Groove's Content

There have been 1000 items by Groove (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363965 I will be at Armageddon XX.

Posted by Groove on 04 June 2019 - 01:40 PM in Nerf Wars

It's a party, now. 

GET HYPED

#363907 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Groove on 18 May 2019 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys and I will be there. Wouldn't miss this for the world.

#362859 Armageddon XIX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/23/18)

Posted by Groove on 06 April 2018 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there!

#355116 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Groove on 20 July 2016 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Some of us have more important things to do than play with children's toys all day. Will there be Pokemon Go breaks provided by the management?

Fuck, I hope so. I want to see what the lush fields of the Garden State have to offer me and my Pokedex. 

#354646 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by Groove on 28 June 2016 - 05:33 PM in Off Topic

I love this clan, and the people who are in it.  It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my Nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do.  Thanks guys. 

You guys are the best. Love everyone in this clan and I miss you all terribly. What a long, strange, alcohol-fueled trip it's been.

Here's to our colorful history and awesome future. Even though I'm a fossil by most Nerfing standards, I'll still be there at the large wars as long as you guys are, too. And...like all good things in life, my feelings towards all of this can be summarized perfectly with a quote from Anchorman.

FtR2i72O3psPe.gif

PS - I'm just going to say it right here and now. The LGLF logo is the best logo I have ever designed, for any group or organization, period. 

#354381 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Groove on 20 June 2016 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

Props to NOM for crafting us these amazing primaries. They're gorgeous.

fVznwIX.jpg

#354113 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Groove on 10 June 2016 - 11:20 PM in Nerf Wars

See y'all there tomorrow. 

#351612 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Groove on 17 February 2016 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there and so will Zaxbys.

(Obligatory 'Wonder Twin powers, activate' line)

#347676 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by Groove on 04 July 2015 - 08:34 PM in Off Topic

...it is partly the fault of this site's founders for having to name every damn gun they used.

I blame Groove

I'm partially to blame, but I will say that this was common practice during the golden/silver age of Nerf when the community was much smaller and weapon choices were extremely limited. Other well-known Nerfers in the community at the time (VACC, Evil Angel, baghead, Falcon, et al) did the exact same thing with their Crossbows. Times change, and I think Langley's request is perfectly reasonable. You can call your guns whatever you want in your head or your own little pocket universe, just not on this board.

...That being said, can I call my new rig the "Mk. IV"? It sounds way cooler than, "Tornado Bow + Splitfire with integrated Fleshlight and optional Dildo saddle."

#347602 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Groove on 01 July 2015 - 10:02 PM in Nerf Wars

As usual, I had an amazing time at Armageddon. It was a blast to see familiar faces and meet a bunch of new people as well. Ice Nine did an exceptional job at hosting, and I feel like we all owe him a big thanks. Organizing that many people with speed and efficiency is not an easy task, there's a lot involved, and the day ran smoothly...and most importantly, everyone had fun and nobody was a dick. Baghead also brought a lot of people out; I really weep for the SoCal community if/when Bags finally hangs up his hat, and calls it quits -- dude brings so much to these wars, and we owe him quite a lot.

For the first time in almost 5 years, I had a working primary that felt on-par in terms of power level with the other blasters on the field. Huge thanks to Dennis for making that happen, and overnighting mine and Zaxbys' blaster rigs to us. I can finally attend more of these wars throughout the year and get back into the swing of things like the good ol' days. Feels good, man.

In no particular order, my highlights:

• Meeting Sublimedom777 (one of the coolest and down-to-Earth Nerfers I've met), and seeing his beautifully assembled Crossbow.
  • Winning the final Carpe Testiculum round of the day with perhaps the biggest underdog team in my entire Nerfing career. It was like every Disney sports movie.
  • Getting a new primary the day before the war, learning to use it, then putting it through a series of grueling and hellish trials during the war.
  • The Ultimator duel - it was like watching two monster trucks in a 1v1 demolition derby, but the monster trucks can only make slow, right-hand turns. And they can only turn twice.
  • Activating the Wonder Twin powers with the help of my comrade Zaxbys, and utterly decimating a Flash Freeze Tag round before lunch.
  • The sheer variety of blasters and Nerfers present -- like someone previously said, you would turn a corner and not know what to expect.
  • Meeting BasicNerf and having him follow us around with his GoPro for one of the Flash Freeze Tag rounds -- thank you for doing that!
  • I really hate to highlight "scoring X hits" (a little lame in my book), but I must say that I hit Pants in the neck with both SF darts and I've coined it as the "Vampire Maneuver." Also Pants, I'm sorry (kind of). Please love me.

#347467 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Groove on 27 June 2015 - 12:29 AM in Nerf Wars

See y'all tomorrow.

