NerfFreak's Content

There have been 174 items by NerfFreak (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#198621 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 24 December 2008 - 11:22 AM in Homemades

Bad news. I won't be able to work on the gun more until the snow melts or it gets a little warmer, since I don't want to go out to my freezing ass barn to just use power tools, which would help me get smoother cuts.

By the way Hilt, the shell stop is a u-shaped piece, one end under the carrier, the other in the magtube. When the carrier is pushed down, so is one end of the U shaped piece, meaning the other end is pushed down as well, letting another shell into the carrier. When the carrier goes up, so does the u-shape piece, stopping any shells from leaving the magtube. I'll try to get a paint picture up.

#197160 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 19 December 2008 - 08:21 AM in Homemades

Well, you might be able to best me at that, as I might use 1 1/4" PVC. We'll see how it goes. If I can shorten the bolt, than by all means I will, and it will save me valuable space. As of now, my only concern is length. When fully put together, the gun is about 3 1/2" feet long. I'm working on ways to try and shorten it, and using a shorter bolt and smaller reciever isn't a bad idea.

#197047 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 18 December 2008 - 08:06 PM in Homemades

Well everyone, I've solved the problem of the extractor/ejector. It's a durable, solid system, and I believe it's never been done before, so here we go:

The extractor (minus the ejector tab, just have to glue it in.)

Posted Image

What you see is the E/E in it's 3/4" PVC shell. The 1/2" CPVC acts as the ejector. Here's a better look.

Posted Image

There is 3/4 of a RFR magazine spring stuffed in there, pushing the ejector (CPVC) outwards. The CPVC was cut so only about 1/4 of the circumference acts as the ejector pin. The screw in the side is in a slot, preventing the CPVC from shooting out of the tube. What do you guys think?

As for the overall progress, only the lower reciever is left, and with Boltsniper's trigger plate system, it shouldn't take too long.

By the way, I need a suggestion for a good main action spring. I know everyone uses AR-15 springs, but since they are legally a weapon part, I may not be able to obtain one, due to my age. Does anyone have any other identical yet un-paramilitary springs?

#196144 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 14 December 2008 - 04:06 PM in Homemades

Sorry for the double post, but the FAR extractor/ejector isn't working, since there isn't enough room in the bolt to drill a hole for the spring and ejector pin. Can anyone here give me another idea?

#196056 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 14 December 2008 - 09:26 AM in Homemades

Well everyone, I'm off to get supplies. So far, I've decided:

-I'm going to use something like the FAR bolt, except scaled down to use 1/2" PVC shells. This shouldn't be a problem, however.

-The carrier will push down a tab that lets the shell pass out of the magtube, and when the carrier is raised, the tab is raised as well, preventing another shell from working itself under the carrier and jamming the gun.

-My plunger will not be inside of the bolt, meaning the bolt will be smaller and easier to use. The whole outer reciever will be 1" thinwall, making the gun smaller than other prototypes, which for the most part used 1 1/4" PVC.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

#195722 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 12 December 2008 - 08:38 PM in Homemades

Almost 2 years now? Damn, I've been away too long.

Well, I haven't posted in over a year, but my progress (yes, progress) on the shotgun, brings me back to the forums.

I've actually got the magtube and carrier built, and both work well. I originally started with Flaming Hilt's design, so I thank him for that. I'll have pictures up later. I'm quite busy building the thing right now.

Questions:

What's a good way to make sure you have a good seal with the plunger? In other words, what's the best way to attach o-rings to the plunger head?

Also, should I go with Boltsnipers FAR extractor/ejector, or come up with something new to extract/eject the shells? I suppose since my bolt is alot like Boltsnipers, I should use his system.

Please post, I wanna see some feedback.

#151831 What Cod4 Weapon Do You Use?

Posted by NerfFreak on 18 April 2008 - 11:51 AM in Off Topic

Barret 50 Cal, Silenced Berretta

Claymores, Stopping Power, Iron Lungs

I'm 3rd prestige, so I just lost those guns. I'll get em' back soon enough though.

#150136 Airsoft Question

Posted by NerfFreak on 08 April 2008 - 08:22 PM in Off Topic

Here's my two cents.

I bought a BAR-10 G-Spec off of Airsoft Atlanta the other day. Relatively fast shipping, and I got it for 40 bucks under prices on other sites. Came with a scope and everything.

Also, don't buy from dentrinity. They have cheaper prices, but since they're based in Hong Kong, the shippings around $30-$40.

#131146 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 December 2007 - 08:31 PM in Off Topic

- Xbox 360 wireless adapter for Xbox Live

- Rock Band

- Money?

I too, like ultra920, would also like to recieve Optimus Prime.

#130594 Official X Box 360 Gamertag Thread

Posted by NerfFreak on 24 November 2007 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

Ok, anybody want to tell me what the fuck the Ring of Death is? I'm assuming it's when your Ring of Light turns red, but I'm probably wrong. Anybody care to elaborate?

