Blaster's Content

There have been 241 items by Blaster (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51474 Favorite Band

Posted by Blaster on 03 April 2005 - 01:39 PM in Off Topic

My Top 4 bands would have to go in I'd say this order.

Slipknot
Metallica
MudVayne
Linkin Park

Just a few problems with a few of those bands. Metallica sold out, but I mostly just listen to their older CDs, and Linkin Park is going on tour with..... Eminem and Nelly. I hate those two and I sometimes wonder if Linkin Park is doing this just because rap's a really big thing these days. I still like LP, but in my eyes they've been going downhill ever since Collision Course. But that's just my opinion.

#46389 Avatars

Posted by Blaster on 22 January 2005 - 12:26 PM in Site Feedback

Just a small suggestion, could we maybe add some Johnny the Homicidal Maniac avatars, the Happy Noodle Boy avatars made me think of it. Just wondering.

#41826 Ompa's Title

Posted by Blaster on 16 November 2004 - 09:50 PM in Site Feedback

Introductor? Welcomer? Greeter? N00B helper? Assistant?

#41729 The Noble Crossbow: First Impression

Posted by Blaster on 15 November 2004 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

I LOVE cock it s AWSOME and you can do it with one hand even.

Editing is fun! Sorry moose :angry: . Just joking. But to make sure that this post isn't completely pointless, congrats on the x-bow Tex, and what mods are planning for your gun in the future?

#41180 Grand Theft Auto Weeble City

Posted by Blaster on 08 November 2004 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

I pretty much agree with Black_Wrath, you did really well on this game. The viewing from the top kind've reminds me of the old GTA. Overall it's great, good
work.

#40756 Election 2k4

Posted by Blaster on 04 November 2004 - 12:33 AM in News

I'd like to challenge the anti-Bush crowd here to avoid the laundry lists of problems from the last 4 years and focus this thread on what we can do, in your opinions, to fix the system.

Ok I've got a few suggestions.
-We could begin by pulling the troops out of Iraq, first and foremost. Since Iraq is planning to have a Civil War in roughly a year, we should probably pull out and leave the country to solve its own problems.
-Focus the forces more on where they need to be focused, Afghanistan. Bin Laden should be the first priority, since he was the one responsible for 9/11
-I'm not saying we should have gone after Kim Jong. Negotiations are probably the best way to deal with these things. I was just challenging the fact that Bush went after one guy for one thing and negotiated with another for the exact same thing.
-I'm not entirely sure on how the debt from the war can be fixed. My guess is that future generations will be paying for it.

So that's just a few of my opinions on how a few things could be fixed.

#40682 Election 2k4

Posted by Blaster on 03 November 2004 - 04:58 PM in News

If there ever is a draft, I'm just going to hightail it over to my local Air Force recruiter.

If there's ever a draft you can find me in Canada. This really really sucks. How did Bush actually win this? I mean let's look at the facts

-No weapons of mass destruction
-No use of weapons of mass destruction by Saddam
-No link between Saddam and the Al- Queda
-Bin Laden is still out there
-Kim Jong around the time of Iraq stated that he did in fact have weapons of mass destruction and Bush didn't go after him, however he insisted that we must go after Saddam for the very same reason (which as it turns out Bush was wrong about).
-Bush is about as intelligent as my three year old cousin.
-Bush has put the country into some extreme debt with the war. Future generations will be paying it off, not his.

I seriously have no clue how he won.

#39940 Lions And Tigers And Ghouls,

Posted by Blaster on 26 October 2004 - 08:19 PM in Off Topic

I'm going as the lead singer of Slipknot. I'm still working on the mask but I think I found a place that could sell me a jumpsuit at a better price than the places I've been to so far. The costume should look something like this
Posted Image

#39735 Happy Birthday Groove.

Posted by Blaster on 24 October 2004 - 03:50 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday Groove!

#39585 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by Blaster on 22 October 2004 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

I don't know, all those guns suck pretty bad but what about the detonator. That gun has to be the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen nerf make. Its accuracy sucks, its rate of fire sucks, its firing system sucks, and so the only conclusion I can come to is that the gun sucks.

#39197 Team America

Posted by Blaster on 18 October 2004 - 01:54 PM in Off Topic

I'm not sure, when I saw the preview or any scenes of the movie the only ones that seemed funny were the ones with Kim Jong.

