Kuhlschrank's Content

There have been 399 items by Kuhlschrank (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#282014 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 03 August 2010 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

i will be going along with my Pittsburgh Area Nerfers. I read the part about the banned blasters. I would like to use my Mav-titan to shoot titan rockets. Is it possible to get a ruling at the game on my cobra drain gun?

I have it set up to shoot 1 inch foam marshmallows. I will bring it for show and tell and then perhaps the powers may be can decide if it is suitble or not.

Are there facilities at the park like drinking fountains?

If you're shooting rockets, you're fine. We can look at the cobra drain gun before the war.

Only a few more days, remember to bring plenty of water and sunscreen. There isn't a whole lot of cover at Deal.

Again, if anyone has any questions, or needs my phone number in case they get lost, just send me a PM.

#280631 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 18 July 2010 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than 3 weeks to go!
I've been pushing this to the side for long enough. I've posted a round schedule on the first page. It's mostly the same as last year's, with one or two changes. As with last year, it will be subject to change as the day progresses.

Also, if anyone needs a cell phone number, PM me. If you need help getting to the park, or especially if you need help getting to the staging area from the alternate lot, feel free to call me.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Now, I guess it's time to rebuild the crossbow.

#278236 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 21 June 2010 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Gun Rules have been added to the first post.

#274622 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 12 May 2010 - 07:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Location: Deal Park, Monmouth County New Jersey (directions below).

Date: Saturday, August 7, 2010.

Time: Arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Rules Clinic at 9:45 AM. War starts at 10:00 AM.

Hosts: Kuhlschrank, Mag7

As we get closer to the date of the war, we will add the Gun Restrictions & Round Schedule.

---

PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Arrive no later than 9:30 AM
  • Expect to carry all items - We will be utilizing all available fields. Last year, we did hike everything over to a gathering area before the day began. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot.
  • FIRST TIME AT APOC? - At 9:45 AM, there will be a quick explanation of the general rules as well as explanations of the different game types that will be played during the day.
  • Lunch - Pack Light, you will be eating on the field.
  • Liquids - At least one gallon of water or Gatorade. We're talking about New Jersey in August. The humidity will be so high, you'll feel like you're running through a swimming pool.
  • Hat - Keeps your head out of sun.
  • Sunscreen - Sunscreen is STRONGLY encouraged.
  • Nerf Blasters and Darts - A least one primary and one SPRING pistol, a sufficient amount of darts, also.
  • Eye Protection - Eye protection is cheap and worth it, CVS and Home Depot offer glasses/goggles.
  • Extra T-Shirts - See Liquids.
  • Clean up ALL garbage and items you bring on the field - Flagging tape, lunch items, water bottles, etc., all of these must be thrown out properly. If you leave trash behind, do not expect to be invited next year. Garbage bags will be placed in the staging area.
  • Follow Instructions from the Field Supervisors - Select individuals will be Field Supervisors at Apoc 10. Each player is responsible for listening to and following the instructions of these advisors; we cannot guarantee that the day will progress smoothly otherwise.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS:
Banned Blasters:
  • Air-powered Homemades
  • Singled 5ks
  • Doomsayers (NOTE: FA is exempt from this rule, due to his contribution to this blaster)
  • Other Titans/Chimeras will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis. I want to have the gun testing finished by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45).
All other blasters are subject to range and power testing by the hosts. If any blaster is deemed unsafe to those on its receiving end, it will not be allowed. If you believe that your blaster is on that border of being too powerful, bring a backup so you won't be without a gun if it's disallowed.

These are pretty much the same rules as last year, with one addition:

If we are making teams, and one side seems to have an inordinate amount of the same type of weaponry, we may ask players to switch sides or switch guns. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.

------

ROUND SCHEDULE: (Subject to change)

1. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

2. Option
  • Multi-Team DM (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Undiscovered Country)
  • Pistols (Staging Area)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forest)
4. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

5. Lunch

6. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

7. Option
  • Pistols (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team DM (Undiscovered Country)
8. Great American Gorefest (The Grove)
  • Sudden death, free-for-all using springer pistols
9. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Staging Area)
10. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

Field Supervisors:
Kuhlschrank
Members of Mag7

------

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit #105 - Eatontown / Rt 36 East
Follow signs for Rt 36 East - Long Branch.
Make an immediate Right at the 1st Traffic Light onto Hope Rd.
Take Hope Rd. for less than 1/2 mile, merge Right onto the ramp for Rt. 18 South
Take Rt. 18 South for approximately 2 miles to Exit #12A - W Park Ave / OAKHURST
Merge on to W. Park Ave heading East, continue for approximately 2 miles
At the 4th Traffic Light turn Right onto Whalepond Rd.
Take Whalepond Rd. for 1 mile and turn Right into the 3rd entrance for the park
There should be a parking lot immediately on your right.
If you come to a traffic light you've gone too far, turn around and then make a left into the first entrance you see.

