utahnerf's Content

There have been 256 items by utahnerf (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#301589 HyperMaxx 1500

Posted by utahnerf on 15 July 2011 - 10:00 AM in Modifications

That is just........... pure awesomeness. It pretty much solves the problem with the 1500, it only has 4 shots. Now, it has 10!!!!

#301387 Atomic Splat

Posted by utahnerf on 12 July 2011 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Kick. Ass. Great work.

#301374 Hunter mod writeup

Posted by utahnerf on 11 July 2011 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Depends on how many people jam their throbbing...

Oh yea, this topic had a point... Could you substitute the crayola for cpvc?

I've done a couple hunters with cpvc. So..... yes.

#301325 Blast Valve/QFD imitation

Posted by utahnerf on 10 July 2011 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

Hahahaha, I just finished watching Iron Man 2 like 10 minutes ago, and my initial reaction to the pic was, "Whoa... kickass basement..". Also, I remember those "QFD"s, those were sweet. I can't wait to make one and try it out on my new homemade.

#301217 My ChainBlazer mod

Posted by utahnerf on 08 July 2011 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Great job! I'm a big fan of your mods, they are quite creative. My favorite part is that it eliminates the chain (Mine always had issues). The aluminum looks great too.

#301161 Hunter mod writeup

Posted by utahnerf on 07 July 2011 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DICKS ARE IN MY MOUTH?

Is this like one of those "Guess how many are in the box" things? Well, I'm gonna guess five.

#300821 Quick Stefan Question

Posted by utahnerf on 30 June 2011 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Yes, we have tried all different types of foam for covering the washers, but I prefer felt. For foam tips, I prefer craft foam. I use a punch to create uniform circles.

#300746 Turtle Wax + Brass

Posted by utahnerf on 29 June 2011 - 12:50 PM in Modifications

Ok, I think I'll add that to my long list of things I still need to try and mod. Honestly, if this could seal up the space between the brass pieces nicely, you could make amazingly efficient triggers for dumping pilot air in BP tanks.

Be careful if you ever decide to put Future on a paint job, the paint must be completely cured. If it isn't, solvents will evaporate through the Future polish, causing crackling/cracking (I know this from experience).

#300697 New Nerf Guns

Posted by utahnerf on 28 June 2011 - 05:15 PM in News

That orange...... fuckin' awesome.

#300685 Nerf in Hawaii

Posted by utahnerf on 28 June 2011 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure that one of the old Admins, Pineapple, aka "Piney", lives in Hawaii.

#300493 Turtle Wax + Brass

Posted by utahnerf on 25 June 2011 - 12:57 AM in Modifications

It might work. This is what I used on my brass.

I've been wondering if someone other than myself uses auto cleaners/polishers/etc. for Nerfing purposes. I've been using scratch removers and waxes/cleaners for my blasters for the past year or so. I am a huge fan of the brand Armor All and Mothers. I have also found that using a paintball squeegee and waxing/cleaning the inside of my barrels adds about 10 extra feet of range. My brother is moving out in a year, so he has left all of his auto products to me. I use wax/cleaners on my paintjobs, as the wax adds an extra barrier for dirt, dust and skin oil. It has helped to preserve my PJs for years to come.

Also, for removing wax, I use Windex. I am also a fan of Future floor polish as a clear coat, as it is cheap as HELL.

#299239 Tyco RC Rapid Assault

Posted by utahnerf on 03 June 2011 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Hahahaha possibly one of the most amusing (and effective) write ups I've ever read. That thing looks VERY fun. Range/effectiveness is one thing, but amusement? This wins in that area. Great job!

EDIT: I love this new validation method, brings the good ones into the NH community.

#299094 Marshmallow Blaster

Posted by utahnerf on 31 May 2011 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Pretty good writeup, you may want more pictures and better explanations, this is pretty vague. Personally, I fucking love the marshmallow blaster. High power, cool aesthetics, comfortable. Damn.

#298998 N-Strike vs Dart Tag

Posted by utahnerf on 30 May 2011 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

So I wanted to do a forum where everyone gives their opinion about
which series or gun they think is better to mod, cooler, gets better ranges and etc.

For the least work and the highest reward, range-wise, I would say the BBBB. But the most fun? I love the Hunter. It is so damn fun to use the bolt. BUT, I have found that homemades are the most rewarding of all. More of an accomplishment in my opinion.

#298820 DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by utahnerf on 27 May 2011 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

That looks extremely fun. Practical? Maybe not. But fun? Hell yes.

#298819 and then the soothsayer returned...

Posted by utahnerf on 27 May 2011 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Oh hey hows it goin' eh? Welcome back to the Nerfhaven eh!

#298790 Nerf Whiteout Series Blaster Reviews!

Posted by utahnerf on 27 May 2011 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

Wow.... those are some SICK paint schemes. Love the ringy things on them.

#298636 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by utahnerf on 25 May 2011 - 10:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Is that better than a regular +Bow?

+++Bow is teh winrar.

Also, FU-BJ, is there a write up on how to make these yet? I would be very interested in knowing how. Are they made out of 100% silicone caulk?

