nerfsharpie6's Content

There have been 310 items by nerfsharpie6 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#271845 Closed

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 10 April 2010 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

I tried the best I could to rewrite the essay to the best of my ability t0 not sound one sided on the subject. Hence why I left some things out. Its hard to truly write an essay comparing and contrasting two games, one of with the OP never played in the first place.

Yes I left things out, yes I added more to on subject than the other. Truth is I've played more Airsoft than NERF so I know more about it. What I wrote could only be considered a base line for the essay.

And who ever said 748 words. Wow. Way to nit pick. 4784 Characters in total in the entire post.

If the OP wants to use my essay as a base guide and add to it, he can. If he wants to use the one he has, he can.

Now I remember why I don't come here any more.

#271809 Closed

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 10 April 2010 - 11:52 AM in Off Topic

Your welcome.

That's never a good sign on something that's for an English class.

Not to be added :blink: . After I wrote that last night, I was dead tired and a little confused why some one would want a community of strangers to proof read, and grammatically correct his essay. Plus of all the essays I wrote during my most active days here, I never asked you guys to proof read or correct my essays.

#271782 Closed

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 10 April 2010 - 02:26 AM in Off Topic

Nerf is a game played with foam dart shooting blasters, where as Airsoft is played with plastic BB shooting guns. In both game types, shooting is involved, but Nerf is a glorified game of tag where as Airsoft is better described as military simulation.

NERF is a hobby game played with plastic blasters, where Airsoft is a 'simulation' game played with replica military equipment. In both games the object is to 'tag' out the opposing players while trying to stay alive on your team. There are many differences to the games, and each have their own list of pros and cons. In this article I will be discussing the pros and cons of each hobby.

NERF blasters are generally available at any major retail giant, whilst Airsoft is sold in Sporting Good stores (i.e Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, Gander Mountain etc.) or specialty stores located in the US, China, or Japan. The cost difference in NERF compared to Airsoft is quite noticeable with the cheapest blaster (the Nite Finder) costing around eight dollars, and the most expensive (The Vulcan Chain blaster a hefty fifty dollars). Airsoft is generally more expensive but have a wide range of qualities. The cheapest (price and quality) is around five dollars or ten dollars respectively. The higher quality an item is, the more it costs. Two extreme examples are Classic Army (Produced in China) and WELL (also produced in China). Classic Army replica weapons cost any where from $200 to $600, because of their high quality standard. WELL is on the cheapest side of Airsoft ranging from ten dollars to thirty dollars.

There is also an age factor in both NERF and Airsoft. NERF has no age limit. You can be as young or old as you can handle the game. Blasters are readily available and you don't need to be a specific age to buy a blaster. Airsoft does have an age requirement, and is that you have to be Eighteen years or older to buy a replica gun. The reason being Airsoft guns have higher velocities and range compared to a NERF blaster. With out eye protection in Airsoft you can loose an eye, or tooth because of the velocities from the gun. A NERF blaster has a lesser chance of putting out an eye, but there still always a chance given the type of hobby these games are.

With NERF blasters you fire foam 'darts' propelled by slightly compressed air. Factory darts cost around thirty-six cents each. But there is a home made option for NERF. a dart called a 'stefan' created by a NERFer, Stephan Moor. The darts are made from a material called Foam Backing Rod (its real purpose is to seal gaps in windows). They are roughly the same material density as factory made darts, but are mad eat home for a fraction of the cost. The foam backer rod is cut to a desired length, heat straight and then tipped with a weight and hot glue. The darts are just as safe as factory darts, but increase range compared to factory darts. Airsoft guns fire a six millimeter plastic ball at high velocites (ranging any where from 200 feet per second to 600 feet per second). The balls used in Airsoft are made in different weights to increase range or achieve a desired velocity (ranges are in the ball park of eighty feet to 300 feet). The production cost of ammunition for Airsoft is a fraction of a penny, but you cannot create your own ammo. With NERF how ever you can pick up your darts you just fired and keep playing.

The game play for NERF varies greatly from Airsoft. With NERF you have a set number of lives (usually three). After those three lives are expended you must count to fifteen and announce you are reentering the game. In Airsoft you have only one life and once its used you must wait for a medical officer on your team to heal you, or you must walk back to your team designated spawn point and wait a set amount of time (usually ten minutes but it depends on the event you are attending). There are also major clothing discrepancies in both hobbies. With NERF, its a casual game where you can wear just about anything and still be comfortable while playing. In Airsoft players usually wear Military surplus uniforms in their teams designated color (most common are greean and tan [substitute brown on occasoins] but blue and black are used).

The differences are many in the hobby types with one crowd favoring one game type over another. I prefer NERF because its more relaxed and inexpensive compared to Airsoft where there are strict rules to adhere by.