GPS COORDINATES:

40°15'21.85"N
74° 1'25.08"W

GOOGLE MAPS INFO:

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

PARK MAP:

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park.

---

PARTICIPANT LIST:

Definite: (81-87)
Kuhlschrank
Split
Lucian
Fenixharth (7-11)
Talio
Gears
faddle
Vacc
Famine
Death
Wave
Silencer (2)
Chaosbrood
phillypretzel
numa-t49 (3-4)
area5100
NerfMonkey
Princexbuster
Sublimedom777
flamincows
DX
Zack the Mack (4)
firesflame4
zach attack
BakedTater
Jlego
badger
One Man Clan
Seven7h Man
ThatWasRandom (1-2)
Mantis
sharvil06 (2)
chalywong
Pearson
Tank
Dumpster
Forsaken_angel24
K-10
Crooked
Zack the Mack
Echnalaid
JWasko
JMWasko
Phree Agent (5)
digitalkid
ChemGoggles
Saber
Biofreak2
ice
Mr BadWrench
titanium2
bickeringbrothersiii (2)
deadshooter711 (2)
soothsayer (3)
bpso86
chubbylad13 (2)

Maybe:
Groove
Captain Slug
Twitch
Wes7143
nate the great
rork
diamondbacknf1626
Dez
compound
Doom
white moonlight
T dog
flashflint
nerf_monkey (2)
iM ThAT Kid
XIII
ejrasmussen
Skitzo
balisticjoe
xeorogue
lava dart
foam ninja

---

OTHER NOTES: This will be used to answer other questions as needed.

The rounds will be varied. In order to give a large and small war appeal, we will be having multiple battles going on simultaneously during some points of the day.

This is going to be a huge war yet again. We're going to need your cooperation to make sure things run smoothly. Follow directions and we'll keep the day moving at a good pace. If you act like a moron, don't expect to have an open invite next year. If you piss us off, there are enough admins in attendance that one of us is bound to suspend you. You can find your responsibilities as an attendee in the first post. Don't act like a moron and this should be a really fun day.

#245065 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 August 2009 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to thank everyone who came out today. Everyone that I talked to said that they had a fun time, which is all I care about. It was a very good turnout. I feel like everyone did a good job of keeping the war moving, and getting in as much as we could.

Yea, the schedule went to shit, but it happens. We didn't get to some of the more "gimmicky" rounds, like Gorefest and Attack & Defend, but we did get in a lot of high quality Deathmatch, gunslinger, and multi-team rounds, instead. OMC and I have already started working on some ideas to streamline the war, and get more rounds in. Even after 8 years, there is always room for improvements.

I can't even think of individual highlights; the day as a whole was great. I'm already looking forward to Apoc 2010.

Once again, everyone who came out, the Mag7 who helped organize rounds, and especially everyone who drove ridiculous distances to come to this war: Thanks.

#244893 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 31 July 2009 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Diamondback, clear out your inbox, I sent you the wrong phone number

#244799 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 30 July 2009 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm working on putting together some of Slug's Mobstacles. They should help out the defenders in the A&D rounds.

I am getting very excited for this war. Apoc 2009 will be insane. This is why I cannot stress enough, we need your cooperation on Saturday. OMC already laid out the threats of violence if anyone acts up. I am more worried about people not paying attention, forcing us to spend more time organizing when we could be nerfing instead. Have fun, have a lot of fun. Just be aware of what is going on, and where you are supposed to be. Do that, and we'll get as much nerfing in as we can. Don't do it, and you'll have 75+ people pissed at you for wasting part of the afternoon.

Also, if anyone needs a cell phone number, PM me. If you need help getting to the park, or especially if you need help getting to the staging area from the alternate lot, feel free to call me.

Good luck, see you all Saturday morning.

#244580 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 29 July 2009 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

We'll try and fit one in, maybe right after lunch.

