VeggieBoy 3000's Content

There have been 156 items by VeggieBoy 3000 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91977 Fall Dcno?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 15 October 2006 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Yo guys, great war.

i had a lot of fun and so did my boys mark and trey. It was a great way for them to be introduced to nerf, with such a cool group of guys.p

We got some good pictures im sure... i really wanna see em.

#91720 Fall Dcno?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 October 2006 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

As of right now I'm gonna be there as long as I don't have football practice (i shouldnt have it but you never know)

Is anybody gonna be passing through annapolis on the way out? Just in case my ride falls through it would be nice to have a backup plan... pm me.

#91495 I'm Pissed

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 08 October 2006 - 12:16 AM in Off Topic

Don't call your dad a retard. He's your father, for goodness sake. You owe him a little more respect than that.

EDIT: this is directed at substance abuse, obviously, and any other bitching little kids whose posts i didnt read.

#91483 The Navy Is Christening A New Carrier

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 07 October 2006 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Last year one of the guys who was in charge of designing the next carrier series came and talked in my government class. They are gonna be pretty sweet, even crazier than the nimitz. Carriers are like one of the biggest parts of the Navy, so they definitely aren't going anywhere.

#90788 Fall Dcno?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 29 September 2006 - 06:44 AM in Nerf Wars

All right fellas, I don't want to make any promises, but I'm probably gonna make it out to this one. I should have a ride, but just in case is anyone passing by annapolis on their way out there?

I'll probably bring at least 2 or 3 other mids as long as thats cool. I dont have any of my guns up here and none of them would have any either, so we may need some of those too.

Hope to see you guys out there!

#90524 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 26 September 2006 - 01:02 PM in Nerf Wars

TheVeg?

There can only be one.

#83433 Kaf06-01, In Michigan...

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 18 June 2006 - 10:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah so I'm eagerly awaiting your guys's posting of the super sweet pics/video from this war. Until then, I must say that next time all you other random dudes from michigan who dont show up to wars, or any dudes from teh whole midwest for that matter, had better show when we have the next one of these. I'll tell you right now that that place was the absolute perfect location, with big open fields, tall grass, hills that make perfect forts/bunkers, movable barricades, and of course totally sweet urban scenarios running around in between those rows of busses at night.

The buses added a whole new level of strategery, as some might say. They could be used as cover, hiding places, ambush points, but the best was when we started duking it out inside the buses themselves. When I saw norm head into the front of a bus to use as a hiding spot, and subsequently jumped in the back through the emergency exit door, and started trading shots with the guy while ducking behind seats.... yeah that was pretty awesome. Or when I was actually surrounded while in a bus, with guys just waiting to fill me with stefans as soon as I opened a door, so I just sneakily poked my bbb out a window and totally smoked josh before he even knew what hit him. Then there was the whole situation of jim trying to steal the flag and log roll under all the buses back to the base.

By the way, Cammis and face paint do wonders for sneaking around the woods at night. You can blend right into those shadows.

Another cool part of the war: I had zero time to do gun prep, so I ended up fighting 90% of the time with an almost stock dart tag (restrictors were removed but that was all) that shot between 40 and 50 feet depending on the darts. And yeah I couldn't outgun most people in a traditional sense. But you did not want to miss your first shot, and have me chasing you from behind while you reloaded. Having the rapid-fire gun broke a lot of stnd offs and allowed for a lot of run-and-gun action that is lost a lot in wars where people all have longer range, longer reload guns

FH and General, It was really sweet to get to hang with you guys (and your dads) General you better keep nerf growing out there on the west side of our great state, because you best believe 3m's gonna be out there to smoke you guys as often as we can.

GREAT war, with many more to come.

#79962 What Is Your Favorite Mod?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 14 April 2006 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

My favorite mod of all time is the hopper+full auto mod for the ripsaw with a 3 liter pop bottle.

Highest rof of any ever, with no priming time.

Just imagine 35 balls with a 45 foot range in 3 seconds... dodge that!

