Exis's Content

There have been 31 items by Exis (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18325 Wierd Target Shooter At Toysrus

Posted by Exis on 06 February 2004 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

I modded it. It's not bad... maybe 50-60 feet or so with normal Nerf darts. Where it really shines is the fact that you can attach tons of other integrations to it... There's lots of space inside th casing once you take out the rotation mechanism.

-Coop

#16288 Buster Sword

Posted by Exis on 13 January 2004 - 06:55 AM in Homemades

About the whip:

I've been thinking for a while now that I could probably create a retractable whip. By modifying a ruler case (you know, the ones that you can snap back into the little casing) I could create a really nice, simple whip that you could get rid of instantly. Only problem would be to find a casing that doesn't rely on the tension in the ruler.

-Coop

#16137 Sneakshot

Posted by Exis on 10 January 2004 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

Okay... just to make sure. You want to stretch the spring, or replace it, right? Not compress (or tighten) it... Sorry just wanted to check.

-Coop

#16136 Nerf Nite Finder Serial Numbers

Posted by Exis on 10 January 2004 - 06:03 PM in General Nerf

As to the codes... I really think we're reading a bit too much into this. Sure, it's fun to try to crack a code for the heck of it, but little numbers engraved on a plastic toy gun? C'mon guys!

-Coop

#15145 New Nerf Gun

Posted by Exis on 27 December 2003 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

Sorry to stray from topic, but... what's this about suing me??? I wanna know who to sic my lawyers on. :D

-Coop

#14944 Brass Barreled Ss1

Posted by Exis on 23 December 2003 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

I've brass-tribarreled one before. What I found is that it gets 60-80 (all three shots included) and works rather well. The only problem is, as you said, the barrels are very close to one another, so there are incidences of a dart hitting a barrel and going off trajectory.

-Coop

#14943 Your Set

Posted by Exis on 23 December 2003 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

If I were to go to a war, I would use either DemonBane (pics coming soon) and one of my Stingers, or perhaps a souped-up Max Shot and my TTG.

-Coop

#14932 A Dollar Store Pistol Vs. Lnl

Posted by Exis on 23 December 2003 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

Thanks Janga! My friend has my LNL and I couldn't do any comparisons. I agree with most of what you said, but what you left out (although not a material measurement) was the PRICE. I'd rather pay $5 including modding work for a slightly lesser-grade pistol than $25+modding for a slightly better one. That's your choice, though.

I'm also happy to hear that A Dollar is carrying them generally. I was getting a flood of orders, and it would be nice to have some other sellers for people to turn to.

Thanks again!

-Coop

#14815 What Some Of You Have Been Waiting For

Posted by Exis on 21 December 2003 - 02:19 PM in Modifications

Amazing job. I like the idea of sticking a Backlash on, as well. I've got a messed up BF just hanging around, so maybe I'll try something new. Thanks for the inspiration! (Don't worry--I won't copy you... I doubt I could do as good of a job anyways)

-Coop

#14814 "police Force" Spring Gun

Posted by Exis on 21 December 2003 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

Dude that's sweet. Reminds me of my find at the dollar store. Geeze, people should really start exploring non-nerf lines more--particularly the unpromising ones, it seems. Try a mod!

-Coop

#14662 $3.00 Mod: Gets 60 Ft!

Posted by Exis on 19 December 2003 - 06:41 AM in Modifications

Very cool. Reminds me of the luck I had with my dollar store pistols. Good job on the mod!

-Coop

#14549 Some Poetry

Posted by Exis on 17 December 2003 - 07:23 PM in Off Topic

Sorry. Did I start this string of insults? ^_^

-Coop

#14529 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by Exis on 17 December 2003 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I'm with Sylent on this one. For little extra cost, they seem like a fine reload wep. Though I dunno about GLUING it onto mine... I might want to take it off. Also, It would be great if someone could change the firing mechanism. In fact, I'll do just that. I'll post my results ASAP.

-Coop

#14526 Some Poetry

Posted by Exis on 17 December 2003 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

Yeah! I have nothing against it! Bravo.

-Coop

#14508 Airbrushes...

Posted by Exis on 17 December 2003 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

It's nice, Grinch! But, maybe you should've done it to a bigger gun. You know, just so that you could show off the paint job a bit more.

-Coop

#14507 Some Poetry

Posted by Exis on 17 December 2003 - 11:15 AM in Off Topic

And this is in trading because... ?

-Coop

#14410 Dollar Store Blaster

Posted by Exis on 16 December 2003 - 06:57 AM in Modifications

uhh... thanks!

-Coop

#14365 Dollar Store Blaster

Posted by Exis on 15 December 2003 - 06:40 AM in Modifications

Wow! Janga really got it--one of them is drying right now, I just painted it!