#244573 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 29 July 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

OK guys, with only 3 days left, I have drawn up a better map for use when you get to the park. This should be helpful in getting you to the staging area. The top image is the full map with the google maps background. Under it, is a more printer-friendly version, which shows you the paved paths to the staging area. If the preferred parking lot (in blue) is full, the red parking lot is farther away, next to soccer and softball fields, but it will do fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm looking forward to Saturday, this will surely be one hell of an event.

#242612 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 18 July 2009 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Round schedule is up. If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

#240062 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 04 July 2009 - 01:36 AM in Nerf Wars

z80, you can most likely use the national geographic gun. I may just want to see it before we start, so bring a back-up, just in case.

The updated rule on Titans and their variants will be as explained here:
- NO Titans with plugged pumps.
- Any other Titans/Chimeras/other variants will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis.

I want to be done with any gun testing by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45). I will be at the park by 9am.

On a separate note: I will be posting another map, for you guys to use to get yourselves to the staging area. It is a decent walk, but essentially a straight shot out from the parking lot. This map will be posted by Tuesday.

diamondbackNF1626:
Yes, for most of the day we will be having "option rounds," where we will give 3-4 different games to play, and allow people to choose which one they want to participate in. We will also have a couple rounds which will incorporate the whole group into one large gametype. A more specific round schedule will be posted later.

#239688 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 July 2009 - 09:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Gun rules are posted.

Game types are also listed under the Round Schedule, they will be organized sometime this week into a real schedule.

#234829 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 07 June 2009 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated, Just got back from 5 days in Williamsburg, VA.

#233077 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 May 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

First post is updated

To the Attendees:[u] With the number of people we are expecting, this war can become very hectic and chaotic. I cannot stress enough, how important it will be for you to follow the field managers instructions. We will almost definitely be getting more than 60 and potentially 80-90 people. As long as every pays attention, it will be a fun day for everyone.

#224915 Nj Nerf Out - Needs Clever Name

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 21 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make it.

#220942 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 31 March 2009 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

As organizers, we do not operate in a vacuum, separating us from the world. Thusly, certain parties were PMed tonight for their feedback and concerns for this year. That being said, any gun rules and bans will be made with considerations to gameplay and safety, not attendance.

#219774 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 25 March 2009 - 10:24 AM in Nerf Wars

The gun rules will be hammered out long before the war. It will cover both general gun types and specific guns being allowed or disallowed.

#219581 Nj Nerf Out - Needs Clever Name

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 23 March 2009 - 11:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe, It'll be a gametime decision based on my school workload.

#219580 Supernova

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 23 March 2009 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe.

#219274 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 22 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Location: Deal Park, Monmouth County New Jersey (directions below).

Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009.

Time: Arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Rules Clinic at 9:45 AM. War starts at 10:00 AM.

Hosts: Kuhlschrank

---

PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Arrive no later than 9:30 AM
  • Expect to carry all items - We will be utilizing all available fields. Last year, we did hike everything over to a gathering area before the day began. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot.
  • FIRST TIME AT APOC? - At 9:45 AM, there will be an explanation of the general rules as well as explanations of the different game types that will be played during the day.
  • Lunch - Pack Light, you will be eating on the field.
  • Liquids - At least one gallon of water or Gatorade. We're talking about New Jersey in August. The humidity will be so high, you'll feel like you're running through a swimming pool.
  • Hat - Keeps your head out of sun.
  • Sunscreen - Sunscreen is STRONGLY encouraged.
  • Nerf Blasters and Darts - A least one primary and one SPRING pistol, a sufficient amount of darts, also.
  • Eye Protection - Eye protection is cheap and worth it, CVS and Home Depot offer glasses/goggles.
  • Extra T-Shirts - See Liquids.
  • Clean up ALL garbage and items you bring on the field - Flagging tape, lunch items, water bottles, etc., all of these must be thrown out properly. If you leave trash behind, do not expect to be invited next year. Garbage bags will be placed in the staging area.
  • Follow Instructions from the Field Supervisors - Select individuals will be Field Supervisors at Apoc 09. Each player is responsible for listening to and following the instructions of these advisors; we cannot guarantee that the day will progress smoothly otherwise.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS:

Banned Blasters:
  • Air-powered Homemades
  • Singled 5ks
  • Doomsayers (NOTE: FA is exempt from this rule, due to his contribution to this blaster)
  • Other Titans/Chimeras will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis. I want to have the gun testing finished by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45).
All other blasters are subject to range and power testing by the hosts. If any blaster is deemed unsafe to those on its receiving end, it will not be allowed. If you believe that your blaster is on that border of being too powerful, bring a backup so you won't be without a gun if it's disallowed.