#38585 Iraq Civil War

Posted by Blaster on 07 October 2004 - 11:28 PM in Off Topic

I heard recently from this site
that soon there may be a civil war in Iraq. Now I'm just posting a topic about this to hear other people's opinions and just to start a general discussion about it. I also heard (although I'm not entirely sure if it's true so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that both sides did not want U.S troops involved. In that case I personally believe that U.S troops should back out. It just doesn't seem to make much sense to be in a war in which even the side you'd try to help would be against you. Anyways, just wondering what everyone else thought about this.

#36590 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Blaster on 07 September 2004 - 03:07 PM in Off Topic

Most of mine were either of guns or motorcycles, but I like this result the best
Posted Image

#36307 Titan

Posted by Blaster on 03 September 2004 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

I believe that the Titan only shoots rockets when it's unmodded. There were some topics awhile back on how to modify it to make it shoot darts if you're interested. As a matter of fact Ompa has a great mod for it right here

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2773

#36257 Best Gun

Posted by Blaster on 02 September 2004 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

Primary: Rapid Fire twenty, which I'm trying to do the clip mod to.
Secondary: Secret Shot I. Stretched spring.
I also plan on carrying a modified Titan too, since I hear that if properly modified it can make an excellent losing gun. I think I'm ordering the N-Strike line sometime this or next week. Oh, and propably the Hornet as a Secondary also.

#36227 Long Range Weapon

Posted by Blaster on 02 September 2004 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

I suggested the titan, just because it seems like that would be the easiest one to get your hands on. Also with the titan you can get a brand new one in the box. It would require modding, but I'm assuming that if you put that for a long range weapon you'll be able to mod that one. Good luck finding a good gun.

#33674 Non-nerf Pellet Guns

Posted by Blaster on 10 August 2004 - 02:56 PM in Off Topic

Ok, I went to the mall and found something called a zebra II. I think it's one of these guns, just a cheap little three dollar version. They sell them at some place called gamers paradise if you're interested and have one near you.

#33626 Non-nerf Pellet Guns

Posted by Blaster on 09 August 2004 - 11:54 PM in Off Topic

Well my friend what you were shooting was a spring action “airsoft gun.”

Well I'll be damned, this is airsoft? I always assumed that was some sort of paintball gun thing. Thanks for the information.

EDIT: Well holy double fuck up, the first link is the one with the gun i think the kids had. The second link may show airsoft guns.

#33615 Non-nerf Pellet Guns

Posted by Blaster on 09 August 2004 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

So I was at some weird skatepark/park place with a friend of mine. He likes skateboarding and I like watching people fall so that's why I was there. Anyway, since it was basically just a fenced in park with skate ramps around it there were other people coming in doing things other than skating. There was a group of kids running around shooting each other with these little pellet guns. Here's what I know so far about the guns they were using: They look like small handguns but because of their small size and orange tip they can't normally be mistaken for real guns, they shoot small round plastic pellets, they hurt slightly but the ammunition is very inexpensive, the guns these kids had cocked like those guns you see in the movies (the top part slides), with each shot you need to cock the gun again, and i noticed the gun came with a clip feature. Now I think this is a website with some of those guns http://www.knifeco.c...sp?item=8000001 but I think these may not be the exact same. They let me shoot a few times with them and the guns were very fun, but I also heard that they may be illegal for those of us under sixteen. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Also there may be semi automatic or automatic versions of this gun that I think I saw in a local mall. I'm not sure of any of these things so tomorrow I'll be posting about that when I go to find out. Anyways I was just putting this here to hear your thoughts and ideas about these, or if any of you have seen these before, and if you have have you seen mods for it.

Note: The guns I saw did not seem like they were made only for adults. They did not hurt too much, and the only real danger is hitting someone in the eye. There is also a little legal status thing in the website, but once again I do not know if these are the same guns. I'll be getting the rest of the facts for sure tomorrow.

EDIT: Wrong link, this is the right one
http://www.knifeco.c..._id=57&subcat=1

#32547 Xbox? Ps2? Both?

Posted by Blaster on 28 July 2004 - 08:52 PM in Off Topic

Option #2 sounds best.

#32067 Federal Marriage Amendment

Posted by Blaster on 22 July 2004 - 02:28 AM in Off Topic

All right, I can't handle this BS anymore...

The marriage we're talking about has nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

Read that ^ one more time. Thanks.

People get married outside of churches all the time, they're called civil ceremonies and they're usually performed at a city hall. You can make an appointment here if you like - 18 or older please, heterosexuality not required.

OK, now that we're clear on that, lets talk about what marriage is, shall we?

