koree's Content

There have been 268 items by koree (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355108 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by koree on 20 July 2016 - 12:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I seem to have forgotten to respond to this. I'm in.

#349227 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 21 October 2015 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

;c

Possible reschedule? Curious also about how many people actually payed.

We only had 10 people pre-registered. I needed 25.

#349178 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 18 October 2015 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Is the event still on?

Nope, didn't get enough people. I'll be refunding everyone momentarily.

#349015 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 10 October 2015 - 12:21 AM in Nerf Wars

Still need people to pre-register. If I don't get enough people by 11:59PM on Saturday, Oct 17th, I'm going to have to cancel the event. If the event is canceled I will refund any pre-registration fees. If you have any questions please let me know.

#348905 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 29 September 2015 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I personally believe that super stock wars could bring in more participants than NIC blaster wars because lightly modified blasters and stock blasters are probably a bit more common than homemade NIC level blasters... and you wouldn't have to worry about canceling due to lack of registrations.

I have a few modified blasters, but have no intentions at this time to venture into homemade nic style blasters that require homemade darts. If anyone here is interested in a regular super stock war instead of NIC-blaster wars, let me know either by PM or in this thread. I have the ability to get something off the ground, but I'd need to get some people on board first.

You're making this out to be a much bigger of a problem than it is. Do you know what this field is like? Do you know what the engagement distances are like? I was taken out several times during the last time we played here by an unmodified jolt. Here, the vast majority of engagement distances are well under 50 feet. Trust the person who's hosted many more NIC events than you've probably been to when I say you'll be fine.

Also, if you're afraid to show up to this event because you won't have fun because you will be outgunned, don't be.

Joedimarco came to his first event a couple weeks ago to a field terrible for stock blasters and he still had a ton of fun against homemades. Sure he had to run a few more feet to get in range but he had a greater rate of fire with a modified pump action gun.

Shandsgator8 played several wars with a near stock alpha trooper, not even an elite alpha trooper and looked badass doing it in orange n-strike mags all over him and clearly enjoyed it. And though he owns his very well modified UMB, he still breaks out the disk shooters.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

And I'm planning to play at this event with a Revonix.

If your'e still not convinced that you can't have fun against people using homemades it's only your loss. And I have no interest in hosting an NIC event that doesn't allow homemades.

#348875 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 28 September 2015 - 04:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey folks, I really need people to start pre-registering. If I don't get 25 people to register by Oct 17th I'm going to have to cancel the event. If the event does get canceled everyone who's pre-registered will be refunded.

#348761 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 16 September 2015 - 04:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, so it sounds like I should bring a very competitive super stock blaster if I want to offset the other players' advantage of having more FPS. I'm curious, do you allow Rapidstrike blasters or any other fully automatic super stock blasters on the field?

I've only put one type of restriction. Clearly, if whatever gun you're using causes problems the day of the event, I may talk to you about it to resolve the situation. Last time we had several sceptors and we had no problems with them, and I'm pretty sure there were a few full auto guns too.

#348741 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 14 September 2015 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Is there any plan to have a super stock or SAMBO style war at this facility?

I would love to attend a nerf war but I do not have NIC level blasters so I probably won't attend this particular war unless there's a chance you will be running a few SAMBO games. I'm interested in any super stock or SAMBO style nerf wars, and seeing that you have a pretty good group of participants already, I'm hoping that you will consider adding in SAMBO style nerf wars to widen the pool of potential participants for these events.

With the objective type games and the lack of awkward long range standoffs due to cover you will not be at a disadvantage with stock guns. One of the great things about this field is that it allows a huge variety of blasters to be perfectly competitive. I have no intention of hosting stock or super stock or any of those types of wars here.

#348664 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 05 September 2015 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Date set to Nov. 1st.

Please pre-register.

#348537 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by koree on 26 August 2015 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Please note the first post and my previous post which has pointed out that this war is postponed.

#348509 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by koree on 24 August 2015 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

So we've had a few people express difficulty in making it to this event. It seems like a bad date but there still seems to be interest in having a war in this area soon. So I'll put a pin on this one and we'll reschedule for sometime soon.

#348327 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by koree on 11 August 2015 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Cancelled due to lack of attendants

Price: $25 dollars preregistered. $30 dollars at the door.

Pregistration: Paypal me at THIS account. $15 is the minimum amount for a pre-registration, the full $25 dollars is preferred. Pre-registration fee is non-refundable unless event is cancelled.

First 5 people to pre-register will get 5 dollars off.
(Past 5 people)
I need at least 25 people for this event. If the event is cancelled for whatever reason I'll refund the paypal payments.

