VINDICATOR's Content

There have been 15 items by VINDICATOR (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#265100 Knock Off Star Wars Rebel Troop Blaster Optimization

Posted by VINDICATOR on 11 February 2010 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Bleachmaniac: Excellent mod! Straightforward and to the point. I saw both the green and red troop blasters at a Dollarama store near my house couple weeks back. I didn't think much of it, hearing it was just another cheap useless dollar store gun in the Product Awareness Thread. What you did though was the exact opposite of what I thought! This is probably the best dollar store gun with the most potential. 65'?! Not bad for $2. I was thinking though that the red one might've been more powerful or had a larger plunger since it can fire arrows, but both seem to be the same size as I recall. I'll have to agree with pearson2 in terms of durability. These type of guns weren't built to last forever, but you can lengthen the lifespan by reinforcement and avoid dry-firing. By the way, are you from Canada? If so, where abouts?

#265096 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by VINDICATOR on 11 February 2010 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

You're Welcome, Flashflint. :D

#265086 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by VINDICATOR on 11 February 2010 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Flashflint: In the back of each shell, there's a tiny cylinder about .5 cm tall and .3 cm in diameter. Inside the tiny cylinder is what you would normally find in a ring cap gun, where there is a little nub for the cap to rest on with spokes connecting the nub to the shell.
(Click on the link near the bottom)

When the hammer strikes the cap, the "gas" passes through the spokes propelling the dart foward. Also, there's a tight seal where the cap rests, so none of the "gas" will escape. The only drawback about this is that it's hard to remove the cap after firing.

The confetti gun fires six rounds, but the standard ring cap consists of eight caps, meaning you will have to cut the caps individually for each shell. Funny thing is, if you watch the video closely, the guy at the end fires seven rounds. Strange, eh?

PS: While researching more about the six shot confetti gun, I found my original one online. I remember I put a spring underneath where the shell is placed, so when I open the breech, it ejects! I donated it to Value Village awhile ago though.

http://www.comparest...onfetti-gun.jpg

Edit: I just remembered a way to make ring caps more powerful...and also louder. Take a roll of paper caps and cut them to fit into the ring caps. I've tried it before and it is definately louder, but I haven't tested it to fire nerf darts. Instead I did this for my BB cap gun I converted. I should warn you though, it's a tedious task.

#265064 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by VINDICATOR on 11 February 2010 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post.

#265063 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by VINDICATOR on 11 February 2010 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

Instead of making a cap gun fire nerf darts, I've tried using a confetti popper gun such as this. (Except mine was single shot, but fired the same type of shells.)

The green cylinder in the video has six tight shells that has a single ring cap placed at the back. They can fit 1.5" stefans (I used CDTD's) and fire them up to at least 40'.

After I tried this out, I was amazed that it actually worked! When I went to go retrieve the dart, however, I found it burnt at the back. The whole experience was fun nonetheless. :D

I live in Canada and the only place I know that carries that type of confetti popper gun is Gags and Giggles. You might find it in a dollar store though, which is where I found my single shot "popper".

All I'm saying is that confetti poppers are more practical to use than cap guns when it comes to converting them to shoot Nerf darts, from my experience.

#202471 The Playstation Network Topic

Posted by VINDICATOR on 10 January 2009 - 08:27 PM in Off Topic

PSN ID: coolbeans007

Games: Call of Duty 3, Battlefield Bad Company

#139478 New Nerf Stuff In Canada.

Posted by VINDICATOR on 10 February 2008 - 02:11 PM in General Nerf

Ooh, Aah. Nice Titan. Pretty Scout. Great find Angel! I hope the new set comes to the Waterloo Region soon. And I always that the States get all the fun first! (How silly of me.) :D

#136655 The Inspiration Of The Cap Dart

Posted by VINDICATOR on 20 January 2008 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

No, the paper cap sits on the tip of the stefan, the hot glue part, with sticky tac holding it in place. It works fine.

