Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#140772 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2008 - 11:32 AM in Off Topic

Because I'm a HUGE fan of the Ninja Turtle series. Oroku Saki is the given name of one of my favorite comic-book villians, Shredder.

#64626 Cars

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 September 2005 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

My ultimate dream car is a dark blue Lamborghini Diablo, but the dream car that I will eventually be able to afford within the next few years would be a DeLorean.

#62117 Homemade Projector

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 August 2005 - 10:35 AM in Off Topic

That's a pretty cool project. One of my friends built a projector a while back, and he used it to play Halo 2 on a huge white wall in his backyard. Pretty kickass stuff....

#60023 Nerf Dart Tag!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 July 2005 - 11:50 PM in General Nerf

I know it's been awhile since I last posted. My comp shitted out on me and I have been without the internet for the past few months.

It's cool that they finally came out with some new guns. As soon as I see a Firefly, I'm gonna buy it right away. For those of you that already have one, how is it?

#48536 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 March 2005 - 11:42 PM in Homemades

**drops down on the ground, bowing**

All hail the mighty boltsniper!!

You never fail to amaze us with your kickass homemades. This latest project is just beautiful! Great work!

#48341 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 March 2005 - 02:42 AM in Off Topic

Actually, the quote in my sig was from Airplane, another funny movie I forgot to mention.

#48262 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 February 2005 - 03:13 PM in Off Topic

I don't go out to the theatres as much as I used to, but I still rent stuff every so often. Here are some of my absolute favorites:

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. Back to the Future Trilogy
3. The Matrix (The first one, of course. I thought the sequels were shit.)
4. Bulletproof Monk
5. Original Star Wars Trilogy (none of that butchered Special Edition crap)
6. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
7. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
8. Shaun of the Dead
9. Anchorman

#47776 Paris Hilton's Address Book

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 February 2005 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

Talio's edit:

A. Don't post crap about Paris Hilton, nobody gives a fuck.

Agreed. I have wondered for quite some time why that bitch is famous in the first place. She's not that hot anyway, and the only thing she is "famous" for is her sex video. Who cares? Over time, I believe that she will be most likely be remembered as nothing more than a skid mark on the underwear of modern culture.

Maybe this mobile phone hacking is a first step in the demise of our douchebag pop culture. All it takes is a few bored hackers with some time on their hands....

#47453 Park Regulations

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would first go with CX's suggestion to check with the park offices.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cops showing up at the park. Just calmly explain what you are doing, and they will usually leave you alone. As long as you aren't bothering any of the other people in the park, the cops can't really do anything anyways.

My friends and I sometimes fight with foam weapons at one of our local schools in the middle of the night, and we have had the cops come there a few times to make sure that we aren't doing anything destructive, but they leave us alone after checking on us.

#47450 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

Personally, I don't mind that Nerf is a cult hobby.

Me neither. Nerfing is unique for many reasons prevously discussed, but one of my favorite reasons is its obscurity. I am not usually into mainstream sports that much, so I enjoy some of the more lesser-known pastimes, such as Nerfing. I hate comformity, and I have the weird hobbies to back it up.

#47447 I Love Gw!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

I support the legalization and regulation of controlled substances, mainly because of the fact that I feel that the drug war is a huge waste of money that could be put into more efficient programs, such as treatment for drug abusers (similar to the things done after alcohol prohibition was repealed). The other reason why I support it is because I believe that whatever consenting adults do behind closed doors is their fucking business, and the government should not tell people what they can and cannot do as long as it does not directly harm others. Besides, government regulation can easily reduce the amount of use of regulated items by minors (carding them). Look at how alcohol and tobacco are regulated. Also with regulation, the government can raise tax money to fund treatment programs for drug abusers, as well as other programs to help our society, not to mention kill a huge amount of the black market and organized crime.

I feel that each generation is getting more and more understanding of consentual activities, and over time, these stupid consensual crimes that people are being arrested for will be nothing more than a memory in the history books. Europe seems to be further ahead of us in that respect (we have more prison inmates incarcarated for drug offenses than Europe's entire prison population), and hopefully our officials will start to get the hint soon.