Check that over. If you like it good, if not then tough shit. I just basically wrote your essay over in about 5000 words. It should get you an A. Your welcome.

#245691 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 05 August 2009 - 08:57 PM in Off Topic

Spartan: The dashboard we are getting August 11th is an update to allow for Netflix parties with up to 8 people. You are also getting new clothes for your avatar (some you have to buy, others from games you play) and the ability to sort your friends list by Pending, Activites, Online, Offline etc.

Other than that the dashboard is not going to be that different looks wise.

#244255 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 27 July 2009 - 10:37 PM in Off Topic

Talio, if you are on CoD4 tonight send me an invite...I may not be able to connect though as my internet is gay.

Gt: the vv0lf3

#233871 Nerf Crossbow Spring Constant

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 01 June 2009 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

Really...I don't think any one on here would know that. I don't even know that and I'm taking Physics as well. I'd imagine it would have to be less than 0.25 Joules but thats just a shot in the dark.

Also what project are you doing? I'm just curious.

EDIT: Also test the spring constant any way even if you get an answer...it'll show that you know how to calculate forces and constants with out help, plus you'd probably get a better answer than on here.

#231617 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 May 2009 - 10:19 PM in Off Topic

I've known about it for a while...since I signed up here really but have never had the power to run it. Now that I have a computer to my self I'm free to run what I want and what better way than to run F@H.

I got the above mentioned issues fixed. It was just stuff I had to do that I didn't see at the cmd screen like run the license file in cmd. What matters is its working. I'm just a little perplexed as to why I got 2.5 million steps.

Funny how a necro can be good :) .

#231612 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 May 2009 - 09:54 PM in Off Topic

I know this is like really old, but I have a small issue that wasn't addressed in the replies.

I ran the console application set up according to both cx's and FAH's instructions but I get a "-configonly flag exiting" error. I allowed the application in my Fire Wall but I got the same error after doing that. Could my Anti-Virus (Avast!) be causing the problem?

I'm going to run through everything one more time and see if that fixes it or if I'm going to have to start over.

EDIT: Now it shoots me a new error instead of being flagged. I see that a Work Directory was not found. It creates a new one where I get several more branched errors:

Could not open work queue, generating new queue..
-Preparing to get new work unit..
+Attempting to get work packet..
-Connecting to assignment server
-Successfully connected to<xxx.xxx.xxx>(I won't post the real IP because I don't know if its unique to each ID)
+News from folding@Home: Welcome to folding@home
Loaded Queue successfully
+Could not connect to work server

Then it retrys and gets no where. Was the server stopped or am I just experiencing a normal error?

#231517 Tank Size?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 May 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Are you talking dimensions (length, width and height) or volume? Because I can't give you an answer for the first one but I can tell how you how to get the second answer easily.

If you are looking for dimensions then just measure the tanks and compare the specs. If they are fairly close to the same sizes then there you go a suitable candidate for your mod.

If you want to find volume of a cylinder (which I assume an ATxK is) then you use this formula: 3.14xradius2(squared)xheight of the cylinder

You would do that for both tanks and get the answers and compare them. If they are close to the same answer (I think in cubic inches?) then that answer question 2.

Either way good luck with this!

EDIT: You guys need to get a super script code tag...

#224655 Final Cut Express 4 "matrix"

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 April 2009 - 09:58 PM in Off Topic

Here you can try This. I know that's a good site for these things...

#221486 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 03 April 2009 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

Like I said, I'm down for the Weekend game nights after midnight. I'm pissed and need to blow off A LOT of steam...so be prepared to not get a kill.

#221429 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 03 April 2009 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

Alright tonight is when I'm on for almost the entire night for two days straight. I'll be switching between COD4 and w@w, mostly Nazi Zombies with my friends, but competitive for COD4. If anyone wants to play send me a friend request. the vv0lf3.

#221347 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 02 April 2009 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

I'd love to join you tonight Talio, but I can only do that shit on the weekends. If you do it again tomorrow night I'd join up with you.

#219792 Internet/firefox Problem

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 25 March 2009 - 02:43 PM in Off Topic

You can also post up a hijackthis log for one of the many super computer nerds to analyse and tell you. But ThatWasRandom is right, run the newest version of Mal-Warebytes and let it scan all the way through. I've had to take care of infections much more worrisome than this and will not be a big deal, just follow what we tell you to do and it'll be alright.

#219648 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 24 March 2009 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

I use two programs. One is AVS video tools suite (build 5.6) and Ultra avi converter. With AVS you get a video converter, mobile uploader, Video Remaker and Capture Wizard (at least on mine). It takes any where from 5 minutes to 3 hours depending on file size and length of the video. Ultra avi converter works well to convert to .dvd format and other formats (i.e iPod, wmv, etc). It takes awhile (or at least for .dvd files.).

