nicholasy11's Content

There have been 29 items by nicholasy11 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#310617 Stampede Firing Problem

Posted by nicholasy11 on 03 February 2012 - 10:32 AM in Modifications

Well it seems as if you have... glued the dart tooth in the barrel. If I understand what you're saying, you have taken the part of the blaster which pushes the dart into the barrel and then retracts so that the blaster can fire, and glued it in a place where the tooth no longer retracts to allow the dart to exit the barrel. Open your Stampede back up, and remove the dart tooth to put it back where you found it. After that, follow more modding guides before you attempt anything this silly again.

#310464 Wars in North California?

Posted by nicholasy11 on 31 January 2012 - 11:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think anyone would want to go to a war hosted by an 11 year old.

Oh, Katanas, show some respect sometimes. I would actually be very interested in was in northern California. BAFF is the group whos wars I attend most often, but that's not saying much. It can be hard to justify four hours of driving just to play Nerf at times.

#309980 Barrel Break Help

Posted by nicholasy11 on 22 January 2012 - 11:45 PM in General Nerf

What parts are you having problems with? If you don't figure it out today I have one siting open in the living room. I could get you better pictures of the parts tomorrow.

If you could, that would be great. I'm having trouble with just the assembly of the barrels that you pull down to cock the blaster mostly as well as some of the smaller parts in the middle. Thank you.

#309973 Barrel Break Help

Posted by nicholasy11 on 22 January 2012 - 11:12 PM in General Nerf

Well, I opened up my barrel break and performed some minor modifications to it, however, while opening it, I was so excited to get into the blaster, that i forgot to take pictures of how everything fits together. :blush: I have studied internal pictures for long periods of time trying to piece my blaster back together with no success. Anyway, if anyone could help me get my blaster back together it would be much appreciated and I promise to give something back to the Nerf community in return if I can. Thank you.

#308273 Right, well, I found this interesting thing...

Posted by nicholasy11 on 14 December 2011 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I for one don't play milsim with thermal scopes in long grass fields at night. I know we have an eyeclops scope thing for night vision but its not very practical. Unless you have a homemade hitting withinh 5 feet of each shot I don't see the point in aim down a scope. Oh by the way that link is dead.

I don't think that he is using the scope to aim the blaster at people, but just to find where they're hiding.

#307940 Buzz Bee Rogue Mod

Posted by nicholasy11 on 30 November 2011 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

I like this. It's a very simple and effective mod. 4 50 foot shots seems pretty good for a cheap blaster such as this one and I can see it as a good side arm in indoor and moor arena like fields.

#307883 Nerfers in North California

Posted by nicholasy11 on 28 November 2011 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

This is a thread for Southern CALIFORNIA nerfers....

This is a thread for NORTHERN California nerfers....

#307872 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nicholasy11 on 28 November 2011 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

Here's my element shits and giggles bow with eraser's maverick turret speedloader:

Posted Image

#307864 Maverick turret speedloader

Posted by nicholasy11 on 28 November 2011 - 12:14 AM in Modifications

Very nice bow! I love making things for the shiggles. Thanks for posting your speedloader! I like seeing how others turn out. How do you like it?

I like it lots, man. It's a great idea I think for old maverick turrets.

#307848 Maverick turret speedloader

Posted by nicholasy11 on 27 November 2011 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

You need to re-size the source picture, and then re-upload it. There isn't a way to do it directly from nerfhaven. You can use an image editor, or an online tool. I would suggest a width of 800 at most.
Cute gun. Bow power is the best .

haha. That's mostly my shits and giggles gun It's got a small spring in it still just to give it a little bit more power.

#307843 Maverick turret speedloader

Posted by nicholasy11 on 27 November 2011 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

All done! Here it is on my Element bow: Posted Image

edited for resized picture

#307596 Maverick turret speedloader

Posted by nicholasy11 on 20 November 2011 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Great job! I love it! I'm gonna go build this tomorrow with the old mav turret I have laying in my desk somewhere...

