wldworld's Content

There have been 39 items by wldworld (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#128292 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by wldworld on 01 November 2007 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday bud.

#122485 Strongest Spring For A Nf?

Posted by wldworld on 09 September 2007 - 10:26 AM in Modifications

Does anyone have the measurements on either the ACE #49 spring or the Home Depot Handyman #9713 spring?

#121749 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by wldworld on 31 August 2007 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

I dont mind spending a bit more if it will save me a headache later.
Dont forget these prices are a bit higher because it is in Canadian.

Ah, didn't think about it being in Canadian. Good work nonetheless.

#121289 Yay I Got A Wii

Posted by wldworld on 27 August 2007 - 01:25 PM in Off Topic

Congratulations?

#121288 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by wldworld on 27 August 2007 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

Good luck on that project. I actually did spend a lot on this project. I can roughly do the math now.

2 rapid fires $40
2 spacer plates $22
1 Pure energy paintball tank $175
1 Custom products Long Reg $98
Quick disconnect with on/off $40
Petg $10 or so
3 cans of paint $18
Custom tubing $20
nic nacs and parts $20

$443 Over the course of like 4 months or so.
I knew it was a big project and I knew what I was getting into.

Ehh, dude you really got ripped off on the tank and regulator. The tanks MSRP is $109.95 and the regulators is $84.99. You could have easily picked up that tank for ~60 and that regulator ~50 on eBay. You could even go for a cheaper regulator for this application (~$10 on eBay). Excellent work though. Final product looks great.

#121286 Specific Lubircant?

Posted by wldworld on 27 August 2007 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

You can just use paintball lube. It is designed to prevent o-rings from swelling/wearing down.

#118513 Co2

Posted by wldworld on 06 August 2007 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

Ya, can't those paintball guns get up to cost like $200?

Most expensive gun right now costs $1800. ^^

#118359 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by wldworld on 05 August 2007 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

omfg...i have to try this... but if i fail then its like 50-60 bucks gone forever... so is that a co2 tank? if so i could just attach a small 9oz tank to my gun... that way its not too majorly heavy like a 20 oz co2 tank...

Ha, the materials required for this are a lot more than 50-60 bucks. His 48ci/3000psi HPA tank is that alone, then the regulator is about the same price. That's over $100 not including the RF20s or all the hookups.

#115434 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by wldworld on 11 July 2007 - 12:48 PM in Homemades

Also, in your diagram, you need to replace the check valve with a regulator set at 30 PSI.

#114936 Dtg/at3k Write-up

Posted by wldworld on 07 July 2007 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Nice. This is actually what I plan to do with my 2k - replace the 3k with the 2k minus the pump. It looks like it will work perfectly. Thanks.

#114927 Long Range Records?

Posted by wldworld on 07 July 2007 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

#114922 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by wldworld on 07 July 2007 - 02:43 PM in Off Topic

Substance Abuse and wldworld, whether or not they make money off of the systems and regardless of the volume of profit they make on the mass quantities of games that they sell, it is still illegal.

I'm pretty sure Piney covered that aspect pretty well. I don't see anywhere in my posts stating that it isn't illegal. I was simply trying to set him straight in the head, because he apparently thinks they support such piracy.

#114796 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by wldworld on 06 July 2007 - 09:23 PM in Off Topic

Substance Abuse, that is complete, total, utter bullshit. If you thought Sony was/is condoning homebrew and modifications to ANY of their products, you we're sadly mistaken. 95% of PS1/2/3/PSP modders install homebrew/modchips solely to play pirated images. Now, Sony gets a kickback from all games sold. You truly think they want to support the something that contributes to a loss in sales/loss in revenue?

They are making billions a year as it is... A couple pirated games are not going to "ruin" the economy.... There are only a very small percentage that do mod their systems...

Plus they are making money off the consoles that they sell to the modders to so... they win both ways...

And it is a fact that the PS3 was originate by a guy that sent in his idea of a modification to Sony.

Hmm... I guess that explains why they release firmware updates to block such exploits? I don't know what someone submitting their idea for PS3 has to do with piracy, but ok.

