Quilan Fett's Content

There have been 640 items by Quilan Fett (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#237772 De-singling Your Longshot Update

Posted by Quilan Fett on 21 June 2009 - 12:18 PM in Modifications

ps: if anyone can tell me how to quote multiple people that would be really helpful

Under each post there are two buttons. Reply and Quote. Click the quote on each one you want to quote then hit add reply at the bottom of the page.

#237702 Consumed By Video Games

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 June 2009 - 10:45 PM in Off Topic

Realize this: You like video games because they are exciting, entertaining, and give you a sense of accomplishment. Instead of getting good at a game, get good at biking or running or dancing or kite flying. You can get the same excitement, entertainment, and accomplishment but you get out, get fit, and loose less time trying to master some fake reality created by a nerd who gets paid to sit around all day.

#237232 Rscb Help

Posted by Quilan Fett on 18 June 2009 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

Sand out the CPVC. Just roll some sandpaper into a gradual cone, slide it in the CPVC, and twist the CPVC while applying pressure.

#236910 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 June 2009 - 11:53 AM in General Nerf

I don't use any of my guns.

#236766 A B Question

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 June 2009 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

Check Heriticorp's writeup.

#235300 The Ultimate Doubleshot

Posted by Quilan Fett on 09 June 2009 - 07:28 PM in Modifications

Holy crap, your 5'7" and weigh 125!!! I'm 5'5" and weigh 130.

Well, that thing is quite a beauty there, and did you actually throw away your DS?

5' 10" and 130. Hehe, I win.

Sorry for the pointless reply. Ice Nine, this is badass. I can just imagine the idea thread for this. "Can I Saw two PASes up and connect them with a nitefinder handle to make them work like a doubleshot? See crappy paint image below" but you skipped that and went and did it. Nice.

#224808 General Blow Gun Stuff

Posted by Quilan Fett on 21 April 2009 - 06:15 PM in Homemades

Doesn't it depend on your barrel material and darts?

#223504 Compact Homemade

Posted by Quilan Fett on 13 April 2009 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

How about this:
Hornet tank as the pump shaft.
Pin on the back of the tank.
Hornet valve glued in the back of the pump with a hose that goes out the side.
When you want to fire, the pin pushes the valve open which equalizes the pressure in the pump with the outside pressure, allowing the hornet tank to fire.

#223503 The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

Posted by Quilan Fett on 13 April 2009 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

Funny, when I was new, I posted about this and everyone told me it wouldn't work.
http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=5591.0

#222104 Extending Plunger Pull.

Posted by Quilan Fett on 06 April 2009 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

Sure it'tl work. It might break your gun, but anything you do could.

#220928 Successful Rear-loading Maverick.

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 March 2009 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

For those who don't get the joke, Freddy takes it from behind? Nice mod, I just got a few clear Mavs and wanted to try this, but didn't want to risk breaking one.

Yes, that is the joke.

That's a funny one. Making fun of a dead person's sexuality, which he hid because it obviously bothered him.

#219947 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 March 2009 - 04:53 PM in General Nerf

A Ls catch failed and the brass breech shot into my finger. It took 4 months for my fingernail to grow back.

#217735 What Should I Modify Next

Posted by Quilan Fett on 12 March 2009 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Make a homemade.

#216854 Longshot Catch

Posted by Quilan Fett on 07 March 2009 - 11:33 PM in General Nerf

Check NHQ. I remember some guy made one out of aluminum.

#216410 Cpvc Breech

Posted by Quilan Fett on 05 March 2009 - 12:22 AM in Darts and Barrels

Used one of these in my shotgun. Link in sig.

#216087 New Improved Vulcan On My Website

Posted by Quilan Fett on 03 March 2009 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

My favorite part is looking at the "Tactics" sections on these sites.

http://fearnerf.webs.com/tactics.htm

Hehe, also in the comments:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but right now my site is under construction. If you don't like it then go suck a joe

#215064 I Need Your Opinion

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 February 2009 - 12:36 AM in Homemades

Disregard.