Posted Image

#346925 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Groove on 24 May 2015 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys will be attending as well.

Wonder Twin powers, activate!

#346535 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Groove on 04 May 2015 - 01:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there as well.

#346510 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Groove on 03 May 2015 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I shall be there.

Really looking forward to this one; last year's 'Geddon reached stupid levels of fun.

#339707 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Groove on 22 June 2014 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Easily one of the best wars I've been to in the past 7 years.

It was a real treat to meet a bunch of new people and see my East Coast clan mates again.

• Awesome war site. Incredibly simple layout, but incredibly fun.
  • Good variety in rounds and good pacing throughout the day.
  • Meeting Ice Nine, Zorn, Draconis et al for the first time.
  • Seeing Spoon again for the first time in ten years...and feeling old.
  • Watching Huxxley charge in and dismantle flanks with stock blasters.
  • Watching Thorn systematically destroy entire groups with his blaster.
  • Meeting and hanging with the Washington state guys. Cool dudes, good nerfers.
  • Watching Langley eat a pastrami sandwich with insane focus, intensity, and gusto.
It was good to shake off the rust. Definitely coming to the next war!

#332017 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Groove on 17 July 2013 - 09:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Seems like a good time for a comeback tour. I'll be there.

#305323 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Groove on 03 October 2011 - 09:50 AM in Modifications

I am currently using a 19.2v drill battery to power it.

This i would like to see.

Both of you all need to check the previous post date before you decide to post. This topic is almost a year old.

-Groove

#305192 THE TITLE HAS THE WORD 'IDEA' IN ALL CAPS

Posted by Groove on 30 September 2011 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

Hey guys.
Blah blah blah

First of all, you're posting in the wrong forum. Second of all, I will not be playing your game mode. I can tell you right now, with certainty, that none of you greasy fucks are laying your filthy paws on my blaster and it sure as fuck isn't going in a plastic orgy pile with other plastic guns. Thirdly, you'll notice that Ice Nine's join date is many years prior to yours, and you're still in the "fucking new guy" group. I'm not making this up, you...literally are. It's like, right under your name.

Just saying.

-Groove

EDIT: Moved.

#304974 singled magstrike challenge

Posted by Groove on 24 September 2011 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#304970 longshot plunger replencement help needed

Posted by Groove on 24 September 2011 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

so yea lol

Posted Image

#284509 I Bet Some Nerfers Could Do This Better

Posted by Groove on 01 September 2010 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

I've gone ahead and removed the link that could be used by an asstard to make a potentially dangerous weapon. I don't really have an appropriate LOLCat response to accompany this action, but here's a cat wearing a Batman mask. Enjoy.

Posted Image

-Groove

#276679 What Is Your Fav?

Posted by Groove on 02 June 2010 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

thanks for voting

Thanks for...visiting?

-Groove

#276649 Breaking Nerf News!

Posted by Groove on 02 June 2010 - 01:04 PM in Off Topic

I hope you get AIDS through the internet.

Just kidding!!! Happy Birthday Split!

XOXO,

-Groove

#276648 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Groove on 02 June 2010 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I probably won't be fully healed by then, but put me down as a maybe if my circumstances change. I'll be able to tell you as it gets closer to August. I'd be happy to help run events like the previous years if you need me.

-Groove

#274581 A Gift For The Milsim Lovers!

Posted by Groove on 12 May 2010 - 12:14 AM in Off Topic

I dont want to sound like a dumbass here but....is this real?

Oh -- too late.

The Onion has been THE fake internet news site for many, many years. Granted, it's tastefully done and tailored to look like a creditable news source, but that is just part of their genius. I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.

-Groove

#274151 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by Groove on 05 May 2010 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#274110 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by Groove on 05 May 2010 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK!

Posted Image

#272799 April Bitches!

Posted by Groove on 20 April 2010 - 04:00 PM in News

On a side note, if you'd still like to write an essay and be a source of amusement for the administrative team, then by all means, write away and email me. This is more so just another way to screen potential members, but I really just want to see how many people will actually write essays.

-Groove

#272283 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by Groove on 15 April 2010 - 08:16 AM in Homemades

In lieu of the lack of comprehension regarding basic rules, I'm just gonna lock this topic before more follow suit.

-Groove

#272179 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by Groove on 14 April 2010 - 08:57 AM in Off Topic

Dastardly - That's what they originally thought, but it turned out to be the latter case. That's why nobody really knows how this came to be.

NerfBritMogul - As long as its decaf, I can apparently have tea. I'm a big fan of Mandarin Orange. What I really want though, is one of those Doctor Who sonic screwdriver pens that you "blokes" have over there. The ones that light up and make the sonic noise and can be used as a pen? Those look cool as shit.

