Garrett76z's Content

There have been 68 items by Garrett76z (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#258187 Massacre 5

Posted by Garrett76z on 06 December 2009 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

We are aiming for the 30th.

This date is 99% confirmed.

As long as Fester is able to book that day off it will be on the 30th.

More details coming later.

K I'm probably out then. . .

#257812 Massacre 5

Posted by Garrett76z on 02 December 2009 - 11:31 AM in Nerf Wars

24th works for me to come up from Ohio. I definitely couldnt on the 31st.

#255766 Orange County Nerf Anniversary Picnic And Battle Royale

Posted by Garrett76z on 09 November 2009 - 04:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Good meeting you guys today! Thanks for being so welcoming to the non-Californian. Good to see a mix of new and old nerfers alike. I definitely gave the 2k's a workout. I'll be sure to check you guys out next time. . .

#255684 Orange County Nerf Anniversary Picnic And Battle Royale

Posted by Garrett76z on 08 November 2009 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

The picnic and war will go on as planned. I hope you can make it.

I will see you tomorrow.

#255510 Orange County Nerf Anniversary Picnic And Battle Royale

Posted by Garrett76z on 06 November 2009 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

So I'm out here in Cali and planning to show up to this war. Is it still at the above listed location? Same time, etc? Just need to make sure. . .

#255214 Orange County Nerf Anniversary Picnic And Battle Royale

Posted by Garrett76z on 03 November 2009 - 01:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna be out there this whole next week anyways. I think I will pack up the 2k's and get out there for this. Flying in from Ohio tomorrow morning . . .

#255198 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by Garrett76z on 02 November 2009 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

Hope it was a good one man.

#255154 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Garrett76z on 01 November 2009 - 11:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I have to give you credit for OWNING with those 2Ks.

Well, there were lots of other good players as well. I look forward to the next one.

#255110 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Garrett76z on 01 November 2009 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

he wrecks full steam into a tree and gets laid out on the ground. Good stuff.

Wrecking into a tree is not "Good stuff" done it myself, it sucks.

Agree to disagree i suppose, haha.

#255042 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Garrett76z on 31 October 2009 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a springer man myself, don't deal with air guns too often

So did I help change your mind today?

#255039 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Garrett76z on 31 October 2009 - 10:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Wish I could make it, I'll be out of town. Will definitely catch the next one.

#255038 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Garrett76z on 31 October 2009 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah it was a good time. First time getting out to an outdoor war hosted by someone from the NIC.

I think I had my best kill ever today, me and one of the cincy guys were running sideways shooting at each other, about 40 feet apart, and right when my dart was hitting him in the chest he wrecks full steam into a tree and gets laid out on the ground. Good stuff.

Also
-Two for one with my BBBB. Shot a guy's BBB and it bouned off hard enough to welt someones face.
-Rocking the 2k's so hard that people came up and bought 2 of em off me.

Thanks for organizing it.

#254076 Vinyl Dye On Stefans?

Posted by Garrett76z on 20 October 2009 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

I've done it. I use it to mark the back of my darts. Works awesome, and I haven't noticed the foam degrading at all.

Ryan, does it flake off if the dart is compressed/stepped on? I'm thinking I'd like to spray the sides of the dart, which get alot more wear and tear.

#254063 Vinyl Dye On Stefans?

Posted by Garrett76z on 20 October 2009 - 01:10 PM in General Nerf

Not a good idea. The solvent in the dye might melt your Stefans, it'll increase their diameter, and make them sticky in the barrel. You're better off taking the money you'd spend on dye and just use it to buy more Stefan supplies!

I'd like to limit responses to people that have actually tried it. Of course over 100 views and 1 response, it doesnt look like many have . . .

#254032 Vinyl Dye On Stefans?

Posted by Garrett76z on 20 October 2009 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

Anyone ever tried using vinyl dye on foam/stefans? Obviously regular paints flake off rather easily from darts. . . just looking for a better option. Figured I'd ask first rather than waste cash to experiment on one dart if it doesnt work.

Anyone?

#203088 Single Pump At3k

Posted by Garrett76z on 13 January 2009 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

Looks good man. This is mine from a couple years back...

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8049&hl=

#202781 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Garrett76z on 12 January 2009 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

$65 for 8 Blastfire DX-500's shipped.