#215063 I Need Your Opinion

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 February 2009 - 12:34 AM in Homemades

I'd also flip the tank and put it under the barrel where the back half used to connect. Make it more compact, sturdy, and prettier. Hook up the barrel and the tank with large diameter (1/2") vinyl tubing.

#214644 Switch Shot Question

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 February 2009 - 10:39 AM in General Nerf

Will the switch shot fit in thinwall 1" PVC?

#214300 Snowskate Help

Posted by Quilan Fett on 22 February 2009 - 08:39 PM in Off Topic

Register on a Snowskate forum.

#213924 Homemade Smdtg Trigger

Posted by Quilan Fett on 21 February 2009 - 02:39 PM in Homemades

Standard check valves just inserted between the tank and the trigger would defeat the purpose of a back-pressure system. You could rig up 3 check valves between the pump and the trigger, each on a branch to a different segment of the trigger, but this system would be more akin to having 3 separate triggers rigged together than 1 trigger that operates 3 tanks.

Edit:
Actually, by cutting up a spring-loaded ball check valve and mounting it on thinwall CPVC, you can almost completely recreate the stock trigger.

I cut open a Big Salvo trigger last night. There is a check valve between the trigger and the tubing and each tank. Each one has a little nub sticking into the trigger that opens it. When the moving trigger peice slides through, it opens each valve separately.

#213820 Roto Rocket Mod

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 February 2009 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Nope. See, the barrel is part of the tank. So don't cut it.

#212959 Snap Shotgun

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 February 2009 - 12:02 AM in Homemades

Dang, its like a homemade, breeched, PAS.

Excellent work.

Funny you said that. I always loved my singled RFS but it always broke. This is it's replacement.

My next job is to make it beautiful. Gotta get some Vinyl dye.

#212876 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 February 2009 - 07:47 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Link in Sig.

#212868 Snap Shotgun

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 February 2009 - 07:24 PM in Homemades

I love it. Very nice work on the breech system.
The thing about the leverage with the trigger is that, though it's easier to pull, you have to pull for a longer distance. Which is personal preference. I for one, and I know Vacc is like this as well, prefer a "hair trigger", even if it means a tough pull.

As for showdowns at 100 feet, +pistol.

With the breech though, you could effectively shotgun load, in the same manner that my thundersplat did? Very nice.

Thanks.

The trigger pull isn't that long, but now that you mention it, I do like a longer pull.

And yes, the breech works in the same manner as your thundersplat.

#212862 Broken S.s As-1 Help!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 February 2009 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

i would get another but gas would cost more to go to the other side of town then to get my 3 dollars back....

Good lord... How large is your town? Even if your car only got 10MPG, and the store was less than 15 miles from your house, it would still be worth it. Honestly, if you don't start with a working unit, then you won't get very far.

Do your math again. Using your numbers, he would use 2-3 gallons and at around $2 per gallon, that's 4-6 dollars compared to 3 dollars.

skylarkoz- Try pumping it really fast. When I first got mine I was majorly bummed cause it wouldn't work. It took me about an hour of searching to find that I just needed to pump faster.

#212860 Ebay Question

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 February 2009 - 06:56 PM in Off Topic

http://www.mailinator.com/

If you don't let e-bay send you any credit card numbers or paypal passwords (Not sure if this is possible (I don't use e-bay)), you should be fine.

#212851 Snap Shotgun

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 February 2009 - 06:35 PM in Homemades

I have always wanted to make something like this and I finally got enough patience up to do it right.

Posted Image

I think this will describe it better than 5 paragraphs and be easier to read:

1.25" PVC Body.
Plunger tube is 1" Thinwall PVC
Brass breech is connected to plunger tube
CPVC barrel is stationary
Plunger moves back to prime
Opening in brass is exposed when the plunger is back
Dart is pushed into CPVC barrel by tighter CPVC behind it when plunger tube moves forward
Clothespin trigger

Key features:
Almost perfect seal (Plunger looses a bit of air but moves faster to compensate)
Unlike previous SNAP variants, trigger is easy to pull (Leverage)
Almost no dead space. Dart loads 0-1" from the plunger head's resting position.
Plunger is lighter than PVC (From bike pump)
Dart is pushed into barrel like angel breech, so loading multiple darts is easy
Removeable stock
Comfy

And the moment you've all been waiting for...