#47414 I Love Gw!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

It's not just the president that's causing problems. It's also Congress that's letting him get away with it. Wait until 2006, and hopefully we can have some more partisan balance in Congress.

I find it kind of funny to see that some of the Republicans in office are even starting to realize that some of Bush's decisions are lame. I just hope it won't be too late for them to realize it.

I could sit here all day arguing about political issues, but I will only do that if I feel it is necessary.

Looking at current demographics, I have a feeling that many of the more conservative views will start to die off over the next 20-30 years. During this time period, more younger people will start to take office, replacing the middle-aged rich white guys that are currently running our government. I am sure that many members of the younger generations do not give as much of a shit about certain issues that are such a big deal today.

Additionally, at the rate of our government spending, the US will get to a point where it will have no choice but to either make huge budget cuts, causing other problems, or they will simply go under. I have already read that Bush's 2005 budget is proposing a drastic cut in the Drug War funding, which is another noun-based war that I feel is unfortunately futile no matter how much money is poured into it.

Does anyone know the possible consequences of the government not being able to pay off the deficit?

#46983 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 February 2005 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

Don't blame people for being overly sensitive, a relatively small minority of people has always been overly sensitive. Blame the media relations people and the journalists who cater to them. If the stories of outrage never got printed and the corporations never bothered acknowledging the vocal minority, none of this would even be an issue.

I see it as a combination of the two, however it is more the media's fault. My main gripe is the fact that people have a tendancy to overreact to such trivial things. It's true that controversy does indeed drive up ratings in media, hence why the little rare taboos we see become such a big deal in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder if society as a whole is evolving in a more advanced manner in thinking, or perhaps the opposite?

Wait a sec, is that the EGM Seanbaby?

Yep. He writes on his own site, for the Wave, and for EGM, which is another great gaming mag I subscribe to and religiously read.

#46941 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

That was some good stuff. Somehow, I really didn't see it coming.

These are the kinds of advertisements that should be on TV... as offensive as possible. People are too sensitive and need to have things like this shoved in thier cute little politically correct faces every now and again.

But, that's just me.

Agreed. I think society needs to stop pussy-footing around on such trivial things and just get to the fucking point. Things are only offensive if you view them as such.

Speaking of over-sensitivity, I would like to share a kickass article from one of my favorite writers, Seanbaby:

http://www.thewavema...articleid=25152

#46903 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 12:00 AM in Off Topic

It's crazy some of the shit that circulates the internet. I have heard about this video, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it until now.

#46665 Happy 2nd Birthday Mraow

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 January 2005 - 10:14 PM in Off Topic

Or to put it in more elaborate terms, he acted like a dipshit, and then claimed that it was his brother who signed on to his computer and did the postings.

#46664 College!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 January 2005 - 10:11 PM in Off Topic

You guys suck- 8 inches of snow overnight, and the Elmbrook School District did NOT cancel school.

~ompa

Let's hear it for the shitty Wisconsin weather! My water pump froze up two weeks ago, and I needed to get it replaced thanks to the -20 below windchill. It's not so bad outside now, but winter can be a real bitch with the windchill.

You people in the warmer climates should be grateful you can actually go outside without having to wear at least 3 layers of clothing.

Fuse, when do you plan to go to Full Sail? My current plan is within the next 2 years.

#46549 Happy B-day Vintage!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 January 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

A belated happy Birthday; I'd sing you the VACC song but I forgot it and I'm too lazy to look it up.

~ompa

The VACC song? How come I didn't hear about this? The things I miss on the forums when I'm away every so often........

#46517 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 January 2005 - 01:49 AM in Off Topic

Here we go:

Regis Philbin
Dick Clark
Jerry Falwell
D. James Kennedy
Steven Hawking
Steve Irwin
Ashlee Simpson
Carrot Top
Jack Valenti
Dick Cheney

#46464 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 January 2005 - 01:05 PM in Off Topic

Hey, this reminds me of the deathpool Ryan Perry has on his Gorillamask site. He put in a few good rules to make the game more balanced: http://gorillamask.n...ve/000176.shtml
I don't think it would be fair if someone just picked a bunch of guys on death row.

