Green-Buckshot's Content

There have been 171 items by Green-Buckshot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#156850 Nameless

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 24 May 2008 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

NATIVE CS-1

Nitefinder. Air Tech. Integration. Very. Extensive. Crossbow. Style. Version 1.

#156384 Bodega Shoe Store

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 20 May 2008 - 06:27 AM in Off Topic

Well, this sounds like bunk. Does the "door" even open?

#156345 Balloon Grenade

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 19 May 2008 - 08:33 PM in Homemades

THAT'S THE ATTITUDE! :D

As to your design, either a diagram or a picture would be appreciated. For mine, I attached a balloon (clothes pinned shut), to a wide coupler that house several 1/2 inch stefans... It later broke, after being stepped on.

#156326 Balloon Grenade

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 19 May 2008 - 07:02 PM in Homemades

I had a similar idea. And just for your information, a little decency and kindness goes a long way to making people here like you. As ashamed as I am to admit it, I only read the CoC once, yesterday. I simply subscribed to the idea that if you aren't an ass, and if you type so people can understand you, you can get by pretty easy. Oh, and searching helps.

#156324 L.i.d. +bow

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 19 May 2008 - 06:58 PM in Homemades

I'm gonna make a custom L.I.D. using craft-plastic... Damn that's nice.

#156277 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 19 May 2008 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

So here's a video of the thing in action. I'm still working on integrating everything, but school gets in the way. Enjoy.

Buzzsaw Video

I do NOT want to be on the receiving end of that... I love this mod.

#156222 Homemade Vulcan

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 18 May 2008 - 09:23 PM in Homemades

Dude... AMAZING.

#156061 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 17 May 2008 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

But there will be no zombocalypse, so I really don't have to worry, now do I?

You do have to worry. There is no consideration of IF the will be a large scale zombie invasion, but WHEN.

So, if there is a zombocalypse on the way, how exactly will it start? Where will these zombies come from? Is there any scientific evidence that suddenly zombies will start attacking people? Please explain.

I'm guessing that, similar to AIDS, the disease will have it's greatest population spread in Africa. It will emigrate to China by way of the Sudanese. From there, it will spread to South American countries by way of illegal organ trade. From there, the world...

#156059 Maximum Pumps

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 17 May 2008 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

I think that this could be a useful resource, but there is an inherent flaw in it. The number of pumps, as already proven here, is subjective. It can only be based on a simple mod yet it can vary from gun to gun. There seems to be no exact number. If a gun has a slow leak that the user can't detect, his gun may get more pumps. Some guns may get more or less pumps solely from how they were constructed at the factory. There is no way to absolutely say that X gun needs Y number of pumps and gets Z feet in distance.

On the subject of distance, that is another problem alltogether. First off, as we have all seen, everyone measures distance differently, though it is a well known fact that distance is best measured with a level shot. You leave it open to inconsistencies when pooling people for their ranges as they may either misjudge them, measure it by eyeballing it or walking it out instead of using a tape measure, shoot at an angle, or even lie about them (but no one lies about ranges...bullshit). Secondly, ranges can be different based on the modification process for each gun, making anything on this list inaccurate. Third, the dart used plays a factor. It would be best, if you are still persuing this project and wish to avoid turning it into a major flame war when people contest ranges, leave ranges off the list. Too many variables to get an accurate range.

I feel that this idea has merit, but there are way too many things that could throw off an "absolute" number of pumps per gun.

Badger, believe me, I appreciate the comment. I will leave out ranges. I am not going for an absolute number of pumps, simply an average, so someone doesn't blow an airtank.

#156055 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 17 May 2008 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

Separate:

I'm actually up to page three (I write longhand on double sided, college ruled paper), which means I have 6 page-lengths written. I'm gonna try to write a whole book.

#156054 Maximum Pumps

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 17 May 2008 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

If you've got ranges for plugged/ unplugged and the number of pumps, PM ME. You can post edits for me to make in the forum.

#156032 Maximum Pumps

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 17 May 2008 - 08:36 AM in Modifications

Disclaimer: These ranges are average. NerfHaven.com and the author of this thread cannot be held liable for any damage to persons or property.

Buzz Bee Guns

====================

Big Blast
Unplugged: 8 pumps
Plugged: 40 pumps

NERF Guns

===============

AirTech 2000
Unplugged: 3 pumps
Plugged: 10 pumps

Titan [N-Strike]

Unplugged: 25 pumps
Plugged: 60 pumps

#155974 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 16 May 2008 - 06:47 AM in Homemades

BEAUTIFUL Writeup! This is a gun I might be able to make!

#155889 Slingshots

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 15 May 2008 - 06:41 AM in Off Topic

Hmm. I prefer using slingshots to shoot cans off of a fence, but now I need to get rid of mine due to legality issues. Damn. And about the goose thing, if you're going to kill it and eat it, go for it. Just don't torture the poor thing.

