CD-R's Content

There have been 99 items by CD-R (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#151536 Njno - April 20th

Posted by CD-R on 16 April 2008 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming with z80.

#149635 Njno - April 20th

Posted by CD-R on 06 April 2008 - 10:47 AM in Nerf Wars

I might be coming with z80. It depends on what my schedule for vacation is like.

#143620 New York Nerfers Unite!

Posted by CD-R on 03 March 2008 - 11:40 AM in Nerf Wars

I am also in nightshift.

#136183 Ecno

Posted by CD-R on 16 January 2008 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I was there last time, and it's not that much of an issue. We just used common sense, and followed a few basic rules.

NO WALKING BACKWARDS
Don't go in any holes
Watch your step
Stay away from ledges

If I remember correctly, that was last year's plan. Also, if any one finds anything dangerous, we don't have to play in that particular area.

#133704 Crossbow Question

Posted by CD-R on 24 December 2007 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, the yellow tube is the "air restrictor" for this gun.
I hope this helps: crossbow mod
Edit: groove posted first, the link is still relevant.

#133266 Tire Valve Problem

Posted by CD-R on 20 December 2007 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

No, PVC cement works only on bonds between PVC only parts. PVC cement does what is known as "solvent welding". Essentially, it dissolves the two pieces plastic, and then let's the solution harden together.

#133169 Cleaning Products

Posted by CD-R on 20 December 2007 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Chemically, epoxy is really strong stuff. As captainslug said, anything that will dissolve epoxy will probably dissolve the plastic as well.

#133037 '07 Highlights

Posted by CD-R on 18 December 2007 - 11:49 PM in General Nerf

This past year was a blast. Nerfwise and in general. I went to six east coast wars, and did steadily better at each one. I went from being the last one picked to getting an invite to deal. Our clan even got to host a war, as z80 posted earlier. Probably the greatest single nerf moment this year for me was getting 8-10 kills on one life at Apoc. Another good thing was meeting everyone who posts on the forums. Basically, in terms of nerf, 2007 was pretty awesome.

#129791 Nerf And Police

Posted by CD-R on 15 November 2007 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

At clan nightshift, we've had a few incidents, but no problems in regard to the po-po. We've been asked (politely) to leave a park for being there at night, and a few times the police have asked us what we were doing. We usually just show them some of the ammo, and give a brief explanation of the activity. Apart from the time we were asked to leave, they've never responded negatively. They usually just laugh, and keep on driving. We're always polite, and stop shooting immediately when the show up on the scene.

#127200 Petg And Stefan

Posted by CD-R on 24 October 2007 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

It might be bigger. Tonight I'll take a picture of both of them side-by-side. We will see.

Size means nothing. Its the strength of the spring. The DS spring is more powerful. Also, you need to make sure your darts have a good fit in PETG.

Well, within reasonable boundaries that's true, but not necessarily in all circumstances.
I've had problems like this. It's usually one, or both of these problems; the barrel is too long, or the stefan doesn't fit properly. First, I would try making the barrel shorter (try 4" first, than 3"), if that doesn't work, try CPVC as your barrel material. Also, try lubricating the plunger, and make sure that you have a good seal. If all of that doesn't work, put the stock spring back in.
If all of this doesn't help, then I have no idea what's wrong.

#125637 Sts Grenade

Posted by CD-R on 09 October 2007 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

I really like this idea, I think it has possibilities as an integration. To integrate this into a gun, instead of pointing the barrels in different directions, you could point them all forwards. So that way, when you pushed the trigger, a massive volley of darts would issue forth from your gun.
In terms of improving the grenade idea, maybe you should try shotgun barrel attachments. The Pocket Blaster may not have enough power to drive them, but if it does, it should increase the amount of darts in the air.

#125537 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by CD-R on 08 October 2007 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

Something to think about: What sort of outside coating would work the best for sliding along the inside of barrels? (if that is a changable option if you order)

#125477 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by CD-R on 08 October 2007 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

How much foam does $5000 get you? I spent $40, and got 800 feet, I can't even imagine how big the container would be.

#124862 Go Trash-picking

Posted by CD-R on 02 October 2007 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Oh man, I've gotten so many good dumpster diving finds, I don't even know where to start.
Once our school district was replacing all of their computers, so we asked our counselors if we could take some of it, and they said yes. We all walked away with arm fulls of computer junk. We had to call my friend's mom to help us drive the stuff away (I believe one of my friends had something like five to ten computers).
The real trick, is to keep your eyes open. Also, try going to your local recycling center a few days after christmas; my brother and I did that once, and the guys there let us take a perfectly good TV for free. They even let us test it with an outlet on one of their garbage trucks.

