Out To Lunch's Content

There have been 14 items by Out To Lunch (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#177473 Non-nerf Applications Of Nerf Guns

Posted by Out To Lunch on 15 September 2008 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

My Nerf blasters are primarily employed as a nontoxic means of pest control these days. Hanging black widow spiders and other nasties that I'd rather not approach can be readily dispatched with a steady aim and a modified Airtech 2000.

#113354 Supermaxx Fuses

Posted by Out To Lunch on 27 June 2007 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

That's a pretty good idea. I'll take that into consideration for any future modifications / homemades I do, since my friends tend to be rather forgetful of how many times they've pumped my guns. It's led to the death of a WildFire and Supermaxx 3000 so far.

#100696 Cardboard Couch

Posted by Out To Lunch on 02 March 2007 - 11:10 PM in Off Topic

That's pretty much what I had in mind, except having the criss-crossed boards reach the ground rather than sit atop two columns.

To accomplish this, just cut each sheet so that there are several slots going half-way through. Then other pieces that have been notched in the same way can be inserted into these slots.

#100693 Cardboard Couch

Posted by Out To Lunch on 02 March 2007 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

In the bottom part of the couch, put in lots of criss-crossing sheets of corrugated board, all vertical. The "grain" should also be running vertical. If you don't understand what I mean, I could provide an illustration.

#98690 1oo' Nightfinder Mod! Well Almost...

Posted by Out To Lunch on 23 January 2007 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

The apparent slant of the barrel is likely due to the angle at which the picture was taken. Note that the other features of the gun slant in a similar manner.

Given my experiences with Nitefinders, It is difficult for me to believe that the internals of said weapon could handle the force needed to achieve those ranges. Under what exact conditions were those shots measured?

#94552 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Out To Lunch on 15 November 2006 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

777 for me.

#91372 I'm Pissed

Posted by Out To Lunch on 06 October 2006 - 05:55 PM in Off Topic

It is not fair to say that all Nerfers are failures at life. Isn't Boltsniper an engineer or something? Anyways....

I'd recommend discussing this with your dad in a calm, logical way. Having an explosive argument is likely to not solve anything, as he still retains the parental right to do whatever he wants to you and your Nerf guns.

#90712 Abandonware Dos Games Disscussion

Posted by Out To Lunch on 28 September 2006 - 04:39 PM in Off Topic

A year or two ago, I started playing One Must Fall: 2097 again after about seven years of dormancy. At about the same time, I was also playing Begin 2, a turn-based starship simulator that takes place in the Star Trek: TOS universe. Ah, good times those were.

#85485 Zoom

Posted by Out To Lunch on 21 July 2006 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

What do you mean by "liberalistic"? The meaning of that word is amorphous at best.

#85345 Nerfhaven Unusually Slow?

Posted by Out To Lunch on 19 July 2006 - 01:38 PM in Site Feedback

I have had this problem as well. Hopefully, something that will be cleared up shortly....

#84613 Psi. Question

Posted by Out To Lunch on 08 July 2006 - 10:45 PM in Homemades

A two foot barrel and one foot airtank is rather excessive. You would probably hit more than 100' with half of both of those measures. Of course, I suppose that depends on what PSI you'll be operating at. I doubt that the pressures would be anything too dangerous unless this thing has been poorly assembled. I recommend experimentation.

#84562 Boltsniper Bs-9 Nerf Tactical Sidearm

Posted by Out To Lunch on 07 July 2006 - 11:15 PM in Homemades

This design, in my opinion, has much greater potential for the Nerfing community than did the FAR. After looking over the pictures of the internals and whatnot, it is pretty obvious that construction of a variant of this weapon would be relatively easy, but there's something even better about this simplistic design than that. It seems to me that modifying existing spring-powered blasters to accomodate a few extra parts (a bolt, slide, breech, and magazine of some sort) would be a viable alternative to building one of these from the ground up. I myself have begun work on such a modification to one of my NiteFinders.

Thank you, Bolt, for your inspiration.

#19123 Happy Nerfhaven Valentine's Day

Posted by Out To Lunch on 16 February 2004 - 12:24 AM in Off Topic

I can't think of a holiday I loathe more than Valentine's Day.... :(

#13109 Help Broken Powerclip

Posted by Out To Lunch on 21 November 2003 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

I have a PowerClip that does the same thing. Strangely, it only does it once in a long while... only when im in a war B) .