Mantis's Content

There have been 512 items by Mantis (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#337809 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Mantis on 28 March 2014 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make the war, but would anyone be able to get some high-quality footage and maybe some interviews with famous nerfers? I am planning on making an episode on the channel dedicated to Apoc 2014 since it is hard to find good Apoc footage. Thanks guys.

If there is any of the good ol' days footage it would be practically unwatchable. Our site used to be on the archive.org wayback machine but I can't get to it anymore.

#319878 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Mantis on 04 August 2012 - 08:15 AM in Nerf Wars

You guys are having this war about 6 miles from my house, expect me to show up at an unexpected point throughout the day

#278301 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Mantis on 22 June 2010 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in for sure

#242327 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Mantis on 16 July 2009 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy fucking monkeyballs. I remember when 30 or so people was a ton, I think I'm gonna come to see how this thing turns out.

#224384 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Mantis on 19 April 2009 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

What the hell is a pistol splat?

#191882 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Mantis on 25 November 2008 - 02:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Scratch me off the list, that's what happens when you put in to get the wrong day off.

#191157 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Mantis on 21 November 2008 - 07:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Evening gentlemen. I'm going to be in TR for the break, and there's a solid chance that means I'll be at the war. When the hell did Phil pop his head back up? Last time I saw him was at the good old firehaus where he mysteriously appeared.

Either way, look forward to seeing me.

Love,
Byrnes

#152115 Njno - April 20th

Posted by Mantis on 19 April 2008 - 11:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Gentlemen,
I found myself having some spare time on this holiday, and stumbled back on my favorite nerf website.

If it is cool with the powers that be, I may come, accompanied by a few brave lads.

Don't count on us, but if we do make it, I'd appreciate the class of the NJ nerfing crew to show itself.

-LCM member #1

#119949 Scenario Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 16 August 2007 - 07:12 AM in Nerf Wars

skirmish's I.O.N. game this summer attracted almost 4500 players from all over the world,

Let's see if we can load marbles into our nerf guns, then it would exactly like skirmish!

#118138 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 03 August 2007 - 08:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna refer you guys (mostly the young'ins who aren't wise in the ways of water) to here for some info about how badly dehydrated you're gonna be tomorrow.

Luckily, I've made darts that actually inject water into the person they hit, so I'll be making sure everybody stays well hydrated.

#117981 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 02 August 2007 - 07:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Guys, GUYS! I know this whole choosing what battles you're in sounds tricky, and it is, I mean 3 whole options to pick from??
I can just imagine it now.

Paul: Ok, in the upcoming round you can either do a round with Primaries or a Multi-Team Battle. For the primaries, you can either play in the Resurrection Forest or the Grove. Those who wanna do the Grove, over here, otherwise over there. Anyone who wants to do a Multi-team battle, go over there.

HOLY SHIT!

This is gonna be ridiculous guys, better bring your thinking caps.

#117854 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 01 August 2007 - 07:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Should be a good war, I look forward to having 59 other people to aim at.

#117308 311/matisyahu Concert 7/26 Tonight

Posted by Mantis on 27 July 2007 - 07:10 AM in Off Topic

I was there, and although 311 kicks ass, and Matisyahu was good, and the English Beat was good for what I saw of them, 311 had a ridiculously short set. Whereas they usually play about 23 songs, we estimated that show at 12-15. Still a good time though.

#117001 Gears Of War Tournaments

Posted by Mantis on 24 July 2007 - 03:05 PM in Off Topic

I'm inclined to guess that your best bet would be checking for any LAN places around you, as I can't imagine many other joints would host a video game tournament.

You could always hold one.

#116288 Bcno Review

Posted by Mantis on 18 July 2007 - 07:24 AM in Nerf Wars

and who is mantis?

I'm the one responsible for that thing called the LCM (that was a household name before NerfHaven let 6000 members in). And without me and The Shindig laying the foundation of the clan, Evil Angel might have always considered it gay and stuck with paintball. Not to forget about how we roped Howard in, NHQ might never have been the same if it weren't for HowieLand.