#79961 Barrel Length

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 14 April 2006 - 05:51 PM in General Nerf

I normally look into my big bin of assorted nerf crap, and see if what kind of barrels i have lying around. If the gun is a 'long range' gun I normally find one that looks a bit longer. If its a smaller spring pistol I'll look for a smaller barrel.

Truth be told, I dont think that finding the exact best length is worth the time, whether it is spent testing or figuring equations. Just use intuition and go with what looks best. The extra 5 feet of range isn't gonna make much difference, trust me.

Once you've been doing it for long enough you really can just eyeball what's gonna be best for your particular mod.

#79528 Buzz Bee New Guns!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 April 2006 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

I don't know why so many people are specualting that the tommy 20 is going to have crappy range, and be super noisy. Are you guys all assuming that it will fire with spinning wheels, because if you look at the picture than it definitely does not look like that. Plus I couldn't see spinning wheels being used with standard micros. I'm guessing that the battery power re-cocks a plunger with each shot, in which case that thing will be totally sweet. Another theory could be that the battery power runs a pump that perssurizes an air chamber similar to an rf20. That would produce some pretty good range too. Plus its not like powerclips or rf20's are quiet, so im not worried about noise being a comparable problem.

#79474 Kaf06-01, In Michigan...

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 April 2006 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be with hawkeye and the 3M, and yeah I'm game for anytime in june really up until the 16th. So pretty much whenever hawkeye just said.

#78839 College, Etc.

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 05 April 2006 - 06:24 AM in Off Topic

Most importantly, it's about a 30/70 ratio of guys to girls. ;)

I hate you... how about 85% dudes/15% girls...

#78773 College, Etc.

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 04 April 2006 - 07:13 PM in Off Topic

Wow, all these musical types hangin out in here... i whistled a song once and the world almost ended.

Yeah this summer I'm gonna be sailing around on the east coast learning about navigation and such for about 2 weeks at the end of may. Then I will be on naval cruise on some big old warship for the month of July. I requested to be stationed out of San Diego, so I just may be able to find some of you SoCal guys for a little war when we're in port? Besides Those things I get a few weeks at home, then I'm back to Navy again for next year, I'll start getting more into my major, Ocean Engineering- should be pretty cool. I'll also be playin ball again and hopefully wrestling too if I can pull it off.

Good luck to all of you that are looking for colleges, applying to colleges, or choosing colleges. That's a tough job, and a pretty big decision, but dont get too hung up on it, the right choice will come to you eventually. Keep your options open as long as possible, ya know.

#78277 Rejected!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 01 April 2006 - 07:27 AM in Off Topic

Since everyone's on the topic of Cornell, here's a fun fact: Cornell has the highest suicide rate out of any school in the country.

Interesting, no? But the reason behind it is not that it's that much harder, it is the same as any other ivy league college difficulty-wise. But there are all kinds of beautiful gorges and crevasses in ithaca which are great for sightseeing and hiking along, but also grat for jumping off! So its simply a matter of convenience.

#78230 Rejected!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 31 March 2006 - 01:45 PM in Off Topic

Then I received the Ivy Bitchslap when I was shot down by Cornell

Ha, I got waitlisted by cornell last year too... those bitches. I didn't even bother filling out the wait-list application though because I was already into ND and Navy... oh well.

#78163 Rejected!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 30 March 2006 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

You totally are gonna go to school 45 minutes from me!

TIGHT!

And congrats too, Johns Hopkins is a freakin legit college. Now that you have nothing to worry about, have fun slacking off the rest of senior year! Seriously, don't feel bad about not doing any work either, you've earned it. Working hard for 11 3/4 years to get into college is totally worth the 1/4 year of partying your senior year!

#78140 Who Are You?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 30 March 2006 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

Since we're on the topic of "Who are you?"

I'm the Juggernaut bitch!!

#77990 Kaf06-01, In Michigan...

