MithMorchaint's Content

There have been 122 items by MithMorchaint (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#231267 Foam Ballistic Shield!

Posted by MithMorchaint on 19 May 2009 - 11:30 AM in Homemades

I'd like to join the "this is a really cool idea" school of thought.

I have often regretted the fact that arrow and missile-firing guns just get converted to dart-firing and the missiles go to waste. This is a great way to incorporate those guns and ammunition types into the game and I, for one, love it.

#208063 Paper Speedloaders

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 January 2009 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Paper is actually pretty strong when in multiple layers (as it seems to be here).

#206299 Fotoshop.

Posted by MithMorchaint on 25 January 2009 - 03:35 PM in Off Topic

I used to do a lot more drawing in PS than I do now. Most of what I do now is photography, but I use PS to process the shots if they need it. This is one of the obviously processed ones: desaturated the entire image and then used a second layer to add the original eye coloring back in.

Posted Image

Rest of my photos aren't heavily worked-on so they don't fit in this thread.

Edit: by way of comparison, the original:

Posted Image

#201509 Death Note Fans! Zac Efron Is Going To Play As Light Yagami (rumor

Posted by MithMorchaint on 06 January 2009 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

There are already 2 live action Death Note movies made in Japan a few years ago. They're pretty good, though not as good as the anime.

Doing an American version will only end in tears.

#197524 World Of Warcraft

Posted by MithMorchaint on 20 December 2008 - 05:13 PM in Off Topic

Personally, I have learned that video games are a big waste of time unless you play it with your friends (brawl). Seriously, in RPGs, you level up to a really high level and waste a whole bunch of time on it. It really doesn't help you in any way except a way to pass the time. If your playing with friends face to face, there's also communication and bonding involved. Don't stay inside wasting your life on a video game.

Go play a sport, Learn an instrument, mod a nerf gun. These things are much more worthy of your time.

You can learn a lot more by not playing video games.

Video games are no more a waste of time than anything else. If you get enjoyment out of it, it is worthwhile. Personally, I find playing an instrument or playing sports to be mind-numbingly boring. It's all personal preference.

That being said, WoW does suck a lot of people in and ruin many lives. I think it is best to avoid it, but that is my opinion. Many people play it and don't get addicted, so it's really just up to the person. However, I strongly recommend to anyone who plays that you watch how much you play and if you see it becoming an addiction, quit.

#193272 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by MithMorchaint on 01 December 2008 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

I picked up a new digital camera on Black Friday. A 10.1 megapixel Canon Rebel XS DSLR. Usually $600, got it for $500. Hoo-rah. Also got an 8GB HCSD card for it. What's more, it came with a free $100 printer. Pretty good deal.

#191671 My New Promotional Project

Posted by MithMorchaint on 24 November 2008 - 12:38 PM in Off Topic

I don't really like that design, but that's just my opinion. It looks to me like it was dashed off in a few minutes (though I'm assuming that isn't the case). I don't know, I think you should abandon the messy/childish look and go for something sleeker.

It's called retro, not a messy/childish style. Don't worry, I am currently working on sleek poster, complete with 3-D drawings, and if I can figure it out, a poster that actually IS 3d (with those glasses)

Again, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem very "retro". It just looks like it was done in Paint (which, if that's your thing, is fine).

I do look forward to seeing the 3D modeled stuff though.

#191669 Crooks-bow

Posted by MithMorchaint on 24 November 2008 - 12:30 PM in Modifications

Very well executed, but it seems quite large and unwieldy to me. Maybe that is just how it looks, though.

Either way, a good mod.

#191435 My New Promotional Project

Posted by MithMorchaint on 23 November 2008 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

I don't really like that design, but that's just my opinion. It looks to me like it was dashed off in a few minutes (though I'm assuming that isn't the case). I don't know, I think you should abandon the messy/childish look and go for something sleeker.

#190386 My New Promotional Project

Posted by MithMorchaint on 17 November 2008 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

Why not just integrate your project with Bags's documentary? Let them do the film work, you work on the other stuff. It gives their project more meaning as a part of a whole, and it saves you having to do all that work. No reason to re-invent the wheel, as they say.

