younggunner's Content

There have been 22 items by younggunner (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120141 C.s.h.g.

Posted by younggunner on 17 August 2007 - 02:31 PM in Homemades

Yea i had it a little bit off sorry. I was going off what i learned from airsoft forums.

#120127 C.s.h.g.

Posted by younggunner on 17 August 2007 - 11:05 AM in Homemades

Moters have two major properties rpm and tourque. RPM is its rounds per minute(obviously). Tourque in this case is basically its ability to turn larger amounts of weight. So if the motor does not have enough tourque the RPMs will slow. But if the motor has enough tourque it will be able to continue at its origional rpms without slowing.

#120124 C.s.h.g.

Posted by younggunner on 17 August 2007 - 10:37 AM in Homemades

The inner point of the wheel is still spinning at the same rpm so no matter how large or small the wheel is made its rpm wont change.

#120123 Silencers

Posted by younggunner on 17 August 2007 - 10:32 AM in Homemades

if you did not have the holes in the bottle you could amplify the sound, but because you put holes in the bottle it merely disperses the pressurized gasses(air) before it leaves the barrell thus reducing the sound.

#117605 M3 "grease Gun

Posted by younggunner on 30 July 2007 - 09:24 AM in Homemades

Please Post Pics. What kind of ranges does it get?

#117421 Mag Spring Question

Posted by younggunner on 28 July 2007 - 10:39 AM in Homemades

yea, I agree I dont think the longshot spring will be strong enough since I will have brass shells plus stefans in the mag.

#117359 Mag Spring Question

Posted by younggunner on 27 July 2007 - 04:01 PM in Homemades

I know what both of you are talking about, I think I will try to acquire a couple of different types of springs and then build my mag and see what works. I decided to see what boltsniper used for his FAR mag and he used a coil spring(same thing as a constant pressure spring) that he "acquired" in the pharmacy aisle of a local store. The spring was used to move the boxes to the front when the next was taken. I think i will take a look at one of these to see if it would fit my needs.

#117312 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 27 July 2007 - 08:09 AM in Homemades

OK Thanks

#117288 Mag Spring Question

Posted by younggunner on 26 July 2007 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

OK so I just need to find one that fits in the Mag and is the right strength. I just go up to ace(or some other hardware store) im sure they will have something that will fit my needs.

#117286 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 26 July 2007 - 10:23 PM in Homemades

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed.

#117250 Mag Spring Question

Posted by younggunner on 26 July 2007 - 03:59 PM in Homemades

These are two pictures of a magazine I am using for a homemade Bolt Action Rifle rifle. The whiteish-clear peices are 1/8 ing plastic, and the other colored peices are brass. this magazine holds five 2.5 inch shells. The shells have an outer diameter of about 19/32 inches. I need a spring for this and am wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me. I know some peole have used coil springs in their magazines if that is what I should use where would I get one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117231 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 26 July 2007 - 12:36 PM in Homemades

I was looking to use this spring merely because it will fit my needs very well and multiple people have already used it succesfully. Why change something that is already proven to work well?

#117162 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 07:40 PM in Homemades

Thank you i will go off of that information for now unless someone sais it is different.

#117132 Solenoid Dart Gun?

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 04:08 PM in Homemades

I designed a gun an paper a while ago that used electro magnets to move the plunger. I never built it though and i dont plan to. It seemed like to mmuch effert when i could get the same result with a spring.

#117131 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 03:56 PM in Homemades

If anyone has one laying around and could measure it that would be great. I just need the diameter the extended length and the compressed length

#117122 List Of Homemade/modding Material Dimesions

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 03:03 PM in Homemades

I put this together for my use in making homemades and decided to post it.Thi only hard part was finding the dimensions of the fittings and valves(which are the PDF Files in the Middle).

Let me know if there are any other modding or homemade materials you would like added.

I can't seem to find a list of dimensions for brass so if anyone knows where there is one let me know.

#117117 Ar Spring

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 02:39 PM in Homemades

I know that boltsniper and many other people have used AR springs in their homemades and i was wondering if anyone can give me the dimensions(length extended, length compressed, diamert or radius) of the AR spring.

#117116 List Of Homemade/modding Material Dimesions

Posted by younggunner on 25 July 2007 - 02:33 PM in Homemades

Here is my list of PVC pipe dimensions.

I take no responsibility for the acuracy of any of the info in this thread

Shcedule 40 80 PVC and CPVC Dimensions
Posted Image

Thinwall PVC Dimenions Dimensions
Posted Image

Shcedule 40 PVC Fitting Dimensions
http://www.spearsmfg...07_0507_web.pdf

Shcedule 80 PVC Fitting Dimensions
http://www.spearsmfg...07_0407_web.pdf

PVC Insert Fittings
http://www.spearsmfg...4-0805_0805.pdf

CPVC Fitting Dimensions
http://www.spearsmfg...07_0707_web.pdf

Valve Dimensions
http://www.spearsmfg...omplete_web.pdf

PVC PSI Ratings
Posted Image

Copper Pipe Dimensions
Posted Image

Copper Pipe PSI Ratings
Posted Image

O-Ring Dimensions
Posted Image

#110084 Free Websites

Posted by younggunner on 08 June 2007 - 03:08 PM in Off Topic

I am looking at different options for webhosts nerfmonkey at NHQ gave me this I think I will try it out and tell you guys what I think. http://www.webng.com/

#110034 Free Websites

Posted by younggunner on 08 June 2007 - 10:38 AM in Off Topic

I was basically wondering if there is anything free and easy to use besides freewebs because i keep getting this ad for 18+ sites popping up and freewebs wont respond to my emails(it sais they will respond within 4 buisness hours and the refuse to respond).

I am currently working on learning html coding and everything else i will need to know to make my own site.

#110022 Free Websites

Posted by younggunner on 08 June 2007 - 08:49 AM in Off Topic

I know many of you have used different free website hosts in the creation of your nerf websites.

I was just wondering what you guys think is in your opinion the best free host.

#102699 The Great Debate

Posted by younggunner on 27 April 2007 - 11:01 PM in Homemades

My personal opinion on shells is that they can make a great gun better and a crappy gun worse.

Examples, Boltsnipers guns versus Buzzbee guns

Imagine Boltsnipers guns without shells, they are still great guns but shells make them better, and Buzzbee guns just plain suck

So basically what I am trying to say is that whether or not you use shells depends on the quality of the gun and the time and effort you want to put into the gun to make it work