Spectre2689's Content

There have been 414 items by Spectre2689 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#75444 Mmno4

Posted by Spectre2689 on 06 March 2006 - 10:35 PM in Nerf Wars

WIN!

...Yes, I concur.

#61200 Cfmboards

Posted by Spectre2689 on 05 August 2005 - 04:26 PM in Off Topic

Just you wait, Cam. Once I get back from Porkuland I'm going to throttle you with that fucking camera.

Yeah...come see the forums. Pay no attention to the visuals, it's the content that counts.

#58807 Mmno 3

Posted by Spectre2689 on 06 July 2005 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gone from the 14th to the 7th. Obviously, then, I'm no good for the 23rd.

#58694 Live 8

Posted by Spectre2689 on 04 July 2005 - 06:08 PM in Off Topic

Talio, that has to be the best post I've ever seen you make. But come on now, I'm sure all the starving people in Africa would appreciate a rock concert in their honour...wouldn't they? Also, I had no idea that this was all free. Assuming that's true, they just gave a whole lot of money to companies and groups that just don't give two shits about Africa. Big help there I guess.

As for Yazz, you are retarded. Open your mind. Not everyone needs to listen to Classic Rock. If they want to listen to classical, or pop, let them. Who are you to judge them by their musical tastes? And if you are going to make a retaliatory post, at least have the sense to put together a logical retort. Saying Bush fucks hairy ducks (which, by the way, isnt possible) isn't going to change anything quicker than Republican hippies.

#58692 Mmno 3

Posted by Spectre2689 on 04 July 2005 - 05:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I feel shame...

#56081 Mmno 3

Posted by Spectre2689 on 30 May 2005 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

How about we try this again in two weekends? You're a douche for not showing by the way. So are your parents. It didn't rain on Saturday. At all.

Who's up for two weekends from now? (June 11)

#56054 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by Spectre2689 on 30 May 2005 - 05:04 PM in Off Topic

My 2 cents...

Looks...Yeah, the PS3 looks like a grill. But the Xbox 360 looks like a blender.

If anyone has ever seen pictures of the PS3 in black, it looks several times better. It will be released in any one of those three colours stock. Yeah, the controller sucks, but* we all know that third-party companies always release different designs for controllers and the such.

The Xbox 360, on the other hand, comes stock in that queer looking off-white colour. You need to buy coloured faceplates for it. Microsoft and money...we've seen this before, haven't we? The Xbox 360 has the potential to look nice, but they went and screwed it up. The only redeeming qualities of it are that the controller looks fairly decent and comfortable to hold.

The Revolution easily looks the best out of the three systems so far, but it's hard to tell since there's little media on it compared to the other two big names. I haven't even seen a controller for it yet, so I won't judge.

But looks aren't the only thing in a console, it needs to work too.

The PS3 has the clear advantage in its hardware, as showcased in videos and at E3. The Killzone movie is said to be actual gameplay by many sources, and it's believable...since when did you see cinematics like that in first-person? Lots of games have the ability to turn off HUDs and crosshairs, why not Killzone? And not once during that video did I see any sort of lag or choppiness. The PS3 also holds the most practicality, acting as a wireless-B/-G router, and using Bluetooth technology for up to 7 (yes, seven, not eight) controllers. *The PSP, if you have one, can also be used as a controller, much like the GBA and the GCN set up. The video is also impressive, being able to hook up to two screens side-by-side, with either a panoramic view, or split-screens for multiplayer.

The Xbox 360 definitely slacked in this department. All of the video tests I saw were choppy in areas of high action, or even tough lighting, especially Gears of War. For being a head-liner, you'd think that Microsoft would put more work into it. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, however, looked fairly good, and I didn't see nearly as much choppiness in it, even if some textures did look bland. All in all, Xbox 360 isn't doing too well right now, or so it seems, since Microsoft was using Apple G4s to showcase their games. Strange? About as strange as them using Linux servers. Two memory card slots (actually on the machine this time around) may prove useful if you want to move save games around. The one controller port (yeah, it's a controller port) may be interesting, seeing as both of the other consoles are completely wireless.

Again, there isn't much information about the Revolution. From the short clips that I've seen of Metroid and Legend of Zelda, it seems like the same tale as GCN/PS2/Xbox. For those who didn't notice, developers realized a little too late that they weren't using the GCNs full potential, and later games (SCII, Metroid 2) looked far superior to the other systems, however it was too little too late. They haven't made the same mistake this time, and the visuals look very impressive. I haven't seen the controller for it, so I can't judge how it looks or feels in your hands. In fact there's not a whole lot of insight to the Revolution right now that I can find. Maybe in the near future they'll release some more information, but knowing tight-lipped Nintendo, we may not see that for the next little while.