#219233 Whats This?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 22 March 2009 - 12:08 PM in Off Topic

Chanclas you would have to know SQL table cracking and thats some complicated stuff to learn. And if he didn't log in and he viewed that window before he logged in then there would be no SQL table to steal his password from. I'm pretty aure that was an SQL table that had to parsed on the server that would make the main page viewable.

#219183 Whats This?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 21 March 2009 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

It was probably in his page window. Something like that wouldn't pop up in command prompt, unless you were running a LAMP server from a terminal.

Its probably what the server spits out for each user in the background as it processes the raw code into what we see in front of us now.

It's nothing bad, it isn't anything evil its just the sites certificate, and cookie ID. I think...

#218962 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 March 2009 - 05:08 PM in Off Topic

Any one want to play RE5 co-op? I beat the game, and am willing to help out anyone that needs help beating the game. I'll be on pretty much all weekend except Saturday afternoon, so if you want help, hit me up.

#218935 Air Zone Dual Shot Rapid Fire

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 20 March 2009 - 02:18 PM in General Nerf

There was some speculation about it at nerfx but no one bought it. From what I remember about it, it uses two clips in each port, and like the Tommy 20 uses fly wheels. No true mod potential unless you know how to rewire the gun and get a new motor to drive the fly wheels.

Don't waste your money, it can be spent on something else.

#217859 When's The Last Time U Were Disappointed?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 13 March 2009 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

Wow, so your friend steals your girl? What a dick. But still we don't care. This is Nerf Haven, not some other small nerf site where they aren't as strict with there rules or eHarmony. If you want to bitch about this take it up with your friend like a fucking man and face the problem head on...not on the internet.

This thread will close and most likely everyone that posted here banned. Hope you enjoyed your stay gents.

Was it really worth it?

#217123 Airsoft Gun Pics

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 09 March 2009 - 03:55 PM in Off Topic

I don't have much. I sold the one gun that I LOVED but it was broken and I didn't have the money to repair (zero triggers are EXPENSIVE).

Posted Image
L96 made by TSD Sports. Shot at about 390 FPS with .25 gram BB's and had a max of range of about 175 feet and deadly accurate to 155 with no upgrades.

And my Side arm. KWC M9 with Taurus trade marks. Got it on sale at depot53 before they went out of business.
Posted Image
Shoots at about 285 FPS with .25 gram BB's efective out to about 50-55 feet.

#216565 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 05 March 2009 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

I'm selling COD:WaW this weekend if possible. I'll be pre-ordering RE5. Thats right real zombie ass kicking in the middle of the night.

#214945 Glow In The Dark Paint

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 25 February 2009 - 06:06 PM in General Nerf

Yes I have dealt with it. And in my opinion, its not worth it. It glows but really its not the good. Plus coverage is an issue because on some areas it will be lumpy and on others it won't glow.

But really its up to you. You can try it and find out on your own.

#214506 What Are You Proud Of?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 23 February 2009 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

I enjoy computers. I enjoy them to the point where I am going to make a career out of it. I also work in HTML, LIMITED PHP, and trying to learn C++. I can't really show you anything other than code lines though, and I don't think any one wants to see that.

I can how ever provide a screen shot of my C++ compiler.

Posted Image
If its too big I have another version. Its just a basic number function. I can't do anything overly complicated...yet.

#214245 Gateway Webcam Software

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 22 February 2009 - 05:27 PM in Off Topic

Alright you know what. I'm tired of people asking for direct links to shit they can find really fucking easy. Google around for web cam software. You will find something. If not find and download WinAudit. It will tell you your software version, and other things. You take that and find a compatible software that you like. If you do not find anything. Tis not our problem, but yours for being to god damn picky.

Thank you boba. At least you know the importance of Google in finding solutions.

#214033 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 21 February 2009 - 09:45 PM in Off Topic

It was fun playing with vvolf3 but we need more people. Shoot me a friends request.

It was fun, but the problem I have is that only a small amount of people can connect to me, and recently it seems like I'm having more and more issues with connecting to the people I could before. I've checked all my ports for the Xbox 360 and thats not the issue. So if I host another game (which I probably won't) then let it be known that you might not be able to connect to me. but it was fun playing with bamblack.

#213495 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 19 February 2009 - 03:36 PM in Off Topic

Tomorrow night. 0830 PM COD4. If you want to play add me (the vv0lf3) and I'll send you an invite to a game.

#212878 Gateway Webcam Software

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 16 February 2009 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

This
This
or this

There you go. Try them all and see what you can find there. Good luck.

#212444 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 15 February 2009 - 02:43 PM in Off Topic

I offered the same thing, but its easier to just come up with the random game night here. People don't always check the first post.

Remember 2/20/09 0830 PM COD 4. I'll host.