I would buy an actual 'Nerf' symbol pro deck.

For copyright reasons, he's not going to be able to sell anything bearing the Nerf logo.

#190338 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by MithMorchaint on 17 November 2008 - 07:58 PM in Off Topic

Keep in mind also how much 'hardware upgrading' you actually do. I usually buy a new computer rather that new components, because it isn't worth it to me to buy a $150 processor, $500 mother board, and $100 hard drive to "upgrade" my $400 4-year-old Toshiba.

This may be kind of nit-picking, but your prices are way off. Processors can cost that much or more, sure, but motherboards? I've never paid over $100 for one.

#190041 New, Broken Secret Strike

Posted by MithMorchaint on 16 November 2008 - 03:05 PM in General Nerf

I bought one that does not work as well; it won't pump up. I got mine from Toys R Us.

#189778 Massachusetts

Posted by MithMorchaint on 14 November 2008 - 11:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I would probably be game, depending on where in the state it is. I live around Boston, so having it out near Springfield would be a stretch for how far I'm willing to drive (though it would still be possible).

#189294 Singled Titan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 12 November 2008 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

So it's pretty much this?

#188516 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by MithMorchaint on 09 November 2008 - 03:44 PM in Off Topic

Slug kind of pointed it out, but why did you pick a Dell laptop to compare with a Macbook? There are much better Windows-running laptops out there than those made by Dell. At work we get Dell laptops unless specifically requested otherwise, so I have a lot of experience with them. Don't get a Dell.

Also, to address the "there are no viruses for Macs" thing: that's 100% crap. I work doing internal tech support for a major company and people have to bring their Macs in for us to remove viruses fairly frequently. It used to be true that there were no viruses for OSX; it isn't any more.

My recommendation is to get a Windows-running laptop, not OSX. I don't recommend Dells since they tend to break fairly easily (though that is more true of some models than others). My girlfriend has a Toshiba laptop that she has had for going on 5 years now and it has never once had a problem; Toshiba might be a good brand to look at. Another solid possibility is Sony, though I don't specifically know much about their laptops.

One more thing: when getting a Windows-running laptop you'll have to decide between Vista and XP. There are pros and cons to both of them. Vista is what is usually included by default now, so it will be cheaper in most cases to get that. However, it really comes down to personal preference. Vista has bugs, so does XP. Which interface do you like more? Getting XP will also probably add about $150 to the price.

As a non-technical addendum, I'd like to add that nearly every person I know who has opted to buy a Macbook has regretted it for various reasons. Not all of them, just most of them. A lot of the things you hear about how great they are is exaggerated, so you might find yourself disappointed when you get one.

#187838 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by MithMorchaint on 06 November 2008 - 02:49 PM in Modifications

The game is already out. I got it with the gun.

And yes, the Wiimote goes in the top of the gun, replacing the plunger tube module.

#187734 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by MithMorchaint on 05 November 2008 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Theoretically, the module can fire on its own. However, there is no trigger attached to it so you'd have to build in a way to fire it or else push the release with a pen or something similar. All the gun shell really does is add a trigger to it.

Kid Flash: Basically. In size and function they are about the same. However, the way that the barrel, AR, and plunger tube are attached is different than in an NF.

#187722 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by MithMorchaint on 05 November 2008 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

I picked up a Switch Shot EX-3 tonight and opened it up (http://images.entert...CHNR66755lg.jpg if you don't know what it is). I did a basic spring upgrade with a piece of one I had laying around, as well as a CPVC barrel replacement that also removes the AR. I don't think anyone has posted mods for this gun yet, so I thought I'd throw a writeup here. I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures, my good camera is currently not at college with me.

(Edit: It has come to my attention that somebody else already did a brass barrel replacement on this gun, so that's not a first.)

The gun module:
Posted Image

There are four screws on the other side. Unscrew those and it will pop open, no problem. No glue. Just watch out for the catch's spring, it likes to come out.

The internals. About as simple as they come (I flipped it around from the last picture):
Posted Image

The arrangement is essentially identical to that of the NF.