Marriage is a legal status. When you do your taxes, buy a house, or try to collect a pension, it makes a whole mess of difference if you are married or not.

There are protections that our government will not afford you if you are not married. In 48 1/2 (plus or minus) states right now, there is no way for gay people to obtain this legal status.

Unfortunately, marriage is also a cultural institution. The religious right is going to fight to keep these legal sanctions against gay people as long as there are fucktards in the government who will still listen to them.

Oh yeah, the government isn't talking about forcing any goddamn churches to marry gay people. Red herring, shut up.

I'm done for now.

Wow, calm down pal :) . I'm just learning as I go. No need to get all angry. I just kept getting worried because I thought that eventually the government may force the church to do gay marriages or something. Well now that fear has been put to rest, thanks.

Edit: Ok Alex, I was just wondering. Originally I thought to elope was to gain the legal status of marriage without a religious ceremony.

#32056 Federal Marriage Amendment

Posted by Blaster on 22 July 2004 - 12:22 AM in Off Topic

Considering that studies have been done that show no adverse effect on children in gay households, and that "it makes me feel uncomfortable" and "it's not tradition" are not legal complaints,

Sorry to double post, but I thought since this post had a different point, and since I've seen people with different points double post to put them both in, I thought I would. Anyway, Merlinski, part of the argument is that God instituted marriage as a bond between man and woman, and that letting gays marry would be hypocritical. Which brings in the government forcing the church and blah, blah, blah. So the legal complaint is "the government is thinking about forcing my church to think it's way". People don't want the government forcing the church to do one thing because some are afraid it may try to change things too much.

#32055 Federal Marriage Amendment

Posted by Blaster on 22 July 2004 - 12:16 AM in Off Topic

You've got a point. Which brings us to eloping. I guess I must be shady on it, I thought that if you eloped it meant you were married outside of the church. I thought it was a government thing, but is it a religious ceremony? Originally I thought it was just being legally married without a church ceremony. And now I'm confused :) (more than usual ^_^ ).

#31930 Federal Marriage Amendment

Posted by Blaster on 21 July 2004 - 01:51 PM in Off Topic

What happened to Seperation of church and state? I want my constitutional fucking rights!

Good point. I think I have what Cx would call a lame mixed view. This is what I think, as Americans we are told that all are created equal. Therefore there should not be laws against same sex marriages. However since there is a seperation of church and state, the government should not force the church to marry two people of the same sex. That decision should be left up to that church. If one church won't marry the partners then they could go to another one that does. I don't mean switch religions I just mean the Christian religion has more than one church. Two churches of the same religion may have different views on this subject. There have been a few churches that do not oppose same sex marriages. This way you still have seperation of church and state and people are equal. My pastor did bring up an interesting point on this though. He said if the government is allowed to force the church into this then they may think it in their power to change everyone's religion. But that's just an off topic thought. Anyway this way churches are allowed to have their seperate opinions on the subject. And if worse comes to worse those two partners can just elope. Here's one extra thought, the church is so strongly against two people of the same sex, who believe in God, getting married, but I've never heard such a strong argument against people who do not even believe in God getting married. Isn't it better to believe in God and do something he finds sinful and ask His forgiveness, than to not believe in God at all and be living in sin (since according to the bible we are all sinful all the time). Just another random thought. My lame mixed view is that as a Christian I do not approve of homosexuality, but as an American I tolerate it, and also as a Christian I do not hate people who are homosexual. Ok so that was just my random thoughts and opinion.

#28695 Old N.o. Stuff

Posted by Blaster on 16 June 2004 - 10:26 PM in General Nerf

Thanks Tinkerer!

#28556 Old N.o. Stuff

Posted by Blaster on 15 June 2004 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

Speaking of old N.O stuff how come no one at least responds no or yes to my Nerfaholics thread?  :angry:

Shut up.

I just want to know if I can find the old Nerfaholics strips anywhere? It was a funny comic, and I was curious if there was anywhere to find the old ones.

#28522 Old N.o. Stuff

Posted by Blaster on 14 June 2004 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Speaking of old N.O stuff how come no one at least responds no or yes to my Nerfaholics thread? :angry:

#28521 Wtf ?

Posted by Blaster on 14 June 2004 - 08:29 PM in Off Topic

D'oh! Happy Birthday Wask! Hope your grandma gets better.

#28438 Dealing With The Police

Posted by Blaster on 13 June 2004 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I think it was Cx's Nerf in the News topic.

