EleMenT's Content

There have been 28 items by EleMenT (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53201 Fire Ext.

Posted by EleMenT on 22 April 2005 - 05:01 PM in Homemades

wow thats a really creative idea, pardon me asking however, but isn't the tank a little hard to carry around?

#53022 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by EleMenT on 20 April 2005 - 08:10 PM in Homemades

could you tell me exactly what size o-rings you used on the plunger? on the diagrams you said 1 and 1/8 by 1/8, however i am confused because they go around 1/2 inch pvc so how would this work if the o-ring is almost twice the diameter of the piece it is going on?

#52585 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by EleMenT on 15 April 2005 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

on his website i realized that too, but if you right click in where there should be a picture and click "show picture" it should work

#52551 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by EleMenT on 15 April 2005 - 01:37 AM in Homemades

jdp204 (or anybody else who has one) could you test the strengh of the spring for me. about how many pounds does it take to push it down an inch (or any other given length)

#52373 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by EleMenT on 12 April 2005 - 07:02 PM in Homemades

and where did you get the spring? was it from your other gun or did you buy it by it self. if so where can us mortals get one?

#52301 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by EleMenT on 11 April 2005 - 10:27 PM in Homemades

in the excel file, i believe that we need a username and password to view the animation. If you could either fix this or give us the entry information that would be great.

#52260 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by EleMenT on 11 April 2005 - 06:29 PM in Homemades

oops nevermind. i thought the excel thing was the writeup on the website. my bad

#52256 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by EleMenT on 11 April 2005 - 06:13 PM in Homemades

it doesn't really matter, but why did you do all of your stuff in excel? like for the write-up, wouldn't it have been easier to do it in word, or even on the notepad?

#52177 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by EleMenT on 10 April 2005 - 05:49 PM in Homemades

wow dude lots of questions. I didn't make the gun so i don't have all the answers but heres some

What is on the end of the barrel that is a brownish/greenish color?

Thats the fake silencer that he added

the pin in the lower reciever holding back the plunger is carbon rod, and so are the pins holding in the action spring correct? can this bee reliabley replaced by wooden dowels? i seem to think the wood would break under the main spring's pressure...

Correct, wood would break, but i don't see why you couldn't use any other type of metal rod, as long as it is fairly thick

one more question: in the nf you can replace the o-ring with electrical tape, could you do the same with this gun?

i guess you could do that, but you might loose a lot of valued pressure. i think that the best idea would be to use a teflon washer insted of rubber. teflon just as well, and it doesn't have as much friction as rubber so it might work better for the plunger

I'm working on the same idea of gun, but im adapting it to bb size so i'm running into a lot of the same problems. hope i helped you some!

#49902 My Next Big Project

Posted by EleMenT on 17 March 2005 - 06:59 PM in Homemades

This might have been a good topic for a poll, but i guess thats just me. I like number 3

#48964 A Site Dedicated To Homemade Nerf Weapons

Posted by EleMenT on 07 March 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

if it was there i would go to it

#48615 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by EleMenT on 03 March 2005 - 07:55 PM in Homemades

u know i don't know about everybody else but i would really like to see some of the other pictures during the building process. Especially the ones regarding installation of the firing spring, but any that you post are great. Superb gun.

i also love the Ferrari poster/hanging in your house

#24602 Actual Working Spring Home-made!

Posted by EleMenT on 21 April 2004 - 12:59 AM in Homemades

Sorry about that stupid question. (man, i need more caffine)

No actually thats the last thing that you need buddy. ^_^

#22617 New Guy

Posted by EleMenT on 28 March 2004 - 01:52 AM in Homemades

My god! All of you are so mean to newcommers :angry: . Give this guy a break i mean he just got into nerf so he needs to get into the flow of things. Highlander, sorry about them, we aren't all jerks here so don't juge us all by just reading their replys. About your idea, it won't really work. Stefans (and their brothers such as zero darts) are the only nerf ammo that have really been found to work. Part of nerfing is having to make you stuff so you need to get used to it. Stefans need to be made with care so that they will give the best results

And all of you need to just take a chill pill. Geeze your acting like we don't want new people registering here :angry: .

EleMenT

#22257 New Dart

Posted by EleMenT on 23 March 2004 - 11:00 PM in Homemades

No offence or anything but this sounds like a sort of stupid idea. There is a fine line between nerf and paintball and i think that you have just broken it. Way to go using new ideas and being on the lookout for ways to improve nerf, but I think that this is too much and challenges nerf for what it is. Nerf (in my opinion) is supposed to be air or spring guns (no explosives) that shoot out foam at other people. A lot of people these days have been getting "great ideas" that have been taken too far. I am sorry that I am coming down on you so hard uche-uche, but i really mean this reply to anybody that has come up with ideas that infringe on the boundary between nerf and paintball.

I know of the clay that you are talking about and it is really great for crafts and stuff. I guess that it is better than firing actual clay around at people but it still doesn’t go well with nerf.

I hope that I am not alone in my opinion on what nerf is and isn’t. I know that my friends and I do like paintball and bb-gunning as well as nerf, but I don’t like the idea of mixing any of those.

In summary, good idea in general, but I don’t think that it is a good idea for the welfare of nerf.