In addition to the air restrictor, the opening at the barrel-end of the plunger tube is horribly small (this picture is taken from the back end of the tube):
Posted Image

The spring and plunger:
Posted Image

One screw holds the plunger head onto the rod. Unscrew that and you can add a new spring.

With the new spring added:
Posted Image

Now, the barrel replacement and AR removal. The AR is in the middle of several glued-together pieces, one of which is the barrel. I decided to simply cut off the barrel, allowing access to the AR. Once I removed the AR a new barrel could be inserted.

What we're working with:
Posted Image

I cut around the barrel, removing it. This is with the barrel removed but AR still in place. There is a small lip which holds it in.
Posted Image

I shaved around the inside of the opening that is now there until it was large enough for a piece of CPVC to fit in. Incidentally, that also enlarged the hole enough for the AR to come out with a bit of cutting where it is attached to the sides.
Posted Image

I didn't like how small the hole going from the tube to the barrel was, so I similarly enlarge that by shaving around it with a knife. You could also just drill it out.
Posted Image

With that done, I simply hammered the new CPVC barrel in and glued it in place. I should point out that you have to be careful how long you make the barrel, since one which is too long will not allow the module to fit into the gun's frame.
Posted Image

Re-assembled the module.
Posted Image

And popped it into the shell.
Posted Image

Ranges are good, though I have no way to measure them currently. My estimate would be between 50 and 70 feet, but that could be off. Either way, its power is increased significantly by doing these basic mods.

#186832 Vulcan Sentry Gun In Progress

Posted by MithMorchaint on 01 November 2008 - 01:17 PM in Modifications

This may be of some use to you:

http://technorati.co.....v=XzYdthtTuAE

I found another instruction set for one that actually tracks motion/colors, but it costs about $3000 to build so I doubt you want it.

#183236 Eliminator Write-up

Posted by MithMorchaint on 12 October 2008 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

MithMorchaint, read the writeup. I did do a barrel replacement. I inserted 17/32" brass into the original barrel.

Yes, and I was saying you can also do a barrel replacement, not sticking brass in the original one.

You could easily replace the barrel with CPVC. CPVC fits very nicely into the front piece that holds the stock barrel in place. All you'd have to do is glue a piece of CPVC into the front piece, and then wrap E-tape around the back of it to act as an o-ring.

Yes. That is what I did, works very well.

#183006 Eliminator Write-up

Posted by MithMorchaint on 11 October 2008 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

You can do a barrel replacement on these too, with little difficulty. I did it on mine, increased ranges slightly.

#164908 Official Humans Vs. Zombies Forums Now Online!

Posted by MithMorchaint on 28 July 2008 - 08:28 AM in General Nerf

I'm sure that as the games start to pick up at schools in the fall more people will join the forum. HVZ:S runs the games at my school (Connecticut College) and most of the people I know who play won't be looking at the site again until the fall.

#162523 Av To Usb?

Posted by MithMorchaint on 12 July 2008 - 02:52 PM in Off Topic

I'm putting this in this topic because I don't think it deserves a whole new one.
Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of something that you could connect 2 ethernet cables with.

Depends one what you're using them for...

#161842 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by MithMorchaint on 07 July 2008 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

To add my two cents, I'd go with the Spinfusor from the game Tribes. What an awesome gun.

What an awesome game. I was sad when the servers went offline, though I know somebody hosted a number of servers for it for a while. Then they brought them back online briefly for the re-release, and now they're back off again.

Somebody said that the Gravity Gun in HL2 is excellent, and it certainly is, but the first time a gravity gun appeared in an FPS game (as far as I know) was in a Tribes mod.

I am feeling serious nostalgia for Tribes right now. First online game I ever played.

#161838 My Longshot

Posted by MithMorchaint on 07 July 2008 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

There is quite a difference between a volatile language and {snip} points with the interviewer.

You're wrong, and I can explain why if you'd like. If you'd like to pursue it, PM me or start a topic in the Off Topic area. Otherwise, let us be done with this.

That gun is looking very nice. I'm particularly fond of the side-mounted accessory rails, I might see if I can put one of those on one of my larger guns (though it would require the destruction of the rail portion of another gun, sadly).

