tomorrowsDarkness's Content

There have been 71 items by tomorrowsDarkness (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356652 nerfhaven threatens to shut down MY ISP?

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 06 November 2016 - 05:48 PM in Site Feedback

What rights? You have freedom of speech, sure, but you aren't free from consequences of that speech. If you're doing something that breaks the rules here, then you're subject to what happens when you break the rules. By joining this forum and posting, you're agreeing to these rules that have been placed before you and you agree to take responsibility for your actions. You're also agreeing to allow NH and it's admins/mods/staff to take the actions listed because you're agreeing to post here after reading the rules. 

Don't complain about something that you've agreed to by reading the rules then continuing to post here. 

#353174 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 01 May 2016 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Making it on time as well, should be me and my wife this time around instead of hauling father time and the crew. (He was why I was late :c )

Can't wait to see everyone again, and I'm going good to hopefully stay much longer than last time! 

#350936 Nerf Hammershot 7 shot barrel

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 20 January 2016 - 01:12 AM in General Nerf

If you're talking about Yifan9, he's a reseller. I bought two of mine from him, and he should be getting them again pretty soon. It just takes him a bit to get more stock in. I know a couple other people are starting to make their own, but I don't think they have any for sale yet. Just keep trying back every so often.

#350375 "Koosh" darts

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 01 January 2016 - 02:25 AM in Darts and Barrels

You appear to have confused me with a putz in a mask.  I won't hold it against you, and will happily attempt to give you better information than "Weigh the booster packs before you buy them."
Honestly, koosh darts are great, but just don't react well with flywheels.  If you are intent on using a noisemaker, you may just need to use FVJs or the nipple darts.  Your opinion on dart longevity is a pretty good one and, if you can afford to purchase darts on a regular basis, should serve you well.

Weighing the packs is a great way to find foils, as well as bonus cards as per the DKA (right?) set where you had the extra flip cards. Saves you money if you're just going for foils, which is all it's useful for. 

On topic; 

Nipple darts are great, depending on which brand you end up getting. I really like the Accu darts, they seemed to fly further than FVJ's and stock elites out of my Crossbow. All shots seemed more consistent in terms of accuracy, but there is too much power behind them to really test that accurately. (heh) 
If you're just looking for something to shoot off, or have a ton of ammo around, the FVJ's really do a good job of being cheap and fairly launchable.

Koosh darts seem to work well in flywheelers, as that's the only thing Duke Wintermaul will use in them.

#349018 RSCB and Koosh Darts?

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 10 October 2015 - 01:08 PM in Darts and Barrels

Adding on to this; anything in an RSCB that doesn't have a hard tip or thin enough tip will get stuck trying to enter your barrel, at least in my experience. Stock darts, koosh, some slugs if the heads aren't on properly, all have issues feeding into RSCB's. As Snoop said, your best bet is slugs. And well made ones, or you're gonna have a bad time.

#348961 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 05 October 2015 - 09:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Bumping as this is coming up this Friday! Bring your blasters, not your darts! Leave the homemades where you made them! We're possibly doing some HvZ style games as well this weekend. Remember, this is CQC! Be mindful of the other players, and have fun!

#348746 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 15 September 2015 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

OP updated with new info regarding hours, days, and FPS drop to combat danger! We're still running strong, guys!

#348583 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 30 August 2015 - 08:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on how things go with my job and the rest of September, I'll be there.

#348571 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 29 August 2015 - 02:48 AM in Nerf Wars

THanks to everyone who came out, we'll see you in two weeks! We had a great turnout tonight!

#348544 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 27 August 2015 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Well if other people are willing to pitch in for voberries, we'd be more than happy to buy them. But considering we're providing darts for 20-30 people...

250 is just the cap, but nobody is shooting anything that hard. It's almost all superstock with a few people using some modded stuff. And even then, it's lightly modded in most cases.

We don't really have a lot of welt/bruising issues. We run these in some homemades in our group, and even then we still don't. We allow for gun taps/close range calls so we don't point blank anyone, too. Our group values safety over anything, so if there are issues with the people playing we take care of it so everyone is happy.

#348535 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 26 August 2015 - 02:53 PM in Nerf Wars

What: CANE presents Black Ops Global indoor wars!
When: Every 2nd Friday of the month
Where: 11472 Gondola Drive, Cincinnati OH
Cost: $7 if you have your own blaster, $12 to rent. Darts are supplied, special ammo is a BYO.

