N3maN's Content

There have been 77 items by N3maN (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69736 The Luger

Posted by N3maN on 22 December 2005 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

Thats just incredbible, great work man!
N3

#69717 Check My Gui Enhancement

Posted by N3maN on 22 December 2005 - 05:05 PM in Off Topic

its a pc

#69697 Check My Gui Enhancement

Posted by N3maN on 22 December 2005 - 01:35 AM in Off Topic

Its a bit more complex than that, but ok. The links work fine, i justs checked 'em
N3

#69592 Check My Gui Enhancement

Posted by N3maN on 20 December 2005 - 08:19 AM in Off Topic

Hey Guys,
In my absence from Nerf, one of the things i filled some time in with was desktop and GUI enhancement. The first picture is my desktop, the second is a shot of my explorer and general window skin, and the third is my window manager (expose clone)
Hope you like it
N3

http://putfile.com/p...54553.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/p...65913.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/p...81167.jpg&s=x11

#69425 Stefans!

Posted by N3maN on 18 December 2005 - 08:40 AM in General Nerf

Might it not be best to have two different types of darts? Ones for you higher powere losers, and ones for your lower power guns. Thats what i do
N3

#69413 My Dead Sexy Nitefinder.

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2005 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

I think it is a good looking mod. I dont think the style in which it is painted should be criticized as it is purely personal preference. As long as the paint job is well excecuted, it should not really be a factor in the consideration of a good or bad mod.

I seem to remember ragnorocks' old Night Finder mod getting ranges of about 100' with a petg barrel and a bigger spring. I think that with the extra sling-shot elastic on it, it is definately possible for this NF to get ranged like that.
GW man, keep it up
N3

Edit: Sorry, i was well wrong. Just checked ragnorocks mod, and he was getting ranges of 60' with stock darts. I reckon he'd hit 70/80 with stefans. I didnt read the whole mod, so im not sure if he put a bigger spring in it or not. I still reckon that with those bands on it 100' is possible.

#69400 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2005 - 08:19 PM in Off Topic

I dont know if i have a problem with the way you do your job yet. I really havent seen you doing it in a while.

All i was saying, granted in a pretty smartass way, was that this place has obviously changed a bit from the last time i was here. I am sorry I didnt pick this up sooner. You were right to pick me up on the capatalization and grammer thing. If that is the way you want things done, all the more power to ya, but I dont think ragging on the threads i have or have not decided to post in, especially after such a long absence is really helpful. Gee, when i was around, we were desperate to try to stop all the noobs posting! And although i am not a noob as such, my knowledge is old. I decided it would be better to improve it before posting so i didnt look like a fool, and waste peoples time. I do indeed look forward to being a valuable member of this fourm, it is just a matter of getting re-accustomed.
N3

#69378 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2005 - 08:42 AM in Off Topic

Gee, good to still see some of the old faces around. Its going to be fun catching up with all you guys.
N3

#69376 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2005 - 08:34 AM in Off Topic

I am sorry for offending your most humble and holy graciousness.

Gee have times changed around here. This used to be a fun, chilled place to hang out. Is poor capatalization going to kill anyone? The reason I expected a reply so quickly is that recently I have been on a drum forum. The place is massive and you can expect a reply to any post in minutes. I have since become accustomed to this, and expected similar from Nerfhaven. Sorry for making a mistake.

The reason i have posted in so few threads is because i have been busy readibnng up on whats been going on while i was around. Making sure there were no massive Nerf innovations i had missed in my absence. What would be the point of posting with knowledge as old as mine? It would be less productive than not posting as all. Hence, i decided that i would read up so that i may be an asset to the forum, as opposed to a hinderence.

Once again, sorry for offending you, I will try to carry myself with the highest decorum, and bow to you obvious superiorority <_<

N3

#69373 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2005 - 08:06 AM in Off Topic

ah..... ok....

why would you say that?
N3

#69343 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 16 December 2005 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

oo yeah, his pistol is nuts!! cant beleive how much it sold for to! Mine was ok, looked pretty cool, but only shot about 30ft. ill see if i can find it
N3

#69325 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 16 December 2005 - 06:40 AM in Off Topic

ive seen his rifle, but not his pistol. Nothing will top his original Co2 Rifle
N3

#69228 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 14 December 2005 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

yeah.... got the spring pistol done. But it sucked. I havent mucked around with nerf stuff for a while. My most recent and most succesful homemade was my combustion gun. Some of you might remember it. I think i had a thread on it.