Anyways, it was called "A Dollar," and I think it may be a local business. Who knows. Yes, 70-80 is for real. I think they may be smaller than a LNL (minus the cocking piece). It is about 9-10" in length, and about 4-5" in height. It's about 1" wide.

-Coop

P.S. As soon as I take another trip there, I'll start a topic to sell them.

#14335 Dollar Store Blaster

Posted by Exis on 14 December 2003 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Alright, I dug the packaging out of the trash. It's a Chinese company called Qiang Xiang. The actual gun is called a "Mini Bullet Toys Gun." <-- sounds roughly translated

Yes, it does get those ranges, believe it or not. Also, I find it to be more comfortable than the LNL or TTG. <-- open to discussion, obviously

-Coop

#14321 Dollar Store Blaster

Posted by Exis on 14 December 2003 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Sorry about the L'N'L crack, but I'm really excited about this gun. Alright, here it is!

Posted Image

Kind of ugly, right? Also, the five darts that it came with were a) ugly and -_- different sizes. Happily, it is a spring gun (you pull the maroon knob on the back) and one or two good darts made this gun shoot about 50 feet. Wow. For one dollar, sure.

Posted Image

That's what I did to 'em. They get 70-80ft this way. They're a dream to mod, too.

When I looked inside, I saw a workhorse, much akin to the Xbow. One, GIGANTIC air chamber filled the shell, with a two-piece trigger assembly. What I did, with all the similarities, was to make a three-piece, semi-telescoping barrel assembly, then shove it in, and tape it up. This is the assembly:

Outside
3" piece of 5/8" ID K&S brass
4" piece of 9/16"
3" piece of 17/32"
Inside

The 5/8 and 9/16 are flush, and the 17/32 protrudes from the 9/16 by about one half inch. As I said, I simply shoved this in (It sticks, as the original barrel telescopes a bit anyways) then taped it up just to be sure. Finally, I added a First Shot ammo holder on each of the original dart holders.

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Flames?
Go for it!

-Coop

#14079 Nerfhq?

Posted by Exis on 11 December 2003 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

Kuhl-whatever yur name is, give HIM some slack. I posted a topic just like this, and if froggy/slicer had any sense in him, he would have checked earlier posts. So shut up--unless you have something reasonable to say, don't just post a flame.

-Coop

#14010 What Your Main Gun Looks Like

Posted by Exis on 10 December 2003 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

Not yet, you didn't. :D

-Coop

#13941 The Original Mod.

Posted by Exis on 09 December 2003 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

Cool! Hopefully you can succeed where others have failed... etc.

It does look awesome has a sawed-off pistol, so maybe I'll try it with that and see what happens. As you can see in NHQ's "Hazel: TTG Mod" or whatever topic, my TTG barrel is a wee bit too long to be a pistol any more... :lol:

-Coop

#13924 The Original Mod.

Posted by Exis on 08 December 2003 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Alright, but I'm still not entirely convinced. My attempts at this have failed... horribly. Good luck with yours, however.

-Coop

#13921 The Original Mod.

Posted by Exis on 08 December 2003 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Okay. I'm going to sound like a real critic here, but... no.

Good Thangs:
Fast Shot... maybe
Looks Horrendous (fear factor)

Not-So-Good Thangs:
You need to replace the rubberband each time you shoot
You only have 10 shots, as it is impossibly to get the barrel to both the inner and outer ring
Bad seal
Looks Horrendous
NO

-Coop

#13888 What Your Main Gun Looks Like

Posted by Exis on 08 December 2003 - 06:58 AM in General Nerf

;) Posted Image
Posted Image

Look ugly... work good... well... ugh :blink:

-Coop

#13814 Eab And Lnl...similarities?

Posted by Exis on 06 December 2003 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Yeah... so did I...
But seriously, you will notice that they made a slight attempt at creativity by molding the grips slightly differently. Also, the EAB handle is made of two distinct pieces of plastic, whereas the others are one.

-Coop ;)

#13742 Single Barrelling A Rapid Fire 20

Posted by Exis on 05 December 2003 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

I have successfully created an interchangeable clip RF20. It does reduce the range somewhat, but I have been working on another version in which the inner ring of barrels are brass-modded. It actually works!

-Coop

#13704 Maxshot Mod

Posted by Exis on 04 December 2003 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Alright boys 'n' girls... I need an ultra-powerful maxshot mod. Any materials but PETG, brass prefered. Thanks!

-Coop

#13536 Nerf Hq?

Posted by Exis on 02 December 2003 - 06:42 AM in General Nerf

Thanks to everyone that (GASP!) gave real answers!
Yes, that's great that its noob central, but I was just making sure that it wasn't gone or anything--I have a number of very important deals going through right now...

Thanks to some,
Coop

#13502 Nerf Hq?

Posted by Exis on 01 December 2003 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

Is NerfHQ still alive? It was under construction for a while there, now it seems to be... GONE! :ph34r:

-Coop