For those of you unfamiliar with Plains Airsoft Arena, it's a airsoft arena that is perfect for our nerf wars.

• 30,000 Square Feet!
  • Many buildings, including two that are two stories
  • Great engagement distances for nerf
  • Flag pulley system for objectives (Domination/Territories style games actually work here)
  • Electronic bomb with plant/defuse functions
  • Respawn corners with cover
  • Friendly staff that will ref our games

Date: To be selected, it'll be a Sunday in Nov 2015

Start/End Time: 9AM to 5PM

Waiver: Required for all players. If you are under 18, it is imperative that you print and have this waiver completed by your legal guardian, or have them complete the waiver there. Waiver can be found at here.

Rules:
  • No blasters shooting over 3 joules. This equates to ~254 FPS with a 1 gram dart
  • Slugs are the preferred ammunition. Other darts must be deemed non-hazardous but most darts used within the NIC are allowed
  • Eye protection is required
  • All participants must be 13 years or older
  • If you're being a prick I'll ask you to leave

Pictures from the last event.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#348277 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by koree on 07 August 2015 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there! Maybe with a +1 if that's cool.

That would be cool.

#348255 2015 Nerf Wars Schedule

Posted by koree on 06 August 2015 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

August:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26277]Date of Event [PA] Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War[/url]

#348252 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by koree on 06 August 2015 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

POSTPONED

Looks like we have some momentum so let's keep on nerfing.

Host: Koree, Hoongfu

Date: August 29th 2015

Time: 10 AM - 5 PM

If we are expecting a lot of people we'll use the Eddystone field, if we're expecting a smaller group we'll use Amosland Park. Either way the location will be very close to the Philadelphia International Airport. I will post the final decision and address a few days before the war.

Darts: Slugs or stock darts

Nerf Guns: Shoots under 260 fps with 1 gram dart

Attendance:
Koree
Bhajj94
Peach
Hoongfu (+wife?)
Jupiter +1
Joe

Amosland Park:

Posted Image

Eddystone Field:

Posted Image

#348085 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by koree on 27 July 2015 - 10:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Thank you all for coming. I was very happy to see so many folks I hadn't in a long time. It seemed unanimous that the event was a success. I feel that there was a bit of a rough start at the beginning with adapting the rule set to the new field but we figured it out pretty quick. Thanks to those who took pictures.

I think this new field, Amosland Park, is an ok field for small wars. The number of attendants to this war is probably the maximum capacity for this field. With that in mind, I think we're going to have to keep looking but I'll can continue organizing events here for the time being.

#347308 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by koree on 20 June 2015 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops, double post.

#347307 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by koree on 20 June 2015 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. If more people sign up for this I would be willing to make the drive. Do you have a second site you are also looking at in case you get kicked out of this one?

I really wish we could have a second site, but there just isn't a park we can use nearby right now. Hence, the fun is not guaranteed label. Again, this event is to test a new site because our old sites are not available.

#347298 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by koree on 19 June 2015 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

So as you may know we've been having some trouble finding a new place to play nerf in the Philly area as we got kicked out of our usual spot and the passing of Gears. A new member, joedimarco, has suggested this new spot. Joe has sent me some pictures and video of this place and it does look promising for some foam flinging. But, as always with trying out a new place, we might get kicked out in 2 min or a ravenous pack of wolves might come and take one of the younger players away. But, if you're in the area, I'd love to see some faces I haven't seen in a while and it might end up being a great time. To that end.

Host: Koree, Joedimarco

Time: 10 AM to Not sure.

Date: July 25th, 2015

Location: 233 E Amosland Rd, Norwood PA 19074 Meet at the parking lot of Amosland Park. We are not playing at this park. I'll show you where to go from here.

Nerf guns: Under 260 fps with 1 gram darts.

Darts: Slugs, stock darts, anything else ask me but please don't and just use slugs.

Posted Image

Attending:

Koree
Hoongfu + Wife
Drev +1-2
Joedimarco
Aeromech
Phil + Fiance
ClownieX

#345834 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 26 March 2015 - 05:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys,

Thanks for coming out, especially to those who came out for airsoft as well. I'm hoping everyone was pretty happy with the number of rounds we managed to get in, I was pretty pushy about getting people prepped for the next round but we paid a lot of money and I think we made the best out of the time we had.

I've talked to the owner and we're pretty sure we can make this into at least a once a year thing. Next year I'd like to have it a little before spring starts to help everyone get the dust off their nerf guns so we can be in full swing for our outdoor games in the spring. That being said, I need a name for the event, so if you think of anything please let me know! However, if anyone else suggests something having to do with snakes and plains you will be shamed.