I can see it now. . . you walk into a bank and slide off your trenchcoat only to reveal 8 blastfires pointed in every direction linked up to one red button on your chest like some crazy suicide bomber. . .

#202542 Magnificent 7

Posted by Garrett76z on 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM in General Nerf

EDIT: I wouldn't joke too much about injury. You weren't there when Nibordude took a crossbow shot directly to the eye at one of the BCNOs a few years ago. That incident is the one that made people across the country take eye protection seriously, as that eye is now permanently damaged.

Actually I started mandating eye protection after my best man got shot in the eye the night before my wedding in 2003. His eye was all bloodshot for my wedding pics. . .

#202539 Massacre 2

Posted by Garrett76z on 11 January 2009 - 12:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Highlights:

- My incredible ability to rush. (Inspired by Garrett.)

HAHA. Right on bro. Looks like it will be a different game come March! Will do my best not to miss it again!

I hope someone picked up the ball trash talking with Crooked, hahaha.

#202530 Magnificent 7

Posted by Garrett76z on 11 January 2009 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

Doesnt matter much to me what guns are allowed at this point but I find it funny that people keep using the phrase "serious injury". HAHA, seriously? Time to sack up boys, welts aint the end of the world. I've been shot from close range so many times from powerful guns, I cant even count. I shot this kid from about 12 feet with a highly modded at2k. . . in the lip. It busted open and bled immediately. Thats about the worst I've ever seen and guess what? He came back. I understand that a little pain makes you not wanna get shot . . . and thats a bad thing? Just asking for a reality check. . .

#202123 Massacre 2

Posted by Garrett76z on 09 January 2009 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Dang! I wish I was coming! Just too busy this weekend. . .

Have fun guys.

#202021 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Garrett76z on 09 January 2009 - 12:20 AM in General Nerf

Haha, this seems like a pretty good candidate for an ongoing thread. There isnt a better one on this topic at least.

#201930 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Garrett76z on 08 January 2009 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I picked up a longshot a couple weeks ago for $3.99 and got a vulcan today for $9.99. Both at the local goodwill.

#201923 Magnificent 7

Posted by Garrett76z on 08 January 2009 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

I'll throw in my .02 for what its worth. I've been here for along time and have hosted alot of wars in FL and OH. Recently I've been trying to get out to other peoples wars and got up to Massacre a month ago. I know this whole thing is being organized by the veterans and all, which is what confuses me. The more that I've played, the more I realize there is skill to the game. The vets should understand that. I couldnt care less what you bring to one of my wars, I will find a way to beat you. I agree with Rambo. I've been up against Doomsayer at close range in an indoor war . . . yes it was formidable but mostly because of who's hands it was in. Makes the game challenging. I just dont see a need to start banning all kinds of guns cause they are too powerful. You wanna use a big power single shot primary, fine, after you miss me expect to be rushed and if you manage to shoot me in the process I'll wear my welt proudly.

I can understand banning any gun that will keep people from attending your war. Otherwise why ban guns that may keep people from attending? Thats the point right? Get as many involved in the sport as possible.

That being said, I'd love to make it to one of these wars and go up against the big dogs. I'll bring a dinky 2k.

#201646 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Garrett76z on 07 January 2009 - 03:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok guys I'm finally going to contribute locally, haha.

Put me down as a definite. Hopefully I will bring two others.

I've hosted alot of wars in Florida and recently attended Massacre in Canada. Looking forward to a good local war!

#196732 Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 17 December 2008 - 11:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Actually I think I might tag it: Run and Gun vs. Run and Gun Me I Dare You!

Haha.

#196717 Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 17 December 2008 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Kickin photo right there!

#196554 Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 16 December 2008 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Should be fun to see some pics and video from the war. Since we captured every round of the day on vid, my vote is to cut out the dead space and show the whole day in fast motion, so like a 3-4min vid, maybe even labeling what each game was. I know it would be cool to see it say "Guardian" and then watch a 12 min game in 30 seconds, haha. And then also a video highlights reel of the top 10 best shots or something. Something condensed and nothing but action.

P.S. Crooked, sorry about your bloody forehead, HAHA.