#20840 Co2 Poll

Posted by EleMenT on 07 March 2004 - 03:14 AM in General Nerf

I do not think that guns with Co2 canisters should be allowed in any nerf war. I think that Co2 canisters are meant for bbguns and paintball guns and it should stay that way. Nerf guns are meant to be cocked or pumped or even air compressor filled not using Co2. Now that I am on my soapbox, is anybody with me?!? Please do not ruin real nerfing for what it is.

#20837 Firecracker Nerf Gun

Posted by EleMenT on 07 March 2004 - 12:29 AM in Homemades

Haha that's a good point

This isn't aim people so don't talk like it :D

Lets try to be mature people and use actual language.

#19810 New Valve

Posted by EleMenT on 24 February 2004 - 10:05 PM in Homemades

LOL
ok gocha now. he seems like one of those people who try to do too much without thinking enough, and ends up looking like an idiot. oh well. i really needed a good valve so thats too bad. and by the way, if anybody has found a small and fast valve (i guess thats like the dream valve) please tell me asap

#19669 New Valve

Posted by EleMenT on 23 February 2004 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

What?!?!
i don't understand!
tell me more!
why?
huh?

#19529 New Valve

Posted by EleMenT on 22 February 2004 - 05:33 PM in Homemades

On a bargin table there was this trigger looking thing.  On closer inspection I found it was a fancy valve that is used to replace valves in Nail Guns.

sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, but i would really like to know more about this valve you got. did it work? who was it made by? and where can i get one? if you have any or all of this info that would be great. if you don't want to use this forum you can e-mail me at flapjackfreak24@clanmckinlay.com
thankyouthankyou

#18961 Sick Nades

Posted by EleMenT on 13 February 2004 - 09:11 PM in Homemades

He was trying to say parts, so leave it alone.  Everyone makes typos.

fanks jappo ebryone maycs mistakes

EleMenT

#18825 Sick Nades

Posted by EleMenT on 11 February 2004 - 11:48 PM in Homemades

hey hey hey!
gosh don't get all upiddy with me about it! i never actually intended to use them in a nerf battle, i was just bringing up the idea because i though it was kina cool. I didn't even come up with it it was on like this site about random stuff to fire out of a potato gun (all of the people were pyromaniacs)

#18808 Sick Nades

Posted by EleMenT on 11 February 2004 - 09:59 PM in Homemades

hey, i just found out that making smoke grenades for nerf mite not be so mard after all. All of the other ideas that i have seen use flour or something like that and i was wondering if there was a better way. Well there isn't :lol: jkjk. they way that i found uses chemicals. So the ideas is that you mix 6 parts sugar and 4 farts potassium nitrate KNO3 (also known as saltpeter) in a pan untill it melts (you may have to use some water but don't use much) then when it is all melted you put it into a tennis ball with a small hole cut in it (so that you can get it in :lol: ) and then shub a piece of wazed string or other wick into it. when the stuff dries you can light the wick and it should make some thick white (or maybe grey) smoke.

Note: i do not think these chemicals are dangerous, my science teacher said that
they were not but i have not proven it as a fact, so be careful.

I also have never actually tested these nades (my mom said that it would make somebody call the police), but i think that the chemicals react with fire in a way that will make smoke.

if you test this design for real, please e-mail me ( flapjackfreak24@clanmckinlay.com ) and tell me if you get them to work

EleMenT

P.S. i think that you can get potassium nitrate at most chemical supply stores or over the internet.

#17528 Avatar Help

Posted by EleMenT on 29 January 2004 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

hey i was just wondering if and if so how you can use your own pictures for you avatar? if you know how to do this please help

#17383 Scope

Posted by EleMenT on 28 January 2004 - 12:34 AM in Homemades

i think that there might be a lot of wonderment about how to get a good scope so i just had an idea. I used an old pair of binoculars and took off one of the lenses. then i put it inside some pve (lucky that it was a perfect fit) and wala! you have a scope. Hope that solves some wonderment

#16910 New Gun

Posted by EleMenT on 22 January 2004 - 10:32 PM in Homemades

here is a gun that i found over at nerfhq (not that i think they have a better site than we have) it was not made by me but it uses a lot of great ideas. Here just thought that you might want to see it

#16221 New Ideas

Posted by EleMenT on 11 January 2004 - 09:29 PM in Homemades

thanks forthe ideas people. i had like no time at all this weekend so i didn't work on it at all, but i mite find some time this week and next weekend. zero, it looks like you were thinking of the same ideas as me. I am planning on using one piece folded over, but i am told that bending metal accurately is hard, but im not sure. i also can't wait for pics of the pistol

#16099 New Ideas

Posted by EleMenT on 10 January 2004 - 03:15 AM in Homemades

i was just wondering if anybody before me had made a gun that uses an amo clip. I am working on and am almost done with my version of a semi-auto rifle. It uses the zero valve and various other components that allow for about 10 shots per clip. I am making my clips out of pieces of sheet metal that i soddered together. Does anybody know of anywhere that you can get boxes that are about the right shape? This would save me a lot of time and work. I would be glad to share my full design but it mite be kind of hard because i have no way of using computer generated pictures to show what i have done. Thats all for now.