CaptainSlug - Pretty much.

FA24 - Thanks, man. I hope I'll be able to hang out with you guys at Apoc as well.

jakejagan & rork - Thanks, dudes.

utahnerf - Cool story, bro. You should totally tell it at parties.

Busta - That sucks. Anything that ruptures or has the capacity to rupture is bad, I'm convinced. Rupturing in general just...bad.

Thanks again for the well wishes. Once I am back to feeling like my old self again I can start lurking on the forums and making appropriate t-shirts to commemorate this event. In the mean time, if any of you bitches want to feel the wrath of my Pokemon, I've been playing Heart Gold and have assembled a nigh unstoppable force of furry little war machines. That's what staying in the hospital for a week can do to a man. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

EDIT: Split, I love you.

-Groove

#272127 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by Groove on 13 April 2010 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Found a pic of Pneumatosis, here it is:

[Something that almost looked kinda like my biopsy results but with less internal bleeding & I DON'T WANT TO SEE EVER AGAIN]

nasty as... well..... pneumatosis.

Posted Image

-Groove

#272086 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by Groove on 13 April 2010 - 02:31 PM in Off Topic

I appreciate the support, guys. It's mildly depressing not being able to do many of the things I used to do for fun for the next several months. On the bright side, however, I have a plethora of free time to lurk on the forums and prepare for when I can actually return in full-force.

In the mean time, here's a lolcat picture for you TantumBull.

Posted Image

-Groove

#272060 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by Groove on 13 April 2010 - 09:58 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys,

I was originally going to just share this with the rest of Mag7, but the wave of "where the fuck did you go?" PM's or the "when is the next DCNO?" PM's prompted a public post. I don't want to turn this into a pity fest or drama thread, but I probably do need to explain where I've been. I'll keep this short.

About a month ago I was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain, lots of vomiting, nausea and what many would consider a "Dr. House" kind of illness. And let me just say no, it's not Lupus.

After a biopsy, intentionally starving me then feeding me Jell-O, the Gastrologists in the hospital diagnosed me with an extremely rare illness known as "Gastric Pneumatosis." It is basically hemorrhaging of the stomach lining, causes air pockets to form in the stomach wall, involves internal bleeding, and has a high mortality rate because the stomach can rupture. All of the cases involve old dudes, so nobody knows how or why I got it. Go figure.

Anyways, I've been discharged now but needless to say I can't eat anything like a cheeseburger or sushi for at least 3-4 more months (which is fine by me). All I can really eat right now is broiled chicken and mashed potatoes. The big issue is physical exertion, and I can't do anything more than light jogging for the next several months until this shit heals. As my doctor put it bluntly, I basically have one shot to make sure my stomach heals correctly or I risk the chance of dying. Unfortunately, this means (most likely) no Nerf for me this Summer. Fuck my life.

What this does mean, however, is that when I do make my return in the Fall season I will be more than prepared to properly spank the lot of you with the Mk. III and a boatload of red foam that I have yet to make into darts.

TLDR Version: Yes, my stomach has a hole in it. Yes, I almost died. Yes, I am slowly getting better. No, I will not be Nerfing this Summer. No, I am not quitting Nerf. And finally no, you cannot have my blaster.

-Groove

#267009 Nostalgia

Posted by Groove on 26 February 2010 - 10:18 AM in Off Topic

I'll bite. Hal = Webmaster of the former Nerfonline, since a majority of you were too young / not into Nerf at that point. Coincidentally, that was also where Nerfaholics previewed.

-Groove

#264377 New Facebook Account For All Members Of The Nerf Comunity

Posted by Groove on 04 February 2010 - 09:40 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#264315 Mod Of The Decade

Posted by Groove on 04 February 2010 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

I'm tickled that you wrote "NerfStrong" on the inside of your cast.

-Groove

#263011 Furyfire Manta

Posted by Groove on 24 January 2010 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#261802 M3 Take Two

Posted by Groove on 14 January 2010 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Either date works for me, go ahead and put me down as a maybe.

-Groove

#261305 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Groove on 09 January 2010 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

Looks like whoever made the event is not around. For future reference, let's use the Steam Community Page that we have for shit like this. I'll be posting an announcement in there about how to create an event (and give useful info like server ip, etc).

For now, if you want to join our game, follow either myself or Homestarrunner in through the Steam Friends utility.

-Groove

#261246 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Groove on 09 January 2010 - 10:10 AM in Off Topic

Seconded for Torchlight. It's a great game and its nice to see that the people at Runic aren't trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to dungeon crawlers.

We have a CS:S event as well as a TF2 event scheduled for today in the Steam group, so I hope to see some of you all on there.

-Groove