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 28 March 2006 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be at home on leave from June 12-16ish, but I have no Idea if I'll be able to actually drive 3 hours to make it, so don't plan around me. However I would make an effort to get there provided I am at home for that time.

#74971 Who Are You?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 March 2006 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Piney, I love you.

...and oh yeah, you missed another category: "The Badass." I don't think it really needs too much explaining, but You, me, Talio, and VACC are the only members.

And also "The Girl," which belongs solely to BK.

I say it again, Piney, you are like a spring that flows forth with infinite wisdom.

#73912 Nba Thoughts

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 22 February 2006 - 08:40 PM in Off Topic

Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups
Tayshaun Prince
Rasheed Wallace
BIG BEN WALLACE

Best 5 players in the league, because they make up the best TEAM in the league, the DETROIT PISTONS!!!

Ture there's somebody better than each of them at their positions, but nobody can play together like those five guys, talk about a stacked lineup.

#73363 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 16 February 2006 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

You know what's worse than a nuclear powered nerf gun?

People who take themselves way too seriously.

Just my opinion, though.

#73275 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 15 February 2006 - 11:19 PM in Homemades

Obviously the most effective method would be a nuclear explosion propelling the dart. The trick here is to find PVC with a high enough rating. I'd check your local Home Depot for that. After that all you need is some uranium or plutonium, which is easily accessible.

I gotta warn you first though, that your gun may explode, killing you and your whole town, and most importantly melting your stefan, but if the dart survives, just think of the RANGE that baby can get!

#73238 Warhammer

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 15 February 2006 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Speaking of Warhammer 40k, I have like a 2000 point Eldar Ulthwe army that's mosltly painted (really well might I add) That I don't really use anymore. It's somewhat old so it has a bunch of out of production pieces in it too. If any of you guys are interested in purchasing it I'd probably part with the whole thing for a good enough offer, or sell it off in parts. I'll get some pictures and such for anyone who's interested. Reply or PM me.

#71110 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 16 January 2006 - 11:07 PM in Nerf Wars

hey guys, I hate to break this so late, but I can't come for this one. Some stuff came up here and next saturday just doesn't work. In any case, thanks for helpin to accomodate me, but maybe next time. Sorry if this fucks with your planning Hersh.

#70341 Bayonets

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 January 2006 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Actually, in my last war I found that A bayonet could be extremely useful in a few instances, and it could mean the difference between victory and elimination.

In close quarters, you could barrel tap (bayonet) someone and then immediately shoot them, scoring two hits with only one dart.

#70192 First Gun?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 31 December 2005 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

Slightly off-topic, my older brother is an Annapolis alumnus.  What year are you?  I remember seein' the Halloween thread from a while back and thinking to myself, "Holy shit-- Batman's in a Bancroft Hall dorm room!"

I just started this year so I'm a lowly superior. Not a very fun year as I'm sure you've heard.

What's your brother up to nowadays, is he still in the Navy? What was his service selection?

#70111 First Gun?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 29 December 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

My first nerf gun was those nerf swords... not really a gun, but soon afterwards I got the ultimate nerf gun of all time: the Bow-n-Arrow!

Does anyone remember those sweet BnA commercials when teh little kids got attacked by like ninjas and stuff and fended tehm off with their Nerf weaponry? Or am i hallucinating?

Eithery way even though I'm a bit younger than Death, I still feel old.

Anyways I didn't start nerfing in the organized/modified sense until mid high school, and my first modded guns were a pair of lock-n-loads.

#70038 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 28 December 2005 - 01:01 PM in Nerf Wars

It's a bit of a trip but I hopefully should be able to work it out at least for saturday, as long as hersh can hook me up with that ride still?

EDIT: yeah after reading talio's post, I also need some darts. I hate to be a mooch but I dont have time to make tthem. I'll use whatever you feel like giving me though, im not too picky.

Should I happen to have overnight Liberty I'm game for hangin out with you guys saturday night too.

#69934 Open Letter To New Members And Admins

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 27 December 2005 - 01:41 AM in General Nerf

wtf mate?