If I may ask, what is the practical value of the low-cap mag? I mean, it has a smaller size, clearly, but I don't see how that is really practical. The 6/7-dart clip is not terribly large and I don't find that it gets in the way. As far as I can see, the size reduction from the low-cap one is not a large enough benefit to reduce the amount of darts in the clip. That's just me, though.

#161790 Av To Usb?

Posted by MithMorchaint on 07 July 2008 - 08:06 AM in Off Topic

First result from google:

http://cooldrives.st...usdvviavus.html

There you go.

I don't know Macs very well, my experience is with PCs, but you might have a way to connect it to your video card. I know my Radeon has a dongle that lets basically any cable format plug into it. Might want to look into that before buying anything. Maybe your computer came with something similar.

Or you could get a TV.

#161222 The Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 02 July 2008 - 08:23 AM in General Nerf

you have clearly never fired a gun.

That being said, this is nerf, not mil-sim, so the issue isn't weight at all. However, a stock gives you something to steady your aim with (your shoulder), and thus makes you more accurate.

I would thank you not to make baseless judgements, especially since I am proficient with both shotguns and smallish rifles.

And the point I've been trying to make is that how much the stock helps entirely depends on the person. For some people it helps, for some it doesn't.

And besides, if you want a stock, making it yourself will make it fit all your requirements, and will be good practice towards other things. And if you don't want a stock, you don't want a stock, but someone else might.

This.

#161156 The Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 01 July 2008 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

Unless you buy lots of chains in whole sale and make a 1000 round clip and your loading it for 6 hours before a war and go RAMBO style.

And here we were, having a productive discussion.

As has already been addressed, a stock doesn't really help the weight of a gun - weight pulls down, not back. Also, we won't know what the recoil on the Vulcan is like until someone uses one, but I'm willing to bet that it is negligible (just like in every other Nerf gun).

And to add my opinion the the most recent point: accuracy will be important with the Vulcan, just as with every other Nerf gun. A 25-dart belt will not supply enough ammo for extended spraying. I agree that an extended belt is going to be a nightmare to deal with, though I imagine it will be possible to make a larger box for it. Then, however, you get size and mobility problems.

Bottom line: accuracy is important. But, I still don't think a stock will help that.

#161096 The Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 01 July 2008 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

Yes, accuracy is key. But if you're firing the gun from a tripod...you don't need a stock. We still don't know how heavy this is, exactly, so firing it in a rifle position might not be comfortable anyway, stock or not.

Also, some people need a stock and others don't. When using my BBB there is no stock, yet I'm quite accurate with it. On the other hand, I find bracing the Recon or Longshot stock on my shoulder makes it harder to aim. It's all about the person. Saying "Having a stock makes the gun more accurate (because it is easier for the person to aim)." is simply an opinion. Maybe it makes it more accurate for you, but it doesn't for everyone.

Another point would be that because darts can fly unpredicatbly, accuracy is usually unstable at best. Yes, the better you aim the more likely it is to hit the person/target, but a matter of an inch or two up or down won't change things a whole lot.

And how do you address pistols, then? Those don't have stocks, but can be extremely accurate.

Edit: And "spray and pray" usually refers to firing blindly without trying to aim. Firing from the hip is not the same thing, if you're actually aiming the gun.

#161094 Chatroom

Posted by MithMorchaint on 01 July 2008 - 02:47 PM in Site Feedback

Also, most of the time the channel just degenerates into off-topic conversation anyway.

Not really a bad thing.

And yes, I think a big part of the problem is that most people my age and younger (low 20's and younger) aren't familiar with IRC. It used to get a lot more use, but AIM has kind of edged it out. Oh well. I'll be on again tonight.

I didn't get much of an idea for how many people came in last night since I was away from the computer doing other things a big chunk of the night (oops). I need to do some work on my other computer tonight, so I'll be around more.

It seems as though the predictions by Badger, OMC, and myself (and now Langley and VACC) were correct and not many people are interested. A couple people did stop in for a bit, but there wasn't a huge turnout. If that is the trend tonight as well I'm not going to bother with it any more and will continue the experiment a success insofar as it proved one way or another whether this is worth pursuing at this time.