But they're not actually making money off consoles...

They're selling the PS3s at a loss and its standard for other consoles to be originally sold at a loss.

And the PSP homebrew modding scene is constantly fighting firmware updates/upgrades.

Firmware changes to PREVENT hacking.

TRUE THAT. They depend on games to make money.

#114783 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by wldworld on 06 July 2007 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

Substance Abuse, that is complete, total, utter bullshit. If you thought Sony was/is condoning homebrew and modifications to ANY of their products, you we're sadly mistaken. 95% of PS1/2/3/PSP modders install homebrew/modchips solely to play pirated images. Now, Sony gets a kickback from all games sold. You truly think they want to support the something that contributes to a loss in sales/loss in revenue?

#114678 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by wldworld on 06 July 2007 - 08:12 AM in Off Topic

So if it's old news to you, I take it you wouldn't mind elaborating advantages and features and such, to those of us who are less informed of the technology?
Thanks for volunteering, that's great.

I'll look forwards to hearing about it then.
-Tidge.

Just because I knew about it doesn't mean I have a Wii or have researched the capabilities. However, if you're looking for information you should definitely check out http://wii.qj.net/ and QJ forums and I'm sure you will find all you need.

#114464 50 Darts 4 Bucks!

Posted by wldworld on 04 July 2007 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

His darts suck and so do his NFs... =/

#114431 Cheese State Foaming

Posted by wldworld on 04 July 2007 - 01:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm in Tosa, wauwatosa that is, and my local group has about 6-8 people. Almost every saturday we nerf with at least 4 people. But it would be hard to get all 6-8 people we only had a 4 on 4 once last winter. We do some modding. I'm not sure if our war games are similar to what you guys do? But if there is a war organized i'm sure some people from the area would come.

I'm sure they would have loved to.

3 years ago.

:/

#114400 Hacking The Wii (do I Need Windows?)

Posted by wldworld on 04 July 2007 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

Old newz. :)

#114399 Semi-auto Clip Idea

Posted by wldworld on 04 July 2007 - 07:32 AM in Homemades

Or a small tank with the shell.

Don't you mean RF20 bladder?

#114322 Titan Mod Idea

Posted by wldworld on 03 July 2007 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

It is an "actual compressor". Portable compressors work the same way as stationary ones. Mine runs on batteries and has plenty of power. I'm hooking it up to my Titan as well, although I'm leaving in the original pump.

Just make sure it outputs at that low of a pressure reliably, or you risk blowing the internals up in your face. Any idea what size fittings the internal hoses of the Titan are?

#114299 Titan Mod Idea

Posted by wldworld on 03 July 2007 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

Have an air compressor in your backpack.
Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

It only needs to be on for 3-5 seconds.

You're an idiot.

A: Smaller air compressors are pretty fucking heavy.
B: You turn it on to fill up the compressor's tank, so you don't turn it on after every shot.
C: Are you going to run an extension cord to your backpack?
D: There have been so many better answers in this thread - such as having an external pre-filled tank or using a bike pump that takes less pumps to fill the titan. Any of these take less time than the "3-5 seconds" you turn on your "backpack compressor".
E: You didn't even think out this at all. You don't just plug a compressor straight in to your gun unless you plan on having shards of plastic explode in your face.

I'm pretty sure he was thinking of something like this. Definitely backpack size, battery powered, also has auto shut-off when pressure is reached.

Ease off a little, maybe switch to decaf.

I thought he was thinking of an actual compressor. That's more of a pump type thing.

#114288 Titan Mod Idea

Posted by wldworld on 03 July 2007 - 09:56 AM in Modifications

Have an air compressor in your backpack.
Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

It only needs to be on for 3-5 seconds.

You're an idiot.

A: Smaller air compressors are pretty fucking heavy.
B: You turn it on to fill up the compressor's tank, so you don't turn it on after every shot.
C: Are you going to run an extension cord to your backpack?
D: There have been so many better answers in this thread - such as having an external pre-filled tank or using a bike pump that takes less pumps to fill the titan. Any of these take less time than the "3-5 seconds" you turn on your "backpack compressor".
E: You didn't even think out this at all. You don't just plug a compressor straight in to your gun unless you plan on having shards of plastic explode in your face.