Give me some time, and I'll give you my deathpool picks when I get around to it.

BTW, Chrysophylax, I like your sig. I remember when that was originally posted. One of the funniest things I ever read on these forums.

#46458 Happy B-day Vintage!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 January 2005 - 11:05 AM in Off Topic

Happy b-day, Vintage! Hope you have fun.

#46250 Maverick Locations

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 January 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

I found a couple at my local Wal Mart today in Rhinelander, WI. Maybe I'll pick them up later tonight...

#44724 Oops

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 December 2004 - 11:46 PM in Off Topic

Now tell me: how many times has this situation happened in the last few months? I lost count after the second one.

#44690 Oops

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 December 2004 - 06:53 PM in Off Topic

Isn't keeping your passwords safe one of the most important things to do in using a computer? Seriously, all you need to do is log off when you are not on the site. Regardless of whether the sister story is true or not, it's still your fault for leaving your computer while logged in.

I'm calling douchebaggery on this one. Apologize, move on, and make damn sure no one else can log in with your account from now on.

#44577 Wooden Darts

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 December 2004 - 11:01 PM in Homemades

That's pretty creative. They might sting a little if you get hit by them, though. I would be interested in hearing about the accuracy and ranges you could get with these darts.

#44225 Nirvana

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 December 2004 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

or even worse, how about Devo

I said a-whip it! Whip it good!

Funny, because I actually like a lot of 80's music (listening to A-ha's "Take on Me" as I write this post). My main genres of current listening consists mainly of Techno, video game music, and a little metal and alternative (Metallica, Manson, etc.)

When it comes to the best band, it's mainly the preference of the individual. The problem with some people's favorite bands is that many of them are only known for only one or two songs. *cough* (insert current overmarketed band here) *cough*

Nirvana was pretty good, and are definitely worth listening to. Just don't over-worship them, mmmkay?

So they blended "generes"?

Shit and loud?

Agreed. I am sick of listening to Linkin Park. They were okay at first, but they wore out their welcome in my book. Who the fuck would put out an album, and then re-release another album that is pretty much the same (except for remixes)? Obviously someone who is more cought up in money instead of art.

And don't get me started on Nickelback. Just listen to "How You Remind Me", and then play "Someday", and you get the same fucking melody. I can't wait until the mainstream music industry kill themselves from releasing shit music, so that people who care more about art instead of money can take over for once.

#44178 College!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 December 2004 - 07:34 PM in Off Topic

College can be fun, as long as you go into something you truly enjoy. In my personal experience, it was okay, but I got bored with it really fast because I found that my degree was something I wouldn't enjoy anyway. After I fix up my house and sell it, I think I might hightail it to Florida and go to Full Sail. Over there, they teach really good game development, which is something that I really find fun to work with having already devoted a majority of my life to video, card, and board games.

#44177 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 December 2004 - 07:30 PM in Off Topic

When it comes to the PSP, I would recommend waiting until they come out with a better battery for it. With all this high-end stuff for it, I don't like the 6 hour battery life. I wonder how long it will go while using the WI-FI connection?

#44101 Just A Suggestion...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 December 2004 - 06:02 PM in Site Feedback

Cx is right. Most of us don't really give a shit about how well a gun performs out of the box, however we do care about the potential a gun can do after some modding. Even with modded gun reviews, they could be biased due to the fact that no two modded guns are exactly the same.

#43955 Nirvana

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 December 2004 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

Nirvana was pretty good in their day. I still listen to them once in a while.

Too bad that many other watered-down bands have taken over mainstream music. Makes me want to never forget the good times of MTV during the early to mid 90's.

#43665 Final Fantasy Vii Fans

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 December 2004 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

Eh, Hanwei practicals cost about $130 at Lorengraves. It's not like I'm going to need a sword of any higher quality anyways; 1060 tempered steel is enough to cut through brush.

I like the Buster sword, but the sheer weight of the blade on that tiny handle kinda creeps me out.

~ompa

$130? Damn, that's a bargain for a practical sword. At that price, I might consider buying a battle-ready sword before I get another gun.