#155888 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 15 May 2008 - 06:38 AM in Off Topic

One thing I do when I am bored is look at buildings and vehicles and see how they stand up against zombies.

Noob. Raptors are a far more serious threat.

There is a funny thing about that. Some jackass scientists are actually trying to use fragmented dinosaur DNA with that of modern birds to recreate the things. So it really is only a matter of time before I have a random tyrannosaur outside my bedroom window. I just hope I don;t have to depend on Jeff Goldblum to save my ass. He takes so logn to say something that we will both be dead before he finishes a sentence.

As far as zombies go, I am not a bad shot with a handgun. My dad is a retired cop and owns several guns. Worst case scenario, I shoot my way to a car and drive like crazy to the Poconos.

Only destruction of the brain kills zombies. So all you need is one well placed shot. I would highly recommend a shotgun, because even though the chance of skull penetration is low, it acts as a solid wall of bullets, effectively slowing down multiple zack.

#155837 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 14 May 2008 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

I may post some of my own zombifiction because of this...

#155815 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 14 May 2008 - 05:06 PM in Off Topic

I LUUUURVE World War Z. I have it in hardback...

#155800 Fiction

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 14 May 2008 - 02:56 PM in Off Topic

A very interesting read. Being a hard-core zombie enthusiast, I must suggest you purchase The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. It will help you work some of the more unbelievable/ non-realistic portions out of your book. For instance, it would make more sense if they all lived on the upper floors, and the safe-house was on the roof. Also, mentioning that they disabled escalators and destroyed staircases would help. To keep themselves safest, I would build living spaces from the top down, connecting floors with retractable ladders, because zombies barely have the hand-over-hand coordination to climb a lader. Only 1 in 3 zombies will be able to get up the steps, but only 1 in 5 can climb a ladder. Finally, evacuating the main characters to somewhere west of the Rockies would boost their chances of survival. Good read though...

#155745 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 13 May 2008 - 09:02 PM in Homemades

Alright, I'll make a how-to write up. It might take me awhile though because i've got some other things going on and this gun was more of an impovised thing. If i do make a write up, should I post a new thread or post it in this one?

I'd suggest editing your first post and changing the title to L.I.D. Writeup!

#155646 Guitar Lessons

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

Well, I've been teaching myself for 3 years now. After you get the basics down you don't really need a teacher. You can get some TABS at this website. There really is no need for a teacher and online music is hard to find. Not much to it.

Personally, I prefer having a teacher break things down for me, and at the same time encourage me to figure it out myself, but I started on tabs.

#155634 Firefly Mod

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

solid job on the mod- it'll be my first one if it doesn't take me eternity to take out the screws <_< ...have you discovered anything new to improve this mod recently?

This mod is 3 years old :blink: . Why not PM the creator?

#155630 Wayne Tech Tri-fire Blaster

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

So around how many pumps do you suppose it could hold when plugged? If you pumped it to thirty and it was the same as your twenty then might it not be fully plugged? Ive never heard of 10 extra pumps doing nothing.

He already plugged it...

#155622 Wayne Tech Tri-fire Blaster

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

IMHO it looks like it has potential. I might want to see about picking one up...

A little disappointing, but then again, I wasn't intent on picking one up anyway.

#155576 New Recons

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

I wonder why Hasbro decided to put that sleeve back there.

Too many kids pwning themselves in the face with an armed rod.

lol Wouldn't surprise me.

It indeed looks like it could really help with doing the additional-stock-spring mod. So I guess that's a plus.

It could also serve to help reinforce the stock...

#155574 New Recons

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

I wonder why Hasbro decided to put that sleeve back there.

Too many kids pwning themselves in the face with an armed rod.

#155573 New Music...

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 12 May 2008 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

Annihilator, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Arsis, At The Gates, Atheist, Behemoth, Black Sabbath, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Cellador, Children of Bodom, Dark Angel, Dark Tranquility, Death, Deicide, Destruction, Dethklok, Emperor, Enslaved, Exodus, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, In Flames, Insomnium, Iron Maiden, Kalmah, Kreator, Meyhem, Megadeth, early Metallica, Morbid Angel, Motorhead, Napalm Death, Necrophagist, Nevermore, Nile, Norther, Opeth, Overkill, Satariel, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Sodom, Soilwork, System of a Down, Testament, Vadar, Venom, and Wintersun.

Metal for the win!!!

I like a lot of metal, and a lot of punk/ ska/ new wave. But not gay metal and punk/ ska/ new wave. Lenny still rocks the mothers of world leaders, and Black Sabbath still gives priests testicular cancer.

