- → hawkshot's Content
There have been 78 items by hawkshot (Search limited from 27-November 93)
Aside from me making myself look like a major nerd, I wanted to briefly give a hell of a lot of kudos. The only problem I can see along the road for the design is the half-pipe connected to the screw. Possibly(and I also do not know much about the clothespin trigger) could you use a full circle connected to the screw, and create a more noticeable indent into the cpvc, or only cut one 180 degree(looking down at the plunger rod) cut?
My new pistol.
Oh, you just think that this is just a normal 1st gen modded NiteFinder, right?
PT replaced-Spring replacement(industrial)-Seal improval-Super duper long screw so the plunger head will never fly off-
Catch spring with a higher constant than a K19(don't take my word on it though)-Minimization-Brass compartments in handle for dart storage-Draw extended
Well guess what; you're wrong. So, so wrong.
One side clear, one first gen. Sooo sexy, it looks extremely badass in person.
Ranges, you might say? They're enough, but definitely more than my old pistol. No padding on the plunger head? Why should I, when they never meet.
I'm actually kind of jealous, considering I have a MacBook to run games off of.
All righty, folks, it's time for the first RSNO - RiverSide Nerf-Out. Let's get on to the details:
Date: August 7th (DATE SET).
Time: 10 AM to exhaustion or nighttime, whichever comes first. I imagine things will cool down between 4 and 6.
Location: NOT Freedom Park! Keeping in line with its name, RSNO will be held at 22nd Street Park on the Hillsborough River. The Google Maps/Mapquest address is 7801 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL. Here's an aerial photo of the field:
The park is quite large, with a massive field dominating about two-thirds of its bulk.
The field area has a nice manhole-mound in the middle of it that could serve as a Defend the Core or Nodes point:
The northwestern border of the park is forested and holds small 'arena' pockets among the trees:
Clothing: This is Florida in the summer. It will be hot and it will be humid. Dress accordingly.
-A backup primary/secondary.
-A pistol. A pistol is defined as a spring-powered one-handed gun that must be reloaded and primed between shots. Speedloaders will not be allowed during pistol rounds.
-Guns that shoot over 200 feet (for safety reasons).
-Anything liable to explode.
Darts: When we went out to test the location, we went in with a brand-new batch of 50 darts. We came out with 10. This field is massive and has long grass. I highly recommend marking your darts. Numerically, you should bring at least 100. I will be selling darts at the war itself.
Food: You can either bring a lunch or, if enough people are interested, we can pool our resources and get a few 'zas. Also, water falls into this category. Don't leave home without it. I will be selling bottles at the war.
-Eye protection is mandatory for all players under the age of 18. If you are over 18, the choice is yours, but eye protection is highly recommended.
-No 'tack' or 'death' darts.
-No exposed weights on darts.
-No slingshot-weighted darts.
Money: I will be selling darts and water at the war. As mentioned above, we may pool our resources to order pizza. In addition, this will be a 'swap meet' of sorts (yes, Rogue, I'm stealing your term) at which people can buy, sell, and trade. Don't come unprepared.
I think that covers everything. Remember to note which date is good for you. I'll keep a running attendance list here:
-Meeting Carakki and his crew
-Seeing the regulars again
-Ran out of darts
-Rogue's guns are too powerful
-I sat out 2 rounds attempting to fix a MaxShot
-My guns need to be upgraded, I'm still sporting a BBB spring addition and no integration on Optimus
-Chicken and his dad are awesome
-I wantz a snapbow. Naow.
-I was only there for 3 hours....sorry guys.
And more as it comes to mind.
Lies. You have to make all the pieces of brass one size smaller in the whole system. If you just add a new brass piece, the gun will not function correctly.
Yes, simply by adding a peice of 17/32 brass inside the 9/16, you can make the barrel smaller.
NOTE: WE MEET AND "SET UP" AT THE SHADED PLAYGROUND, A 30 SECOND WALK FROM FREEDOM PARK.
When: July 10th, 2010 (Tentative), any suggestions on a date?
Where: Freedom Park
The real address is 351 Thornebrooke Drive, Ocoee FL.
Here's what to bring:
- A few guns; at least one primary and at least one *spring* pistol.
- Ammo, and a fair amount of it. If you forget you'll have to beg or buy some
- Eye Protection, you don't bring any, you can't play
- LUNCH AND DRINKS
- The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays and Crossfire Shields
- The ONLY melee weapons allowed are Nerf Brand Melee weapons, end of discussion
Here's what you shouldn't bring:
- The same rules apply here as they have in the past. If you don't know by now check the other threads or PM me.
We'll play a bunch of different games throughout the day:
- Team Deathmatch (2 and 3 teams)
- Free for All
- Defend the Core
- Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap, accompanied by saying, "Hit". I consider tapping a courtesy instead of shooting someone point blank with a powerful primary.
- A few wars I've been to has had people testing weapons by firing them at someone...If you're caught doing it I'll personally make sure you know it was a big mistake.
- Don't be a d-bag. We've had problems before with this, and if you don't follow this rule you're subject to being asked to leave.
- Do not call hits while the dart is mid-air. Say "Hit!" when you see the dart hit the person.
- Don't be negative.
- Please get there at 10. Let me know ahead of time if you live far away and traffic might change your arrival time.
- Treat sword kills like a barrel tap. Someone last war got some welts because someone else was hitting them like it was a baseball bat. Hit someone gently, and we won't have any problems.
- NO HOMEMADE AIRGUNS.
- If a gun is too powerful I have the right to spot-ban it
- No deathdarts.
- DARTS MUST BE A WEIGHTED WITH A SINGLE BB, SLUG STYLE, or 3/0 FISHING WEIGHT.
- All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!
Questions? Comments? Post in the thread, if it's of a personal matter PM me.
There will probably be a mod party before the war.
July 9th, 1 to 9, not much else. I'll have tables and things like that. Please RSVP to this.
I demand pics of the unfair gun
I swear, that thing was rediculous. It was a homemade air gun, constructed from something like 2 inch PVC that was around 4 inches long hooked up to a regulator he bought at Home Depot, so all the air didn't plop out at once. Connected to that when necessary was what looked like 3 feet of tubing which connected to a backpack of Pvc which connected to a bike pump with a psi guage. Don't worry Bob, he had psi guages all over this thing and didn't take it over 20 psi. Oh yeah, might I mention it also sported a three foot long cpvc breech?
When I believe it was Venom who shot the unfair gun at the staging table, and the gust of air knocking over the Coca-Cola shake and spilling all over atomatron, sitting under the table to avoid the rain.
No, but the hotel we're staying at is only 15 minutes from the park. My chances are looking good for making this.
You're staying with John, right? I live like a 2 minute walk away from him, really close. I could very easily provide you with transportation and blasters. Even if you don't go to this war, we should still try and meet if possible. It would be an honor.
Lego Atlantis Harpoon Blaster. Elbow secured onto the airtank, dremeled out spot in shell, and a spiffy RSCB with a clear PVC clip and a CPVC barrel. No dart door, because I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to buying the materials. Shoots harder then your regular Big Blast. The new pivot trigger-bigger back tank designs are making these guns almost as powerful as Titans.