#43662 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 December 2004 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

Holy crap. This kind of thing should be illegal (wait it is illegal). Maybe what I ment was it should be indirectly illigal. Why the fuck are guns legal. I mean guns are cool and all but they should only be used for target practice, cops and hunting. I don't want the world leaders to get crazy go nuts and make all types of guns illegal like airsoft, paintball and nerf but just the fire-arms. I feel sorry for Dimebag, and his brother, the band, the fans, the metal listeners, and anybody who sympithises with them.

No matter what gun control is imposed, it is still not going to stop psychos from shooting people. The best way to prevent something like this from happening is to impose better security.

That's really sad to hear about this happening. Pantera was a great band, and a great counter to the trendy manufactured pop bullshit they usually play on the radio. Dimebag Darrell will be missed. May he rest in peace.

#43659 Final Fantasy Vii Fans

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 December 2004 - 07:51 PM in Off Topic

I think I just creamed myself over those swords.

It's fucking sweet that they finally came out with them! Now to find out about how get the money to buy a Buster Sword, and possibly the Masamune as well.

As for a practical weapon, I think I'll stick to a decent semi auto rifle, like a semi auto AK-47, or a Ruger Mini 14, once I get the money. They both cost about as much as a high-quality battle-ready sword anyways. (I don't mean to insult the almighty sword, it's just that I have different priorities in collecting weapons)

#43546 Target

Posted by Oroku Saki on 08 December 2004 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

On Fark a while back, I found the link for an "Anal Massage" on the Target website. Heh heh.

I really want to know what an "anal massage" entails.

There has been some speculation and hilarious discussion about that on the Fark threads as well.

http://forums.fark.c...?IDLink=1224201

#43441 Target

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 December 2004 - 01:11 PM in Off Topic

On Fark a while back, I found the link for an "Anal Massage" on the Target website. Heh heh.

#43425 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 December 2004 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

No matter how powerful you mod your guns, you will never have dead-on accuracy with a Nerf gun. This is why it is pointless to use a scope.

That's because the darts aren't accurate, not the gun. Power has nothing to do with accurasy in most cases.

I meant improving accuracy through modding. Given a gun using Brass or PVC pipe, with all the pressure mods, breech loading, etc, as well as using well made stefans, you may improve the accuracy, but not enough to effectively use a scope. I'm sorry that my last post was a little obscure.

I'll just shut up for now on my scientific theory, and just go with my force theory of aiming.

#43415 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 December 2004 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

No matter how powerful you mod your guns, you will never have dead-on accuracy with a Nerf gun. This is why it is pointless to use a scope.

I simply get a feel for the firing of the particular gun, and just go from there. In my expreience, sights don't seem to do much good either. Use the force. It is your best friend.

#42943 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 November 2004 - 10:35 PM in Off Topic

Hendrix is da man!

A few years ago, when I was in High School, one of the students did a Hendrix-esque rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner for an awards ceremony, and it was fuckin sweet!

Maybe I might try finding that video of Hendrix at Woodstock.

#42821 Look What I Won...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 November 2004 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

For those of you who are having trouble finding Nerf stuff on eBay, try the filters posted on this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...p?showtopic=748

#42573 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 November 2004 - 10:40 AM in Off Topic

Being the usual cheap bastard looking for functionality and modding potential in game systems, I think I'm just going to wait a while for the prices to go down, and more games become available. Despite the cheesy stylus for the DS, I am still leaning towards it when it comes to next-gen handhelds. I heard they may come out with a Civilization game for the DS, and the new Advance Wars game looks like it may be pretty good. Until I see some better kickass games for the DS or PSP, neither company is getting my money that I should be using to pay bills.

I have both the PS2 and Xbox. I think both have some pretty good games, but I like my Xbox better because of the wonderful piece of hardware called a modchip. With emulators on the Xbox, you can actually make use of the hard drive space. Too bad I can't go on Xbox Live with it, though. At least there's always XB Connect.

I have an NES-style GBA SP, and I do not regret plunking down 100 bucks for it at the time. With the kickass games for the Advance, Nintendo really gives you your money's worth when it comes to handhelds. I'm pretty excited about what they will come out with next.