MindWarrior's Content

There have been 105 items by MindWarrior (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#291470 Merry Christmas!

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 December 2010 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

Merry X-mas Nerfhaven!

#289978 Underground

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 December 2010 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Usually, Nerf wars are scheduled at least a month ahead of time, this allows people to free up their schedules, make darts and bring whatever they're brining in working condition. Just my two cents.

#289395 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by MindWarrior on 29 November 2010 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

We all forget that although most of us follow similar ways to nerf, we're free to interpret the hobby responsibly as we want to. And besides, this isn't as complicated as something like a stampede and might open up some new ideas to the community, I mean c'mon we created SILENCERS, crappy silencers, but silencers.

#288908 Happy Turkey Day!

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 November 2010 - 06:59 PM in Off Topic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, whos gonna storm stores tomorrow for nerf blasters?

#288636 Rear-loading At2k

Posted by MindWarrior on 19 November 2010 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Impressive, how did you get the glue to be so flat?

#288331 Sellers, Beware Of This Nerf Ebay Scam!

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 November 2010 - 09:56 AM in General Nerf

look at Durka Durka's post above you.

#287215 Catch Concept Idea

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 October 2010 - 04:14 AM in General Nerf

Sorry to dissapoint, but.

#287069 Nerf Assassination 4: The Firm

Posted by MindWarrior on 17 October 2010 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

"Stampede, a hurried flight of frightened animals." And then you whip out a stampede. On a Car. Thats awesome.

#286937 Nerf Assassination 4: The Firm

Posted by MindWarrior on 14 October 2010 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I think thats the fun of it, I think they're trying the so-serious-that-its-funny routine and it works.

#286750 Snapbow Mk. V, Revised

Posted by MindWarrior on 10 October 2010 - 12:30 PM in Homemades

It should, I've been using that stuff as lubricants for a long time, and its very effective. And theres no harm in any of the washers its used on.

#286665 Snapbow Mk. V, Revised

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 October 2010 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

What brand of epoxy putty do you use?

#285963 Community Snap Thread

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 September 2010 - 01:28 AM in Homemades

Thats just more complicated then its worth. With this he just has to make some simple cuts along with some sanding to get a nice trigger.

#285669 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 01:01 PM in Homemades

Its just a matter of precaution, its your choice to follow it or not to avoid injury.

#285666 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

Theres the point where a nerf gun becomes too powerful to be safe to use in nerf wars, And using stock darts for a bow like this probably wouldm't be possible, since The power would cause the darts to spin.

#285661 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 11:51 AM in Homemades

To his defence however, some people(bob) have stressed that bow powered blasters can be dangerously powerful, and kane admitted that he can make his Aabow dangerously powerful with slugs. So his ranges still be possible. But looking at the picture, the PT (I think?) looks pretty small.

#284284 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by MindWarrior on 29 August 2010 - 06:46 PM in Homemades

Very nice! In terms of difficulty, is it harder to make than a plusbow? And whats the cost of materials?

#282988 Halo: Reach Pistol Nf

Posted by MindWarrior on 12 August 2010 - 10:34 PM in Homemades

Maybe you can make an alternative design for a plunger tube extension?

#282266 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 August 2010 - 10:41 PM in Darts and Barrels

Probably as well as a normal hopper with a nested brass barrel. The Chopper just makes the clip parallel to the blaster, but nothing in terms of performance should be changed dramatically. So it would probably work fine with a nested brass barrel.

#281774 Help On Solvent Welding On An At2k Turret

Posted by MindWarrior on 01 August 2010 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

I find Zorn's guide still a little confusing. So I just need to know what type of solvent is needed to weld the back cap of an at2k turret to the metal piece if the front piece. I need to do this because Î'm putting a lot more stress on the turret. So far, all I have is an ace brand pvc cement, and I'm pretty sure that's not what I need.

#281449 Homemade Airtanks?

Posted by MindWarrior on 28 July 2010 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

The new super soaker shot blasts water guns have a pretty good airtank, they have a built in spring piston with an air capacity comparable to an AT3K tank, but an air outlet similar to a AT2K though, It is very similar to an airtech series airtank in the fact that you pull a tiny metal rod to fire it.