#124605 The Battle Is Over

Posted by CD-R on 30 September 2007 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

By reading this thread, some of you may get the hint that there was an incident involving bees. Well, there was, except they were yellow jackets.
Skitzo and nerf beginner were hiding in the bushes during a pistol round, when they accidentally disturbed a bees nest. I was walking around the field, as I was already out, when I heard shouting and running. I looked behind me, and saw the two of them charging out of the bushes at top speed being pursued by a number of insects. Instead of running away from everybody else, they ran straight at the people who were already out. Because they were being persued, the bees followed them into the crowd, and stung everybody. After seeing this, I took off in the other direction. However, Skitzo had stopped running around in circles, and was now running in the same direction that I was; still being chased by bees. I yelled, "don't follow me, you're gonna get me stung too!" So I ran faster, and managed to keep from getting stung. In the end, most people got stung, and we were VERY lucky that no one was allergic to bees.
So, if you were wondering, there's your answer.

#124579 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 30 September 2007 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I started a follow-up topic. link

#124578 The Battle Is Over

Posted by CD-R on 30 September 2007 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

So, the battle for new york is over. That was one of the best wars I've ever been to. Even though we didn't have too many out of staters, we still kicked some ass. All of the hosting duties went very smoothly and, apart from the bees, we didn't have any problems.
I'm tired now, I'll post details later.

#124311 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 27 September 2007 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

The weather's gonna be sunny with a high of 75, couldn't get any better.

#124223 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 26 September 2007 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Trail directions:
MAP:
Posted Image
I have provided a trail guide, but use common sense. Remember, you're trying to get to the area labeled play area. If you arrive late, stay put and call one of us; we will come and find you.
Turn in at the Saxon Woods park sign
Posted Image
As you head into the parking lot, park on the left side.
In the left corner of the parking lot, closest to the road, there is a trail entrance.
Posted Image
The trail head should look like this:
Posted Image
After walking on the trail for a while, small trail will fork off to left; take the left trail:
Posted Image
After a short ways, you will come to a large trail; turn right on this trail
Posted Image
Looking down the trail
Posted Image
Keep heading down this trail. Eventually you will hit a fork; turn left.
(I know it says go right in the photo, just go left)
Posted Image
You'll know you're close when you see this large upturned tree stump:
Posted Image
You will see this when you have arrived:
Posted Image
The whole walk took us 16 minutes (with time to take pictures)

#123773 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by CD-R on 21 September 2007 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna throw a question out there:
So, if we use the carpool system it will be kind of complicated, and if people come late, there could be a problem. But, if we use the main parking lot, there will be no parking complications; however, there's a catch, the walk from the main lot to the fields is around 0.8-0.9 miles (about 20-25 minutes on foot). The paths are really flat and wide, but still, carrying all of that stuff that distance is tough. My question is, which would you guys prefer?

#123119 Unicycle

Posted by CD-R on 15 September 2007 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

I can ride around the street, and not much else.

#122971 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 14 September 2007 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

the name of the park is Saxon Woods, and it is in westchester county.

#122962 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 14 September 2007 - 11:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Saxon woods park is a very good place to nerf; it has some very close, yet isolated areas, is never patrolled, and most of the locals never use it. THe area where we nerf most of the time is a large boulder-strewn area.
Posted Image
This picture shows only part of the field, but most of the fighting takes place on the plateau on the top of the cliff.
The other field is an area that used to be used by mountain bikers. Basically, biking is illegal in this park, so the county made the bikers demolish all of the jumps, and such, that they had created. Now, there is a large non-forested basin with remnants of jumps and other terrain features. Also, there is a wooded hillside with smaller trails running through it.
Posted Image

z80 is currently in Ohio, so he should be able to give you more of a plan earlier next week.
I hope this helps you guys.
Funny, Wilson and I made the exact same post, at the same time.

#122158 Late September Nj War

Posted by CD-R on 05 September 2007 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, pommyjon is affiliated with nightshift (z80's group).

#121884 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 01 September 2007 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

If I remember correctly, he never pumped, never reloaded, and never fired. Never the less, he had a great time running around with everyone else.

#121563 Starbuck/modding Service

Posted by CD-R on 29 August 2007 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

This reminds me of a few of the horror stories I've heard about shipping (items showing up 1.5 years after they were ordered). Congrats on your new guns.

#121465 Hershfest

Posted by CD-R on 28 August 2007 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

sorry for double posting
any pics?

#121349 Chessler's Diy Scope

Posted by CD-R on 27 August 2007 - 11:03 PM in Homemades

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Chessler @ Aug 27 2007, 07:57 PM) *

But please specify: where exactly does it say its not working.

I do not need to specify anything because I am a Rear Admiral of nerfhaven!

That is a new sig!
Back on topic. If you're looking for lenses, check out Edmund Scientific, or any other hobby level supply site. Unless you have some very specialized tools, the level of alignment you would be able to get by hand would pretty much negate the advantages of good optics.
P.S. don't look at the sun with one of those things.

#121162 Hershfest

Posted by CD-R on 25 August 2007 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

That was awesome. It was a small war, but a good one. When I got home, I was covered in welts from various hits. It was a shame that my 3K coupler broke, but I was able to pull through with my maxshot. My only real complaint was the heat, and all the spider webs in the woods.
Highlights:
Hitting max on the bridge of the nose from ~70 feet off
Finally shooting wilson after him saying "Just try it"
Meeting some new people
Seeing some old faces
Steadily improving throughout the day
Sneaking up on the opposing team, getting seen, and through some miracle surviving.
Various headshots on a few people.