It's a little short notice (It's the upcoming Friday), but C.A.N.E. is having an indoor war! We're in the starting stages, so there are kinks we're working out. Here's a quick rundown of everything;

It's a 5 hour event, and the more people we get the better chance we have of getting more hours to play there. We're currently working on that.

It's a pay-to-play, as it's not out arena, and the cost is $7. We've got an itinerary of games we're playing, and we're trying to keep games that are unlimited respawns like CTF, DTC, and Carpe. We're always open for suggestions on game types or what to play, but we're trying to stick to a pre-planned list just to keep things running smoothly. If we get game types before Fridays, we can probably throw them in.

Rules;

There is a 300 FPS cap (imposed by Black Ops themselves), but we're using FVJ's (for the cost, and we're using pretty low-powered stuff for the most part) so I'd like to keep FPS down to 200ish. This is almost all close quarters combat.
Blaster bans will be anything shooting over 250 FPS. We have an on-site chrony to check, and anything air powered will be tested beforehand. If you're shooting stock missiles, it won't be a problem.

Darts will be supplied, so please do not bring your own. If you're using your own ammunition like megas, discs, arrows, etc., you're responsible for those yourself and we're not in charge of finding them.
Currently, we're not allowing any stefans/slugs/etc until we can figure something out with Black Ops. It's more of an insurance thing with the building.

We'll go over the rules at Black Ops itself, but they're just the basic stuff;
No drugs or alcohol
No violence
Be respectful
Eye protection is mandatory
Fun is recommended

This is the map for the arena

Attendees (Not including the people who I don't personally know, or the Airsoft kids who join us);
Myself
Chop
Dez
FatherTime
Chrono +1
Milly
Odep
NerfMafia
Chris
Tim +1
Pat +1
Brian
Christian +1
Kid Flash

These are our regular attendees. We had 26 peoplet our last war, with close to those numbers regularly. Not including airsoft kids who play with us too.

#348409 [OH] Hell Before Halloween III

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 15 August 2015 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there for sure. Two days after my birthday ;)

#348203 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 August 2015 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I had an amazing time nerfing with everyone at APOC. Here's some of my highlights!

Pros:
Meeting everyone that I've been talking to online and more. You guys were awesome and it was great getting to meet you in person. It was also really nice having said people specifically pick me for games. ~swoon
Getting to shoot all those people.
My first full-blown NIC war! I got to run around with a pumpsnap and a sceptor, and had a ton of fun. I felt so outpowered with my Xbow, which is something new and it's pushing me to finish my internals on it. It's a great feeling.
My slugs were amazing.
I wore myself out; I've never ran so much and nerfed so hard before in my life.
Tons of compliments on my Xbow (BBQ Chicken) by a bunch of people whose input means a ton.

Cons:
Not getting enough time to hang out with Drac, Chicken, Langley or anyone else.
Getting there late because of crap we needed and leaving early because we barely had any sleep and we were already getting home at 6 AM.
13 hour drive to APOC.
11 hour drive home.
Somehow forgetting the most important piece of my blasters; The hopper. No clue how I forgot it.
Coming home with maybe 500 slugs out of 1200+
Being too shy to go up to the Wonder Twins and plenty of other people whom are my nerf idols and meet them. Hopefully I get a chance to next time I nerf with them.
NOT GETTING A CROSSBOW PURPLE BANDANA. Really sad I got there so late, because I desperately wanted one of these. :/

I cannot wait for next year, but I'm going to try my darnedest to take a flight there next time. Thanks for hosting such an awesome war, Langley!

#348021 Indoor War Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 24 July 2015 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for double posting, but I have a question.

What ammo types will be provided? Just basic darts? Or will there be Titan missiles and Demolisher rockets?

Just basic darts. If you have Titan missles or Demolisher rockets you want to use for your own blasters, bring them. We may, in the future, end up having homemade versions of the missiles/rockets but as of now we're still working on getting our footing here at Black Ops. We're also going to be offering painting/mod services if anyone is interested, as well.

#348020 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 24 July 2015 - 01:58 PM in Nerf Wars

So we're gonna beat this nerd up and steal his lunch money, right?

I call his shoes. Oh, we're not mugging him? Oops...

One more week to go, I can't wait to meet everyone.

