Fletch's Content

There have been 16 items by Fletch (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14700 Strange Gun

Posted by Fletch on 19 December 2003 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Your link isn't working.

#14420 Ohio Nerf War

Posted by Fletch on 16 December 2003 - 01:58 PM in Nerf Wars

That looks good, just add a date and time and it will be complete.

#14378 Ohio Nerf War

Posted by Fletch on 15 December 2003 - 04:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bet that me and definetly a couple of others from my clan could come. It'd be cool if you could give us an address and any other useful information.

#14359 High Rof Tactics?

Posted by Fletch on 14 December 2003 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

I normally use high ROF weapons like the Blastfire and PC, but the majority of my nerf wars are indoors, so a long range weapon isn't as useful.

In indoor wars there usually isn't as much running around, so a good choice of weapons might be a powerful, accurate, and long-range gun, with another gun on the floor beside you. Eventually you'll have to stop using the powerful guns indoor, because you might draw blood, break glass, or have some other unfortunate thing happen to you. We don't use powerful guns in our indoor wars now, because of both of the above. But still, a long range weapon will scare the shit out of your friends after you've made a couple of painful kills.
I'm not saying that a high rof gun is bad, I'm just suggesting an idea.

#13996 At2k Vs. At3k I'm A Newbie

Posted by Fletch on 10 December 2003 - 01:13 PM in General Nerf

Nerfer16, I replied to you on GravityNerf.

#13918 My Nerf Site

Posted by Fletch on 08 December 2003 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

Sorry for the kinda late reply, but I had to say this. I don't really have time to get into html. The kind of website that I'm constructing will not be a huge database full of information about nerf. It's just a site for my clan where I want to put up some information. You guys are completely right otherwise, I am totally html handicapped.
I'm only in sixth grade, give me a break.

#13896 Nerf World

Posted by Fletch on 08 December 2003 - 12:23 PM in Off Topic

That's a awesome Nerf site. I'm jealous.

#13792 My Collection

Posted by Fletch on 06 December 2003 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

Woah... I can't believe you actually took a picture of your perceptor as part of your arsenal...
Other than that, it's a nice arsenal, but you should put some time into it and mod some of those SM1500s and Splitfires.

#13546 Maybe A Good Indoor Sidearm

Posted by Fletch on 02 December 2003 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

My little brother bought one of those. It suffers a few problems that would make it almost worthless in a war. It has no range, and the foam discs curve of course horribly. It also is battery powered, so it's kinda noisy. Save your money and use something else for a sidearm.

#13544 Valve Blown

Posted by Fletch on 02 December 2003 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

...Now, the tank doesn't hold air, when I pump, air comes right out of the valve. It worked when I first got it, I just blew it...

The Air Release Valve shaft. Try to push it around until it allows air inside, then make a BIC Brace.

No, I think he's talking about the trigger valve. It would make sense, because if that valve was blown, air would just go right through the tank and out the barrel. I'm not sure, though, because he didn't say.

#13543 My Nerf Site

Posted by Fletch on 02 December 2003 - 12:20 PM in Off Topic

I'm starting a site for my clan using freewebs, NerfGalaxy. I just started it to mess around with, and it's under construction also, I just need to take some pics.
Just out of curiosity, What type of site template are you using?

#13521 Valve Blown

Posted by Fletch on 01 December 2003 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

If the valve is really blown, there's no way you can fix it. However, if the valve is just malfunctioning, you can spray some silicone spray down the barrel into the valve. This will lube it up and make it work properly if you're having that problem, and I like to spray a little silicone into the valve before wars, 'cause it makes the valve operate faster, and gives a little quicker air delivery.
This might not work, though, if the valve is really screwed up.

#12652 Glue Stick Tech Target

Posted by Fletch on 10 November 2003 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I did Sandmans glue stick mod cause well... im lazy and i dont have the resources to do any advanced mod right now. I just stuck the glue stick tube in and it shoots fine. But the thing I'm wondering is if I take out the air restrictor will it improve the range and if it will how much.(I cant seem to find my glue gun right now either so i cant seal the gap if i take out the air restrictor) If anyone has done this or has some input feel free to post. Thanks

If you're not planning on doing an advanced mod, you should still open it up and take out the air restrictor, and if you feel like you don't have a good seal use duct/electrical tape, and tape up the holes in the barrel. Oh yeah, don't forget rubber bands.

#12606 Newbies

Posted by Fletch on 09 November 2003 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

[quote name='Zekk' date='Nov 9 2003, 09:57 AM'] Alright first i will admit that newbies are iritating at times. But we all were newbies at one time or another so I do not see the problem with them. Second how do you exspect them to get any better if you yell at them. If we dont help the newbies they will never become good nerfers so all you other nerfers should lay off them and pass on your wisdom to them.(Alright you can shoot the guns at me now.) :P [QUOTE]"The biggest coward always wants the biggest gun." "No I want the biggest gun to make everyone else a coward." [/quote]
First of all, it's not the newbies who are irritating. It's the n00bs. Newbies are just new and are learning. The n00bs don't respect Cxwq's rules and the other members of the forum, or are just plain stupid. For instance, someone might call you a n00b for posting two pointless topics in a row and not spelling correctly, understand? I'm not insulting you, but this topic seems pointless.

#12573 Number Of Guns

Posted by Fletch on 08 November 2003 - 01:37 PM in General Nerf

I've always only used one gun but on one occasion I tryed using my SS1 with my Splitfire, it helped a little when I needed to reload but otherwise I just stick with one gun (it's all I need for our wars anyway, biggest war I had was like 5 vs. 5 and there were only about 4 real nerfers, the rest were complete n00bs...)
So I just usually use one gun, but I like to switch around because I have a fairly large arsenal.

:P , Fletch

#12572 What Gun Next

Posted by Fletch on 08 November 2003 - 01:27 PM in General Nerf

I would recommend the Airtech 2k or 3k. They are both great guns (modified, that is) and have medium to slightly long range, have great accuracy, and are fairly small but they have a great feel and are very comfortable.
The other good gun out there is the Tech Target, which, once brassed, is a worthy sidearm for many primaries (you could even have a combo with this and one of the AT guns).
So, in short, you've already got a couple of good guns there, and if you're looking for more, these are the the best guns on the market (besides the Max Shot, but I can't find any in my area :P ).
Hoping to be of some kind of help,
Fletch