#120446 I Made A Ammo Cartridge!

Posted by CD-R on 19 August 2007 - 07:08 PM in Homemades

z80, I see what you mean, but in the wrong hands dry ice bombs are very dangerous. But then again, any experiment is dangerous. If you are REALLY stupid, it's possible to kill yourself boiling a pot of water. Now, add some high energy chemicals, or high pressure, and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

However, z80 is also right. When used in a safe manner, by properly trained personnel, any properly made chemical or procedure is safe.

My take on it: be careful and properly informed before trying any sort of experiment, or like telekenetic said, you can put yourself and the people around you in a lot of danger.

Now enough about this, let's all get back on topic.

#120110 Pump Repair Help

Posted by CD-R on 17 August 2007 - 01:38 AM in Modifications

Interesting, something similar happened to my 3K, and lok-tite worked great. A simple fix would be to pull the pump off of a broken gun, and use a barbed coupler to put the tubing together, replacing the broken pump.

#119189 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 11 August 2007 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

RAMBO smashing his gun was hilarious. But, you missed the clan nightshift ZERG IT DOWN charge. The civil war parts really portrayed the scale of the whole war, though.

#118769 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, like at LCM or ECNO. I am a member of z80's group, so I know what you mean now. Our real name is clan nightshift; I'm not sure how we got that name, but it works. Ironically, we were forced to stop having night games by our local police department.
P.S. next time I will try to bring my wagon.

#118700 Silencers

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 03:35 PM in Homemades

I remember reading somewhere that any sort of weapon or something with a silencer on it is considered firearm. Here is what the National Firearms Act says:
(a) Firearm. -- The term "firearm" means (1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length; (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length; (3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length; (4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length; (5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e); (6) a machinegun; (7) any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and (8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.
I doubt that you'll get any trouble for it, but it is something to consider. I think that NERF guns fall under the classification of a collectible.
I think that it would be really, really, stupid for some loophole to make nerf guns classified as firearms, but I'm not a lawyer, so I wouldn't know.

#118690 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 07 August 2007 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Double. Post.

"Things I learned from Apoc 2007" by Evil Angel.

- If its you vs. Vacc, just wait for Famine to intervene with friendly conversation.

- When 45 people are involved, Groove can disappear for rounds on end. I think I saw him twice all day.

- In the future, every field manager needs to bring flagging tape with them to their option fields.

- 9 z80 Nerfers are great, but I missed having 19.

- Belts or better fitting pants are a Nerf necessity.

- The Deal Curse is gone, I can play well on that field.

- Hersh has more pistols than pockets, but it doesn't stop him from trying to fit them all in his cargo shorts.

What do you guys think we should work on for our seventh Apoc in 08? If we want the day to run smoother what would you suggest?

What do you mean by 9 z80 nerfers are great, but I miss having 19?

#118307 Ecno

Posted by CD-R on 04 August 2007 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

We are discussing it, and are seriously considering going. We just need to get organized.

#118284 Apoc Reaction

Posted by CD-R on 04 August 2007 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a great war. The fun level was over 9000 (a new record)
With that being said, my personal experiences were mixed, but ended very well. In the beginning, a failing AT3K kept me from achieving my standard level of awesome; I only got 2 kills in the first 3 rounds. However, once I got my gun situation figured out, everything picked up, and I had a great time.
Some highlights include, but are not limited to:
The ZERG IT DOWN charge during the multi-clan war
Getting ten kills during 3-15 in the forest
The mad dash through the trailers (in the end we ran through a thorn bush)
OMC's sword (and Al's theft of said sword)
Getting to work together as a whole clan

Overall, while I started out slow, this was probably the best war I've ever been to (tied with DEAL).

#117198 Rapid Fire 20 X4

Posted by CD-R on 26 July 2007 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

One of my friends put two RF20s together, and to be quite honest, it wasn't all that effective. I believe that it is more important to improve the range on the RF20 before making it shoot more darts. In my friend's case, he could shoot forty darts to absolutely no result; they went about 30-35 feet. To defeat it, all you had to do was run away for about ten seconds, while he emptied his shots, and then charge him. I would just make the turret's removable like what RAMBO said, mod the internals to shoot further, and if you have enough barrel material, do KBarker's turret mod. Though it would be an indescribably awesome creation, and quite a sight to see it fire all those darts, I think your plan on keeping them single is the way to go.

#117104 The Snap-turret

Posted by CD-R on 25 July 2007 - 01:06 PM in Homemades

Wow, nice. I always thought something like this was possible, but laziness prevented me from trying it. Good job.
P.S. you should try working with different sealing materials and springs to see which works best.

#117058 Foam Baker Rod At A Steal Price.

Posted by CD-R on 24 July 2007 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

I know that this topic is old, but I bought my foam from this place. I would say that it's good, but not great. It has a pretty tight fit in PETG and CPVC, but can be heat shrunk very easily. In short, it's a good deal, but it takes a little work to make it work correctly. I would get a sample before comittting, though.