#298344 Very simple crossbow modification

Posted by utahnerf on 20 May 2011 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

On a more positive note, yes, this is a simple mod. But there is also the chance of taking a human core sample.

#296974 Ads?

Posted by utahnerf on 31 March 2011 - 03:52 PM in Site Feedback

Legit double post: I found a way to fix the problem so far. I have Nerfhaven bookmarked, and by using the bookmarked version I do not get the audio ads. I recommend bookmarking this url: http://nerfhaven.com...ex.php?act=home
Also NEVER click on the Nerfhaven home page logo, because that will trigger the ads, just use the bookmark url to get there.

#296973 Ads?

Posted by utahnerf on 31 March 2011 - 03:44 PM in Site Feedback

In a row of 6, 6 chubby dicks, shut yo muthafuckin lips....... something about Sun chips...... great song.

#296972 Swarmfire Brass Turret Mod (hybrid Turret)

Posted by utahnerf on 31 March 2011 - 03:38 PM in Modifications

If I were you, I wouldn't use soft metals like brass or aluminum on the belt sander, they will damage the belts and melted flakes will attach themselves to your belts, severely decreasing the life of the belts. It would be best to use a dremel or regular sandpaper, just use low speeds on the dremel. Great job on the blaster!

#296967 Ads?

Posted by utahnerf on 31 March 2011 - 02:38 PM in Site Feedback

I've been running firefox, safari and chrome all on an intel based imac, and no problems so far. What was that rap you guys kept hearing? Also, when it pops up and says "Think of it as evolution in action", I was wondering, maybe they are changing the style of the site or something. Or April Fools, hahaha.

#296928 Ads?

Posted by utahnerf on 30 March 2011 - 08:50 PM in Site Feedback

I've been on NH for about a half an hour, no ads so far. I blocked Megaswf.com, no more problems at the moment for me.

#296917 Ads?

Posted by utahnerf on 30 March 2011 - 05:11 PM in Site Feedback

Just had more ads...... they told me to buy a new Caddy, then some little girls started talking to me....... I don't know what I want, little girls or the Cadillac.... Also, I have noticed that for me they happen a minute or so after getting onto a new page, not instantaneously.

#296867 Eel Attack

Posted by utahnerf on 30 March 2011 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

I can see the ability of a replacement of the PT with 1" PETG, or something that is an inch or two longer. I mean, there is a lot of space behind that PT.

#296866 Idea For Homemade Darts

Posted by utahnerf on 30 March 2011 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Or silicone glue.

#296826 Eel Attack

Posted by utahnerf on 29 March 2011 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

Mmmmmm.... pre-clipped NF....

#296787 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by utahnerf on 28 March 2011 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

It seems that the compressor fills up the tank very quickly, which is quite nice. Also, did you sew that battery holder yourself? I love sewing......

#296580 Could We Have A Sticky Thread For Notably Inactive Users?

Posted by utahnerf on 25 March 2011 - 02:35 PM in Site Feedback

No he is not dead, however he has been busy with working last I heard from him.

Whew, that's a relief. Why did CA13 think he was dead?????

#296565 Could We Have A Sticky Thread For Notably Inactive Users?

Posted by utahnerf on 25 March 2011 - 07:03 AM in Site Feedback

Did Soothsayer die?

Seconded. I know this was a NIC meme a while back, but you don't sound like you're joking...

There was a thread a while back where he told everyone that he didn't die, but maybe he got sick again or something. I know that he was using prescription drugs pretty heavily. He also hasn't been on NerfHaven since November, 2010, which is surprising because he was a pretty active member.

#296548 Nerf Dart Tag Speedload 6

Posted by utahnerf on 24 March 2011 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

Ugh.... can't stand these guns. Barely better than a recon. Good job on the mod though.

#296505 Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification

Posted by utahnerf on 23 March 2011 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the trigger/catch design looks like it would warrant a smooth pull.

#296497 Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification

Posted by utahnerf on 23 March 2011 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

What are the ranges?

#296496 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by utahnerf on 23 March 2011 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

Hopefully we can get some North Ohio/Toledo/Detroit area wars going.

#296403 Brocken Ls Plunger Tube

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

If you hadn't started with charmander then Brock wouldn't be a problem.

It's always a good idea to start with squirtle, people who are smart go with squirtle, even if their longshots are brocken. I believe that someone is selling aluminum Longshot plunger tubes somewhere....

#296369 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

A better idea would be milling, water jet cutting, or laser cutting. Casting is harder than you think (believe me, I've done it.).

#296353 Cerberus, Multibarrled Rotating Shotgun Attachment.

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 04:38 PM in Homemades

Sweet attachment, looks awesome too, and I also love the rotation!

#296351 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

Somewhere in the Homemades Pictures thread someone made an all aluminum +bow, that's the closest I've seen.

#296264 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by utahnerf on 19 March 2011 - 08:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for the info! Does any one know the general dart/barrel fit of log home white? Also, how does Log Home compare to Swiftnerf foam?