#160997 Chatroom

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 June 2008 - 02:22 PM in Site Feedback

Let me start by saying, I don't really expect that this will catch on either. It would be awesome if it did, but I don't think it will. However, in just about every mod-concept thread, the general response is "well, try it and see if it works". Somebody posted an idea, and we're trying it. It doesn't cost me anything to set up the server, and if nobody shows up then nobody shows up. Nothing gained, but nothing lost.

The reality is, it will not work for long if at all. Vets will get tired of the same questions, and most conversations can be handled on the boards or in person at wars (if you actually GO to them).

While people can certainly ask questions in the chat room, I think it is really more just a place for people to hang out and... chat. The members don't really socialize except at wars, so this would give them a place outside of the Haven to just chat. Do I think it's going to catch on? Probably not. Is it worth a try? Sure. Like I said, doesn't cost me anything.

Let's just drop this topic. If someone wants to host an IRC, be my guest, but good luck getting anyone in the room for more than 10 seconds.

Well, that's what this is testing. If anybody wants to just hang out and chat. If nobody does, then we don't do it again. As I keep saying, it doesn't cost me anything to set up the room. Since I frequent other rooms on Gamesurge.net, I'm on there anyway.

I think the big difference between this attempt and previous attempts is that this room will be accesible via a Java web app (which I'll make sure works once I get home). All of the other times the downloaded client has been necessary, but this one will hopefully be available just by clicking a link.

In any case, we will see. It's an experiment.

Edit: The Java App works. http://www.gamesurge.../chat/NerfHaven

#160982 Chatroom

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 June 2008 - 12:02 PM in Site Feedback

It isn't a website. I thought people would be familiar with IRC.

You need to either download an IRC client (I use Alienhead, Google it) or use the java app to connect to it.

If you download and install Alienhead, this is how to connect to the channel:

Open Alienhead.
Type /s irc.gamesurge.net
Hit enter.
Wait for the text to stop scrolling.
Type /j NerfHaven
Done.

Alienhead plays sounds when you connect to a server, so I suggest muting your speakers until you're in the channel.

The Java App should work by going to http://www.gamesurge.../chat/NerfHaven

That won't have anything in it until later on.

Edit: Here is a list of IRC clients. http://en.wikipedia...._of_IRC_clients
I've only ever used Alienhead (which isn't even on that list, somehow) so I can't support any of those, but they should all be basically the same.

#160978 Chatroom

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 June 2008 - 10:05 AM in Site Feedback

I know this is a few days old, but I have something to add.

When I read this, my first thought was IRC. It's free, relatively easy to use, and you can create your own channel pretty easily.

I did a search to see if this had been done. As it turns out, it has been tried two or three times in the past, as recently as March of this year. It seems like it dies a slow death each time because of lack of interest.

However, I am willing to set up a channel when I get home and monitor it. I can create a channel on Gamesurge for free, and register it for administrative tools and whatever else (which is also free) if it turns out people start going.

So. Here is the deal. I get home at about 6PM Eastern time (US) which I believe is GMT -5. I will set up the channel at that time, and I will be in it all night from 6PM to midnight. I cannot promise to always be available to talk (I know I have to go out for about an hour), but I will be logged in there for those 6 hours. I will try to do this both tonight and tomorrow night (tomorrow night will be the same deal as tonight). If people do not show up and talk either night, I will assume it is because nobody is interested, and this topic will be answered.

So, the information.

Tonight (June 30) and tomorrow night (July 1), around 6PM - midnight, Eastern Time
Server: irc.gamesurge.net
Channel: NerfHaven

My handle is usually Mich, though it might be MithMorchaint or Rabeckar if Mich is in use when I log in.

So, let's see if people show up.

Edit: Aha! Because of Daylight Savings, Eastern Standard Time is currently GMT -4.

#160977 Soldier Of Tomorrow

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 June 2008 - 09:45 AM in Homemades

Another direction you could go with this is that instead of the pump actually being in the shoe, just use the motion of walking to operate the pump.

This would only work with an air tank design (as in a compressed air tank - think Titan), not the stomp-'n-fire design, but it might be more practical in the long run than the shoes.

