hawkshot's Content

There have been 78 items by hawkshot (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288453 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by hawkshot on 15 November 2010 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

CoughHe'sprestigedalreadyCough

Anyways, 1.7 kd and I'm loving this game.

GT: Hawksh0t

#287988 Pumpsnap A La Rork

Posted by hawkshot on 05 November 2010 - 06:57 PM in Homemades

The oak to PVC ratio makes me giggle like a little girl inside. I want one.

#287461 Countdown To Death

Posted by hawkshot on 24 October 2010 - 08:02 PM in Off Topic

Jordtron's birthday?!?!??

Posted Image

#287121 The Clothespin Trigger Mk2

Posted by hawkshot on 18 October 2010 - 05:55 AM in Homemades

the ColdSNAP.

ColdSNAP, huh?

Aside from me making myself look like a major nerd, I wanted to briefly give a hell of a lot of kudos. The only problem I can see along the road for the design is the half-pipe connected to the screw. Possibly(and I also do not know much about the clothespin trigger) could you use a full circle connected to the screw, and create a more noticeable indent into the cpvc, or only cut one 180 degree(looking down at the plunger rod) cut?

#286522 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hawkshot on 03 October 2010 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Well, I thought I would never say this, but my Stormfinder needs an upgrade.
Posted Image
My new pistol.
Oh, you just think that this is just a normal 1st gen modded NiteFinder, right?
Complete with:
PT replaced-Spring replacement(industrial)-Seal improval-Super duper long screw so the plunger head will never fly off-
Catch spring with a higher constant than a K19(don't take my word on it though)-Minimization-Brass compartments in handle for dart storage-Draw extended

Well guess what; you're wrong. So, so wrong.
Posted Image
One side clear, one first gen. Sooo sexy, it looks extremely badass in person.
Ranges, you might say? They're enough, but definitely more than my old pistol. No padding on the plunger head? Why should I, when they never meet.

#284124 Septembwar

Posted by hawkshot on 27 August 2010 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm out. See all of you next time there's a Savannah/Atlanta war.

#283701 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by hawkshot on 21 August 2010 - 08:16 PM in Off Topic

I know someone who only plays balloon TF2. I tried playing, but I never got a hold of floating.

#283700 A New Cpvc Ls

Posted by hawkshot on 21 August 2010 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Being a junior LS aficionado(Rogue=supreme), I believe you just took a perfectly working LS with a working bolt sled and singled it.

;)

#282755 The Snap-7 Microbow

Posted by hawkshot on 10 August 2010 - 06:31 PM in Homemades

I'm up for buying one, if you can find something to ship it in lol.

#282512 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by hawkshot on 09 August 2010 - 07:25 AM in Nerf Wars

I am going to try to make it to next years, looks like lots of fun.

#282032 Alpha Trooper Jamming Problem

Posted by hawkshot on 03 August 2010 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

This happens with my raider and deploy when I try to fire very fast. The gun is not catching, and the spring pushes the bolt sled forward into a lock. I took the lock out in my deploy because it was freaking me out that when I would not prime the gun I was slamming the bolt sled with force into this lock.

#281807 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hawkshot on 01 August 2010 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

First documented modified CLEAR deploy on NH and NR(I don't check nhq);
Posted Image
Hoppered LS, shoots very well:
Posted Image

#281570 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by hawkshot on 29 July 2010 - 08:14 AM in Off Topic

Bump, can anyone provide a model name and brand for me to look at? I'm fairly good with troubleshooting but computer shopping for something other than a mac...well... I need help.

#281496 Septembwar

Posted by hawkshot on 28 July 2010 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Accidental double post.

#281495 Septembwar

Posted by hawkshot on 28 July 2010 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

If I'm there, I'll have lots of wyes to let people borrow....

#281463 Septembwar

Posted by hawkshot on 28 July 2010 - 07:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm bringing the camera.

#281398 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by hawkshot on 27 July 2010 - 05:08 PM in Off Topic

So, I'm kinda on the line with Macbooks right now, and I'm willing to save up for a nice gaming desktop. Should be able to run Sony Vegas 9, Steam, and stuff like that just fine for the next couple years. Any suggestions? Busta?

#280945 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by hawkshot on 22 July 2010 - 09:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Dead thread reviving!

Carakki of NRev has finished the CFNF 4 war video. You can watch it here.

#280385 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by hawkshot on 16 July 2010 - 11:53 AM in Off Topic

My friend got the $700 Asus laptop, and he's playing on Steam with it just fine. He also plays COD4 for the PC alot, and the graphics were great. Specs were like 4 gigs of RAM, 500 gigabite hard drive. Shouldn't be hard to find on the website.

I'm actually kind of jealous, considering I have a MacBook to run games off of.