Also, is there anyway to fix it besides sending it in? I just got my 360 and don't want to send it back within my frist month of playing it.

#130024 Quickie On Selling Guns

Posted by NerfFreak on 17 November 2007 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

It's just a question I've been wondering forever.

Is a gun worth more if it's stock, or if it's been modified. I know some people pay high for good modifications like Angel's LS, but if you mod the gun, it's cutting down it's value, as it's not original anymore.

Opinions, questions, answers, flames?

Screw the flames.

#129560 Pc Game Mods

Posted by NerfFreak on 12 November 2007 - 07:36 PM in Off Topic

I do alot of mapping for CS: Source, and also am working on an intricate mod for CS:S called Advanced Warrior. Hope it hits it off. If people like it, I might sell it as shareware.

#128523 Homemade Gun Shells

Posted by NerfFreak on 04 November 2007 - 09:10 AM in Homemades

Again, I was just throwing this out there for discussion. Just trying to get opinions, as I'm going to start building a vacuumform table and oven, and thought it might be at least fun to try.

#128396 Homemade Gun Shells

Posted by NerfFreak on 03 November 2007 - 08:04 AM in Homemades

After looking at how some craftsman use vacuumform tables to make certain types of projects, some being armor and costumes, I was thinking that stock shells from guns could be made, detailed, and used. Just use each half of the gun as a mold, and when both halves are completed, drill holes and screw them together. Plastics could be places on the inside of the gun for the inner structure, and essentially, you could replicate one of Nerf's original blasters. Even the Crossbow.

Again, just a thought. By the way, these probably couldn't be sold, due to copyrighting issues against Hasbro, so they'd have to be for personal use.

#128132 The Bull-pup Breech

Posted by NerfFreak on 31 October 2007 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Just because something has a backwards to forwards motion doeesn't make it a bullpup breech. The LS has that motion, and it's not a Bullpup. People consider things to be a bullpup design when the magazine is located behind the grip.

#126852 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 21 October 2007 - 01:45 PM in Homemades

I don't care if it's better or not. That's not the point.

Having trouble cutting the breech in the copper pipe. How would I go about doing that?

#126694 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 19 October 2007 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

No offense, but I believe I have a "better" diagram.

You have alot of flaws in your diagram. One of them is that the dart is just sitting in the barrel before the barrel/bolt is even moved back.

Captain Slug, I have a way of getting around darts being pushed into the plunger chamber. It'll be in the finished product, so bear with me.

#126514 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 17 October 2007 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

To keep it shaped right, I was thinking of layering some 1 1/4" PVC pieces to a certain thickness, gluing them, and sanding them down to the proper shape. The craft foam is a good idea. I'll have to use that.

#126512 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 17 October 2007 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

As I've said earlier in the thread, I am a traditionalist, and want to keep the guns the same as they are in real life. I also think that bolt action is cooler. Too many people think slapping a pump on a gun is the best thing ever.

#126428 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

Thanks Prometheus.

Also, Chanclas, look at the NTS part picture again. Notice how Boltsniper labeled the two feeding parts the barrel and bolt, not the barrel/bolt. They're two different pieces. Mines only one.

Spectre: Cool. Cool thing is they'll be cheap and easy to make. Probably only around $15-$25 dollars a gun. Not as much as some people would charge for a SCAR-N or FAR.

But note that this probably won't even be close to available for purchase for quite some time. It has to be built, tested, analyzed, and have it's stage of general warring and shooting until I can find time to build these for the public.

Plus it's school season. Gotta keep the grades up.

#126424 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 08:23 PM in Homemades

Yeah. There will be more on the rear of the body to compose the rest of the stock, and make it more comfortable.

#126422 Rfr---shotgun?

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

If anyone hasn't noticed this, if you just attached a pump to the lever, you'd have to move the pump forward, than backwards, not the traditional backwards, than forwards motion, like on a real shotgun.

#126419 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

The FAMAS was what this gun was based on, which is why I incorporated the bolt handle to be on top rather than on the sides.

Primevils right, this could be pump action, but I prefer bolt action, just because I'm a traditionalist to the weapons I base my designs off of.

The main problem I'm seeing is getting everything to line up correctly. Lots of precision measurements are up ahead, so let's hope I don't screw it up.

#126417 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 08:12 PM in Homemades

What I forgot to mention was that the feed lips on the magazine lock around the barrel/bolt, so the barrel/bolts slides within it, making it more stable.

I've already got parts of the barrel done, the main reciever cut, and a few other parts. I hope I can get it done soon.

#126410 The F.a.m.a.s.

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 07:43 PM in Homemades

Here's my design for the Frequent Assault Massive Action Shitlauncher (FAMAS). I scribbled it down in paint to show everyone, so it may not be 100% complete, but the basic idea is there.