#307383 Nerfers in North California

Posted by nicholasy11 on 15 November 2011 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in Sonoma County, specifically Santa Rosa. BAFF meetings are the closest to me that I know of and they're hard for me to attend. I haven't made it in a few months. If someone can get a war going close to Sonoma County, that would be ideal.

#294759 Baff #17

Posted by nicholasy11 on 20 February 2011 - 11:43 AM in Nerf Wars

another maybe but unprobable. my mom hates taking me so far to play nerf.

#293653 Mcmaster Carr 1/2" Cpvc Seaching

Posted by nicholasy11 on 31 January 2011 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Ace hardware has what you need if you have one nearby.

#293522 Stefan Machine

Posted by nicholasy11 on 29 January 2011 - 12:53 AM in Darts and Barrels

Acctually, shmee, I'm thinking I'll just have the wood stopper too. also, insted of the wet/dry vac, just a little button beneath the stefan blank that will push the foam out.

#293478 Stefan Machine

Posted by nicholasy11 on 28 January 2011 - 12:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

I like that ms paint diagram. I've got some time tomorrow, I think I'll try that. If I do I'll post some pics up here :)

#291935 Stampede Shield In Wars

Posted by nicholasy11 on 31 December 2010 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

would an arm mounted gun count as a hit if it hit what was on your arm or would that count as a gun hit

If it hits your arm then YOU are hit.

#291421 Baff #16

Posted by nicholasy11 on 23 December 2010 - 07:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna be a possible again. Hopefully though I will make it this time! Happy holidays everyone!

#291345 Longshot Modification Write-up Warning: Picture Heavy

Posted by nicholasy11 on 22 December 2010 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

ranges? also, I would like to suggest a DTB integration. I love this write up for how clear and concise it is. Thank you.

#290113 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 05 December 2010 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

so how was it?

#289983 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 04 December 2010 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Blue, are you the same blue that plays altitude and tattled on me to a troll?

Uh... No? The only other Blue account that's me is on SSCentral.

Thank god. If you were I think I would have to just off myself now

Anyways, I will not be able to make it this month, but I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a new years war/mod party on the 8th? possibly earlier or even on the 1st, cause that's also a saturday!

Email list is used for planning, you should sign up for it if you have not already done so.

yeah I'm already on the list

#289974 New Nerf Gun

Posted by nicholasy11 on 03 December 2010 - 11:40 PM in News

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the motorized guns, they always manage to have spectacular jams. But if you can make it a manual prime and fire, then it could be the maverick's cooler older brother that's much easier to reload.

...not sure why you would put a stock on a pistol though

well i'm expecting it to be about the same size as a recon, so if the stock makes sense there, it should, in theory, make sense as well here.

#289845 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 02 December 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Uh... No? The only other Blue account that's me is on SSCentral.

Thank god. If you were I think I would have to just off myself now

Anyways, I will not be able to make it this month, but I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a new years war/mod party on the 8th? possibly earlier or even on the 1st, cause that's also a saturday!

#289598 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 01 December 2010 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

#289565 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 30 November 2010 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm bay area of course, just its a little bit farther for me than for the rest of you. 2 hours by car one way, but it's totally worth it.

#289463 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 30 November 2010 - 07:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Katanas must be Max? Put me down as maybe. are there any local airports that anyone goes by on the way to the war? If so, I could fly down and then pile in someone elses car and from there go to the war. BTW, just finished the rscb clip for the BBB I bought a few wars ago.

I don't mean to discredit baff, but this is not geddon or apoc... Maybe 10 people will show, flying out is not worth it.

I own a plane so it would just be easier for us to fly out then drive. It would take 20-30 minutes instead of 2 hours.

#289433 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by nicholasy11 on 29 November 2010 - 11:26 PM in Modifications

I absolutely love the Idea! Get me a write up ASAP. I want to see if this works :D

#289431 Baff #15

Posted by nicholasy11 on 29 November 2010 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Katanas must be Max? Put me down as maybe. are there any local airports that anyone goes by on the way to the war? If so, I could fly down and then pile in someone elses car and from there go to the war. BTW, just finished the rscb clip for the BBB I bought a few wars ago.