#114181 Titan Mod Idea

Posted by wldworld on 02 July 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

It's been done... I did it with CS's DIY external air tank. Here's a video of my tank hooked up to my Magstrike:

And here's a video of CS with his tank hooked up to his Magstrike/Titan/Hornet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJ4ITbx4_Q

#113848 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wldworld on 30 June 2007 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

The camo MantaRay blew my mind, Bags.

Cool! hey you know... it's FOR SALE: http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=200123892830

Wrong auction... :)

#112903 A Really Stupid Question

Posted by wldworld on 24 June 2007 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, Captain Slug. That's the barrel I already found, and K33 is my FBR. Is that a tight fit or a loose fit? I'm looking for a loose fit - it's for an air gun.

I haven't heard of K33... how does it fit in your stock barrels?

#112898 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by wldworld on 24 June 2007 - 07:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried this material out for darts? (www.mcmaster.com)part#4339T12
I don't know if it would work or not considering the material is EPDM foam rubber

I don't know if it would work or not, but if you're going to pay a dollar a foot you might as well buy stock darts.

#112888 A Really Stupid Question

Posted by wldworld on 24 June 2007 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

What is the diameter of 1/2" FBR? Is it 1/2"? I'm buying PVC from McMaster, and I need to know. And I have no idea on how to measure the diameter of it, my ruler is too inaccurate.

It varies. Tell us the brand of your FBR and someone may be able to help you. However, I can tell you that most FBR is not 1/2" in diameter, usually a little more.

#112833 Most Users Online

Posted by wldworld on 24 June 2007 - 02:49 PM in Off Topic

Woot.

#112830 Mobvees

Posted by wldworld on 24 June 2007 - 02:38 PM in Homemades

I'm jealous of your cheap pipe.

Didn't he just use 1/2" gravity flow (thinwall)? I can get it for under $2 for a 10' length. I guess I assumed everybody got it cheap.

No, it's PVC conduit. It's found with the electrical wiring stuff at Home Depot. It's $1.09 for 10 feet. The 1/2" gravity flow is something like $2 at my Home Depot. 91 cents makes a $18.20 difference when you are buying 200 feet of this stuff.

#112740 Easiest Way To Cut A Spring?

Posted by wldworld on 23 June 2007 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

I broke my clippers trying to cut the spring. So I couldn't break the spring with my bare hands so I used a hammer to pound the clipper handle and one of the clippers broke off.

That is sooo added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

#112507 Closed

Posted by wldworld on 22 June 2007 - 11:22 AM in General Nerf

A lot.

#112424 Mobvees

Posted by wldworld on 21 June 2007 - 08:06 PM in Homemades

I'm jealous of your cheap pipe.

Haha.

And I put my topic in the Nerf Wars section because obstacles aren't weapons and I wanted the people that lurk primarily in that section to see the thread.

Think I should get it moved?

#112415 Mobvees

Posted by wldworld on 21 June 2007 - 07:00 PM in Homemades

EDIt: Also, can you put a link of CS way? or the keywords I should putinto the serch function?

http://www.nerfhaven...?showtopic=8930

#112400 Mobvees

Posted by wldworld on 21 June 2007 - 05:35 PM in Homemades

First off, I don't know what to call these. They've been in my head for awhile now, but since CS has posted something similar I will go ahead and temporarily call them Mobvees (Mobstacles Variant). If you've got a good name for 'em send it to me via PM and if I like it you can have credit for it. Well, enough with the talk and onto the invention.

Original Mobstacles:
http://www.nerfhaven...?showtopic=8930

Here's what I've made:

(click to enlarge)
Posted Image

These are not the only type I plan to build. I also plan to build a 6 foot tall 2 foot wide "box" and a "house" shape. For both those Mobvees I need special PVC connectors you can only get online at certain places. They are called 90 degree outlet or "PVC corners". If you are interested in building more 3 dimensional shapes, I would suggest looking into buying these. They are about $.99c each online + shipping. Here's a picture:
Posted Image

What you need:

1. 1/2" Conduit PVC $1.09 per 10 ft piece at Home Depot (Amount: Depends on size of VMOB)

- This PVC is used for electrical wiring and has much smaller thickness compared to SCH40 or SCH80. The thickness makes it cost 70% less then SCH40 PVC, making it perfect for this application. It is gray in color.

