WicketTheModder619's Content

There have been 102 items by WicketTheModder619 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#310662 Modding nerf powerclip cycle rate?

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 04 February 2012 - 11:26 AM in Modifications

You could always take the bands off and instead expand the piston. This would lower the cycle rate and increase the pressure. An example of this can be found here:
http://nerfhaven.com...=1

#305498 Longshot Breech Troubleshoot

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 07 October 2011 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

You are going to want your spring to be longer than 4 inches for sure. If a [k26] is too hard to prime, then maybe use something weaker? A [k25] will produce results that are just as good. Also, I don't think your catch spring combo is strong enough. If you want to never had problems again, use a cut down Ace #2 spring for the catch spring. Hope you get it working soon.

#305251 Dart-a-Palooza #8

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 01 October 2011 - 11:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there. Possibly with a guest.

#305174 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 29 September 2011 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

I recently acquired a supermaxx 5000, these are the mods so far, paint job to come soon. This gun is going to be designated to my dog Indy. He died the same day I got this blaster. The paint job will reflect this when it is finished.

Posted Image
Ain't he cute?

Posted Image
Overview.

Posted Image
Breech open.

Posted Image
Look at the sticker!

Posted Image
Still has the attachment holding brackets and the arrow shooting barrel.

Posted Image
Arrow barrel/barrel sheath is still removable and effectively keeps the barrel straight.

Posted Image
Beautiful shot of it.

#304850 Praxis Max Power Spring Relocation

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 20 September 2011 - 06:33 AM in Modifications

Well you beat me to posting a write-up. I was editing my video write-up for youtube. I had my Praxis done about 3 weeks ago, but nonetheless, great job! Glad to see someone else envisioned that screw port to be a great spring rest.

#302335 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 26 July 2011 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

The future looks bright! I can't wait for all of the new kits/accessories to come out. I know some very underrated guns in my arsenal that could use just the TLC Orange Mod Works is providing. Tell them to keep up the outstanding work!

#301657 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 16 July 2011 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

To anyone making it to the war tomorrow:
I will be bringing 3 guests and will not have enough darts to supply everyone with a reasonable amount, therefore, I am looking to borrow/trade for/buy darts that have a springer fit in cpvc and aren't grey at the war. Thanks to anyone that can help us out!

#301555 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 14 July 2011 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

Super awesome! I need to go find a Quick Blast to replicate this. A Pulse Strike tank runs on the same concept of compressing a spring inside of the airtank. I think it would be neat to make a large ammo version using a Pulse Strike tank and a ball hopper (stores in back of head). Or a larger version of the shotgun RSCB I have on my Pulse Strike.

#301380 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 11 July 2011 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Pending work schedule I want to be there!

I will add you to the maybes. Also, if you still have that Longshot, I would love to get it off of you.

#301358 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 11 July 2011 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, since I have been designated to be in charge of attendance, let's get a list going.

Confirmed:
Noodle
Wicket + 2-3
Zorn
Junior
JackJack
Merzlin
AcepilotZero

Maybees:
Cheerios
Y-Brik
DarkMatter
StLouis
KaneTheMediocre

Noodle- I am sure I have a piece of dowel and the pvc parts laying around, I will try to remember to bring them for you. Also, don't forget to bring my NF Rifle from your sales thread...I will have your BBB as well.

Let's get some more attendees! I know there are a whole bunch of new Chicago guys. Noodle, would you mind if I posted this over on NerfRevolution?

#301252 How to make better Slug darts

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 09 July 2011 - 04:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

Great job on the tutorial Ryan! I have been making my slugs like this for a little over a year now. I still have some of the darts from my first batch that will not break. I am going to make the switch over to a mini hot glue gun for a more controlled glue flow though. You mentioned using a dual-temperature glue gun on high to burn the holes, but what are the advantages of using low temperature and high temperature to dispense the glue?

#301189 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 08 July 2011 - 12:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me and 2-3 guest down. The Indiana Crew will be there!

#301128 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 07 July 2011 - 11:18 AM in Nerf Wars

The Indiana Crew and me are out.

#300967 Titan Help

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 03 July 2011 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

I know topics like this are frowned on but,I can't figure out how to get the orange cap on the end by the pump off. Please help.

Following the lines of the blaster, cut the cap into two halves.

#300942 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 03 July 2011 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to make it with a small crew from Indiana!