#280299 Septembwar

Posted by hawkshot on 15 July 2010 - 07:09 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a likely maybe.[sarcasm] I need to shoot rork pointblank with something again [endsarcasm].

Edit: if Zax still has only an NF by this time I have some stuff he can use.
Edit2: When you say #8 washers only, what about #6 washers?

#280140 Rsno - A Fl War That's Not At Freedom Park!

Posted by hawkshot on 13 July 2010 - 09:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Carakki from Nerf Revolution is hosting a war. The post is what follows.

All righty, folks, it's time for the first RSNO - RiverSide Nerf-Out. Let's get on to the details:

Date: August 7th (DATE SET).

Time: 10 AM to exhaustion or nighttime, whichever comes first. I imagine things will cool down between 4 and 6.

Location: NOT Freedom Park! Keeping in line with its name, RSNO will be held at 22nd Street Park on the Hillsborough River. The Google Maps/Mapquest address is 7801 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL. Here's an aerial photo of the field:
Posted Image

The park is quite large, with a massive field dominating about two-thirds of its bulk.
Posted Image

The field area has a nice manhole-mound in the middle of it that could serve as a Defend the Core or Nodes point:
Posted Image

The northwestern border of the park is forested and holds small 'arena' pockets among the trees:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Clothing: This is Florida in the summer. It will be hot and it will be humid. Dress accordingly.

Guns:
Bring:
-A primary.
-A backup primary/secondary.
-A pistol. A pistol is defined as a spring-powered one-handed gun that must be reloaded and primed between shots. Speedloaders will not be allowed during pistol rounds.
Don't bring:
-Guns that shoot over 200 feet (for safety reasons).
-Anything liable to explode.

Darts: When we went out to test the location, we went in with a brand-new batch of 50 darts. We came out with 10. This field is massive and has long grass. I highly recommend marking your darts. Numerically, you should bring at least 100. I will be selling darts at the war itself.

Food: You can either bring a lunch or, if enough people are interested, we can pool our resources and get a few 'zas. Also, water falls into this category. Don't leave home without it. I will be selling bottles at the war.

Safety:
-Eye protection is mandatory for all players under the age of 18. If you are over 18, the choice is yours, but eye protection is highly recommended.
-No 'tack' or 'death' darts.
-No exposed weights on darts.
-No slingshot-weighted darts.

Money: I will be selling darts and water at the war. As mentioned above, we may pool our resources to order pizza. In addition, this will be a 'swap meet' of sorts (yes, Rogue, I'm stealing your term) at which people can buy, sell, and trade. Don't come unprepared.

I think that covers everything. Remember to note which date is good for you. I'll keep a running attendance list here:

Definites: (9)
Carakki
Bear
Ducky
Cuppa Steve
Rogue
Semperfi
yugi9653
Bruce(theshark)
Hawkshot

Maybes: (9)
Cuppa Joe
Anthrax(theterrorist)
Ultimate
Ducky's brother
Goose +1
Homa
sig
Court

#279845 Slide Action, Magazine Fed Side Arm: Sas-5

Posted by hawkshot on 09 July 2010 - 02:25 PM in Homemades

How did you construct the shell?

#278705 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by hawkshot on 27 June 2010 - 07:06 AM in Nerf Wars

My apologies for being there for a short amount of time. It's just not one of those things you can change.

Anyways,

-Meeting Carakki and his crew
-Seeing the regulars again
-Ran out of darts
-Rogue's guns are too powerful
-I sat out 2 rounds attempting to fix a MaxShot
-My guns need to be upgraded, I'm still sporting a BBB spring addition and no integration on Optimus
-Chicken and his dad are awesome
-I wantz a snapbow. Naow.
-I was only there for 3 hours....sorry guys.

And more as it comes to mind.

#278488 Longshot Breech Questions

Posted by hawkshot on 24 June 2010 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Yes, simply by adding a peice of 17/32 brass inside the 9/16, you can make the barrel smaller.

Lies. You have to make all the pieces of brass one size smaller in the whole system. If you just add a new brass piece, the gun will not function correctly.

#278356 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by hawkshot on 23 June 2010 - 10:05 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has an electronic "flag" or 2 please bring them for CTF.

I believe I have one.

Edit: Zaxbys, nerkum, everyone else who are maybes: Sound off please?

#277860 Cfno 2

Posted by hawkshot on 16 June 2010 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Postponed to a future date.

#277265 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by hawkshot on 09 June 2010 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19662]10th [FL] CFNO 2[/url]

#277264 Cfno 2

Posted by hawkshot on 09 June 2010 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

So, I've noticed we haven't been very up to date on updating NH on our FL wars. Let's change that.

NOTE: WE MEET AND "SET UP" AT THE SHADED PLAYGROUND, A 30 SECOND WALK FROM FREEDOM PARK.

When: July 10th, 2010 (Tentative), any suggestions on a date?