This is a really funny thread. I think I may have actually laughed at one point, but that's another matter. Anyways. There's a lot of wisdom from a few guys in here. Ther's also a lot of bullshit from people who have been here for less than a year and have hundreds of posts so they think they're cool. Piney is once again the man, as is IronRhino, as is this Duxburian guy. Shinny and CX are legit as always, and cobbers while he did go off the deep end, at least can back it up.

I don't post very often. I've been here two years. I've read the forums for almost 3... see a pattern there? I read through this entire site before I signed up. And my first post, I believe, was either an original mod or integration. Most of you kids dont even know who I am, which is cool, because I've been pretty quiet for the past year or so. Like when I posted a fairly cool gun over thanksgiving break, and got talked down to by kids who have been here a month? These are the people that ruin this place.

It's not the newest members.... nah not at all. They will always be here, and they will always make mistakes, and they will always be put in there place.

The people that ruin this place are the second tier of members, those that made it through their first month without giving up, and now think they're the shit. Oh I've been here 2 months and have 200 posts, so I am infinitely wise! No, you're not. You can't flame someone until you've been here at least a year, and have made definitive contributions, or nobody will respect you. Yes, many of you guys who think you are experienced and wise posted in this very topic! Complaining about the n00bs, thats the cool thing to do when you've been here 2 months!

Don't pretend you know shit when you don't, and don't pretend to run shit when you can't, and don't talk down to people if you can't back it up. If you are going to talk shit about someone's mod, you better have at least one or two superior mods posted up here already.

So lets see here... IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE UNDER SIX MONTHS AND:

-you didn't read the boards for at least a month before posting
-your most frequented board is OFF TOPIC
-you have initiated a flame war
-you have talked shit to someone who's been here longer than you
-you have giddily warned a spammer that they were going to get the 9999 day special
-you haven't posted any original mods, or contributed in any other significant manner
-you have a post average of more than one per day
-you think you're better than ANYONE else on these boards
-you think you've earned everyone's respect

YOU ARE WRONG!

Yeah, there are a few exceptions, but for the most part that describes most of the members here. You're punks. You picked up nerf and thought that you are now the coolest man on earth. Last a year, last 2 years, make some contributions, go to some nerf wars. It's really easy to tell who's legit and who's not. Most of the legit people around here don't post as much, because they've been there, done that, just like rhino said. Most of the people who talk a lot don't actually say anything!

So I'm starting to ramble here, because I'm tired, and this is a stream-of-conciousness type post. This looked like a good thread to do it in so there ya go.

My 2 cents

Rock on dudes

#69604 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 20 December 2005 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

^^^^^
I agree with this guy!

#68945 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 09 December 2005 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Heres when I can come:

All Saturdays
Jan 14
Jan 21
Feb 4
Feb 11
Feb 25
March 4

Any or all of those are of equal value to me.

toodles!

#68764 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 03 December 2005 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, I think I may be able to get to this one! Pretty much any saturday works for me. I have liberty on saturdays from noon till 10 PM meaning that I have to BE BACK at 10. Also I'm technically not allowed to leave a 22-mile radius around the academy while on liberty, so while you guys are picking places if theres one more towards Annapolis then that would be beneficial. Lastly a ride from someone there and back would be super cool.

In any case, I really hope I can make it. If one of you guys could hook me up with a ride then that would pretty much guarantee me being there, whoever can help either PM me or IM me veggieboy3000.

#68405 Crossbow Tactical

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 27 November 2005 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

Got the right idea there. If you ask me relocate that flash light. Integration is nothing new here at nerf haven especcially with the crossbow. Thats really all i have to say.

Wow. Thanks for telling me how it is here at the haven, man.

Thanks for backing me up, Piney.

The original part about this gun isn't the fact that its a 2k inside a crossbow. Of course that's been done. The original part about this gun is the trigger system for the 2k. It took quite a bit of pretty precise dremeling and gluing to get that thing to fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Thanks for the feedback too. The flahlight on there was the only one I had acessible at the moment, and It actually did help out in the war the next day once it got dark out.