A "thank you" is in order I believe. ;)

#116165 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 17 July 2007 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't you read the sign? NO CANADIANS! (Except Stefan)

#116164 Bcno Review

Posted by Mantis on 17 July 2007 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

As much as I like (like) Hersh, I'm gonna have to sit that one out as well.

The world of college is calling yet again, and that's one spicy meatball.

#116154 Bcno Review

Posted by Mantis on 17 July 2007 - 12:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Not at all. Next and last war I'll be at for the summer will be Apoc.

#116114 Bcno Review

Posted by Mantis on 17 July 2007 - 07:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Good war everyone. New guys, keep it up. The "Vets" aren't some unhittable nerfing godlike machines.............except Vacc. You have got to learn to stand your ground. If I;m running at 3 of you with one gun, there's no way I can take you all out. There's no need to run the other direction. Other than that, you have a solid set of skills.

HEY! HEY! I'll thank you to NOT reveal our weaknesses.

#115533 Nj Nerf War (bcno)

Posted by Mantis on 12 July 2007 - 07:10 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll probably bring some stefans and alot of stock micros.
This is my first nerf war, so should I label stuff or what?

You should always mark your darts, because if they kick ass, everyone will applaud you, and if they suck, everyone can yell at you.
The more ridiculous the markings, the better. Examples in the past have been sparkly hot glue, or sharpie smilie faces on the glue.

#115420 How Not To Be A Noob.

Posted by Mantis on 11 July 2007 - 08:23 AM in General Nerf

Although I'm pretty new to the forums myself, I am tired of all the dumb asses that come here and make fools of themselves. I can only image what it is like for the older members.

This will serve as a guide on how not to be a noob.

2) Do not Start Go ahead and use that punctuation you talk about at number 3 here, because Start does not get a big S useless topics. . (self explanatory)
3) Grammar and Punctuation Sorta like the above, but this time its more ironic are your friends. I don't care what you do, re-read. Even copy and paste it into word and spell check it.
4) Do not ask how to mod a gun, search for it. Search the Forums, then NHQ, then google. If you still cannot find it then ask.(You can also use the Mod Directorty LINK: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=7150)
5) Do not mention that you searched and found nothing, it will never help your cause. Way to contradict number 4. Not only does it let everyone know that you DID use the search button, but putting this in your post adds about a sentence to the whole thread.
9) MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT PISS OFF THE ADMINS. They devote their time, which could most likely be better spent than banning morons.(but at the same time don't be a kiss ass. You missed that ) here
10) Spell things correctly in arguments, or you just sound like a complete moron.
11) If you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.This period placement is the worst thing I've seen except when one shows up on a cruise DON'T open your god-damned mouth.

That is all for now, More Class, here we see what's called a comma, which is not followed by a capitalized word unless that word is a proper noun. to be added later.

Class Dismissed.

~l337

Alright, lemme break this down for you. I'm gonna forget about how shitty this list actually looks, and the fact that you put the most important item at number 9. Rather, I decided to highlight your weak features, ones where you provided instruction for improvement.

So, after some people actually comment on your thread, you call out Zaphod, but not Cennipe. Zaphod contended that bullshit is useful, which you'll hopefully learn someday, whereas Cennipe posted a more or less "That's cool" post. I'd side with Zaphod on this one, since Pineapple said in his last State of the Forums Address "That's cool" posts are to be looked down upon.

Get your fucking head out of your ass and into the game.

#115253 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by Mantis on 10 July 2007 - 09:56 AM in Off Topic

Penis

#115247 Hershfest

Posted by Mantis on 10 July 2007 - 07:07 AM in Nerf Wars

That's gonna be cutting it close for me, as I might already be back at school, and if I'm not I might be getting ready to go back. I'll let you know when I know.