METAL:
_++88_____________________________
_++88_____________________________
__+880_________________________++_
__+888________________________+88_
__++880______________________+88__
__++888_____+++88__________+++8___
__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___
__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888___
___++888++8888+++888888++888___
___++88++8888++8888888++888____
___++++++888888888888888888____
____++++++88888888888888888____
____++++++++000888888888888____
_____+++++++000088888888888____
______+++++++00088888888888____
_______+++++++088888888888_____
_______+++++++088888888888_____
________+++++++8888888888______
________+++++++0088888888______
________++++++0088888888_______
________+++++0008888888________
________666666666

#155498 [video] My First Nerf Mod- Nite Finder

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 11 May 2008 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

Heh, I melted away the case with a soldering iron so that the pieces would fit. I wish I had a Dremel back then, as it would have been a lot easier.

I wouldn't do that. The released gas is toxic...

#155487 Modifications

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 11 May 2008 - 03:02 PM in Site Feedback

Either that, or you could keep it updated with the latest guns and the mods for them, so people wouldn't have to troll the forums looking for FF, NF, Maverick, Longshot, etc. mods...

There is a mod for the NF in that directory. The one on the main page I mean.

Yeah, I know, but how many people new to NERF have a SF or a LnL? I think we should remove those mods, or just keep them there as a little slice of site history...

#155484 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 11 May 2008 - 02:54 PM in Homemades

Nice, but if it has no trigger, why add a second handle for stability? Do you have three arms :lol: ? That would be awesome. Good homemade!

#155408 Net Gun

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 10 May 2008 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

Why not take a Big Salvo, and using PVC Elbows, angle each barrel slightly outwards, using weighted mega-stefans, and some type of course (small holes) netting to make it? You'd have to experiment with the angles of course, but do you see what I'm getting at?

#155361 Modifications

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 10 May 2008 - 02:43 PM in Site Feedback

Either that, or you could keep it updated with the latest guns and the mods for them, so people wouldn't have to troll the forums looking for FF, NF, Maverick, Longshot, etc. mods...

#155355 Firefly Mod

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 10 May 2008 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

For real... why do you people whine about wanting to kill topics?
There's new people that get into modding every day and when they type in "Nerf Firefly Mod" on Yahoo and they get taken directly to these very nice pages.
They're useful and people should be able to add to the topic without being harassed.
Even if it is a few years later, these topics can be added to and are still very useful.

Be thankful that people are still being trafficked to your website this way and don't be brats and shut us out of topics.

Please don't necro threads. If you have a problem with the rules, feel free to speak to the mods.

#155172 Ask Yourself

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 08 May 2008 - 02:50 PM in Off Topic

I can say that I've definitely thought of it before. After seeing the prices of X-bows and LnL's, I was thinking about hoarding Nitefinders. Then I got a job, and realized that with the space taken up by all those Nitefinders, and having to wait so long for their prices to go up, I'd be better off with a job. The extra $20 I may make in 2-3 years off selling a 1st gen NF is outweighed by the satisfaction I get from modding one and nailing someone 40 feet away in the head with a plastic toy gun, yelling "HEADSHOT" and trying to get into my room and lock the door before the victim decides to suplex me. Unfortunately, there have been a few times where I didn't quite close the door fast enough.

~ompa

Milk shot through my nose when I read that :D .

#155152 Ask Yourself

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 08 May 2008 - 06:34 AM in Off Topic

Quite honestly, I was just curious if anyone had ever had the thought before. I just opened my Disk Shot, and 1 NF. I gave the other two as gifts to younger cousins, then I broke mine (not my NiteVisionFinder, the one I opened recently)...

#155020 Retirement

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 07 May 2008 - 06:40 AM in General Nerf

*Salutes*

Good luck, sir!

#154910 Ask Yourself

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 06 May 2008 - 03:31 PM in Off Topic

Sort of like how the Mono Blast fell into obscurity behind the more popular LnL? God, I want a Mono Blast.

#154908 Ask Yourself

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 06 May 2008 - 03:27 PM in Off Topic

I have a modded NF. I integrated the NiteVision into it.

And I know about the code, I just like being precise...

#154900 Ask Yourself

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 06 May 2008 - 03:07 PM in Off Topic

I've been NERFing for awhile. I've had my fair share of old guns. I'm pretty sure I may have had a Lock 'N' Load at one point, but before I became serious about NERFing, it never dawned on me to save those guns. Now I find myself apprehensive before opening things... Should I open this Disk Shot/ Nite Finder EX-3? Now, there are plenty in stock right now, but I have a sneaking suspicion that these will be the Lock 'N' Loads tomorrow. I'm not trying to inspire paranoia, but for the future, I've got 3 NFs NIB, and one Disk Shot NIB, just in case...

Yeah, since I want people to comment, has anyone ever found themselves considering ideas like this? What have you done for the future of NERF?

#154898 A.b.s.t.r.a.c.t

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 06 May 2008 - 02:56 PM in Homemades

Yes. Yes it is. :D .

*Turns to OfAll, whispers, "He's on to us! Run"*

:blink: Non Sequitur goes here.

:lol:

#154704 Airtech 2000 Stock Add On

Posted by Green-Buckshot on 04 May 2008 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

Similar to the Crutch2k, only more compact... I like it.
Can you still open the gun?