#196191 Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 14 December 2008 - 06:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Well I had a long drive home back to Ohio last night, haha, I was nearly passing out for the last 100 miles! Anyways, I'm glad I came up. While I've hosted many wars this was the first time that I've ever attended someone elses or played with anyone from the forum. It was a great time and there was obviously alot of time, effort and money put into it happening. Thanks FA and Fester!

I think my favorite thing about this war was the sheer numbers of people we had. There were a few games that we played that were just frantic because there are so many people shooting at you. I personally love that! Like someone else mentioned it was cool to see so many new people enjoying the event and experiencing Nerf. I think that your wars can only get better from here. It was a good learning experience and I know Forsaken probably has some other ideas now about how to make it even better!.

Thanks again guys, had a blast.

#192471 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by Garrett76z on 28 November 2008 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

I stopped by TRU, Walmart, Kohls, and Target. Really didnt find anything of interest except for the 50% off at Kohls, however all they had left was one at2k and some nitefinders. Stupid though, they marked the at2k up to 13.99 so 50% off was 6.99. Big deal you can get em for that all day at big lots. Slightly better deal on NF's, marked up to 9.99 so 4.99 with the discount.

#192280 Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 27 November 2008 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

FYI if anyone is interested in attending this war from OH/MI area:

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14091

#192279 Driving From Ohio To Massacre

Posted by Garrett76z on 27 November 2008 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey everyone, I've decided that I'm going to make the trek up to Canada to attend "Massacre" hosted by Forsaken_Angel. I live near Dayton, OH and will be driving up on Friday the 12th and returning either late Saturday night or Sunday morning. If anyone is interested in riding along for this war I will be going north through Toledo, OH up through Detroit, MI and then on towards the Toronto area. Please PM me if you're interested and then contact Forsaken immediately since you must reserve a spot for this war.

Thanks.

#192275 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Garrett76z on 27 November 2008 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, I live in Dayton but unfortunately will be out of town at the time of this war. I just wanted to mention to you guys that are in the area that I will be driving up to Canada for "Massacre" hosted by Forsaken_Angel. If any of you are interested in going along contact me first and then Forsaken since you must reserve a spot. Just thought I would mention it to you locals. . .

#192032 *update * Whats Goin Down In Sarasota, Fl

Posted by Garrett76z on 26 November 2008 - 01:04 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Florida in Oviedo But where do you have wars they look like fun..

They are in Sarasota, FL. I will post up the location for the next one in December/January.

#190911 *update * Whats Goin Down In Sarasota, Fl

Posted by Garrett76z on 20 November 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

hey guys just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm not dead or anything haha. These wars still happen on occasion in Sarasota. I now live in Ohio but am able to come back for visits and organize these with the local Nerf crowd there. I was just down for a month and we just had another war with about 15 in attendance. I'm coming back down for the holidays and plan to have a big one sometime around new years. I'd like to make this one bigger so if anyone is interested just reply here or PM for more details.

EDIT: Shooting for the weekend of Dec 26th-27th or Jan 2nd-3rd.

#179272 Fall Ohio War

Posted by Garrett76z on 24 September 2008 - 10:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Well its been a LONG time since I've visited NH. I actually just moved up to the Dayton area, Xenia actually. Unfortunately I will be in FL at the time of this war but am very interested in coming to another local one. . .

#100113 Found It On Youtube

Posted by Garrett76z on 20 February 2007 - 06:01 AM in General Nerf

That's not really funny, it's actually the reason why we wear eye protection.

I find it hilarious

#99833 How Do You Remove Tape And Sticker Residue

Posted by Garrett76z on 14 February 2007 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Simple Green

#99647 Found It On Youtube

Posted by Garrett76z on 12 February 2007 - 06:13 AM in General Nerf

Short and sweet.

#99542 *update * Whats Goin Down In Sarasota, Fl

Posted by Garrett76z on 10 February 2007 - 02:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Well we had another fun war tonight. Played for about 4 hours with several new creative rounds. We were missing several regulars and still had 10 guys so I thought we had a decent turnout.

We started off with some modding . . .

First a couple guys . . .

Posted Image

Then more showed up. . .

Posted Image

Then I thought I'd take some pics of the main open area of the building we war in. This is just the gym, we also use all the classrooms, hallways and upstairs.

We generally turn all the lights off with a couple well placed black lights, so this whole gym area just has a slight glow to it.

Posted Image

Posted Image