lionhawk's Content

There have been 198 items by lionhawk (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#331041 DCNF7

Posted by lionhawk on 19 June 2013 - 09:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I haven't looked at a nerf gun in nearly a year, but I still remember how fun it was. Count me as a definite.

#323867 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhawk on 23 November 2012 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Couplered Minimized 4B.

Posted Image

#323855 Broken Guns

Posted by lionhawk on 23 November 2012 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

It sounds like you have a misangled barrel. Open it up again and make the plunger tube align with internals pics from the internet. Also, make sure that your priming handle is connected to the breech.

#323813 Recon Pump Shotgun mod

Posted by lionhawk on 21 November 2012 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

Got any pics I could see?

I've got a picture now.

Posted Image

#323804 Recon Pump Shotgun mod

Posted by lionhawk on 21 November 2012 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

I understand that people like to use plexy glass. In my recent pump action recon mod, I actually used 3/8 inch square pvc rod, attached to the pump handle by screws on both sides. Of course, any type of pvc around that weight could be used. Good luck.

#323656 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhawk on 16 November 2012 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Pump action recon

Posted Image

Power stock with nf spring.

#323335 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 06 November 2012 - 10:07 AM in Nerf Wars

There was a camera at the war, not sure if he took footage or pictures.

#323165 Buzz Bee Cougar

Posted by lionhawk on 29 October 2012 - 10:08 AM in Modifications

I think it definitely needs some sort of re-barreling, after I took out the ARs the darts are only held in for about a half inch. So, theoretically anything is better, only problem is you need to brass the clip, so you would need 20 inches of brass (2" per barrel)

I see, I bet some cpvc would work better then.

#323162 Buzz Bee Cougar

Posted by lionhawk on 29 October 2012 - 09:02 AM in Modifications

Pretty neat.

Do you think a brass barrel replacement would work with such a thing?(and increase ranges)

#323099 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 27 October 2012 - 06:11 PM in Nerf Wars

It was a small, local war, but I thought it went well. Thanks to everyone who came out, especially Blitz for driving 5 damn hours for a 7 man war.

Wasn't it 8?

Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and I got a big blast off of keo, hopefully I can come to the next one. You gonna upload those pictures we took?

Alright, time for my full recap.

+FORK!
+4b from keo
+Meeting everyone
+Hitting chaos in the ass twice in one round
+Pizza
+Beating fnbs in fnbs vs. unaffiliated round
+Nerfing
+War

-No dart recovery
-left a little earlier than I wanted to
-everytime I got shot by blitz's rainbowpump
-really tired now

#323083 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 27 October 2012 - 06:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Woot, morning of the war. I'm pumped and ready.

#322792 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 19 October 2012 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Woot, I'm ready, got 130 slugs made already, and all teh blanks for more, also hoppered my svtmm.

#322640 RAD-V1, and V2+video

Posted by lionhawk on 15 October 2012 - 07:53 PM in Homemades

Wow totally sweet, looks nice and powerful. I have a feeling the clip system would need several of them pre-loaded for a war though.

#322489 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 12 October 2012 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite. I will try to round up some of the crew as well.

Still got that angel breech LS we talked about in IRC?

#322360 Eraser Dart heads

Posted by lionhawk on 08 October 2012 - 03:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

They look very nice, good idea, but I have two questions.

1.What did you use to core the foam to get precise fit for those heads?

2.What are the ranges compared to slugs?

#322053 DCNF#6

Posted by lionhawk on 27 September 2012 - 06:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely be there...finally.

EDIT:I am a definite, see you guys there.

#310419 DCNF 3

Posted by lionhawk on 31 January 2012 - 12:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make it if it is a sunday, maybe...

#309906 DMV Comrades: It's time to end this hibernation

Posted by lionhawk on 21 January 2012 - 06:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Not sure if I would be able to make a war around here. I haven't been active for a little while, but I would prefer saturdays. (sorry I'm sort of late)

#308478 Reflex IX-1 Mod + Dart holder

Posted by lionhawk on 19 December 2011 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

I like it.

But what I like even more is your constant writeups. Though, they might not be ingenious productions, they are easy, followable writeups posted by a member, which is a good quality. Keep up the good work.

#308281 Mega-Draw-Extended TTG (M-DET)

Posted by lionhawk on 14 December 2011 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

@cmeej

I`m pretty sure if you have a gun ranging up to 114`, you won`t use it much as a sidearm, but whatever.

Taer, this mod is very nice, and I would definitely try it out.

#308118 DMV Area Nerf War Update

Posted by lionhawk on 08 December 2011 - 10:10 AM in Nerf Wars

I`m interested in the email group.
Keo, hopefully we will all get to war with jerm next spring.

#307749 SanchoPanza

Posted by lionhawk on 24 November 2011 - 03:18 PM in Homemades

I know that it returns to the position, I just don't like the idea of one handing the blaster when I shoot.

#307746 SanchoPanza

Posted by lionhawk on 24 November 2011 - 02:10 PM in Homemades

I like it, but I have to raise up a question. I don't see a comfortable place to grip with your priming hand, because if you grip on the primer, when you shoot, it could be dangerous.