So hows life been around here? anything interesting happening?
N3

#69221 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 14 December 2005 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

obviously not

#69190 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by N3maN on 14 December 2005 - 08:01 AM in Off Topic

im back, anyone round here remember me?
N3

#46149 Does The Rifled Barrle Thing Really Work?

Posted by N3maN on 14 January 2005 - 10:16 PM in Homemades

What i am thinking of doing is putting little nocks of wood, like pieces of a match or suchlike, and making them fill the groves. this would give the dart what it needs to spin PROPERLY, without the need to expand, and will fill the gaps between dart and groove. So could somone please tell me if they know how to make one of these rifled barrels so i can test some ideas like this.
Thanks
N3

#46052 Mac World '05

Posted by N3maN on 13 January 2005 - 01:30 AM in Off Topic

15/20 bux??? Is hesa crazy?

#46051 Does The Rifled Barrle Thing Really Work?

Posted by N3maN on 13 January 2005 - 01:09 AM in Homemades

Sorry to bring up an old topic, don't bash me, i know, but i have some ideas about how to get a rifled barrel to work. I went to the nerf world website to try to find out how it was made, but i couldn't find anything. Does anyone know who made it, how, or how i can find out? The only thing i can find about it so far on NH is this and Crankywanky's idea of using a fan? what the???
Thanxks
N3

#45885 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by N3maN on 11 January 2005 - 06:07 AM in Off Topic

The other great thing about PC is the range of brands you can purchase from. This makes for a compeditive market where anyone can find somthing to suit thir needs. The only reason MAC CAN charge so much for their gear, is they are the only ones who make it. If they were more affordable i would buy one So quik, but they're not.
N3

#45838 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by N3maN on 10 January 2005 - 04:12 PM in Homemades

If you get flame out the end of your gun, your putting in to much fuel. And if the Combustion chamber is worked out to be that right size in comparision to the barrel, it wont happen.
N3

#45652 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by N3maN on 07 January 2005 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

i dont know what this combustion gun is, but the way your talking it uses gunpowder or something! that is too much!!!!!!!!!

We need Karma CX!!!

The are alot of interesting points in this poll, and a few misunderstandings.

1: Combustion guns do not really have much flame IF ANY 90% of the time. I have used mine a fair bit recently, and it has been very reliable, predictable, and i haven't ever had the slightest thing go wrong (hey, where are my eyebrows? :P)

2:

a golf course and that where we play

A perfect example of great applications for the gun

3:

or the neighbors calling the cops everytime you set your "firearm" off?

My combustion gun really is no louder than any other nerf gun, it has a little 'whoomp' as the air, gas, and dart escape the barrel, but it hardly mimicks a firearm at all.

4:

there's a gun that shoots 200+ feet, then it shouldn't be used for shots less than 90 feet , a ratio of 1:5 people on a team may have one in use

A perfect example of how one could be SAFELY utilised. Mabey even just one per team, no matter how large. This would add a whole new element to the game where people need to work together more in that they need to call on their one loser for one job, and others for other jobs.

Keep an open mind

N3

#45609 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by N3maN on 07 January 2005 - 06:22 AM in Homemades

I am kinda on the fence as i have never had a real war (stupid australia!), but i think their is room in the nerf world for both sides of the game, close up and insane, and long range losing.
N3

Edit: I am getting killed in this one. That one for for "They're great!" is mine :P

#45585 Nerf World Order

Posted by N3maN on 06 January 2005 - 10:02 PM in News

A good way to make noobs think a little before doing anything stupid would be to have a short, like 1-2week, probationary period in which they can access forums, but cannot post or start new topics. Hopefully this would force unpon them the ideals we want in NH, and give them the gist (jist?) of what to, and what not to do before acctually posting.
Just a thought,
N3

#45579 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by N3maN on 06 January 2005 - 09:29 PM in Homemades

I agree, we must be carful in the use of them, they are more powerful and hence more dangerous, but i still think they can be used effectively and safely. Whenever i use my comb. gun in a war, i will use darts that do not have just the hot glue dome on top, but have a piece of foam glued on the end to reduce the impact. This will attempt to make them safer, however, in aust there are never any wars so i will never get to try it out ;)

the other consideration is that when using a gun with the ranges of the comb. gun, the nature of the game may change to accomadate them in that it will become a game fought accross longer ranges that it currently is, making the gun less dangerous as it loses velocity over the range. I think the best way to incoporate them is to stricly govern their use, making that they cannot be used within a certain range, or in wars that are intended to involve alot of close range fighting.