---

ROUND SCHEDULE:

1. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

2. Option
  • Pistols (Staging Area)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
4. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

5. Lunch

6. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

7. Option
  • Group “A” Attack/Defend (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team DM (Undiscovered Country)
8. Great American Gorefest (The Grove)
  • Sudden death, free-for-all using springer pistols
9. Option
  • Group “B” Attack/Defend (The Grove)
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Staging Area)
10. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

Field Supervisors:
Kuhlschrank
One Man Clan
Rambo
Members of Mag7

There will be a 3 minute break between rounds. This will be enough to grab ammo and water, before the next round.

Team Selection: Teams for each round will be chosen by counting off by numbers. From there, we will balance teams as we see fit.

During any option round, once two options are completed and have returned to the staging area, "sudden death" will be called. At this point, a 5 minute time limit will begin, and any players remaining will have their hit points reduced to 1.

NOTE: For Attack/Defend, any players wishing to participate in these rounds will be asked to fill out their names on a signup sheet sometime before the lunch break. Depending on the interest, we will need to break that game type up into two sections. The player will sign their name and specify whether they would prefer to play gunslinger heaven, or multi-team DM. We will then try to make teams as far as possible for both balance in the game and allowing people to pick a game type for the other round.
---

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit #105 - Eatontown / Rt 36 East
Follow signs for Rt 36 East - Long Branch.
Make an immediate Right at the 1st Traffic Light onto Hope Rd.
Take Hope Rd. for less than 1/2 mile, merge Right onto the ramp for Rt. 18 South
Take Rt. 18 South for approximately 2 miles to Exit #12A - W Park Ave / OAKHURST
Merge on to W. Park Ave heading East, continue for approximately 2 miles
At the 4th Traffic Light turn Right onto Whalepond Rd.
Take Whalepond Rd. for 1 mile and turn Right into the 3rd entrance for the park
There should be a parking lot immediately on your right.
If you come to a traffic light you've gone too far, turn around and then make a left into the first entrance you see.

GPS COORDINATES:

40°15'21.85"N
74° 1'25.08"W

GOOGLE MAPS INFO:

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

PARK MAP:

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park.

The area designated "Trail Parking" is the preferred parking lot.
The area between "Leaf Compost Site" and "Bddy Soccer Field" offers additional parking along the fence.
The area designated "Overflow Parking" is probably a mile away from the actual Nerfing area. Arrive early.

---

PARTICIPANT LIST:

Definite: 80-85
Kuhlschrank
Magic
Groove
Vacc
Falcon
Baghead
Apollo256
Pillz
T.O.N.Y.

One Man Clan
ice
zack attack
Echnalaid
Captain Slug
Silencer
Guest (1) - Silencer
Zaxbys
Splitlip
Skitzo
Jlego
keef
Theygor
Longshot Wielder
numa-t49
Talio
Icespartan_1114
teleportingasiankid
flashflint
pitbull
Ubermensch
z80
Texansharpshooter
StealthMan
Forsaken_angel24
Deaddumpster
Crooked
Pearson
K-10
Krolik
Tank Rat
diamondbacknf1626
whitemoonlight
Seven7h Man (1-3)
ThatWasRandom
badger
Photobug
Guests - badger (3-5)
DX
Baked Tater
1337 (+2)
slowguitarman
Codename: Pending
Roamer
Galaxy613
fenixharth
Guest (7) - fenixharth
gszwabowski
Guest - gszwabowski
BustaDartInYourAss
Ferd
KevinFunny
Zack the Mack
Chalywong
gears
deadshooter711
Guest - deadshooter711
Rambo
Digitalkid
Analogkid
Biofreak2
ChemGoggles
Guests (2-3) - digitalkid
Ubermensch
Guest - Ubermensch

Maybe: 46-61
Guest (2-3) - Magic
analogkid
biofreak2
dizzyduck
Just Some Bob
amerikanidiot154
Guest (1-2) - amerikanidiot154
Guest (?) - Skitzo
Longshot Wielder
Dark Shrimp
Guest (1) - Longshot Wielder
Guest (1-2) - numa-t49
Wes7143
ballisticjoe
Guest (2-3) - faddle
Guest - flashflint
Guests (1-2) - pitbull
deadshooter711
Effeminate
Guest (1-4) - Effeminate
foamatron
Guest (5-8) - z80
Guest (1-4)- Chris is cool
DTReaper (1-2)
xCraiG iZ BeasT (2-3)
Cardiac-kid
Guests - badger (3-6)
deathdude23505
Guest - DX
Dragon216
Guest - Dragon 216
Twitch
Chris is cool
Mantis
Guest - Chalywong
gizidemo
---

OTHER NOTES: This will be used to answer other questions as needed.

