sci-olyrocks's Content

There have been 36 items by sci-olyrocks (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#293514 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 28 January 2011 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Is it worth the $55 price tag? (Found here @ toysrus.com.

#283204 Barrel Break Single Fire Issue

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 15 August 2010 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

I have noticed the same thing with my barrel break. You just have to try harder to single fire and apply 1/2 of the normal pressure to fire the 1st dart. It is a whole lot easier to just fire both at the same time though.

#282956 Alpha Trooper Mod

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 12 August 2010 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

Yep. You're right. If you are a lefty, all you have to do is put the drum in upside down and backwards and it will fit. No cutting necessary.

#282767 Alpha Trooper Mod

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 10 August 2010 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

I might just cut off the entire bottom grey piece if I decide to make the recon stock a power stock, that is if I have the time. After this week, I'm back into the long hard year of school and sports.

#282761 Alpha Trooper Mod

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 10 August 2010 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

Yes it is but I don't have big hands so this mod is perfect. Now my alpha trooper can have a 35 dart mag and a spare 18 dart mag in the stock waiting to be used.

#282746 Alpha Trooper Mod

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 10 August 2010 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

More updates on my Alpha Trooper. Now we all know that the 35 dart raider drum mag does not, cannot and will not fit into the recon stock, no matter how you do it.
Posted Image

But will the Alpha Trooper's 18 dart drum mag?
Posted Image

It fits better on the stock than the 35 drum mag.
Posted Image
But it is not flush/flat like the regular clip is.
Posted Image

So, we have to trim it down a bit.
Posted Image
1st of all, this bar is in the way. You have to cut it down to look like this. You have to cut a little past the ridge in the middle. This requires a lot of trail and error testing to see if it fits)
Posted Image
But be careful to not cut all the way through! Or else your recon stock will be useless (like my 1st one is now).

Now the 2nd thing getting in the way is is on the front part that goes over the black piece on the recon/raider/alpha trooper.
Posted Image
You have to cut on the red lines, while trying to avoid the screws and screw door. (The grey lines are where it used to be.)
You only go as deep as the ridge below the orange tab.

Posted Image
Now it is not touching the grey bar.

Posted Image
And that little part you cut out in the yellow piece makes it so that it hold it better.

Now you have to cut a little off the back bottom grey part on the Alpha trooper on the left side. If you want this to work with a recon or raider, then you would have to do the same thing.
Posted Image

Now diagonal cut in the recon stock is flush even with the gun.
Posted Image

TA DA! You can now fit a Alpha Trooper Drum in a recon stock perfectly.
Posted Image

I will update other mods soon. This is my mod and I have not seen any one else to do so.

And there is enough room for my hand(mid teenager) to fit between the drum mag and the handle. Since I am right handed, the drum does not affect my hand. Left handed people will be affected by this unless they put the drum clip upside down in the recon stock.
Posted Image
Without hand.
Posted Image
With right hand on trigger.
Posted Image
With left hand on trigger and drum flipped upside down.

#282740 Alpha Trooper Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 10 August 2010 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

An update to my findings. The only other reason it is jamming is because people are not priming it hard enough, and the boltsled is not hitting a little nub inside the gun, causing it to get stuck. Internal pics up soon.

#282688 Alpha Trooper Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 10 August 2010 - 10:53 AM in Modifications

I know that this is not related to the AT AR removal, but I think I have found the jamming problem that everybody is reporting. As you push the handle forward after priming the gun, the boltsled passes over the clip and then over this piece directly in front of the clip. The blotsled is hitting this piece on the the right side, and it is especially noticeable when you put a raider drum in the AT. All you have to do is sand this little notch to make it flush and it will not jam in this way.

Here is a pic of the inside.
Posted Image

Here is a pic showing you what to do. The blue parts show you the left side which you do not touch.
The red area is where the boldsled is hitting. The arrow is pointing to the little notch which you need to sand down.
Posted Image

#282639 Alpha Trooper Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 09 August 2010 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

And in my alpha trooper, the plunger tube spring was black, as were all the other springs. It was not silver, and preformed bad for some reason. That is why I later swapped it with one of my extra stock recon springs. That gave it some kick to ranges.

Edit: After reviewing your photos, your alpha trooper came with a black spring too, but you decided to change it and not tell anybody.

#282329 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 06 August 2010 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

I just picked up an Alpha Trooper this morning. It preforms great for a stock gun(~30 ft.), but I thought I would make it better buy preforming some basic mods.

Posted Image
Posted Image

First of all, I removed the AR by drilling it out. It took me a while because there was some new piece inside the tube that I have not seen in other clip system reverse plunger guns. (That piece is not pictured)
Posted Image

I then covered up the little hole in the tube with a little piece of duct tape.
Posted Image

And finally I put duct tape around the plunger tube for better spring compression.
Posted Image

I also made made it possible to move the jam door at any time. It is the same as on the longstrike.
It now gets 40+feet, and I've seen it get 60, but that is because streamlines are crazy darts.