Posted Image

I believe my design tinkers with something new. The bolt and the barrel are one piece. The barrel moevs backwards, pushing back the plunger to the catch (not shown), and also allows the breech, which is the hole shown with a red line on the brass, to recieve a new dart. Then the barrel/bolt is moved forward into firing position. Behind the opening of the breech will be some sort of bolt piece to keep the dart moving forward, not backwards, in the barrel. The large blue piece around the breech opening is the sheath, to keep the breech covered when a dart is chambered. Prototyping begins tonight. Any questions?

#126405 Abp5k

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 07:25 PM in Homemades

Is it hard to access for maintenance, as in, if your in the middle of a war, and an o-ring bursts, can you easily take it apart to fix it?

Great work Slug.

#126404 Found A Site That Sells Nerf(old Nerf)

Posted by NerfFreak on 16 October 2007 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

That's not an old Nitefinder. It's 2nd gen. First gen were to oringinal silver, black, and blue model. Correct me if I'm wrong. Other than that, that's an ok find.

#126236 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by NerfFreak on 14 October 2007 - 08:52 PM in Homemades

Very nice. I've had a bunch of ideas like that in the past, but just ran into one problem, and that's that I hate to use pins or pivots to attach things, which is whats needed for a carrier.

Might have to try this again, but right now I'm working on a project that might take some time to finish.

#125847 The Brothers Grimm

Posted by NerfFreak on 11 October 2007 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Are they solid? It just looks like it would be a weak joint if you don't attach it properly.

Other than that, great work. Very smooth and clean. Also, nice PJ on the LS.

#125378 What Happened?

Posted by NerfFreak on 07 October 2007 - 08:04 PM in Off Topic

What I see as the main problem is that people joining don't even bother reading the Code of Conduct. An example of something I also see alot follows:

New Member: YA, I LIKE TOTALLY LUV DIS GUN. I OWnZORS w/ It. !I MODDED IT!
Admin: Don't do that. This is your only warning.

What I see is that it wouldn't be their only warning. It'd be their second, since the first was in the Code of Conduct.

Maybe if there was some sort of quiz on the site rules. Results could be emailed directly to admins, and if the new member's score was too low, then they wouldn't be accepted as a new member.

#125153 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 05 October 2007 - 08:40 PM in General Nerf

Wasn't Flaming Hilt known for using/showing off homemades at wars?

I'm probably wrong, but I'll still ask.

Anyway, OMC, not to get rude or anything, but how much of your book is done?

#125145 Help Me With My Rf20

Posted by NerfFreak on 05 October 2007 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

Well, take the gun apart, and see if you can find where the leak is. Is it in the bladder, the valve, or what? We'll need to know that before we can help.

#125095 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 04 October 2007 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

I could leave it to OMC, but I'd probably still type it up anyway, in case OMC was unable to continue or something.

Finsihed the Table of Contents. 7 pages. Methinks I might have to edit out some of the mods, so the book doesn't end up lasting 300 pages.

#125090 Happy Birthday, Nerfmonkey!

Posted by NerfFreak on 04 October 2007 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Weird how lot's of threads turn into arguments. I wonder why?

Before this gets more out of control, happy b-day NerfMonkey. Have a good one.

#125087 Abp5k

Posted by NerfFreak on 04 October 2007 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

Well, I'm probably going to regret this, but here's the one comment your going to get that offers advice, or at least a question.

Grip looks a little shallow. Was it made to be like that or was that a flaw in the design.

Other than that, it looks great Slug, keep up the excellent work, and get well soon.

#124719 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 October 2007 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Probably, since a good amount of mods are on both NH and the HQ.

My biggest question is to FA24, to see if he minds if I go through the directory and compile them into one book, as he did all the work of making the directory.

#124706 Thotmarket-virtual Stock Market

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 October 2007 - 08:00 PM in Off Topic

http://www.thotmarke...uery=vcast news
V-cast news stock.

This is pretty cool. Thanks for introducing it.

#124704 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 October 2007 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

The book will definetely have pictures. Don't worry about that part. Anyone know how much a standard HP Printer Black/Colored Ink combo would cost?

#124696 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 October 2007 - 06:49 PM in General Nerf

Would anyone buy one? Not for profit, but if I printed them, would a fee that covers the cost of the paper+ink suit you? I can calculate it later. Right now, I'm just wondering.

#124680 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by NerfFreak on 01 October 2007 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

I've came upon this idea as something convenient I've wanted to do for a while, but never got around to.

Basically, it's a book themed after the better, more popular mods in the Modification Directory. It'd be a book with many of the mods in the directory, also with tips, hints, and suggestions. It's mainly so you don't have to come up to your computer every time you want to do a mod, and need to know what the next step is. I'd type it up, and have it available for download, so you can print it out yourself.

I just wanted to ask if anyone had a problem with this, or if they didn't want their mod in the book for Copyright reasons or something like that. I would put who did the mod, so credit isn't an issue. Also, I wouldn't sell this, so I wouldn't be making money off the NIC's mods.

Would anyone be interested?