Nerf Master's Content

There have been 10 items by Nerf Master (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8250 Give NH A New Tagline

Posted by Nerf Master on 15 August 2003 - 02:51 AM in Site Feedback

Put Brass & PVC to good use.

Shut up you Stooge. I know how to get my kicks.

Do the Nerf.

The best thing since sliced bread.

#6759 My Birthday Is Coming Up...

Posted by Nerf Master on 08 July 2003 - 06:05 PM in Off Topic

As for the GBA, if you're into these types of genres, then a lot of people recommend Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Wario Ware Inc, Super Mario advance 2 or 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Mario Kart Advance, or Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.Moreover, if you just have a GBA as opposed to the GBA SP, you might want to research into getting an Afterburner.

Also, if you're not finding interest in your X-box or PS2, you could always pick up a used Super Nintendo to play many affordable classic titles at home.

And definetely pick up a Max Shot. May want to get some brass piping with it.

#6604 Modding Max Shot

Posted by Nerf Master on 05 July 2003 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

You can simply wedge a flat-head screwdriver in the edge of the blue cap and pull it out. It just has two tabs on the side of it which hold it in place, but those don't prove to provide a challenge to pull out the cap. You can then replace the cap once you are done with opening the gun.

#5592 Unknown Gun

Posted by Nerf Master on 10 June 2003 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is the cocking device included with the perceptor. Though, it may not be, but it sure looks like it.

#3959 Brass Or Pvc?

Posted by Nerf Master on 24 April 2003 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

Well yes, brass can be dented or scratched if it's open to rough damage. Though, it's worth that chance in order to achieve the greater ranges that you get with brass compared to PVC. So just avoid smacking your gun into random objects, and you should be fine. You could also easily change your barrel if such an event occured.

#3955 Just Looking For Some Help

Posted by Nerf Master on 24 April 2003 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

As to the actual "older" ones, like the LE 2500 (I'm not good on the SM3000 ancestry here), there are few problems, due to an air-actuated rotation mechanism. Or so I'm told.

The 2500's barrel rotation system actually can handle some extra turret weight, especially if the air release valve is plugged. This is probably due to the fact that the higher amount of pressure you can achieve, the quicker the turret rotates, and the higher air pressure can turn the mechanisms the neccesary amount even with added weight. So, with the extra weight, you might have to pump twice to make the barrels turn with PVC or other barrels. But other than the 2500, I wouldn't waste my time to modify any of the 3000's, just because it won't perform very well. Like everyone says, pick up a Airtech 3000, it'll be worth your while.

#1550 Sm 500

Posted by Nerf Master on 18 February 2003 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

You should cut off the barrel only leaving about 3 inches of the original white barrel left(Which means you do cut off the air restrictor part). The PVC should fit very nicely in that original barrel. I would also recommend that you plug the pump. You won't need to open the gun up to do this, so it's rather safe.

#1084 Fbr

Posted by Nerf Master on 02 February 2003 - 02:15 AM in General Nerf

The kind that your going to need to get is the "Closed Cell" FBR, whether 1/2" or 5/8".

#808 At3k And At4k First Impressions

Posted by Nerf Master on 22 January 2003 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

As, done by others, including myself, you can relocate the pump out of the front of the gun. Just remove the original blue pump handle, so that you keep the original pump, but you extend the tubing on the pump out of the gun towards the front, cutting a hole in the casing in front of the pump. Then it's sticking out the front, and you attach some sort of padding. Then you can pump it in a style that is normal, like on a PC. Though, the pump strokes are still short, but you can get fuller strokes per pump. Although this was done to the 3000, I assume it can be used on the 4000 also.

#617 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by Nerf Master on 14 January 2003 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

The pumps on the 3000 and 4000 are a bit awkward to pump once you plug the air release valve on the pump. So I relocated the pump location on the 3000 as Sniper5000 first tried. You mostly have to just remove that blue handle you original pumped it with, and drill a proper sized hole in the casing in front of the pump and glued a galvanized square pipe into the pump. Then add some sort of padded on the end and such, and the pump is now located in a more comfortable area. The pump strokes are short(At least on the 3000), but it only takes 5 or 6 pumps to safely pressurize it. As for the liquid gauge, I cut it off my 2000, and it didn't affect range. So maybe it's not directly related to the main air tank.