The rounds will be varied. In order to give a large and small war appeal, we will be having multiple battles going on simultaneously during some points of the day.

This is going to be a huge war yet again. We're going to need your cooperation to make sure things run smoothly. Follow directions and we'll keep the day moving at a good pace. If you act like a moron, don't expect to have an open invite next year. If you piss us off, there are enough admins in attendance that one of us is bound to suspend you. You can find your responsibilities as an attendee in the first post. Don't act like a moron and this should be a really fun day.

#208832 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 February 2009 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

That was the correct call. The steelers knocked the ball loose before his arm moved forward. It was Warner's elbow that pushed the ball forward.

Regardless, the endless string of personal fouls by Arizona is what killed them. While some, like the roughing the holder, were questionable, most of them were stupid, bonehead moves. I wanted them to win, but Arizona did not deserve it.

#202692 March Meltdown

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 11 January 2009 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. It'll depend on how my senior project is going.

You can use:
Riverbank Dr
Pine Beach, NJ 08741 (In Google Maps)

MapQuest doesn't have a good address to use.

These instructions that we've used at every other Mill Creek war have worked well up until now:

Directions: From the Garden State Parkway Southbound:

* Take Exit 80 towards Route 9 and Beachwood.
* On the exit ramp, stay to the right, and you will be on Route 9.
* After getting off the ramp, you will drive back under the Parkway and bear to the right.
* Follow RT. 9 until you reach a 3 way intersection with Route 166, bear right as you go through the yield to stay on Rt. 9
* Follow Rt. 9 for a few miles, until you reach a traffic light at Ocean Gate Drive.
* Take the jug handle to make a left onto Ocean Gate Drive.
* After 100 feet, make a left onto Mill Creek Road.
* Follow Mill Creek Road to the end, where it will intersect Chelsea Ave
* Turn Left onto Chelsea, and the Park is a couple hundred feet ahead on your right.

#201977 Magnificent 7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 08 January 2009 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Ok guys, here is the deal on Apoc:

2/3's of the organizers of Apoc are not Mag 7. These rules are not necessarily going to be the rules for that war. We will discuss those details at a MUCH later date, especially after we get to see how some of the other Mag 7 wars go with these new rules.

As far as some of the air guns go, sit tight on them. These rules were largely constructed with respect to the guns we felt were detrimental to the competitiveness of a war, so it is understandable that some guns could be unfairly banned. Few rules are without exceptions, and expect these to be no different.

We are not trying to alienate people, we just want to ensure that everyone has a good, exciting, and fun time. Personally, I don't feel that sitting 120' away taking potshots at each other is very exciting.

#193229 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 December 2008 - 01:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm glad that everyone had a good time. Personally, I think you all should be jealous of me, as I got to spend that entire day in front of a computer screen, writing code for a wireless network.

I am especially glad that you two are okay after the accident.

In the next couple weeks, I'll start a planning thread for Reckoning, which will be at the same site, sometime in January. This one, I promise, I will be at.

Thanks for coming down, sounds like it was a very successful war.

#192460 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 November 2008 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

ice_spartan: Given the 28 total if all the maybes show up, the field would be about at it's max with 28. I wouldn't expect more than 18-24, based off prior experience with wars. You shouldn't run into issues with field size.

#192090 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 26 November 2008 - 03:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Ocean Gate?! What the fuck is with your area Tyler? Every time I ask, it's a different fucking name. Jesus Christ can't your local gov't get their shit together?

I always thought it was in Ocean Gate. It's on the border between Pine Beach and Ocean Gate, and I know it isn't Pine Beach. The problem is that all the towns on that side of the river are tiny as hell, and they all run right into each other, so it's sometimes hard to tell the difference

#191995 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 25 November 2008 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

The closest street address is 131 Chelsea Avenue Ocean Gate, NJ

If you go into google maps and search for "Mill Creek Park, NJ", it will be the first location on the list

#191852 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 25 November 2008 - 08:35 AM in Nerf Wars

100% attendance rate still alive after 3 years!