#300225 Dart-a-Palooza Chicago #2

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 20 June 2011 - 11:58 AM in Nerf Wars

It's been a while to say the least. But if my dad is off, you can expect Triston and me to hopefully make an appearance. It will be good to see you guys again! Also, Jack, I have the razorfin for you if I make it.

EDIT- My dad is off! Just need to check with him when he gets home.

#299818 Rainfire

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 13 June 2011 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

Wow, nice job man. I always loved your longshots, but a slam-fire rainbow! My only question is was it worth all of the extra work? I have seen Ryan fire his rainbows as if they were slam-fire.

#299802 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 13 June 2011 - 04:14 PM in Off Topic

Gamertag- Wicket619

Games I usually play-
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Dead Space 2
Halo Reach (When I am at my friends)

#299791 Possible new contender in foam blasters

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 13 June 2011 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

Can't wait to see some new blasters! I wonder if the new "double-barreled titan" is a reincarnation of the XXL?

#299783 Aluminum AT2K Tank

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 13 June 2011 - 06:34 AM in Homemades

Very cool! I remember when you first started working on these and seeing the early prototypes. You have come a long way from the earlier model. I would also be interested if you are going to sell these.

#299601 Hyper Fire DTB Revisited

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 09 June 2011 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Pretty cool. I have 5+ hyperfires just sitting around. I actually put a magstrike bladder in one in the past and it was hilarious to be able to get off semi-auto shots using the magstrike valve system. Good job and anxious to see more stuff from you MIG!

#299400 Captain America Disc Launching Shield

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 06 June 2011 - 06:30 AM in Modifications

On the way back from Cataclysm 2, we saw these at target and were so tempted. I decided not to buy it at the time, but you just make me reconsider. Great job man, and I can't wait to see what else you will do to it.

#299351 My BalloonFinder

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 05 June 2011 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

That actually looks nice. I love the black and red scheme on the new plunger tube too. Keep up the good work while I go hunt for a similar balloon pump.

#298802 and then the soothsayer returned...

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 27 May 2011 - 08:15 PM in Off Topic

Glad to see you have your life all back in order and that you are back in the nerfing scene. Hopefully we will be seeing some cool stuff from you and you will soon be back to business as usual. Again, nice to see you back Sooth.

#298770 Nerf Whiteout Series Blaster Reviews!

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 27 May 2011 - 03:07 PM in General Nerf

Not really a fan of the maverick or the longstrike, but those paint schemes looks sweet. I hope they make a better blaster with this paint scheme.

#298387 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 22 May 2011 - 12:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Great war guys, now for some pros and cons!

Pros:
-Got some cool footage.
-Tons of cheap stuff.
-Getting to war with some new guys.
-Scoring some 1 and 1/2 inch thinwall.
-Getting a Boomstick from Flash!
-Culvers and Target afterwards!

Cons:
-Mosquitoes
-Ticks
-Cheerios managing to shoot one of the rubber washers out of the front of my snap.
-Getting murdered by all of the 4B's and RPB's all day long.
-Getting less than half of my darts back.

Overall great war, would definitely come again. Also, thanks a ton Broken and Flash for piking me up along the way, and for the 45 minutes of shooting each other in my culdesac.

#298348 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 21 May 2011 - 07:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be one of the few guys on the field without an RPB, but nonetheless, you are all going down! On a side note, I have a bunch of blasters with me that I really need to get rid of, so see me at the war for some cheap stuff.

#298235 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 17 May 2011 - 03:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

I thought I might as well mention that these DO in fact work in hoppers! I ordered a sample pack and made all of the silicone headed darts. My snap's hopper never jammed up and I was using a 10 dart hopper(stefans)and 16 inch cpvc barrel.

#298138 One Hand Primable Blaster

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 15 May 2011 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

Wow....nice work! I remember Kane talking about how he had plans to make a blaster that is primed and fired with one hand, but was unaware that you had something in the works. Looks sweet, but how much strain does it put on the user's wrist? Also, clever idea with the shoulder stock, before I got that far into the reading I was imagining it slipping off of the shoulder while priming and sending the power of a [k26] into the user's face...ouch.

#298130 Cheap 18-shot Stefan Clip

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 15 May 2011 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

Pex is made of polyethylene, so whatever it's size, you won't be able to glue it. Also, I've never seen 1/4" PEX, where'd you get it?

Thanks for the input Kane, I was completely unaware of pex's adhesion properties.

1/4 inch pex is at just about every Lowes... Wicket, nice mod. Taerkitty was talking to me a while ago about doing something like this.