#281255 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 26 July 2010 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

Excellent! So at least the breech seems less like a hassle now, But I'm still kind of worried about the motor, Hopefully, It can handle a BBB spring replacement to give it ranges from the 70s to 80s.

Maybe if you want to machine metal gears and slow the ROF down like hell because of how much power you've got with that extra spring. Not to mention replacing the motor so it doesn't burn out.

REPLACEMENT. Spring REPLACEMENT. I do know enough that adding the spring could burn out the motor, but I'm hoping that just a BBB spring would be sustainable.

#281221 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

Based on your time with the internals of it, would you say that it could be possible to fit the motorized internals into a long strike shell?

I would say no. The back of the longstrike has only enough room for a reverse plunger.

#281199 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 02:06 AM in General Nerf

Excellent! So at least the breech seems less like a hassle now, But I'm still kind of worried about the motor, Hopefully, It can handle a BBB spring replacement to give it ranges from the 70s to 80s.

#281189 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Breeches aside, can the motor be replaced with a stronger one? I'm not familiar with those types of electronics.

#281168 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

That's a good idea. Making a breech designed for smaller darts. That way, you can just remove half of the top piece of the clip so it doesn't mangle the open area of the breech.

#281164 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

@split: The Idea is not to completely remove the top, but thin out the sides a bit so it has minimal if at all any contact with the brass. I believe Louci3 did a similar thing for clips for his cpvc/brass Ls breech.

@Badger: I was mentioning that the clip clock could keep the clip in the correct position for the breech, as you do not want a lot of contact with the half open breech, I was suggesting that the sides of the "Grips" on the clips be thinned out a bit so it doesn't make contact. Leaving the Clip lock to hold the clip in place.

#281151 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

TO solve that, we could modify the top of the clips to not interfer with the sides of the breach. Then we can just use the clip lock to keep the clip in the correct alignment.

#281128 ...

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 08:36 AM in Modifications

Would aluminum sheeting of the side do the trick?

#279891 Angel Breech Question

Posted by MindWarrior on 10 July 2010 - 02:45 AM in Modifications

BULL, You can use stock streamlines, just takes a modification to the design like SGNerf Did HERE. I Do suggest going down a size for the brass though.

#279517 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 July 2010 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

A singled magstrike compleatly defeats the purpose of the magstrike, regardless of what ranges you're getting. You should at least put a hopper clip on it. But other than that, cool stuff.

He designed it to be clip fed, but due to lack of proper equipment he has outside of his school, he cannot build one.

#279506 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

The 1/2 CPVC endcap?

#279504 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 08:23 PM in Homemades

Bah, I'll probably shave some of the end cap down and use a combination of epoxy and sanding to get a flat surface.

#279499 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 06:38 PM in Homemades

Another kinda related question. Where do you get your flat CPVC endcaps, I've only seen rounded endcaps at my Home depot, and my LOwes doesn't even carry CPVC.

#279494 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 06:08 PM in Homemades

How many Primes or wars, do you think this new plunger head will last before the PVC ramp starts to be unusable?

#279428 Nerf Sues Buzz Bee And Lanard!

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

Even though its probably not the Lanard shotguns, I'm planning on stocking up, just in case.

#279427 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

Yeah, google translator can only do so much. I can't wait to see this finished though, you can probably get 5-8 more shots with the new efficient breech.

#279423 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

不够公平, But would you use a bike pump? You might get more efficiency from that.

#279412 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

很高兴看到Nerfhaven另一位华人! I still had to use google translator on that :P . That thing looks awesome. A couple questions though, How many Pumps does it take to fill the bladder? Are you planning on hooking upo a compressor to it?

#279385 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 06:41 PM in Homemades

Introducing Char's Red +bow, its 3 times faster and shoots 3 times farther than a normal +bow! Kidding aside, I love the Paintjob.

#279338 Superlative Plunger Head Problem

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 02:26 AM in Homemades

Heres an Idea. you can add two small metal rods( probably cut from nails) and add it to the epoxy ramp, this makes a nice little well within the plunger head on the epoxy ramp and since its metal, will not wear. Since the plunger rod is attached to a t-coupler and by the way you prime the blaster, it'll always face the two metal rods, just my two cents on the problem.