MAC's Content

There have been 109 items by MAC (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#296518 March Meltdown '11

Posted by MAC on 24 March 2011 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make this war. My guns/darts are not up to par with what I wanted. Will defiantly try to make the next one.

#294573 March Meltdown '11

Posted by MAC on 16 February 2011 - 01:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for any of the dates. (contingent upon successful completion of a hopper for my xbow/BBBB). I haven't nerfed in about 5-6 years but I got the itch. I thought i was retired for good but what did I know.

Also any dart restrictions? I used the fbr w/bb + hot glue. Word on the boards is people are using felt tipped darts only at some wars. I gotta learn to make those.

#292794 What Should I Name My Band?

Posted by MAC on 14 January 2011 - 10:03 AM in Off Topic

the shaft ticklers

#236970 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by MAC on 17 June 2009 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

all of them

#117650 Old Video

Posted by MAC on 30 July 2007 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

So I was looking through old videos and came across a nerf war I had in my basement back in the day. One clip I found was amazing so I had to post it. My friend shoots his little brother in the face with a maxshot from about 5 feet away.

#99313 Super Bowl Recap

Posted by MAC on 05 February 2007 - 08:32 AM in Off Topic

After the first quarter it was kind of a boring game. Not one of the better superbowls i've seen...

#81685 Airtech 4000

Posted by MAC on 11 May 2006 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

dont bother...its a bad gun anyway.

#79482 Buzz Bee New Guns!

Posted by MAC on 10 April 2006 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

Doesnt Lanard own buzz bee.....

#78254 Rejected!

Posted by MAC on 31 March 2006 - 06:58 PM in Off Topic

Congrats on JH!

I somehow got accepted to Cornell. Its gonna be real cold next year...

#77708 Eagle Eye Mod

Posted by MAC on 26 March 2006 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

I've used similar tubing and found that it fits tightly inside 1/2 pvc.

#77677 Eagle Eye Mod

Posted by MAC on 26 March 2006 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Still not possible. You must have angled it.

#71856 Uruk-hai Crossbow Mod

Posted by MAC on 29 January 2006 - 11:45 AM in Modifications

I think the gun has to much recoil, and its hard to aim.

#71538 Stefan Trouble

Posted by MAC on 23 January 2006 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

You have 2 options

1) buy a different brand of FBR and hope it fits

2) use brass barrels...cpvc is tighter than brass (17/32)

#70314 To All My Fellow Herpers (reptile Fanatics)

Posted by MAC on 02 January 2006 - 06:54 PM in Off Topic

I'm a big reptile fan and also amphibians, but at the moment I dont have any reptiles. I do have some tree frogs and such tho...

#68905 Pets!

Posted by MAC on 08 December 2005 - 05:37 PM in Off Topic

Here is my frog...

Posted Image

#67164 Happy Halloween

Posted by MAC on 05 November 2005 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Check this out

http://www.mastalk.c...E1E9E66.tomcat3

#64532 Cars

Posted by MAC on 28 September 2005 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

here is my car...

http://img.photobuck...33/100_2449.jpg

#62230 Gnomefest4

Posted by MAC on 19 August 2005 - 10:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I have soccer preseason so I can't make it. Some of our people don't seem as intrested to go to wars anymore, but I still want to, as does the mouth (Tom). He has been bugging me all summer to find out when the wars are, but each date has been bad for me.

#53506 Late May War

Posted by MAC on 25 April 2005 - 07:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Ahh my exams start at the end of May and go until June 3rd. So those weekends im going to be studying crazily. I am hopeing to attend a war soon especially since the warm weather has finally come.

By the way whats the deal with guns allowed. Are you still banning fast shooting micros?

#50018 Woohoo! 13 Beat A 4!

Posted by MAC on 19 March 2005 - 09:42 AM in Off Topic

I think i'm the only person who had bucknull winning...but thats because my bro goes there and I wanted to support him. It turned out good anyway.

#47730 Nj March War, Via The Viking

Posted by MAC on 21 February 2005 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Philly kids, or are we too scared to put down the brassed weapons?

More like you're to scared to face up to them... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, its going to be difficult to convince my parents to let me drive 2 hours on a weekend, since its not during my spring break. In the summer its much easier since being down the shore is closer to these parks.

#47421 Nj March War, Via The Viking

Posted by MAC on 17 February 2005 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, that means brassed 2k's and other super micro shooters are out of the question. Also, I list the Titan under my banned list for wars I run, Horseman rules or otherwise. The regulars are ok cause I know almost everyone is using PVC with Mega's. For the newer guys, general rule of thumb, if it's more powerful then Freds 1500, it's not going onto the field. Thats pretty much how I'll be judging it. Twins, leave that bitch cannon of your's at home and use an actual Nerf gun.

There goes 99% of the philly guys guns...........

#46919 Superbowl Pick

Posted by MAC on 05 February 2005 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45445 Maverick Internals

Posted by MAC on 04 January 2005 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

How is the volocity? Does it shoot with power?

#45355 My First Homade

Posted by MAC on 02 January 2005 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

If you make a pump in that way, you'll need to use two check valves. One check valve prevents air from going back out into the open air and the second keeps it pumped into your pressure chamber. I'm surprised a design like that pumps air at all. I'd suggest buying real check valves

I'd also slap a real barrel on this gun (cut off between the two check valves and add a coupler). You'll need a pretty long barrel to work correctly on a ball valve. That might mean you should make your air chamber bigger. If you intend on keeping the ball valve trigger, I'd try some way to grease it or otherwise make it open faster.

Good for a first homemade I suppose.