Ranges: Good.

Yeah, I know, kind of a letdown, but everyone measures differently. Plus, after a certain point it doesn't matter anymore. You're not going to have a showdown with someone from 100 feet away. It hits hard at 70' and that's enough for me.

Notes:
I still need to cut a larger hole for dart loading, but my dremel stopped working and I haven't ordered a new one yet.
The two couplers in the front are because I cut the body too short.
Any questions? I know this is brief and lacking in details, since there are so many to list, but I'd be happy to provide any there are interest for.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#212049 Night Finder

Posted by Quilan Fett on 13 February 2009 - 06:30 PM in Site Feedback

^ Pot calling the kettle black?

#211850 N-strike Game Blasters

Posted by Quilan Fett on 12 February 2009 - 08:04 PM in General Nerf

According to this, the raider is slower and less powerful than a recon.

#211051 My Nitefinder Mod: Unique Barrel Setup, Vaccum Loading, Minimization

Posted by Quilan Fett on 10 February 2009 - 12:38 AM in Modifications

This is what I did with my NF's, except I glued the barrels in instead of taping them.

With PETG and no AR's.

Cool, what kind of results did you get out of yours? And how did you bridge the gap between the barrel and the plunger tube?

Oh, wow. I stand corrected. Guess I did use one peice. I used the stock bridge piece drilled out. It's been a while.

#210598 My Nitefinder Mod: Unique Barrel Setup, Vaccum Loading, Minimization

Posted by Quilan Fett on 08 February 2009 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

This is what I did with my NF's, except I glued the barrels in instead of taping them.

With PETG and no AR's.

#209692 Cpvc Mav

Posted by Quilan Fett on 05 February 2009 - 10:22 AM in Modifications

No. Sadly, my maverick broke and I have not bought a new one yet. That still makes absolutely no sense. The size of the hole it goes into shouldn't matter if the dart is right in front of it.

When you blow into your drink with a straw, it doesn't shoot through the bottom of the glass, does it? That is because the air is escaping around the straw since it does not cover the whole top of the glass. Now if you had a glass with a smaller top or a much bigger straw and you were to hook it up to an air compressor...

But the point is the dart, like the bottom of the glass, does not want to leave that tight barrel. And if air can escape somewhere, it will.

#209389 Cpvc Mav

Posted by Quilan Fett on 04 February 2009 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

Put the drilled out AR's back in.

#208991 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 February 2009 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

Thanks! By the way, can anyone tell me what type of barrel can be used to fire stock and stefan darts with a good ratio of stock vs. stefan range?

Try CPVC, PETG, or brass nested in PVC.

Does anybody know if ABS is good for barrel material? If so, what size would fit in a recon?

As far as I am aware, there is not a size that fits our darts.

#208523 Spring Adding?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 01 February 2009 - 01:42 AM in General Nerf

In spring guns, it is my understanding that the biggest factor (after a certain point) is plunger weight. Look at the SNAP. Huge volume, massive springs, and yet it is still outranged by stock guns like the x-bow, some longshots, and pump shotguns. Why? The plungers are made out of minimal amounts of light plastics. Not the full tubes of PVC we use in homemades. Want a mathematical formula?

Acceleration = force รท mass

The larger the mass, the larger the force must be to get the same acceleration.

Acceleration is one of the biggest factors in range, because the plunger only has a very short time to push as much air as it can behind the dart before it leaves the barrel.

This is why the +bow gets such good ranges. It uses a very light plunger, like most stock guns.

Now, the relevance to this thread is this: The volume is not the issue. It is the weight of the plunger.

#208370 Broken Magstrike

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 January 2009 - 07:51 PM in Homemades

Browser Double posted.

#208368 Broken Magstrike

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 January 2009 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

I'm pretty sure this is the right forum. You could use some of the parts for a homemade, but I'd make something like imaseoulman's Arachniphobia II.

#208209 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 January 2009 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

Ride your bike.

#206662 Name That Gun!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 January 2009 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Lanard Clip Shot Fast And Furious .