#307739 Nite-Jolt - Mini SMG Style NF/Jolt Integration

Posted by lionhawk on 24 November 2011 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

It doesn't matter how the blaster fuckin' looks, it just matters that there will be no more rushing on that gun.

#307680 Nite-Jolt - Mini SMG Style NF/Jolt Integration

Posted by lionhawk on 23 November 2011 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

I had an idea like this, but getting a night finder rifle and putting the jolt as a grip-gun. This is a simple mod that can work. Now I want to see a singled longshot with 5 jolts.

#307595 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by lionhawk on 20 November 2011 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

So, how did the war go?

#307404 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by lionhawk on 15 November 2011 - 08:14 PM in Homemades

Looks good beaver.

Posted Image

My snap MK.5.

Gave me a lot of trouble to catch, but it works flawlessly now. I'm still waiting for the [k26] to arrive, but the blaster is finished.

#307083 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by lionhawk on 07 November 2011 - 01:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I am definitely not going.

But I must say that if landstricker and Phree go, it would be an alright war. I would try and come if it was on a Saturday, but there are other reasons for my absence.

#306891 Recon slam-fire Mod

Posted by lionhawk on 03 November 2011 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

The Recon, although relativly powerful, has fallen below par in comparison with other clip fed guns, such as the Stampede and Raider. The Recons' painfully slow rate-of-fire and low dart capacity are the main cause of this decrease in popularity. The solution to rescue the Recons reputation?

Make it have slam-fire.

The recon is not powerful, it is relatively fast, it can hold drum magazines, it had no popularity, and no one is gonna rescue its reputation.

#306144 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by lionhawk on 18 October 2011 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure if I can get a ride there, but the date should be open for me. Count me in as a maybe.

Its interesting how if you are a definite to an Ohio war how you can ride to VA.

EDIT:Sorry, long story short, I was really pissed off at this time.

#306093 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by lionhawk on 17 October 2011 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Sunday.

I'm out if it is on a sunday, I have other things on sunday. Do you need to have the war on a sunday?

#305997 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by lionhawk on 16 October 2011 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Got the same status as phree. Is it going to be on a saturday or sunday?

#305827 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by lionhawk on 13 October 2011 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be able to attend a war, but won't be able to host untill Spring.

Well, I guess we should have a poll to see who can make both sundays and saturdays, those one have to make saturdays, and those who have to make sundays.

I'm like Dizzy, sterling is a bit far for me. But its definitly a step-up in distance from MD.

#305769 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by lionhawk on 12 October 2011 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

If Chaos isn't going to any of the wars in '11, then can we make it saturdays again? For locations I'm with Dizzy in branching off to different parks. I personally would like a war across the VA border.

#305539 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhawk on 08 October 2011 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Quick 16 with ars removed, increased seal, and plugged air hole. It has a removeable stock that is split 1 and a 1/4 inch pvc.

#305537 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by lionhawk on 08 October 2011 - 04:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make sundays, bealle is a lot closer to me than fleming and a November war would suite me better.

#304786 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by lionhawk on 17 September 2011 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, sorry I couldn't come, the venue was way too far for me.

#304235 New Buzzbee Hawk

Posted by lionhawk on 03 September 2011 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

Yeah, they do have some pretty slick-looking offerings lately. One thing I think they need to do is do away with the suction-cup darts and get onboard with the streamline-types...flies farther and they (or equivalent) tend to be what most people use these days.

EDIT: One question...how much was it?

It was 12 bucks, pretty nice price, considering that nerf gets some pretty expensive stuff up on the shelfs. I see the best blaster out there would be the maniac, an upgraded version of the beserker I guess, didn't really pay attention to it though. It was around 20 bucks.

#304100 New Buzzbee Hawk

Posted by lionhawk on 30 August 2011 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

So are they going to offer replacement magazines for this? Because that was the main downfall of the RFR IMO...Fun to play with, but with only one mag it was pretty useless for anything else.

It would be a nice idea for buzzbee.

Anyways, just to let everyone know, I couldn't find I single previous buzzbee gun from the series there. Just new stuff, including:the rogue pistol, beserker-like maniac, new double shot edition, and others I didn't pay any attention to. I really think buzzbee is upping their game. Looking on the nerf section with a few re-painted white-outs, shifting my glance to the buzzbee section, with totally new stuff, no repaints, I'm really thinking buzzbee will be my preference over nerf sometime soon.

Also, Curly, I did have your idea of linking an air gun to shoot the darts the moment I saw it too. I already had a little idea on where to place the pump and stuff, since I have a mega missle tank lying around. If you make some sort of mod to the shells to shoot stefans, and preload them into the shells, you could have a decent primary.

#304054 New Buzzbee Hawk

Posted by lionhawk on 29 August 2011 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

I have one of these disassembled at home, still needing finished. Same internals as your other Buzz Bee rifles, but potentially about 3.5" of draw, if you replaced the plunger tube with something wider (up to 1.5" by my estimate). Thenyou could RSCB it and have a pretty decent blaster.

Pretty cool, what do you think would be the strongest spring that the internals could take? Also, is there any room for an integration?(Meaning the likes of an at2k tank)