#281990 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 03 August 2010 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

If you take out the divider, you can fit 7 clips in vertically.

Posted Image

If you put them down horizontally, you can stack 5 on top of each other and put 2 vertically on the side, for a total of 7.

Posted Image
Yes, I know that it looks like you can fit another clip horizontally. I took this pic before I realized you could put 5 on top of each other.
I would rather hold them all vertically, though. I think it looks better.

#281984 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 03 August 2010 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

The box says that it can also hold clips. I don't know how many but I will try it right now.

Posted Image
Edit: It can hold 3 clips with the divider in place, so 6 all together.

#281967 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 03 August 2010 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

OK. So the new Nerf camo ammo has been hitting Targets across America for $20. I've had mine for about 2 days and wanted to share my thoughts about them with everyone. So far, as I've seen, only the Snow Digital Whistler camo and Woodland Digital Suction Cup camo are at Targets. There is a streamline camo too, as seen from Hasbro.com, but it is not available yet. So here we go.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Each camo set comes with a pouch whose colors match the Nerf darts. It comes with 50 camo darts, and advertises that the pouch can hold 100 Nerf Darts(but I think it can hold more, if your darts are in perfectly straight). On the inside of the pouch/bag, there is a removable divider that you can use to divide your bag into two parts. On the back of the bag, there are two loops that you can fasten a belt or the bandolier strap through so you can carry it with you.

Posted Image
Now on to the darts. In performance, the woodland suction cup darts preform about the same as the regular blue/black/glow-in-dark suction cup darts. No range difference. But with the snow whistlers, I find that they get a a good 5-10ft. more than regular whistler darts. My hypothesis: Each and every camo Nerf dart is different. Hasbro makes these darts the way they make most darts, but with added step at the end. The base color to the woodland suction cup darts is brown and the base color to the snow whistlers is white. Hasbro then adds 2 different colors on top of the base colors to make that camo effect. The colors added on top of the darts is not colored foam, but I consider it like a temporary tattoo material(I have no idea what it is called). These "tattoos" are placed on the darts in the same relative location, but since the darts are round, are in different spots on the dart(It is hard to explain so just look at the picture. The woodland suction cups darts show it better than the snow whistler).
Now when I try putting a snow whistler in a maverick, it feels tight when going in(haha i get it twss). I think this is because of the "tattoo" colors on it, which make a perfect plug in the barrel, forcing the are to completely push the dart out of the barrel, with no air escaping out the sides. Now I don't know why this doesn't affect the suction cup camo, but that is just what I've seen using my camo darts.

I hope this helps people that are teeter-tottering on buying camo darts. Now the two most important cons to camo darts are: 1. they are kind of expensive. and 2. You will lose them easier than regular darts. I'd recommend them for an indoor Nerf war, but the idea of taking these outside is outside of the question. But on the plus side you get a bag that is more maneuverable than the ammo box. The choice is yours but I hope this helps.

-sci-olyrocks

#281945 Alpha Trooper Jamming Problem

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 03 August 2010 - 08:22 AM in General Nerf

He is probably using a mac if he is not capitalizing. I know because I have one. But that is still not an excuse to not follow the rules.

If the alpha troopers are excessively jamming though, then people should wait to see if Hasbro fixes it.

#281903 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 02 August 2010 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

If I wanted to buy it, it would just be for the clear clips. I'm sure someday Nerf will make a clear flip clip or bandolier package, which I would certainly get.

#281893 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 02 August 2010 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

I'd like to know how big this thing is, measurement-wise. Like, is it only made to fit 10-year-old kids, or can it be adjusted for decent-sized young adults?

That is definitely a 10 year old on the front of the box. Just kidding <_< . But seriously, I would also want to know if it is adjustable to fit different sized people.

#281084 Lino 3

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 23 July 2010 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

When was the war before? Because i'm going down to port jeff to see my aunt next week? I wish it was then and not the 29th!

#281005 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 22 July 2010 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

So the pegs holding the maverick turrets in place broke the other day on my double turret mav. So I decided to do the complete turret removal mod. It turned out nice, and I now have 2 turrets that can be swapped in or out quickly.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#280998 Nerf Big Blast On Target

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 22 July 2010 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

It also says that it is N-Force, not N-Strike. And before it was called the Stampede it was called the Big Blast. Target is probably just getting information to put on their website. Remember when everyone thought the name was the Stampede ECS-50, well target is trying to justify that by saying it comes with a 50 round drum mag and 50 darts. We all know from the official Hasbro/Nerf press release that:

"The NERF N-STRIKE STAMPEDE ECS blaster also comes complete with one six dart Clip and three extended Clips which hold 18 darts each, offering the highest Clip capacity from NERF yet."

So there is no 50 dart drum mag.

#280863 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 21 July 2010 - 08:54 AM in News

Kevinericon's video of the spectre is up on youtube.