2. 1/2" PVC Tees $0.30 per piece (Amount: 4 per Mobvee)

- These are shaped exactly as their name suggests, in a T shape. You need 4 to build one Mobvee.

3. 1/2" 90 degree PVC Joints $0.25 per piece (Amount: 2 per Mobvee)

- These are shaped like an L. They connect two pieces of PVC at a corner. You need 2 to build one Mobvee.

How to build:

I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Treat the PVC and connectors as large scale Knex. Only difference is you need to cut your PVC and figure out how big you want each Mobvee to be. Here are the plans I have drawn up for my various shapes:

Posted Image

Covering the Mobvees:

I myself am going to use old sheets and cut and sew them together in the correct dimensions to fit correctly around my Mobvees. If you do not have old sheets you can use the tarps that CS suggested in his guide or you can use clear plastic. This is the cheapest option I could find and it was like $10 for a huge roll of 2 mil plastic sheeting at Home Depot. The only disadvantage to this is that you can see through the obstacle, which takes from the fun of them. You could try and spray paint the plastic - but I don't think it would stick to well.

Closing
The great thing about these structures is that the materials are so cheap. I went to Home Depot and bought all the materials I have listed for $25 and built six Mobvees. To cover them it will probably cost a bit more if you do not have old sheets that you can use, but they are still really cheap to make and pretty darn sturdy. Another great thing about them is that they are really portable, especially the ones I showed you how to make in this tutorial. You can take off the "feet" that keep them placed and stack them up and throw them in the backseat of a car pretty easily.

Stay tuned for part 2 in which I will construct the "house" and 6ftx2ft "box" and show the finished field.

#112050 Idea For Making Darts White.

Posted by wldworld on 19 June 2007 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

Couldn't you just buy white FBR?

The only white FBR I found was very dense and stiff. Every dart I made from it fishtailed or was very, very inaccurate.

#110947 I Feel Stupid...

Posted by wldworld on 12 June 2007 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

I was playing around with my new longshot, seeing if I could maybe get the scope lined up/marginally useful. I pulled back the bolt, the stock collapsed, and I stabbed myself in the eye with the friggin' scope. Now I have a black eye. :(

This part kills me every time.

#110271 What Kind Of Bb?

Posted by wldworld on 09 June 2007 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

You can get the 3/0 round fishing weights online at www.cabelas.com. They are $6.99 (I believe...) for a pack of 650. I bought 3 packs for $25 shipped to my house. They don't compare to any other weights, and are definitely worth the 1.2c each.

#109603 Pirates Of The Caribbean 3

Posted by wldworld on 05 June 2007 - 04:46 PM in Off Topic

Too long... too complicated... and even the fight scenes are getting old. Worth the $8 just because Keira Knightley is fucking SEXY:
Posted Image

#109097 Wldworld's Nerf Resignation

Posted by wldworld on 03 June 2007 - 10:09 AM in Off Topic

Hello all, I am here to tell you that I have 'resigned' from Nerfing. Some of you may be wondering about the FN website and magazine. I still have all the pictures and articles that I and others have written. If someone would like to pick this up - feel free to PM/email me. As for the website - I will keep it up and running for whoever wants to join. I will also continue my eBay business of selling Nerf darts on eBay, for those who were interested in it. As for my arsenal, it has been put up in the trading section of the site. This thread contains all the guns I have obtained over the few months I was interested in Nerf, and there are some pretty rare finds in there. It has received much interest and some of the items have quickly been bid/reserved on. If you wish to reserve an item I will expect payment sent within a week (or I will unreserve the items). I will not be reserving items for you to collect funds within weeks/months/years. Be sure to check it out before everything is gone.

It was a lot of fun while it lasted - but I have gotten back into another 'sport' that I am more drawn to.

much love,
wldworld