#68245 Crossbow Tactical

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 25 November 2005 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

Its been awhile since I've done anything with a Nerf Gun but since I'm home for teh first time in 6 months, theres a war tomorrow, and I don't really have any functional guns, I felt the need to make something cool. So here it is, the Crossbow Tactical, with an integrated at2k in the bottom and flashlight. The ranges on both of the guns are standard, nothing special. The cool part about it is the trigger mech, you can fire both barrels with their respective triggers while holding the gun in the two-handed grip. The 2k handle on the front is surprisingly comfortable on the side like that. The flashlight looks cool, and may be helpful in urban night wars.

In any case here are some pictures:

Posted Image

and the top view (you can see the 2k handle)

Posted Image

This is the baddest-assest gun I've done in a long long time.

#68182 Support Our Troops

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 24 November 2005 - 12:49 AM in Off Topic

Grouchy Media

I would highly encourage all of you guys to check out this site. It's full of motivational videos of our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq figting the War on Terror. The clips are mostly sent in from the troops themselves, resulting in some totally kick-ass stuff that you can't really see anywhere else.

I love this shit, maybe because I'm gonna be doing it in 4 years, but either way this should give you all a better appreciation for all that our armed forces are doing for us every day.

#67851 Michigan? Nerf War?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 16 November 2005 - 11:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Michigan Thanksgiving War

Friday the 25th, 2-7 PM, Royal Oak, MI

I'm gonna be on leave from Navy, and my 2 buddies at West Point are gonna be there too, we'll have some sweet rivalry action goin on, plus you get to war with guys actually in the millitary!

in any case... talk to Uriel on HQ about it... he's the man when it comes to logistics and organization, among other things.

#67460 Painted Darts?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 11 November 2005 - 02:36 AM in General Nerf

If a dart is moving slow enough that you can see its coloring, then you should be able to dodge it anyways. If it's moving fast enough that you can't dodge it, the coloring isn't gonna matter. If a dart's coming straight at you you're gonna see it no matter what color it is. If a dart is gonna sneak up on you and blindside you right in the side of the face, you're not gonna see it coming either way.

My point is... I doubt that the color of a dart is going to make it any easier to dodge during a war. Some of you may have different experiece with this, but that's my take on it.

#67450 Painted Darts?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 November 2005 - 11:48 PM in General Nerf

Spray paint 'em BRIGHT PINK! Yes, I have done this. The paint flakes off a bit but the dart still has enough hue to be recognizable. Now, not only will this make your darts really easy to find in any terrain (unless of course you nerf in a cotton candy factory), but it's so much more humilitaing for your opponents when they get smoked by a pink killshot... ;)

#67227 Dart Tag Or Firefly

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 06 November 2005 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

I have had some experience with both the Dart Tag and the Firefly unmodded, and on that point the dart tag wins by far. I have not seen either one in action modded, however, but the Dart Tag guns have more shots and are smaller, whicha re already 2 advantages right there. Plus the turret on the dart tag doesn't have anything in front of it like teh rotating mechanism on the firefly, so it would be possible to have extended barrells if you so needed on that one, which is eitehr impossible or really really hard on the firefly. I have also experienced the Dart Tag guns being a tad more reliable than the firefly, but since i ahve only used one of each I don't have very many data points to make an assessment about that. My advice still would be to go with the dart tag, if only because you get those sweet glasses!

#66973 Rapid Fire 20 Pvc Mod?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 01 November 2005 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

Your best bet for replacing the barrels on an RF20 would be PETG. It's thin-walled enough to fit, fits micro stefans perfectly, and is super lightweight, even lighter than the RF20 turret itself, so you dont have to worry about the rotating mechanism. Ice Nine PETG'd his RF20 back in the day, so check back maybe a year otwo ago and you can see some pictures of it.