#114494 Nj Nerf War (bcno)

Posted by Mantis on 05 July 2007 - 07:59 AM in Nerf Wars

The 14th wouldn't work for myself, Howard, and The Shindig, and we'll all still be dead on the 15th.

#113720 Mass War '07

Posted by Mantis on 29 June 2007 - 01:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Good job finding an awesome field, from the pictures it looks ideal. Hope things goes well with the war.

#113674 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 29 June 2007 - 09:50 AM in Nerf Wars

If I can offer advice to anyone, remember that once you start feeling dehydrated (spelling?) tomorrow, it won't just get better by chugging some water - drink plenty of it today.

PS: Have a good trip up Groove

#113669 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 29 June 2007 - 08:40 AM in Nerf Wars

The suggestion box has been closed unless you're Hersh, who can be teleconferenced into the diner we'll be planning this at.
We are not the Horsemen. They have planned Deal wars down to when people get to take a piss, and that works great for them, but that is not feasible for Apoc. How can we make rosters when people tell us they're bringing between 8 and 20 people? Having no idea about how 1337 kids are also presents quite an issue in making teams ahead of time.

We'll let you guys know.

#113661 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 29 June 2007 - 07:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Invitation only would certainly make me feel special, I don't know everybody else. Rest assured though, I can't remember having a strong dislike for anyone in particular (except for that Rambo guy :( ) so I'll be fighting to make sure everyone who wants to come to this history-making war gets an invite if it comes to it.

We'll get together over the weekend sometime (oh yeah, Deal is tomorrow) and let you clowns know whats going.

#113547 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 03:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Considering I get off at 105 to see the girlfriend a few times a week, I can vouch for you having to bear left to get on 36 east, unless there's a super secret shortcut I don't know about.

#113526 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 01:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Let's keep the suggestions to an absolute minimum, that means don't offer up any ideas unless they're good. An example of something to not suggest would be what Dark Shrimp just said. As much as I enjoy a good FFA, its a terrible idea.

#113471 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 10:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I got a maverick before the last war and messed up the mod, or that is to say, got lazy and didn't finish it. As far as I can tell, every part is still with it, so if anyone with the time/energy to mod it wants to take it, its yours. Hersh gets first dibs since he always lets me use his shizzle at the wars.

#113452 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 08:28 AM in Nerf Wars

This is looking to be a clusterfuck of massive proportions. The LCM is gonna have to have a meeting (we'll leave Evil out since he can make decisions on his own) and decide how we're gonna handle all you fuckers.

#113451 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 08:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, I gotta give it to you guys, this sounds like its gonna be a hell of a time. And tailbone, get used to it, those two have been getting the LCM excited since we were young boys.

#113123 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 26 June 2007 - 10:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Warpig (in case you dropped by to read this),
You have just doomed humanity. I went out on a limb for someone who doesn't even know how to properly make up an excuse to get out of something (see: Famine's post) and this is what I get. I will never be nice to anyone I don't know ever again thanks to you. From this moment on, I shall never "pay it forward" again.

Thank you,
Heartbroken in Toms River

#113121 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 26 June 2007 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Not only were you in the LGLF, but you are ALSO a quitter?! What the hell are we gonna do with this guy.

#112999 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

When we all find out that the person who passed away was a key player in this young man's life, and that is the reason he won't be able to find time for a nerf war, we're all gonna feel like complete douche bags.

#112992 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

You people...saying what the rest of us were thinking.

#112977 Any Advice?

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

I'm liking what a lot of you guys are saying. It seems like so many people come on the forums and post asking if people in their area are having wars, which is so ass backwards. The days when your buddies stage a raid on your house to get you back for shooting them when they walked in the other day were hilarious.

#112966 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I thought being a clan = being good :P.

Nah, look at the LGLF.

#112965 Article: Slow The Fuck Down Already

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 09:25 AM in General Nerf

But hey, at least I have been to a Nerf war and want and plan to go to others.

That made me giggle. Does that imply that a lot of people don't actually play with their fancy new modified toys these days? That's a genuine question.