N3

#45574 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by N3maN on 06 January 2005 - 08:55 PM in Homemades

Considering my recent finding with my homemade combustion gun, i wish to hear other people points of view on their application to nerf.
Thanks guys
N3

#45572 Combustion Gun Finished

Posted by N3maN on 06 January 2005 - 08:50 PM in Homemades

Jeeze! I never realized just how bad the photo quality really is, sorry guys.

SIZES:
The barrel length is 34cm (1' 1"ish ),
the combustion chamber is 18cm (7"ish ),
making the overall lenght including the stock: 78cm (2' 6")

My explanations of whats what should be more clear now. Any q's, post away.

N3

#45538 Nerf World Order

Posted by N3maN on 06 January 2005 - 05:30 AM in News

Cx,
I think it is best to work together with other forums like NHQ, they deal with the noobs, and their mods reccomend additions to the NH clientel. This system would work best if all possible forum mods work together to make the entire nerf community a better place. Keep NH for the bet of the best, and select the best from other forums for promotion to the NH forums.
N3

#45441 Combustion Gun Finished

Posted by N3maN on 04 January 2005 - 06:59 PM in Homemades

Thanks Tatia, never was great at maths.

I have just mailed some pics to thirst that he is hosting for me. The picture quality just aint ther guys, sorry, but it give you an idea of what the gun looks like.

The bit that looks green in the photo is acutally camo. It is the barrel and combustion chamber. The white is the stock, and the orange is the handle of an old toy gun that i used the trigger system from to operate my electronics. The silver is the doderant can, it sprays directly into the combustion chamber. The "scope" on there is just a piece of PVC that i use to sight the gun, but oesn't actually zoom, as even on a gun with the range of this, it would be fairly ineffective. Any q's ask.

my thanks to thirst.

N3

EDIT: Updated Ranges: (average)
With 2cm (8/10") diam darts with heavier weight: 68m (223ft, thanks tatia)
Little Oil balls: 75m (246ft)
Normal stefans: 59m (193ft)

Accuracy is great, i can hit a 17" comp screen at 45m (147ft), after ALOT of practice, 7/10 times.

could someone pls pm me with ACCURATE comversions of my M ranges?

#45430 Combustion Gun Finished

Posted by N3maN on 03 January 2005 - 10:59 PM in Homemades

Hey,
Q&A:

1)No, FBR wont melt, as there is actually very little flame. I mean i have been shooting oil filled balls, and if anything was goin to catch fire/melt they would.

2)I am not sure how my rifle compares to boltsnipers, but i will try to find out for you.

3)My propellant was deoderant, well more body spray. The stuff that doesnt go white when sprayed but is a liquid. In aust. i use LYNX

Thirst has just offered to host some pics for me so i will get them up as soon as possible. I do not think that the concept of combustion guns has been explored enough in the nerf world so i am planning on doing much more work on them. I will talk to a MOD about getting one posted in them homemades section to try to help get ideas rolling as i think there is great potential for them.

Any Q's, just ask

N3

EDIT:

BTW: okto, there is no need to be such a smart arse, especially when you dont know what you on about! why would i bother making a nerf gun if i couldn't shoot nerf darts? i know what i am on about, and until you do to... shut it!

I recently tested with a nerf dart made from 2cm fbr, i normally use 1.6, with a slightly heavier weight and got a range of 68m (i think thats 196'). I think i will continue to use these darts with this gun becuase they are better suited to it than a normal stefan.

#45108 Combustion Gun Finished

Posted by N3maN on 29 December 2004 - 08:36 PM in Homemades

Hey,

I know many do not think there is a place in nerf for combustion guns, but i disagree. I have just finished a homemade not for nerf, it shoots little balls of oil that you put in the bath, but it could very easily be converted to nerf, and i am in the process of making a nerf equivalent (sp?). This thing is great, it looks good, is VERY accurate, and has a range of about 75m (ft?, someone please convert, i think its 215'). The range might be a little less with nerf, i suggest around 60 (180'?)

The barrel i used was 2cm (inch?, just use what fits your darts) PVC, and for the expansion chamber you need it to be at least double the diam. of the barell. For the igniter you can use anything, electronics (my fave), a berbeque igniter like these ( http://www.scribal.c....php?itemID=342 ), whatever you want really.