#347914 Indoor War Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 18 July 2015 - 01:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Xellah we actually do outdoor wars every week. The blasters definitely won't be stock for the indoor thing, but we can't use any variation of stefans.

Outdoors is another story. We have a war tomorrow at noon in cinci if you want to make it. I don't think I have you added on facebook, but if you're interested shoot me a pm.

As for black ops, I'll be there with +2 and +2 maybes

#347774 I was scammed by Drac?

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 09 July 2015 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

Drac doesn't seem like the type of guy to do that. I've sold him stuff before, and he does enough dealings to not need to steal cash from people.

#347574 NERF Modulus!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 30 June 2015 - 10:11 PM in General Nerf

I have to agree with the Duke on this one, I'm not excited either. Not only for the fact that it's a reshelled Stryfe, but also because the stock is garbage, and the colors of it and the accessories could have been a lot better. Just release the rest of the 2015 line, already.

#347179 NoMNE 5.0

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 13 June 2015 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my brother (Nicholas and Ben) are obviously already going, I've got Paul (fathertime) coming, and another guy. This is the first war I've gone to outside of our weekly wars, and it's a 10 hour trip. I'm super excited and cannot wait to play with everyone. Bobo owes me dinner, too, so I have to be there for that.

#346995 Nerf Double Down Mod

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 30 May 2015 - 12:42 PM in Modifications

I warred with Buffdaddy last week and I can vouch for the distance and accuracy. I run a Crossbow with a stock PT and Arrowstorm spring and hit about 80-90 feet with it, and he was outranging me easily. I think my PT needs a little more grease, but he definitely has the range.

It looks super nice in person, too.

#346110 First Stryfe mod

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 11 April 2015 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

Is it the hole on the side of the dart head that screws with the aerodynamics and makes it corkscrew? Or is it something more

It's just the hole. If that wasn't there, they'd hurt more on impact but would also not spiral out of control.

#346109 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 11 April 2015 - 12:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure what response you are referring to.

I'll be there if I don't have to work.

#345794 Ohio Revolution II: Redcoats Revenge

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 25 March 2015 - 11:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Why not a war in Columbus where it's convenient for all Ohioans, Cincy is too far for me.

Considering he's coming from the UK to do this, I think you can make something that's too far. It's where he wants to have it, and it caters to 3 different states easily.

@Brit; no worries man. I'll be there as long as it's not the first weekend of June. I will do everything I can to make it.

#344944 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 11 February 2015 - 01:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Throw me down as a maybe. Both because I would rather get someone to take me (I'm already dragging my poor van down to NoMNE later) and it's at an odd time of year for me. If anyone goes through southern Ohio, let me know. If nobody is willing to swing by, I'll just drive. Will update on whether or not I change my mind.

Also, NerfMonkey, I'd love to get drunk afterwards.

#344943 Drive times

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 11 February 2015 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

There used to be nerfers in Cinci, OH, and that's only about 2.5 hours away from both of you so you may want to check that out. Alternative: Build it Host a war and they will come (hopefully).

I routinely drive around an hour or more from the suburbs into the city for local Pittsburgh wars and have for years. Further (~once a year) drives were 6-ish hours to NJ, DC, and I think it was even longer to Toronto. That's all car-pooling, though.

I also love in Indiana, Greensburg to be specific, to play I usually drive to Cincinnati. I know there are some others in Indiana as well, maybe we could put something together in Indy some time.

In Cinci we actually have a war every Sunday from 12-4ish, and sometimes smaller 2 hour wars at a nearby church on some Saturday nights. I'm planning on hosting something larger if our usual big Cinci war doesn't happen soon enough. If ya'll felt like driving to Cinci for relatively small things (it's at Boldface Playground, it's not huge so it isn't amazing for larger than 20-30 people.) we'd love to have you.

Edit: Completely forgot to add to the actual topic itself; I normally drive about 40 minutes for mine, but I'm going to NoMNE later this year which will be a 10 hour trip. That's probably the longest I'll drive myself, anything further and I'd either take a bus or carpool.