What I'm thinking is, the chamber of the pump is strapped or somehow attached the the thigh with the pumping handle facing downward. The handle is then strapped to the lower leg, near the ankle (either on the foot or above the ankle on the calf). Because the motion of walking bends the leg, it would operate the pump every time you take a step (think of the motion you use here - the leg bends, then goes straight, then bends again, etc). This would pump an air tank. An overpressure valve would be needed to keep the tank from overinflating if you walk for too long without firing, but that's easy enough.

The pump would certainly need to be both large and sturdy, but I think it could be done. There would also need to be some room for movement in the pump mounting, since your leg does not go straight up and down while walking.

Anyway, just a thought.

#160973 The Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 30 June 2008 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

- Its firing mechanism is based on the traditional spring and plunger design, and not the spinning wheel design a la Tommy 20. The electric motor is used to pull the plunger back.

Since I heard about this gun I sincerely hoped that this was the case. This has the most mod potential, as far as I can see, and I would gladly sacrifice ROF for this design.

Assuming that guy knows what he's talking about.

#160918 The Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 29 June 2008 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

You know, the one thing that ticks me off about the Vulcan is that it doesn't have a stock. Think about it, the Magstrike has a stock, the Longshot has a stock, the Firefly is has a stock, even the Recon has a stock. So ... why not the Vulcan? The Vulcan is fired like a medium or light machine gun and both of those have a stock.

All of those are more or less Rifle configurations, or at least are meant to be held like a rifle. The Vulcan is apparently supposed to mainly be used on a tripod, so why bother with a stock?

#160761 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by MithMorchaint on 28 June 2008 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

Kid Flash - I don't know specifically, but I looked around online and something said that hard drive magnets typically have 8-10 lbs of pull force. That sounds reasonable to me, having played with these a bit. Hope that helps.

#160732 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by MithMorchaint on 27 June 2008 - 09:38 PM in Homemades

Did you even read the posts before my last one? My guess is no.

For your benefit, let me quote it here:

One thing that I came up with when I was conceptualizing this a while ago might help solve the problem of how to attach the magnet to the gun.

Instead of gluing/taping/whatevering the magnet to the outside of the gun, put the magnet inside the gun in the same spot. The internal structure of the shell should help hold it in place, but the major benefits here are that 1.) the magnet won't be ugly/get in the way on the outside of the gun and 2.) the magnet's force will be applied to the shell, so the glue behind it would only need to hold it in place. The glue/epoxy/whatever wouldn't have any stress placed on it. This wouldn't work very well on certain small guns, but for the vast majority it would be fine.

An improvement on the other end of this, what I would call the "mounting" (in this case it is the piece in your pocket), would be to get a belt of some kind and sew metal plates (or magnets) into the inside or backside of it. This way your pocket stays clear for darts or whatever else you need, and the belt wouldn't get in the way or bounce around when not in use.

Yes, I know that putting it inside the gun makes the magnetic link weaker. I have a fair amount of experience with magnets, though it's generally more with electromagnets. Please do not talk down to me.

I'm sorry if this post is harsh, but if you had bothered to read the other posts you would have understood what was going on.

In other news, I spent a little while tonight playing with this a little more. Placing a magnet inside the handle of a crossfire and then a magnet in my pocket was not strong enough to hold it, so it looks like you either have to use the original magnet-on-the-outside-of-the-gun idea or get stronger magnets.

#160679 Lancer

Posted by MithMorchaint on 27 June 2008 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

Not to mention, if the game is being released in November (is that right? that's what I heard) it's far too late to go changing weapon models. Well, I suppose they COULD, but they wouldn't.

#160675 Nerf Vulcan

Posted by MithMorchaint on 27 June 2008 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Shut up notthedinkus atleast he's come up with an idea for the longshot.

Jesus Christ, chill out. He's allowed to critisize a design. That's how things get better.

BalisticJoe - I'm having a hard time following your design, and I think that a lot of other people probably are too. Can you visualize it a little better than this? Also, if you punctuate a little better your written descriptions might make more sense.

I understand the single-fire mode, but the automatic one escapes me. Like notthedinkus said, I don't think an air pump would be able to launch the darts very far, if at all, so I feel like I'm missing something.