diego in a while, I think I'll subscribe to this thread and see how if I can make it down.

#9288 Nerfonline

Posted by ZATZAi on 05 September 2003 - 08:07 PM in Off Topic

Then again who knows, I think I remember Hal mentioning him as a dude from Samohi as well, ah the human memory...

The dude even has his own website, where he says Hal is his mentor :rolleyes: ...

#9287 Nerfonline

Posted by ZATZAi on 05 September 2003 - 08:03 PM in Off Topic

I think I remember Hal once telling em he used Larry Chen as an alias one time when I was over at his house...

#8376 Holy Guests, Batman!

Posted by ZATZAi on 17 August 2003 - 05:46 PM in Site Feedback

If its a bot from like say google for example, one they usually stick around for a week then go away, and two you can put a meta in the header to make then not scan the page...

If you want to...

#8275 Give NH A New Tagline

Posted by ZATZAi on 15 August 2003 - 05:56 PM in Site Feedback

"I payed Nerfhaven.com for the oportunity to be one of their human billboards..."

#8101 Msblaster Worm

Posted by ZATZAi on 12 August 2003 - 01:43 AM in Off Topic

Rather than re-post the article, go here, this worm is bad mojo, very bad...

MSBlaster Worm Article

NOTE: Sorry, I'm not trying to promote my site, just warn people about this worm as quickly as possible, it works very fast!

#8073 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 11 August 2003 - 04:33 PM in General Nerf

If you guys really have a problem with NE. Even if you do on one forum and not on another (I'm not even going to fathom as to why), then post in the NE feedback forums. Because then, we'll see what we can do to alleviate your problem, and if we can't we'll say so.

#8026 2003 Sdno Planning Thread

Posted by ZATZAi on 11 August 2003 - 07:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like I'll be in Canada round that time, so I can't make it...

#8025 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 11 August 2003 - 07:08 AM in General Nerf

Thanks Kev,

Yah, like I said, I am in fact more interested in the techonology of NE, in fact all of F-125 is my stretching my computer know how, and learning more. I just prefer to use my capabilities for subjects I find itneresting, and I do find Nerf interesting, even if I don't get around to playing as much as others. Anyway, if you guys have trouble with NE, please report it on the NE feedback forum, that's the one I watch for bug alerts...

#7984 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 10 August 2003 - 04:17 AM in General Nerf

Nerf evolved is released! .:Nerf Evolved:.

#7924 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 09 August 2003 - 10:48 AM in General Nerf

Spoon:

all this discussion is just a huge hype machine for your site anyway.

You're absolutely right, and I can't thank you enough for that. I wonder if any of "My Staff" as I'll refer to them here one time and one time only are truly offended by what you've been saying Spoon. I know I haven't been even a little offended yet, I like a good argument! :blink:

But on a serious note, if you guys have a serious problem with NE that really has you riled up here at NH, just IM or email me to talk about it. I don't mean this ongoing discussion of course, but if something truly in need of dealing with come up in the future. The door is open for you to let me know so we can work any problems out.

#7923 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 09 August 2003 - 10:30 AM in General Nerf

Geez you guys, you're all being so serious anout a site that isn't even fully out yet! :blink: Pretty silly if you ask me, NE is not designed to compete with NH if your worried about that, though I seriously doubt that you are. NE is a bunch of good content from what would have gone into little sites scattered across the net, put into one big Nerf Site.

And yes, this is more of a programmin venture for me than anything else, but that's not to say that I don't like Nerf as well.

I'm amazed but not suprised by the reaction to NE by some members of NH...

Oh well! No reason we can't peacefully co-exist like everyone else on the internet, no need for this to turn into a rivally between site members, like with NO and NC...

#7887 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 08 August 2003 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

Also, it seems like while its a good idea to have 3 or 4 large nerf sites, having only 1 or 2 is not so grand. Observe how Nerf Online absorbed other Nerf Sites, and Nerf site staffs, essentially turning those sites off, then when NO went off, not onyl were those sites gone that NO took in, but also the content and members NO had brought in went silent for a while.

#7886 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 08 August 2003 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

Yah, I did the No thing too, though only for a short time just before its end...

It just didn't work, and the method Hal used for posting articles to NO was just bad, sorry Hal it was and you knew it...

F-125 could easily implement a Karma system, much of the code to do somthing like that is already written, it would only be a matter of puttin git all together. Which is alot faster and easier than writing it from scratch.

But F-125 will not use a Karma system, at least I have no plans to implement one, the idea doesn't strike me as interesting or useful enough, for my site that is, no offense to NH.

#7843 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by ZATZAi on 08 August 2003 - 07:16 AM in General Nerf

I'm the one responsible for the site nto going up yesterday, I succummed to sleep while working on the code, it will go up today.

Andrew was just covering for me...

Currently, NE has a huge amount of content, and its all posted on the forum, except regular users do not have access to it. member can post in a member submission forum, and if its good enough, we'll move it to the appropriate forum. Some PHP I wrote then takes all the various forums and their topics and makes the NE site in PHP based on it.

Cxwq is right, most regualr check all the forums. On F-125 though, we do force sites we host to use our forums so that all the F-125 Network Member sites have the same member base, but if the sites requires, we can section off a part of the forum just for them, skin it and everything...

Oh, and F-125 and NE in turn, will in the near future be implementing some thing to make using and checking up on the forum even easier and faster than ever before possible, as the software to do so simple has nto existed for any forum before...

#7729 Why Can't We Have Small Images In Our Signatures?

Posted by ZATZAi on 06 August 2003 - 02:27 PM in Site Feedback

Yah, you could probable use...
[img]*[/img]
...but I've never needed to try something like that in PHP.

I suggest http://www.php.net and the Visual Quick Start: PHP, and Visual Quick Pro: PHP, PHP and MySQL books from PeachPit Press, along with the PHP Pocket Reference from O'Reilly

#7728 California Recall

Posted by ZATZAi on 06 August 2003 - 02:23 PM in Off Topic

I may run as a publicity stunt,

But I'd still vote for someone else, I'd consider Arnold, but I do not know his political platform as of yet...

#7662 Why Can't We Have Small Images In Our Signatures?

Posted by ZATZAi on 04 August 2003 - 10:22 PM in Site Feedback

When you do decide to edit the code I suggest the simple str_replace command...

$sig = str_replace("[img]", "", "$sig");
$sig = str_replace("[/img]", "", "$sig");

$sig = str_replace("[IMG]", "", "$sig");
$sig = str_replace("[/IMG]", "", "$sig");

If used it to great success even when editing hundreds of instances of a php variable for my custom PHP Content generation hack for ikonboard which makes websites out of the posts in specific forums...

#7658 Why Can't We Have Small Images In Our Signatures?

Posted by ZATZAi on 04 August 2003 - 07:20 PM in Site Feedback

Lets see, heres how you find out.

Go here:

Admin Control Panel >> Options/Settings >> Member Options >>

Look for this line "Allow iB CODE in signatures? *"

Is it set to "Yes" or "No" ?

Assuming that part of Invision board is the same is iKonBoard...

#7657 Why Can't We Have Small Images In Our Signatures?

Posted by ZATZAi on 04 August 2003 - 07:13 PM in Site Feedback

I'm just curious, because I use ikonboard on F-125, which is a variant of invisionboard, the software you guys use. And I regularly hack my board to do things it wasn't designed to do...

I might even be able to help you guys, if you so require.