#344626 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 27 January 2015 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Barbecue Chicken
Mods Done: Level 4 modifications; Priming bar reinforced, spring rest reinforced, catch reinforced, rebarreled with a setup that allows me to use mega and elite darts via 1/2" cpvc and 3/4" cpvc couplers.
Integrations: N/A At this time; Splitfire (much wow, very original) and AT3k planned.
Comments: Found this baby on eBay and I finally had some cash on me, much to the wife's dismay. I didn't touch her for a while, wanting to keep it pristine and stock (she only had a small crack in the bow arms and was missing the bowstring when I found her) as long as possible. I finally started attending some weekly wars and decided I needed to bust her out and spruce her up. First couple wars, she stayed stock; using only a 1/2" cpvc barrel for elites e-taped and crammed into her original barrel. The week after, I decided I needed to actually bring her up to standards.

After fixing her up, I'm quite pleased and plan on completely gutting her internals and doing a full custom set so she's perfect. Needs a little more reinforcing at that point, but that'll come whenever the internals do.
As for the name, I go by Coleslaw at my wars. I figured, "Hey, what goes great with coleslaw? Barbecue chicken!" and so the name was born and embedded into her heart. Now all she needs is a couple secondary pistols (Forky and Spoony) to complete the set.

#313218 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 20 March 2012 - 03:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, still no reply from Lazer Kraze so I'm guessing they're a no-go at this point. I'll leave them up there just in case, but it looks like parks are going to be the way to go right now.

#312515 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 05 March 2012 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Added Dunham Park on the list of areas to choose.

#312473 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 05 March 2012 - 03:26 PM in Nerf Wars

snip
Right now my personal vote is for Rapid Run Park, but another really good place to nerf at is right up the street at Dunham Park where they have a massive wooden playset.
/snip

Ah! For the life of me, I couldn't remember the name of the park. That's another place I wanted to throw on there. Thank you!

To your question, no you have not met me before. This will be my first big war unless I can find someone to pick me up for the Columbus war... But I would love to pool our resources and make this a huge event, and to make it a recurring one too! I can pm you my FB or phone number if you'd like a better and faster way to reach me.

#312430 Columbus War 4.1

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 04 March 2012 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone from Hamilton/Cinci area wants to give me a ride to this, I'd be forever grateful.

#312427 Ohio Nerfers!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 04 March 2012 - 04:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be up for a Lazer Kraze game. I loved it when I last attended. I don't recall being "spawn camped" at any point. I'm fine with any attendance fee under $15.

I'm waiting for a reply from the Lazer Kraze corporate guys on whether or not they'll let us do this again. Talked to a manager yesterday and e-mailed him the details about it.

#312426 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 04 March 2012 - 04:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, I see. Well, Sundays aren't exactly good for me, so I can't mark attendance on the 15th quite yet. If the attendance is great, I can cancel my Sunday plans. Otherwise I'll have to stick to other days for Nerf games.

Okay. I can also try for the 14th, which I don't believe should be a problem for me. I'm trying to get a general consensus to see what days are good for everyone, but that is the day I think would be best. If you'd like to throw a date out there, I'm all ears.

#312422 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 04 March 2012 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I can definitely move it. And the reason it's on a Sunday is more for people who do things on Saturday's. I think Sunday's would be easier as less kids or families at a park, since church and all is around that time of day.

Edit: Changed the date to the 15th, since the week after is Easter.

#312375 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 10:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Disregard.

#312373 Ohio Nerfers!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

You're planning stuff, go for it. I'm not going to stop you.

Thanks. Hopefully the thread's up to spec for you.

#312368 Cincinnati, OH Nerf war (Cancelled due to lack of interest)

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, this should be pretty easy. We need a place to Nerf, and several members have thrown in places they like. Date will be the same for everything but Lazer Kraze, since that will be more of a bi/weekly event if enough people agree to go to those.

For locations, we have:
Rapid Run Park
Boone Woods Park
Mt. Echo Park
Dunham Park
And then both Lazer Kraze locations.

For Lazer Kraze; prices will probably be $5ish like it used to be. It might be more than that, but it's going to be for three hours of nerfing in their arena. I'm waiting to hear from them to see if they'll allow us to use the arena again.

Date: April 15th (Unless you need a different day)/Any Friday or other day of the week for Lazer Kraze
Time: 10 til whenever we're pooped./ After closing.
Where: Whichever you guys choose; besides Lazer Kraze.