As for more wars hosted by yours truly, I'm going to try to arrange for us to use a new field in the Philadelphia area suggested by joedimarco. Since this is the same county we've been kicked out of parks before I'm going to ask the town/police to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again. I'll keep you guys posted.

On a less positive note, I'm missing an ESLT! If anyone finds that they've packed a ESLT with green bungees, please let me know.

#345703 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 20 March 2015 - 10:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey folks, hope everyone's almost ready for nerfing this sunday. If you're going to be airsofting as well, that's at noon to 8pm tomorrow.

Koree

#344931 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 10 February 2015 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey Koree, when do you need definitive yes or no responses?

Doesn't matter, it just helps me out with planning. Hope to see you there.

#344906 The PullSCRT

Posted by koree on 09 February 2015 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Cool

#344879 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 08 February 2015 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Are solid-headed China darts (FVJ's) allowed? Technically, they're stock darts and are lighter than slugs, but I figured I'd check first.

Yep, that's fine.

#344493 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 21 January 2015 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

This is basically an outdoor war held indoors right? Standard nerf blasters are fine i.e. there won't be too much close-quarters firing?

I see Kane is going so maybe I don't have to buy a plane ticket and check a bag full of Nerf blasters.

I don't think using our outdoor guns will be a problem.

#344421 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 19 January 2015 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I am going to replace the motors on my stryfe to make it shoot 110+ ft is that ok... also i have a strongarm with a 7kg spring is that allowed. I f its a yes i will most likely be there with a friend and if its a no... i dont know.

Both of those modifications are fine. Hope you can make it.

#344291 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 15 January 2015 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Start and end time has been set from 9AM to 5PM.

#344176 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 11 January 2015 - 08:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If this wasn't nearly 2 hours plus from me Id so be in. Hopefully something a bit closer to philadelphia will come up soon.

Unfortunately there won't be. I almost exclusively host the events near Philadelphia and I don't have access to our usual field anymore. A lot of folks are traveling a lot further. There are people driving from Ohio, flying in from Chicago and Minnesota. A two hour drive comparatively will be very easy. If you wanna nerf, this is probably as close as it's going to get for quite a while. We'd love to have you.

#344134 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 10 January 2015 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in for the nerf war at least. Maybe the airsoft if I can make myself a relevant toy.

They have rental equipment. If you haven't airsofted before i wouldn't recommend investing until you've tried it out.

#344020 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 07 January 2015 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh this is gonna be great. Koree, you need some spare homemades for some of the plus ones' coming?

Yes, that would be very helpful. Thank you.

#343980 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 06 January 2015 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be trying to make it and am looking for guests. I have a chance of making it for airsoft too, but don't have terribly advanced gear.

Are Sceptors allowed? (Provided they meet the chrono and dart restrictions, obviously.)

Yeah you can use your sceptor as long as you meet the other requirements. If it does become a problem I may ask you to use something else.That's very unlikely though.

#343923 2015 Nerf Wars Schedule

Posted by koree on 05 January 2015 - 03:21 AM in Nerf Wars

March:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25655&pid=343922&st=0&#entry343922]22nd [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena[/url]

#343879 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by koree on 04 January 2015 - 02:35 AM in Nerf Wars

A massive 30,000 square feet indoor airsoft arena has opened up in northeastern PA. The field has everything you could want.

-Many buildings, including two that are two stories.

-Great engagement distances for nerf

-Flag pulley system for objectives (Domination/Territories style games actually work here)

-Electronic bomb with plant/defuse functions

-Respawn corners with cover

-Friendly staff that will ref our games

Date: Sunday March 22nd 2015

Start/End Time: 9AM to 5PM

Cost: $20-25 Like other nerf events hosted at airsoft venues. The more people we bring, the lower the cost required per person to cover the rental of the field. Bring more friends, pay less.

Waiver: Required for all players. If you are under 18, it is imperative that you print and have this waiver completed by your legal guardian, or have them complete the waiver there. Waiver can be found at here.

Rules
-Nothing may shoot as hard as a singled big blast with a plugged pump. More quantitatively, no blaster may shoot a dart harder than 260 fps with 1 gram darts. Basic NIC common sense. The playing area is large enough that I feel the blasters we use outdoors can be safely used.

-Eye protection is required.

-If you’re being a prick I’ll ask you to leave.

-All Participants must be 13 years or older.

BONUS! A quite a few of us are going to be spending the day before playing airsoft at the field. You should join us. It’s $25 if you have equipment, $55 if you don’t.