With the nerf version, i intend to make a breech loader and clip if possible. This would theoretically give the gun a VERY high rof for a rifle. I will be using this to eat shit, due to its incredible range and accuracy.Like i said this thing is great looking too, and i would love to post some pics if somone would host them for me.
Any q's, just post

N3

#44227 Bolt Action Rifle Ideas

Posted by N3maN on 17 December 2004 - 08:43 PM in Homemades

hey,
the trigger system is actuall very good, it is just aa push button swith on the handle (the 45 deg. pvc piece) used to engage the electronics. it only takes a very small tap on this switch and it fires. the only thing you have to make sure thaat the switch has to bee held down to operate so it doesn't leet out all you air after one click.
if you need any info just ask me about it.
N3

#43987 Foldable Sniper Stand Idea

Posted by N3maN on 14 December 2004 - 06:15 AM in Modifications

That : http://www.xinventio...ac3_aim.1.4.jpg
is all u need as a loser stand... a bipod at the from of your gun on a hinge... folds up and down... very stable.
trust me

N3

#43986 Bolt Action Rifle Ideas

Posted by N3maN on 14 December 2004 - 05:56 AM in Homemades

Hey guys,
long time no see... amyway, i cannot see what all the difficulty over breechloaders is.
This http://www.xinventio...spud/breech.htm is a good one, the one i use in fact. fairly easy to make, work out sizes and the such you need fopr your gun, any q's... drop me a line.

this same basic concept can be used to push a dart into the barrael, just flip it all around.

btw... my gun is a replica of the p.a.c. 3 ( the one on the site ), and is soo good. i gets shots well over a hundred meters wiith deadly accuracy. have a look around that place... it has some great stuff

N3

#31243 Aussie Nerf Media

Posted by N3maN on 15 July 2004 - 06:53 AM in General Nerf

Hey Taita,
Sorry bout my lack of reply to the script you sent me... however it all sounds pretty good to me. i think a great song for a ig fight scene would be MARILON MANSON - THIS IS THE NEW SHIT. i have it if you need it. its big loud and catchy... prefect. the opening sounds good but i think you need to be carful not to make it too tacky?? any way... if you need any help just ask dude
N3

#27300 Adware....

Posted by N3maN on 31 May 2004 - 05:42 AM in Off Topic

i use adaware, and it is great. i never have problems with adcrap anymore and i doesn't mess with my kazza lite. it does however muck up IMESH so you can use that with it. i would recomend it, great prog, just make sure you keep it up to date.
N3

#26430 Aussie Nerf Media

Posted by N3maN on 18 May 2004 - 06:48 AM in General Nerf

hey tatia,
a little off track,
i was just wondering where you go to school, where and who you nerf with. Because due to the sucky state of nerf in aus, i can find no-one. it is really hard to get frineds into it to because of the fat that there are very few guns available, and most dont take it seriously. what solustions have you come up with to this problem? (i got sick of shooting at my dog :cry: )

#26359 Aussie Nerf Media

Posted by N3maN on 17 May 2004 - 06:25 AM in General Nerf

The only RATM song i endorse is Guerilla Radio, and that only just. I think it would only really be good for the opening credits or the cloing credits, like you, i am not much of a RATM fan. I am not really sure i like the strict aussie use however. I think it will be good to have a definate aussie twang to it, but i think there are some band, i.e. the prodigy, marlion manson etc. that make music that is PERFECT for a good fight scene. Now we dont necessarily have to like the arstist in priciple i.e. Marlion manson, but we must keep an open mind due to their approprateness to the sort f scence i am thinking of. I mean, when we look at movies like The Matrix, i have to say, the music is by some really bad artists, but it sounds awsome in the movie.
Like i said, i like the aussie twang, but i think we need to think about bending the rules

#26293 Aussie Nerf Media

Posted by N3maN on 16 May 2004 - 03:33 AM in General Nerf

hey tatia,
because of the fact the we live close to each other, i was thinking about helping out with the movie. i am only in year 10 so i have much more time than you we could be a plus. do you have the current script on comp? if you do e-mail it to me (philla_2@hotmail.com) and i'll see what i can come up with to help. i am liking your ideas so far, and i would be willing to put in a fair bit of effort to help you get it off the ground.
keep up the good work
N3maN

#22606 Aussie Nerfers

Posted by N3maN on 27 March 2004 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

i was just wondering how many nerfers there were from aus in this forum, just vote in the poll about (please dont vote unless you are in aus)

Sorry about posting two topics.... i messed up... Can i delete one??? (the other one)

#22537 Nerf Movie

Posted by N3maN on 27 March 2004 - 05:28 AM in General Nerf

actually...i'm from camberwell