Thanks man, if he uses a different method, I would love to compare!

KF is right. I've seen it at all the Home Depots in my area in the plumbing section. I didn't know you couldn't glue it though.

On top of what Kane stated, I don't believe 1/4 inch pex would be able to fit anyway.

#298095 Cheap 18-shot Stefan Clip

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 14 May 2011 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Great writeup. I was finally going to do this to my clips now that the semester is over. Did you ever think of using 1/4 Pex or is that too big? Also for an even cleaner look you can run an exacto/hobby knife down the little plastic nubs. it takes a while but it looks super clean when it's done.

Yeah, two of the tabs had a very large amount of adhesive on them that just wouldn't loosen up. This was actually the second one I made, and I wanted to see how fast I could make it. With the glue gun warmed up and the materials all standing by, one can make these in under 10 minutes.

#298081 Cheap 18-shot Stefan Clip

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 14 May 2011 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

I along with every other nerfer that uses clip system blasters was quite sick of being limited to 6 shots before having to reload. Just for all of the longshot wielding guys out there, here is my tutorial on how to solve that problem.

Materials:
-3/16" wooden dowel rod
-A pen tube that will fit in the receiver
-Super glue
-Hot glue and glue gun
-Drill
-Rubber band
-5/16" drill bit
-Dremel

First off, grab your stampede clip. You can try to pry and make it clean as best you can, but I wasn't able to break the glue on some of the tabs.

Posted Image
Instead, go the easy route and dremel right through those tabs!

Posted Image
Undo these two screws.... and you're still not in. :angry:

Posted Image
Wait, before you throw it at a wall! All you have to do is pull the halves apart to break the glue that these rubber pieces use to hold onto the inside halves of the clip.

Posted Image
The insides.

Posted Image
Now grab your 3/16 wooden dowel and mark and cut it at 10 and 1/4" long.

Posted Image
Grab your pen tube. This is the one I used, and it had a perfect snug fit in the receiver.

Posted Image
Cut a 1 and 1/8" section of the tube.

Posted Image
Drill a 5/16" hole through the receiver at the right distance for your darts. My pen tube required me to drill a 5/16 hole and then go around the hole once with scissors.

Posted Image
Insert your pen tube into the hole you drilled. I used no adhesives here, since I made mine fit perfectly.

Posted Image
Hot glue the dowel rod to the bottom of the clip. Use the receiver to line in up.

Posted Image
Get the receiver and spring back into the clip and screw the bottom half together. Since we cut the tabs earlier, we are going to have to glue the halves together.

Posted Image
Wrap your rubber band around the top to hold the halves together while you apply your super glue. Rub the super glue in so that it doesn't protrude in the mag well. Sit this upright, and when it is dry, enjoy having triple the shots before swapping out clips. Also, I use this method on my 6-shot clips too, and it works great and has never jammed on me.

#297920 O.M.S....OverLoad MagStrike

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 08 May 2011 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Very nice Rogue! I take it you won't be making a second clip? I am so anxious to see this thing fire when you get the part you need.

#297889 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 05 May 2011 - 07:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

Fu-BJ-

I ordered one of the sample packs on ebay. I have no use for the snap caps though, so could I receive 15 of the silicone tips instead? Ebay name is: magicalxradical
I will send the payment after I get your response, so there is no mix-up.

#297660 Octo-Shot

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 28 April 2011 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Wow, I hadn't seen the video for this yet, but it looks awesome. He went a little overboard with the reinforcing though eh? I need to go raid my TRU now.

#297554 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 25 April 2011 - 07:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

These look great. They are easy to see and work in stock guns! I definitely need to buy some of these.

#297315 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 19 April 2011 - 03:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah, Round 2! Depending on the date, I will try to make it out with a few guests. Addressing the modified Super Soaker rule, I have a shot blast on the bottom of my longshot, will this be legal? It tops out at 115' and is almost identical to a 3k. If it is a problem, I will just shoot arrows and rockets from it. :P

#297284 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 18 April 2011 - 07:30 PM in Homemades

Beautiful. May I ask where you happened to find 1 and 1/2" thinwall pvc? If I can get my hands on some of that, I will have to make one of these.

#296889 Ads?

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 30 March 2011 - 10:55 AM in Site Feedback

I recieved an audio ad while typing as well. I have no idea why though, it has never done that before.

#296507 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by WicketTheModder619 on 23 March 2011 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

I haven't been on in quite a while, and now that it is getting a lot more attention I guess I will be on more frequently.