Really, Dux? Was that necessary?

Alright assholes, I can't make my own war, get over it. After 7 years of continuous nerfing, I think I'm allowed a mulligan.

This has also started showing up in my PM box, so just drop it.

#191063 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 21 November 2008 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of taking it easy... That remark was as tongue-in-cheek as him saying that I'm bailing on the war.

I'm doing it as a courtesy, the topic is already here, so it wouldn't hurt to keep it updated. I don't have time to spend all day at a war, but keeping one topic updated doesn't take much effort. If he was an admin, he could change it himself, but he isn't, so I'm being nice.

And it does matter who is nerfing in a park that the my clan brought into the community the better part of a decade ago. I just don't want some random nerfer, who I haven't met(and there are a few of them signed up for this war), taking over a war that I setup, and getting nerfers banned from that park. That is why I have the right to have concern over who is using the park. I wasn't outright banning people from trying to keep the war going, I just wanted to discourage those who might try, and then get in over their heads.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with Phil taking the reins on this, he started around the same time as me and has hosted his share of wars up at Tyndall. I hope everyone who signed up makes it, I want it to be a successful war.

#191049 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 20 November 2008 - 11:17 PM in Nerf Wars

For the record: Langley was not one of the people I talked to, but he won't get nerfers banned from my home field, so I won't voice a complaint.

I'm taking down the postponement notice on the first post, but I am not putting fucking Gankfest up on this topic.
I'll still update attendance, as people post.

#191022 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 20 November 2008 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, due to circumstances out of my control,(3 projects due the week after Thanksgiving) I will be unable to host this war. Instead I will partake in the amazing fun that is skipping my Thanksgiving break to study my ass off up at school.

At this point, the war is POSTPONED, until someone can take over

I have already talked to a couple people who I would trust with this task at my home field. At this point they are not definite, but if they can host, they will say so in this thread.

If they end up not being able to host, I apologize to you all. I will be holding Reckoning sometime in January, and since I'll be on break, that war will definitely happen.

#190728 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 19 November 2008 - 02:05 PM in Nerf Wars

The park is mainly trails, trees, and bushes. There is enough cover to let shorter-ranged weapons have a chance. The only building is a bathroom, and the small open-air pavilion where we leave our stuff. Homemade spring guns are allowed, homemade air-guns are not. The park closes at dusk, and in the winter, we can usually keep a war going until then. You'll have enough time to nerf to make the trip worth it. You are correct in assuming melee weapons are banned.

#190273 Massacre

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 17 November 2008 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn, right in the middle of my finals schedule. I will get up to a war there at some point, considering you guys have come down to two Apocs, already.

#189224 Armetorreta

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 12 November 2008 - 12:53 AM in Modifications

Norther's Vicarious

Norther's Vicarious

And to think I was the first, sigh.

Foehammer did this even before Nother did, but his is with a lbb.

I did a very similar thing, but with a 3k, HERE

EVERYTHING that involves older guns has been done before. Webbzter did this same thing in around '03-'04.

Weeman of the LCM replaced the whole pistol grip with a lock 'n load for a while.

It's a nice setup, and it makes use of that otherwise wasted pistol grip in the front.

#188800 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 10 November 2008 - 04:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes

#187629 Obama Has Won!

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 05 November 2008 - 12:21 AM in Off Topic

Read Vacc's post in the now-locked Vote topic.

We don't need these topics, It always devolves into a flame war.

Good night.

#186994 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 02 November 2008 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I would probably allow it, but I've seen some pretty beastly 2k's in the past. Bring it, but bring a backup primary, just in case.

#186844 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 November 2008 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

NOTE: Gun rules have been updated. See first post.

#184828 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 21 October 2008 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, The date is now set for Saturday the 29th, and the first post is updated.

At this point, unless you explicitly said it, I am putting everyone who spoke up about the date down as a maybe. As you find out, if you can confirm that you are a definite, please do so.

Hope to get as many of you to the Creek as we can, and hopefully some who haven't said anything, yet.

#184219 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 16 October 2008 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to give it a week from the first post, or until Tuesday the 21st, before I set the date, but it looks like it will almost definitely be on Saturday, the 29th. Again, I'll set the date officially on Tuesday.