Where: Freedom Park
Gotha, FL

The real address is 351 Thornebrooke Drive, Ocoee FL.

Who's Attending:

Maybes:

Here's what to bring:
- A few guns; at least one primary and at least one *spring* pistol.
- Ammo, and a fair amount of it. If you forget you'll have to beg or buy some
- Eye Protection, you don't bring any, you can't play
- LUNCH AND DRINKS
- The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays and Crossfire Shields
- The ONLY melee weapons allowed are Nerf Brand Melee weapons, end of discussion

Here's what you shouldn't bring:
- The same rules apply here as they have in the past. If you don't know by now check the other threads or PM me.

We'll play a bunch of different games throughout the day:
- Team Deathmatch (2 and 3 teams)
- CTF
- Free for All
- Defend the Core
- Wingman

Other Rules:
- Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap, accompanied by saying, "Hit". I consider tapping a courtesy instead of shooting someone point blank with a powerful primary.
- A few wars I've been to has had people testing weapons by firing them at someone...If you're caught doing it I'll personally make sure you know it was a big mistake.
- Don't be a d-bag. We've had problems before with this, and if you don't follow this rule you're subject to being asked to leave.
- Do not call hits while the dart is mid-air. Say "Hit!" when you see the dart hit the person.
- Don't be negative.
- Please get there at 10. Let me know ahead of time if you live far away and traffic might change your arrival time.
- Treat sword kills like a barrel tap. Someone last war got some welts because someone else was hitting them like it was a baseball bat. Hit someone gently, and we won't have any problems.
- NO HOMEMADE AIRGUNS.
- If a gun is too powerful I have the right to spot-ban it
- No deathdarts.
- DARTS MUST BE A WEIGHTED WITH A SINGLE BB, SLUG STYLE, or 3/0 FISHING WEIGHT.
- All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!

Questions? Comments? Post in the thread, if it's of a personal matter PM me.

Mod party:

There will probably be a mod party before the war.

July 9th, 1 to 9, not much else. I'll have tables and things like that. Please RSVP to this.

#277001 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 06 June 2010 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I demand pics of the unfair gun

I swear, that thing was rediculous. It was a homemade air gun, constructed from something like 2 inch PVC that was around 4 inches long hooked up to a regulator he bought at Home Depot, so all the air didn't plop out at once. Connected to that when necessary was what looked like 3 feet of tubing which connected to a backpack of Pvc which connected to a bike pump with a psi guage. Don't worry Bob, he had psi guages all over this thing and didn't take it over 20 psi. Oh yeah, might I mention it also sported a three foot long cpvc breech?

#276926 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 05 June 2010 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, awesome war. Wish that rain had stopped. Right now, I have only one recap, but better recap to follow:

When I believe it was Venom who shot the unfair gun at the staging table, and the gust of air knocking over the Coca-Cola shake and spilling all over atomatron, sitting under the table to avoid the rain.

#276848 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 04 June 2010 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Hawkshot+1, John'll be there.

See you fellas in the morning.

#276755 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 03 June 2010 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

What's the attendance looking like?

#276570 Breaking Nerf News!

Posted by hawkshot on 01 June 2010 - 03:01 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday to this fine machinist!

What he said!

Happy birthday!

#276556 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 01 June 2010 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, unless there's a natural disaster or car failure.

#276450 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 30 May 2010 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyone have some darts I can use?

#276309 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 28 May 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

You're staying with John, right? I live like a 2 minute walk away from him, really close. I could very easily provide you with transportation and blasters. Even if you don't go to this war, we should still try and meet if possible. It would be an honor.

No, but the hotel we're staying at is only 15 minutes from the park. My chances are looking good for making this.

#276307 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hawkshot on 28 May 2010 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

What is the first of my summer modding, a preview for a contract for SoggyStefan(kinda, we share guns) and what I'll hopefully be using at the SPANO tuneup:
Posted Image
Lego Atlantis Harpoon Blaster. Elbow secured onto the airtank, dremeled out spot in shell, and a spiffy RSCB with a clear PVC clip and a CPVC barrel. No dart door, because I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to buying the materials. Shoots harder then your regular Big Blast. The new pivot trigger-bigger back tank designs are making these guns almost as powerful as Titans.

#276291 Late Spring Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by hawkshot on 28 May 2010 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Woah. I'm in minnesota that weekend.

I'm a maybe. Please don't bail out on the last second guys.

I'll have a blaster, but I need stefans and would be willing to pay at the war for some.

#275688 Singled Longshot Broken?

Posted by hawkshot on 23 May 2010 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

You might not be receiving full plunger movement, and therefore not letting that o-ring seal.

#275683 Singled Longshot Broken?

Posted by hawkshot on 23 May 2010 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Are you still using the original black piece that touches the head of the plunger? If so, did you keep the o-ring?