Rules:
-Eye protection is mandatory.
-No singled Titans/Cobras/etc.
-I would prefer if blasters that originally fire ammo larger than a mega have some sort of OPRV.
-Barrel taps are of course allowed.
-Gun hits count.
-Don't bring all Black or camo guns.
-No age limit, but if you're getting annoying we will tell you to leave.
-General douchebaggery will not be allowed, and we will tell you to GTFO.
-No shields except for Manta Rays.
-Melee weapons are only allowed for HvZ rounds.
-If we end up going to Lazer Kraze, try to keep cursing to a minimum. We want them to want us back. Also, stock darts will be the only thing allowed at Lazer Kraze. Don't want to break a light.
- Big Blasts will be inspected thoroughly – Any modifications to the tank in order to expand it, or to the ORPV to reduce its effect on the air output will prevent the blaster from being used. Big Blasts already fire insanely hard guys; you don’t need more power. Be prepared to open these blasters in front of the hosts for inspection (don’t glue it shut – it will be banned)
- Any other blasters that are voted too powerful will be banned for the day.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.

Dart Regulations:
-Nothing bigger than a 1/4" slingshot weight.
-No tack darts AKA death darts. Because you'll be kicked out for using them.
-If we end up doing HvZ, only stock darts will be allowed.

Game Types:
-3:15
-Pistol Only rounds
-HvZ
-CTF
-Any further additions can be voted for.

What to bring:
-Two Primaries, in case your first one breaks.
-A secondary.
-LOTS of stock darts and stefans. Minimum 200 a person. If you do not have that many, loaners will be available.
-Good attitude!
-Bandanas/flagging tape, as many colors as you have. This helps with team matches.
-Trade stuff!
-Food or money for food, and plenty of water/liquids. This is a MUST HAVE.
-Money for loaners. Refundable if you don't break the blaster, and if you bring back all/90% of the darts borrowed.

What not to bring:
-Bad attitude.
-Banned blasters.
-Death darts.

Definites:

Maybes: Stop procrastinating and be a definite!

If there is anything else I need to add, please PM or post. I'll fix it asap.

#312357 Ohio Nerfers!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

RE: Lazer Kraze
It was 5 bucks per person for 3 hours (from midnight to 3am), and average attendance was in the 20-25 range, which is only $100ish total. However, as with Lazer Tag, suffers from "campers" and "spawn killing". Northernmost site. 15-35 players.

Which is why I hope Scallywag Tag gets back to me so I can hear what they have to say.

RE: Boone Woods Park
The fort is a nice battle arena, great for CTF/DTC/Powerball or anything with a central, defensible location. The con is that there's not a whole lot of space inside the fort proper, and a handful trained nerfers can keep the fort pretty well held down. 10-25 players

Oh it has a fort? Hmm. I really like this one now, I had no idea what was there. We need a poll for this soon. Anyone want to get a war thread started for this?

RE: Mt. Echo
Nice wide field, not a whole lot of natural cover though. Can support much larger wars. 15-50 players

This is the one I want to use the most, because I want to get a larger war started. I can always make some mobstacles for this, if given the proper amount of time.

RE: Rapid Run Park
Good staging area, not so good for cover. Comparable size to Boone Woods. 10-25 players.

Same as Boone Woods comment; we need a poll for everyone else. I'm good for any one of these.

#312339 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Man... I would go if someone from Ohio would be able to take me. If there are any takers, I have a large supply of nerf guns and darts. Both of which I can give to pay for gas money, or use real cash. PM me if there are any takers, please.

#312320 Ohio Nerfers!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

To be fair, it says Ohio Nerfers. Unless Langley or someone else says we're allowed to make a redundant thread about Ohio area nerfers, albeit for a different part of Ohio, I'm keeping it in here until someone would like to collaborate an event so the Indiana and KY nerfers can join in too.

On topic: HasreadtheCoC; I believe I've been to Boone Park, but from the Google Maps view it looks a bit small. Not sure if it is, I just can't remember for the life of me if I've been there. As for the places to nerf, I'd of course be more inclined to go the Mt Echo park route or anything in the Cincinnati area.

#312299 Ohio Nerfers!!!

Posted by tomorrowsDarkness on 03 March 2012 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay, so if anyone can get to me how much they'd be willing to pay for a couple hours at Scallywag Tag, and how many people they'd be able to bring with them. If I can get a head count and money count, it'd be easy to talk them down in price.

I also need to know how often you guys will be willing to do this, they might be willing to go even cheaper if we're going to do this often enough.