#28404 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Blaster on 13 June 2004 - 11:03 AM in Site Feedback

Sorry but I'll have to stick with IronRhino on this one...

IR isn't telling you it's the end of the world, he's just saying that the topic is the Code of Conduct. Which says, by the way, no pointless flames.

It wasn't really a pointless flame. I just called him Ironass because he called me dumbass. I only made fun of him back so it's not entirely pointless. Now let's just stop wasting space with this subject in this topic.

#28297 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Blaster on 11 June 2004 - 01:21 PM in Site Feedback

Hijacking a thread is a common term, dumbass.

Ironass I was just joking around. Holy crap, I make one comment about a funny picture and you guys act like it's the end of the world.

#28233 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Blaster on 10 June 2004 - 05:39 PM in Site Feedback

Taita, Blaster, and TimberwolfCY, what has this got to do with Code of Conduct?

You have managed to hijack this thread with a useless pic that you could have just posted in one of the political threads.

I don't think you want me to search for similar pics of Kerry, and I know cxwq doesn't. I hope cxwq does something about this.

~Vintage

Heh jeez, loosen up. It's just a funny pic. Hijack? What we're Nerfhaven thread terrorists now?

#28174 For All You Late Night People

Posted by Blaster on 10 June 2004 - 04:31 AM in Off Topic

HA strange I was wondering the same thing. My excuse is, I stayed up late yesterday slept late today, and now I can't get to sleep. My guess is I'm just not gonna be able to get to sleep and I'm just visiting the normal sites I go to (homestarrunner, here, metallica, etc. ). In basic, I'm bored and can't get to sleep.

#28166 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Blaster on 09 June 2004 - 11:46 PM in Site Feedback

Posted Image

MWAHAHHAHAHHAHAAH

I can't stop laughing at this pic ^_^

#27682 Avatar

Posted by Blaster on 03 June 2004 - 10:06 PM in Off Topic

Couldn't you just ask Cxwq for one?

Nope. In order to receive a custom avatar you have to make the contributions. I think Vacc said something about it being reserved for people who really deserved it. Or something like that.

#27551 Avatar

Posted by Blaster on 02 June 2004 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

You can however get a personal avatar if you make, I think it was, five contributions.

#27012 Just A Thought...

Posted by Blaster on 25 May 2004 - 05:55 PM in Homemades

I've read through this thread and I've come to the conclusion that a homemade tank.... would kick..... so much ass. Just the idea sounds awesome. Not to mention it would be great to see tanks in nerf wars. In fact if this idea ever got really popular it could be something to set nerf aside from paintball a little more. Every time I mention that I nerf someone says that it's just a wussy version of paintball (jackasses). Anyway, if there were tanks in nerf that would make it even better and it might even get people more interested. It could open up all new ideas for homemades too, such as homemades that are to big to carry but not too big to fit in a golf cart or some other kind of tank.

#26874 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Blaster on 24 May 2004 - 03:29 PM in Site Feedback

I voted that the code of conduct was just fine. It really is just common sense. Not to mention most people don't get deleted immediatly, they get warned a couple of times, and then normally they get used to it. There's really no reason to change it.

#26562 M6d Psitol

Posted by Blaster on 19 May 2004 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

Ok, I made the pistol, and it sucks.  The action is awesome (cock the hammer for each shot), but the darts don't shoot.  The rubber band doesn't slide off the small green pegs at all.  I tried a couple other possibilities, but they failed.

I might take this concept, though, and make an entirely new gun.

~Vintage

Before I actually made this gun I went ahead and tried a different design. Then I saw Vintage's link and built the actual model. The bad thing about mine is
1. It doesn't look as good
2. It doesn't have a trigger (it's a strange lever pull system although i may work a trigger on soon).

However with mine I can fire further, and I can make it to fire about six to eight shots at once or in single fire mode (without reloading). I'm going to try to make it look better and put a trigger on but both of those are looking unlikely.

EDIT: Ok I've kind of "perfected" the design of the gun. It's more like a shot gun now than a handgun but it still works really well. The accuracy is pretty good and I think I may be able to attach a trigger. However the "firing in rapid succession" thing doesn't work. Instead they all go out at the same time and scatter kind of like a shotgun blast. It's kind of cool and I think if I keep working at it I can get the single fire/rapid fire thing to work.

#26396 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Blaster on 17 May 2004 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Blaster, you live in Hinsdale?

I think you got the wrong guy, I'm from Oak Lawn.