I am using a "real check valve"
Its a fishtank one that fits perfectly inside of 1/2 pvc and makes an airtight seal. I don't need two.
I do have a barrel but i just removed it. It fits inside of the valve because the end of the valve acts as a coupler.

#45222 My First Homade

Posted by MAC on 31 December 2004 - 01:39 PM in Homemades

What do you think of my first homade?
I tried the two valve system, but it suked so i just use one of the valves now.
I put a checkvalve in the pvc and use a sm1500 pump. It takes about 40 pumps to make it shoot real far. Should i make the air tank smaller so that it has more pressure?

http://img.photobuck...33/2fc3d4bc.jpg

#44820 Reckoning 2004

Posted by MAC on 24 December 2004 - 10:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure the Philly crew is not coming this war.

The philly guys can't make it ^_^ Our break ends jan 3, and school exams are right after break, so my parents won't be letting me go to this war. I did talk to many of the philly guys, and they all were intrested in the war, especially the "Mouth", but we probably wont be able to attend any wars until spring.
THanx tho

#43207 Titan/2k

Posted by MAC on 02 December 2004 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Hey I have been working on the same concept for the past 3 months. I had the same problem with you so heres what i did. I took the orange piece out of the hornet that pressses up against the titen to let air in. I put sum vinal tubbing into it and atached it to a 2k tank, so when i want to fill up the tank i press the airtank back to make a seal and it will fill when i pump the titen. To keep the air in the tank i cut the vinal tubbing in half and inbetween it i put a fishtank check valve which will not let the air out of the tank. Hope this is not to confuesing

#42290 New Lanard Gun

Posted by MAC on 23 November 2004 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

At kmart today i found what i think to be a new gun because i cant seem to find any topics on it.

Its a large pump gun called the "Big Salvo" which shoots 4 arrows eather 1 at a time or all at once. It claims to shoot 45 feet on 10 pumps, which is true because i tried it. I havnt opened it up yet, but it seems to be modable. Ill try to get pics soon. If this gun is already known about you can close this topic.

#42149 Prank Ideas

Posted by MAC on 21 November 2004 - 01:46 PM in Off Topic

Put a for sale sign on the back of his car, then write his phone number and a cheap price like 1,000 dollars. Then people will call him asking to buy his car and he will have no clue whats going on.

#41701 Turkey Day Weekend War

Posted by MAC on 15 November 2004 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

90% chance the philly guys can't make this war. I really want to but ive got a crap load of work to do over the break, my bros comming home from collage, and my parents told me im not allowed to go to any nerf gun wars durring the break. So count the philly guys out unless I update with better news. :angry:

#39511 Turkey Day Weekend War

Posted by MAC on 21 October 2004 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill check with all the philly guys. Im not sure about this war because my bro is comming home from collage, and my family might be going on vacation somewhere.

#39283 Nerf Tourny Nj Come All 13+

Posted by MAC on 19 October 2004 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey I have the perfect solution...

We can just say the philly guys are the best and leave it at that :rolleyes:

#35223 Maxshot Difficulties

Posted by MAC on 25 August 2004 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Ahh the exact same thing happened to mine. Open it up, and you will see a small white piece that holds the plunger when it is pulled back, and when the gun is shot the trigger pushed this white piece down. This piece has a little spring that pushed it up allowing it to hold onto the plunger as it is pulled back. The spring on it probably broke. It happened to me so what i did was take a normal spring and put it under the white piece to hold it up.

(this might be confuesing because it is hard to explain)

#35135 Possible Thanksgiving War?

Posted by MAC on 25 August 2004 - 09:24 AM in Nerf Wars

I have to check with the philly guys, and make sure everyone is available. I just checked my school off dates, and i have no school then, but my brother is comming home from collage, so my mom might make me stay home and see him.

OMC: I ask the guy about the bullets/guns

#34895 Gnomefest 2004 (gfiii)

Posted by MAC on 22 August 2004 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Overall the philly guys had a great time.
We got smoked the first round when we were teamed up on, but its all good cause we should have been more smart anyway, and not have gotten caught in between both other teams.

The pistol wars were really phat.

Dave was kinda bumbed that he couldnt use his titen, because he just made it. And talio, by the way the barrels are not pteg, they are airline tubing inside of pvc.

We don't mindthe nicknames, and by the way, we are still calling Tom, The Mouth. (he dosnt mind)

One last comment: Our ammo sucks, but I can't yell at anyone cause im the one who made it :P
I think our foam is to thick, because i have to twist it to get it into my barrels, and they get all squished, and when i fire it they explode when they come out of the barrel.
Gotta go to Home Depot, and find the type of FBR that Hersh and Talio use. I think its like frost king or something.

And thanks to the lglf for hosting the war.
To bad warlock couldnt make it, sorry i forgot the brass.

#34549 Scout Mod!

Posted by MAC on 19 August 2004 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

The spring from the lanard first shot is a perfect replacement spring for the scout.

#34287 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by MAC on 18 August 2004 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I wouldn't think so. The more the merrier. Bring brass too cause I might wanna buy. :angry:

Are you searous about buying brass? If you are, tell me and i could probably bring some, but its kinda expensive, being like $2 a foot.

#34206 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by MAC on 17 August 2004 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Would me bringing 9 people (including me) be to many?

#33152 Forgive My Noobness

Posted by MAC on 04 August 2004 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

Sad to say, I do not think the scout is gonna be good. I opened mine up to find a small spring, with a small plunger. The barrel is not replacable because its part of the plunger. The air restricters are extreamly hard to take out. I finally took mine out and got about 30 feet at max. It is not rubberbandable. I then replaced the spring with a first shot spring. It increased the distance to maby 40. Overall, the gun is not nearly as good as the nitefinder.