Those are my opinions on the consoles from what I saw live from E3, and what I've found on the internet. Maybe something completely unexpected will happen that will turn the tides of the console wars. But I must say that some people in this thread need to do some more thinking, and some more research, before they post. Fanboys are bad. Satan eats them.

#56053 Cd Rom Problem!

Posted by Spectre2689 on 30 May 2005 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

Figure out the model of your drive. Once that's done, go to the maker's website and download the appropriate drivers for it. Install them and it should work. If not, do a clean install of Windows.

#53356 Your Ride?

Posted by Spectre2689 on 24 April 2005 - 03:02 PM in Off Topic

Hopefully two summers from now I'm going to have enough cash to buy a 1993-1995 (Gen 3) Mazda RX-7.  It has a rotary that I'll probably swap out for a Toyota Supra engine (I forget the engine designation) that will definitely get reworked.

I'm...not too sure why you would do that. The reason RX-7s perform so well is because the car's light. The Supra engine is heavier than the RX-7's rotary, and would probably weigh the front down a lot more than it was designed to perform with. Why not just put an enormous turbo and intercooler on the existing engine?

[EDIT] And for the record, my ride is a pair of Firefly Zeal 2s. Nice comfortable shoes, like...

#52516 Mmno 3

Posted by Spectre2689 on 14 April 2005 - 05:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Geez, thanks for asking me...dicks.

Yeah, 28th should be good. I'll be bringing my NFs of death and destruction, my BnA, and my 2k, as usual. I may need to single my 1500 since I completely gayed it through my own stupidity. Oh well. Atleast I have a rifle now. Plus the Maxshot, but that has a strange tendency to stop working every so often.

Yeah, 12-6 sounds pretty good. Same place as usual. What a nice nerfing area... Yeah, me and Cam "checked it out"...with...no, I'll let you guys figure that out on your own. But, Home has been raided, and the stump of glory no longer exists. But on the plus side we made our own stump, which may or may not still be there, and we have one more bench.

And yeah...I think that's all for me. Someone tell me the next time I need to know something. Dicks.

(snicker) Rind leader...

#49526 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by Spectre2689 on 13 March 2005 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Yeah but it's not even cool. It's hideous. Sorry, but, it just...it just...wow.

#49405 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 March 2005 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

Unique isn't always good. That thing would be a nightmare to carry around. I probably wouldn't use that if you paid me. Word of the wise: there's a reason pistols are small, so you can use them easier. If you wanted to bastardize a gun with crossbow parts, you should have atleast used a rifle of some sort.

#49369 This Guy...

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 March 2005 - 11:56 PM in Off Topic

Well said, it should go for every soldier of every country who gave their life for any just reason.

I just want to get a few things off my chest though. Okto's right about the M1 Garand, which the American forces had in the Phillipines in 1945. It's a heavy son of a bitch, and it has a semi-auto 8-round clip. I don't doubt that he would take out 7 enemies with some well placed shots.

And for the beating to death, he doesn't necessarily need to kill them on contact. A lot of times, if someone was too close for a shot with a rifle (remember they're long, anything under 2 feet away would be extremely hard to shoot), you could just beat them down and shoot them there. The Garand was very easy to reload too. The clip would just pop out after it was spent and you'd put a new one in there.

Also, tait, Japanese soldiers, when they got close enough, would often choose to charge the enemies with bayonets or sabres, even if they had a clear shot with their rifle. It was just part of the mentality. It ofter gave their enemy a nice chance to pick a few off.

Add the fact that it was dark, and American soldiers had dark camoflauged uniforms, compared to the Japanese tan uniforms, plus defending troops always have the advantage, and there you go.

I'm not saying some of the numbers weren't exaggerated, they very well may have been, but the story is still entirely believable.

#46986 Happy Birthday!

Posted by Spectre2689 on 07 February 2005 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

I think you misunderstood Taita. It was a voucher to get a free girlfriend. Normally it's used with $20 to get in a girl's pants, but if I use that 6 dollar bill, I get extra benefits.

And about that bidet thing...yeah...wow...I hate it when I'm right.

#46967 Happy Birthday!

Posted by Spectre2689 on 06 February 2005 - 08:22 PM in Off Topic

You're an asshole Tony.

And yeah, Cam, your first post was done this morning...at 12:10AM...so technically, it WAS my birthday. ;)

Thanks guys. Another horror shall roam the streets in due time.

If anyone cares I got a whole lot of money, cards, masking tape, and a "sex" dollar bill. Apparently the bill can be used in conjunction with the "girlfriend voucher" I also received to get a free girlfriend. Go figure.

[EDIT]P.S. Taita, I don't really get your picture. But on the other hand, I'm not quite sure I want to.

#46883 Nerfbots

Posted by Spectre2689 on 03 February 2005 - 11:28 PM in General Nerf

Go figure that it's Canadian. Only us Canadians would think of something that...I don't even know how to describe it. The first word that comes to mind is "scary". What did they do to that poor 1500...?

#46877 Happy Birthday

Posted by Spectre2689 on 03 February 2005 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

A well positioned hot dog across the lips during his sleep, and a well timed zip off the pants once he wakes up should be sufficient.

And as per request...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Tony,
Don't let Vacc touch you!

Have a good one man.

#46644 Mmno 3

Posted by Spectre2689 on 28 January 2005 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

What are the dates that ompa is up here for? We can try to plan it around that. I'm god for pretty much any time. And now that I have my new NFs...

#46252 Mcwoot!

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 January 2005 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

Fucking kids...

I'm not sure if that pun was intended or not, but it was fairly amusing in any case.

Happy birthday Tait. Yeah...try to avoid the STDs...

#46237 Using Army Guys

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 January 2005 - 11:09 AM in Off Topic

Army men are fun to burn. With fire. And stuff.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

As it's been mentioned before in this post, army men don't really give you an advantage, as you don't always know what your enemy will do. There are, of course, some situations in which you could plan the beginning stages of an attack, or the end of a scenario (somebody cornered, for example), but it's a lot more practical, and fun, to play it by instinct, or just make plans on the fly.

#46033 Avatars

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 09:54 PM in Site Feedback

How 'bout some Half-Life 2 avatars? And to keep the fanboys happy, some Halo 2 avatars too.

[EDIT]P.S. Assuming HL2 avatars go up, I call Barney.

#46032 Mac World '05

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 09:52 PM in Off Topic

Now there must have been a disclaimer or something saying that they were all broken beyond repair in one way or another. LCD screens just don't sell around for $15. A good one will cost upwards of $300.

#46031 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 09:51 PM in Off Topic

I was looking around their site and I never saw anything recommending to uncharge the battery. The closest thing that I could come up with was if you didn't use it for a long period of time (14-18 days) to charge it. Eh, whatever. The point is I still don't like Macs.

#45999 Music Genres

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 05:20 PM in Off Topic

Here. Knock yourself out and read some of those lyrics. These lyrics are fucked up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

#45996 Happy Birthdays

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 04:39 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday guys. Don't hit the bottle too hard tonight.

#45995 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 January 2005 - 04:37 PM in Off Topic

Are you serious? Lithium-ion batteries don't like being charged? I wonder why the company recommends you do what I suggested earlier then? No battery doesn't have 'no memory' at all. Also, you must have some weird ass batteries then because my batteries have never failed me when I drained them completely.

No, no, lithium-ion batteries don't like being UNcharged. That means if you let the battery drain all the way, it kills itself. The way lithium batteries work depend on the electrons constantly moving. If they aren't constantly moving, bad things happen. You're right, no battery has no memory, but the iPod's memory isn't affected by bad charging practices, but the iPod can go through some ridiculous amount of charge cycles before it reaches 80% of it's original capacity. And I'll bet you quite a bit that the batteries you use in your devices are nickel-cadmium, which as I said before, don't have the same properties as a lithium-ion battery.

#45960 Mac World '05

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 January 2005 - 09:33 PM in Off Topic

The power supply also wouldn't need to be very big, considering the size of the computer.

About the iPod, there's probably an unwritten limit to how small something should be. A music player as small as a pack of gum is pushing it in my opinion. If you're not careful, you could lose that real easy like. I like the idea though, assuming it works better than the normal iPods.

#45959 Music Genres

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 January 2005 - 09:30 PM in Off Topic

First off, take a joke Ninjz. Seriously.

Second, I agree that Marilyn Manson is one of the smartest guys around. I've heard him talk a few times, but the one that stands out most was with Michael Moore in Bowling for Columbine. The guy's brilliant. On top of that, his lyrics are amazing.

Lastly, Cannibal Corpse, unfortunately, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they talked about killing girlfriends or eating babies? Have you heard their music? They're your perfect stereotypical sick and twisted necrophiliacs.

#45923 Music Genres

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 January 2005 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

Easy boys. It was a lame attempt. So what?

And yes, I have listened to songs from both of those bands, none of which I liked. Maybe a better example in place of those bands would be Cannibal Corpse or something...

#45921 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 January 2005 - 05:48 PM in Off Topic

Go with a Falcon Northwest if you're looking at an Alienware. Better quality all around.

[EDIT] Or what Fuse said. If you're not skilled enough to build your own computer though, read the above.

#45891 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 January 2005 - 11:16 AM in Off Topic

Anyway, you probably aren't treating your iPod with the best care. For all rechargeable devices (yes, that means your laptop and cellphone) you should drain the entire battery with the first use and recharge it all the way (in some devices that actually sets how much battery life you get). Then, because of the constant recharging that you do, it's important to drain the battery all the way at least once a month. I drain my batteries on all my devices once every 2 weeks or so. I'd get into the details of why, but I don't have time right now.

Wrong, and wrong.

1. The first iPod I may have treated badly, but I had only dropped it once, and it ran fine after that. One day it just started acting retarded. The second iPod I got back from Apple after sending the first one in died within the first couple days because the docking port wouldn't charge the battery properly. Which brings me to the other point.

2. The iPod runs on lithium ion batteries, which generally don't like being charged. They have no memory, like nickel-cadmium batteries, so it doesn't matter when you charge it. Instead, if you let a lithium ion battery uncharge all the way, it will either (1) take a long time to charge back up, or (2) not charge up at all. They have a ridiculous amount of charge cycles (that is, a full charge, half plus half, a quarter plus a quarter and a half, etc), so I can't see it dying from that, either.

My point is iPods surely aren't worth the time or money spent on them.

#45863 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 10 January 2005 - 08:52 PM in Off Topic

I dont get how your example of iPod is helping your argument. Im not trying to counter your argument in general, just the use of the iPod. Yes, they now hold a large share of the market, but they are still way overpriced.

And they stop working properly. Frequently. I'm on my second iPod, going on my third. Thank god for warranties...

#45843 Music Genres

Posted by Spectre2689 on 10 January 2005 - 05:21 PM in Off Topic

Slipknot, Korn, etc (probably some form of Goth Rock): I killed my girlfriend and ate a baby.

#45827 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 10 January 2005 - 03:24 PM in Off Topic

Seeing the points here, I'll vote PC. For most of the reasons listed here. I just don't like the Mac's functionality or it's design. And for all the Mac gamers, enjoy! :rolleyes:

[EDIT] Agreed Fuse, agreed.

#45803 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Spectre2689 on 09 January 2005 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

Is the PC running Windows, Unix, or an open-source OS like Linux? That'll affect people's answers. It'll affect mine anyways.

#45802 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Spectre2689 on 09 January 2005 - 11:05 PM in Off Topic

Alright, well I'm gonna have to disagree largely here. Yes, a lot of bands use power chords, but not for the entire song without so much as an arpeggio or two. I play guitar, albeit only for a couple years, but I still do, and I can tell you that most of the stuff in those songs are the same - progression, timing, strumming pattern, beat, time signature, tempo - it's the same. I've grown out of Linkin Park, but some of the stuff they did was pretty talented. Not once did I hear a song by them that sounded much like another. I tried listening to a Nickelback CD once, I kept thinking it was the same song, but then I realized that 3 or so songs had gone by that sounded so alike that I couldn't tell the difference unless I was really paying attention.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's musical tastes, I'm just pointing out that Nickelback (among some other bands) are highly unoriginal in the way they make music.

On the topic of music, more accurately buying music, I buy music from all over the place. Some is mainstream, some isn't. Some is marketed, some isn't. It's all about what kind of music you're into. I believe in downloading music, just not an entire album. The only reason I download is to see whether I like a band or not, and if I do, I'll go and buy their CD (whether it be off something like iTunes or a store such as HMV). If I don't too bad for them.

On a side-note, most of the points I just made are completely out of order, due to the fact that I seriously need sleep. Just dig them out.

#45799 Help With Polls

Posted by Spectre2689 on 09 January 2005 - 10:49 PM in Site Feedback

I believe it's right beside the button you clicked to start this topic.

#45483 Xbow Help

Posted by Spectre2689 on 05 January 2005 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Better yet, how about trying a mod on your own? If you can't find one, create one.

#45467 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Spectre2689 on 05 January 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

I heard this a long time ago, and found it pretty amusing. Damn shitbucket band. I like how they got them to sound almost exactly the same though. It's as if two waves of stupid collided in their heads.

Cam, if you can't find it, Ryan has it...somewhere.

#45342 Maverick Internals

Posted by Spectre2689 on 02 January 2005 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

How easy or hard do you figure it would be to modify the gun to have the revolving dealy (forgot the name) come out farther, so a quick-loader sort of deal could be used?