#212399 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 15 February 2009 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

Thank you Horus. I don't have any issues with you either and I understand you must be stressed having to deal with college.

I'll be testing out a mod controller if I can get one of my friends extras (see what happens when you get RROD 5 times running.) The fact people need one to win is what is pushing to make one for myself.

#212329 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 14 February 2009 - 10:14 PM in Off Topic

Wow your cool for calling us immature. I mean it is a NERF forum...on the INTERNET. See the point I'm trying to make here. Its the internet we don't care what you have to say to us, or what you have to say at all actually. And by insulting us you make your self seem less of a "man" by having to verbally assault a bunch of teens. Congrats man you are now officially the coolest guy on the net.

Man internet sarcasm just doesn't get the point across like it should.

Oh and what are you going to verbally assault us some more.

#212295 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 14 February 2009 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

I hope you realize Horus we are trying to do what the thread was intended for. Actually we have been doing what the thread was intended for. We have the process down and the ones doing the hosting don't need to read the first post so stop bitching. You have a life...live it we don't need you to hold our fucking hand for game nights.

OK so assuming I'm not doing anything Friday:

Friday February 20th COD4 at 0830 PM. We will play a medley of live and private matches.
If I only have a few people in the party all we will do is play live. We will not be in party chat.

#212200 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 14 February 2009 - 01:14 PM in Off Topic

No the thread shouldn't be closed but the posts should REALLY be trimmed. I mean christ 12 pages of old game nights. Just have like the first 9-10 pages deleted and do that once it reaches 5 pages. Its alot of upkeep but hey we would have a decent topic for game nights finally.

#212167 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 14 February 2009 - 09:53 AM in Off Topic

I think he was banned, but I'm not 100% sure on that so don't quote me. I'm pretty sure Tailo can tell us.

#212032 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 13 February 2009 - 05:51 PM in Off Topic

Actually the purpose of this thread is for people with the same games to organize an event for the night not for one person to shoulder the responsibility of organizing all the events and coming up with schedules. If you notice sidamazo is doing what the thread was made for, to post what he intends to do and telling people to join if interested.

Also "mabie" isn't a word...but maybe is.

My 300th post should have been an article...

#211779 Airsoft In Australia

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 12 February 2009 - 04:26 PM in Off Topic

Very noble thing you are trying to accomplish here, but trying to drum up support is going to be hard even on an airsoft forum. You can try these sites and the links from there.

Airsoft Retreat
Airsoft Forum
Arnies airsoft

The last link is to a UK based forum. I'm sure from there you can get other links to different forums in the UK and other Countries. Good luck!

#208518 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 01 February 2009 - 01:31 AM in Off Topic

Yeah I joined the IRC room you suggested and it was filled with assholes. Unless you changed the IRC destination and I ended up in the wrong room. I'll be trying to find another IRC chat with things I actually know...like computers. Good idea though.

#207360 Pc Virus Problem

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 28 January 2009 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

I would do Just some bob's idea first. If you don't know how to run anything in command codes I'm pretty sure I or bob could help you out there. I know for a fact that it is not a virus problem since most of them would have been detected or it would give signs like slowing down your computer or problems with the Process Manager.

Just because it's Winblows doesn't mean it's always a virus. Most likely an issue with your start up.exe package or corruption in an other major file.

#206915 Temperature Question

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 27 January 2009 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

Your losing power because the cold air is compressing the air in the tank and not in a good way either. The way cold air works is that it compresses all gas and limits its movement. This is called an Ideal Gas Theory for Chemistry nerds (it can also be figured out with PV=nRT but that doesn't really help in figuring it out). Its some weird stuff to explain so I'll try my best.

When cold temperature is compressing the gas it limits its ability to provide movement in the container which in turn reduces the effective power. In this case your titan was drawing in cold air that was compressed and wouldn't be able to fire the dart or provide enough power to shoot it far. Its just one of those things that you have to deal with in cold climates. Next time you go to shoot it pump it up inside your house where the air is warm and then shoot it outside and you might get better results.

#206910 Green Gas And Plastics?

Posted by nerfsharpie6 on 27 January 2009 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Green gas is a no for NERF. The plastic we use is to brittle to stand the pressure it operates at (usually around 120+ PSI under NORMAL conditions at 68* F). Not only that but it gets cold when decompressing from the tank to barrel, so it would only just destroy your structural integrity of the barrel and any other exposed parts to the gas. Also if you live in a terminally cold climate then the gas just loses power and this is because of Ideal Gas Laws and temperature affecting gases ability to expand and produce the movement and force to do anything. As for CO2 being used, thats only because who ever did that reinforced the components in the gun to with stand the pressure. If you want to try anything like that though I MUST URGE CAUTION. Use safety glasses and wear thick clothes/gloves to protect your skin. The last thing we need is someone losing an eye to green gas, propane or CO2.