#135962 Nerf Hornet Revamp

Posted by VINDICATOR on 14 January 2008 - 01:42 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure it's the same N-strike Hornet with a different paint job. Wicked sweet! I love the Hornet!

#135550 Kinda Like A Nerf Mine!

Posted by VINDICATOR on 10 January 2008 - 08:28 PM in General Nerf

That's exactly the one I was thinking guys. Thanks Blasphemy. Thanks Lionhead. :D Too bad there are no Targets in Canada. Rats! ^_^

#135527 Kinda Like A Nerf Mine!

Posted by VINDICATOR on 10 January 2008 - 07:08 PM in General Nerf

It doesn't seem like a too bad idea, but I saw something else by wild planet that they made similar to this. It's a laser trip wire that when you walk into the beam, a dart blaster thing that you can hide anywhere in the room will shoot the victim. I can't remember where I saw this, but it's a thought. Hope this helps.

#135515 The Inspiration Of The Cap Dart

Posted by VINDICATOR on 10 January 2008 - 06:26 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys for all the comments. I really appreciated them. I'll try to get a hold of my camera after it's done charging and might take some pictures of my cap darts and maybe even some videos of them in action. It seems like they only work against hard targets, so it might not work against human targets, luckily. (I tried it on myself, but I was wearing a sweater.) And as for drywalls, they do make little black marks but can be easily wiped clean.(I guess this can be good for target practice, outdoors though.) I'm still experimenting with the cap darts to see if it will affect anything else such as range and accuracy. I'm using my Longshot to test them out, which works great by the way, but I can't wait to acquire myself with yet another Magstrike! (My other one had its bladder blown.) Patience is key to success I guess. :P

#135414 The Inspiration Of The Cap Dart

Posted by VINDICATOR on 09 January 2008 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

Hey fellas, this is my first time contributing anything to the NIC. I give credit for 3D-BBQ for inspiring me on this idea, the cap dart. 3D-BBQ's cap dart was made of a normal stephan, but had a matchstick sticking out of the tip of the dart. The cap he used was a ring cap, which is put on the front of the matchstick. When he fired the round, the tip with the cap on it struck a hard surface and went POW! So I followed in his foot steps, but lost him. So then out of nowhere, inspiration struck me again at random. I opened my drawer filled with cap guns when I saw some paper caps out of the box. I looked at the caps, then I looked at the tip of my asshole darts. That' s when it hit me. Then I asked myself,"Is there a way I can put these together?" Sure enough, the answer was staring back at me right in the face. On top of my drawer was a glob of sticky tac. "This just might work!" And sure enough it did. My cap dart consists of a normal stephan with a tiny ball of stick tac with a paper cap cut out with a hole puncher. When fired, the results were loud and satisfying. I had this idea for a while now, and it's about time I come out of my shell and tell the whole community about it! I'll call it cap darts for now. I was gonna call it pop darts, but it sounded like POP TARTS. lol. Can't wait to use these at my cousin's house, we have nerf wars inside, where it will be used most effectively on the walls. Perfect! If I can pull this all off, He'll be in for one big surprise! I hope this will inspire anyone else in the nerf community who hasn't spoke out about their ideas. Don't be afraid, your time is coming, your time is now. Thank you. :P

#120058 Toilet Paper Holder Springs

Posted by VINDICATOR on 16 August 2007 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

LOL. That's quite a funny story you got there. It made me laugh a bit. That trip you made to the bathroom was "A blessing in disguise". :rolleyes:

#120053 Rf 20 Or Magstrike?

Posted by VINDICATOR on 16 August 2007 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but is the Magstrike's piston assembly the same size as the Rapid Fire 20'S? If it is, can i replace the Rapid Fire 20's piston assembly with the Magstrike's piston assembly? By the way, I like the Rapid Fire 20 for its big 20 round-capacity. I find it more fun to shoot 20 rounds into someone than just ten, but then again that's just my opinion. :P