Please let post if you're going to be there and if you'll be joining us for airsoft as well.

Participants:
Koree
bhaji94 +2
Areomech +3
The nerfer formally known as DX
Craftsman +5
Langley
Hoongfu
ClownieX +2
CK23 +2
Jupiter +1
Ted
C-A 99
Shandsgator +2
Chops
Drev
Kane
alexbianchi15 +1
Alfatrooper
Zorns Lemma
joedimarco
Numa-t49
kidame tomanaka
Ryan201821
Evilbunnyo
Griever 2112 +1

Bastard who broke my heart:
Beaver

Pics of the Arena

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#338970 [NJ] Babbage Park 0517

Posted by koree on 16 May 2014 - 11:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Prewar Bump

Weather looks great for tomorrow. If you have any urgent questions or get lost message me, I'll keep a close eye on my inbox.

#338364 2014 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by koree on 20 April 2014 - 10:51 PM in Nerf Wars

May

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24948]May 7th 2014 [PA] Babbage Park 0517[/url]

#338356 [NJ] Babbage Park 0517

Posted by koree on 20 April 2014 - 07:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi, let's get the NJ spring wars going.

Date: 5/17/14
Time: 10 AM to 5 PM

Hosts: Gears, Hoongfu, Koree

Street Address: Babbage Park, 2 Edison Avenue, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902

Rules:
Eye protection is mandatory
Blasters Restrictions: Singled titans and the like. I reserve the right to spot ban anything deemed unsafe.
Dart Restrictions: Slugs only, try to keep the mass equal to or under 1.1 grams. No Amoirs or darts that contain "putty" of any sort.

Age Restrictions:
Anyone under the age of 13 will not be allowed to play. The only exception being an older sibling/parent/guardian PLAYING with us. We're not going to take care of your kids.

Anyone who is not considered mature enough for this activity, regardless of age will be dropped from the rest of the day's activities. This includes, and is not limited to dealing with complaining about pain from taking hits.

Going:
Koree
Hoongfu
Gears
Langley
Griever
Aeromech

Duxburian
Bhaj94
Princess Peach
Numa-T49
Gingy
Jupiter
Slightlysane813

#337547 Double SnapBow

Posted by koree on 18 March 2014 - 10:03 PM in Homemades

Nice job! I'm really happy to see that my funky layout is being used in other people's projects. I'm glad to see a good writeup as well.

On the note of using 1" pvc for the lower body, I highly recommend doing this. I did it a version I made with a CPT. LINK It lightens up the blaster a ton and I think it's easier to work with as you can use 1 1/4" pvc for the pump sheath. Additionally I suggest not extending the PVC to the back to make a stock. I think it adds a lot of unnecessary weight and dremmeling out those channels is a pain. Instead I think it's more effective to take nylon rod or smaller diameter pvc to make a +bow esque stock.

#335798 Tristate Nerf War

Posted by koree on 04 December 2013 - 01:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry DX, can't make this one. I really hope you guys get a good turnout though, this winter has been really slow.

Koree

#334954 MAGENTA MONGOLS MILLCREEK SMACKDOWN

Posted by koree on 22 October 2013 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

How did you guys feel about Millcreek? Did you like returning? If this was your first time playing at Millcreek, would you be interested in returning? It's definitely a field that lends itself to airguns, so would you consider swapping up your load out?

I'm not really feeling millcreek. I prefer open areas with guaranteed coverage like mobstacles and big trees. I was surprised at the dart recovery though, not bad at all. Also I may not have liked it as much since all my airguns broke on me. I did enjoy the stealthiness, but still prefer to play normally.

I'm not a big fan of this park either. However, I bet if we did some extensive planning we could play some fun objective games there.

#334311 Inexpensive Chronograph

Posted by koree on 28 September 2013 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

It doesn't make sense to use the beaver/0914 data to demonstrate inconsistency in muzzle velocity, because Beaver took his data at a range of different pressures/velocities intentionally, and the war data was taken from several different blasters. If you want to get an idea of how precisely a chrony measures the power of a blaster, you need to use just one blaster.

I didn't, I linked other data for that.

Now here’s some chrony data collected under the same conditions each time. See how there’s a few darts that crept over the 200 fps mark? Very susceptible to cherry picking.

Also, I'm not saying that chrony tests are particularly prone to cherry picking, I'm saying that all measurements are. With your data you probably have an average of ~212 fps, however, most people in our community don't how to (or are unwilling) to use even the most basic forms of statistics and may report values such as 225 for an experiment like yours.