Link

#280622 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 18 July 2010 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

Okay. I like to think of this as my first mod. I have taken out AR on all of the recons, but have done nothing like this before.

Posted Image

A double barrel maverick. One barrel sits to the left of the gun and the other to the right when neither are in the center. When one is in the center, the other is comfortably away from the one rotating so it can work.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I originally wanted to do a right sided loading maverick, but decided to do the double barrel one after seeing Dive236's youtubevideo. So, I AM NOT THE CREATOR OF THIS MOD!. I just wanted to see if I could replicate it. I think that no one came forward before Dive239(from youtube) and believe that this is his mod. If I am wrong, please tell me as I would like to know who is the creator of this mod. The only other mods dome to this are that all AR are gone from both barrels and the 3 pennies behind the spring for spring compression.

#280431 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 16 July 2010 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

I might just but it for the 3 18 dart clips it includes, the grip/bipod and the shield. I think the gun is the only extra that comes with the set.

Edit: I learned from the facebook page that it also includes a 6 dart clip, for a total of 60 darts! It was never Stampede ECS-50, it is Stampede ECS-60!

#279196 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 01 July 2010 - 06:12 PM in News

An unboxing video has appeared on youtube.

Link

#279115 You Guys Might Like This!

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 30 June 2010 - 11:03 PM in General Nerf

Pretty sweet. Someone has already posted this in the Nerf Product Awareness thread though.

I posted it in the alpha trooper thread to show everyone that the alpha trooper has the spot for an extra dart inside the handle. Go to 57 seconds in the video to see it. You can also get a preview of the tactical shield. Go to the product awareness page to see the front of it.

#279035 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 30 June 2010 - 12:23 PM in General Nerf

Update: I found a picture of the Alpha trooper inside its box.

Posted Image

#278516 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 11:22 PM in News

Remember, it is going to be a Toys 'r' us exclusive in the states. I don't think that it will be priced over $30 though, because it looks like a reverse plunger. Those vents could be there to show you which chambers are primed and which are not, so it has a slim chance of not being a reverse plunger.

#278513 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 10:42 PM in News

Never mind.

#278512 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 10:40 PM in News

Do a search and you'll see a video.

I'm not posting it here to comply with NH's rules. But since more pictures came out, I think it's ok.

Wait a minute, that is your video. How did you get the gun so early?

#278511 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 10:36 PM in News

1. The box says that it comes with whistler darts, which it does, according to the picture.

2. After paying close attention to the blurb of directions on the side of the gun, you load the darts in the barrel after you "break" it open, hence the name, barrel break.

Wow, you're pretty clever! Did you figure all that out on your own! I never would have guessed!

Thing looks cool, but I'm prepared for the inevitable letdown.

Well, with others saying that it is rear loading, i did not understand what the meant, but now I do. I was thinking that the rear loading they were talking about was you load the darts from somewhere in the back of the gun. Now I know that it means in the back of the barrel, compared with a front barrel loading system.

#278497 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 08:35 PM in News

1. The box says that it comes with whistler darts, which it does, according to the picture.

2. After paying close attention to the blurb of directions on the side of the gun, you load the darts in the barrel after you "break" it open, hence the name, barrel break.

#278454 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 01:15 PM in News

I think it unlocks the barrel so that it can be loaded somewhat like how a shotgun is loaded.

#278449 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 24 June 2010 - 12:28 PM in News

I have found a picture of the barrel break in it's box. It has the instructions on its side, which you can get a good idea of how you load it.

Link

#278010 Picture Found Of Nerf N Force Mace

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 18 June 2010 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

It does look new. When i tried to see if it was at a target store, a box came up saying that they were updating their inventory on that item. That, plus the fact that it has the new silver/metallic bar across the bottom of the package, like other nerf product now have, suggests that it is new.

UPDATE: While I was typing this, unTrained NERFER posted his response. And he is right concerning where this should have been posted.

#277699 "clear The Way"

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 14 June 2010 - 07:44 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for the clear up. I just hope that it is still released with the other clear blasters on August 1st, because I think that the raider is the best Nerf gun and having it be transparent would be awesome. By the way, how did you get that package from Nerf? Did Hasbo just send out some "limited edition" packages with the clear blasters early to some special people?

#277638 "clear The Way"

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 13 June 2010 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

Why was the (clear) raider not in the picture? I heard somewhere that something was wrong with the clear one, can anyone confirm this? That could explain it but because you received the package, you know more than I do.

#268584 Deploy Problem

Posted by sci-olyrocks on 08 March 2010 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

When i took my deploy apart, it took me a whole day putting it back together because of all the parts that are involved in having it "deploy." but i think the other guys hit it right on the nose on how to put it back together properly so that it will work correctly. It took me 8 tries before i got it even after looking at all kinds of pictures of the inside. you MUST be patient with this blaster as it is extremely complicated.