Ironhead's Content

There have been 5 items by Ironhead (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#286538 Scored A Longshot At Walmart Today.

Posted by Ironhead on 03 October 2010 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

I started thinking a few months back it might be nice to have an extra LS for parts if mine ever broke. As I looked around I could not find one anywhere. I did some searching and it appears the LS was discontinued, or at least is out of production at this time. Anyway, I gave up on it and moved on, looks like my Stampede will be my new favorite anyway...

I went to Walmart today to buy my weekly groceries and I always stop by the toys just for shiggles, and sitting on the shelf was a Longshot, all alone. The box has seen better days but is still intact with factory seals, so I'm guessing it was just lost somewhere in the back. Looks like someone found it and put it out on the shelf.

I was also pleased when it rang up for $24.99. Anyway I guess there are still some out there, any official word from Nerf on the LS? I've seen several places that claim it is discontinued but no actual word from Hasbro, not that they ever actually put it in writing when they discontinue a toy.....

I'm deciding now if I want to sell it and make some extra Christmas money or hang on to it.

#285841 Nerf Stampede - Plunger Catch Control Spring Troubleshoot!

Posted by Ironhead on 21 September 2010 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

How high did you push your voltage during testing?

It's possible something in the electronics was damaged from to much voltage.

#285744 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ironhead on 19 September 2010 - 07:37 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

My Recon. Only mod is an AR removal. It also has a Raider stock, but I don't count that as a mod.

It's painted black and gunmetal, it has also been "distressed" with some metalic paint to simulate wear. Of course the magazine and stock are distressed to match as well. By far my most detailed nerf blaster.

It's also listed in the trade section if anyone is interested.

#285712 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Ironhead on 18 September 2010 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

Yes, I sent you a reply back, thanks a bunch!!

I guess I'll give them a try. I have a timer/counter from my competitive shooting days so I should be able to get an actual rof to list, if the stampede is loud enough to register on it.

I can't wait to get this thing modded up, I love my longshot, and it's pretty tricked out (mod wise), but essentially it's a bolt action rifle, not a great rate of fire.

Thanks again for your help and I'll look forward to your reply on the spring!

#285588 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Ironhead on 17 September 2010 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

SGNerf can you tell me if these batteries will work as well as your trustfires?

http://www.all-batte...e37v900mah.aspx

I know they are listed at 800 mAh rather than yours at 900, but I don't think that will really hurt me much. I'll always have extras if mine get low.

I'm planning to use them in AA to D battery adapters in my stampede (if I can find the adapters).

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm also on the hunt for an online site that will sell springs that match the specs on yours (the middle strength). My ACE has springs but none of them will work for nerf guns so I'm forced to hunt online. If anyone has any place they like to use to order them let me know!

Thanks again folks! :ph34r: