Arcanis's Content

There have been 224 items by Arcanis (Search limited from 03-December 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98466 Other Way To Disable Overpressure Release?

Posted by Arcanis on 18 January 2007 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

So I was wondering if anyone remembers the other way to disable the overpressure release valve in pump guns, since I'm out of hot glue right now. I think someone (knowledgeable) once said that hammering a small screwdriver in the hole will break it and have the same effect as plugging it. I searched but couldn't get anything...

#95964 Dual Handled Longshot

Posted by Arcanis on 05 December 2006 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

Really not much to say here; It was a simple case mod that I put together with glue and cable ties. The sidearm uses the stock barrel and the air restrictors are removed; the main gun is CPVC modded. I had to cut off a bit of the front handle to accomodate the magazine but other than that the whole thing was relatively easy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Questions? Comments?

#95917 Online Fps's And Tps's

Posted by Arcanis on 04 December 2006 - 09:41 PM in Off Topic

Battlefield 2142 nick: NinjaStrike
Add me! I'm probably getting COD2 for christmas by the way.

#87233 New Pneumatic Gun

Posted by Arcanis on 12 August 2006 - 04:04 PM in Homemades

ok the gun is done. everything is glued but i cant get the piston working :@ does anyone knowss why?
this sucks.

We need a bit more detail before we could help you out. Is the piston responding at all when you open the blowgun? How much pressure are you running it at?

#74700 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by Arcanis on 28 February 2006 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

I'd take the BA3B (Bolt action 3b, yes I know the acronym is terrible) with a front-grip 2k. The BA3B is about 50% done as of now. Expect a write-up on the entire process late march.

#74197 Vidio Games

Posted by Arcanis on 24 February 2006 - 09:40 PM in Off Topic

I fricking despise EA.

#74156 Bbb Mod

Posted by Arcanis on 24 February 2006 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

Nothing special.
http://www.tinhnerf....de=article&k=49

#73497 Mmm...artillery

Posted by Arcanis on 18 February 2006 - 07:38 PM in Homemades

A supah is a piston diaphragm.
Flash explanations

#73391 Modifiying This Genaric Shotgun

Posted by Arcanis on 17 February 2006 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Alexthebeast modified it, but he said the range was only about 50' with bad velocity.

#72783 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Arcanis on 10 February 2006 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Holy fck.

Plus here's the official notice if you don't believe it.
Here

#71346 N-strike Unity

Posted by Arcanis on 20 January 2006 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE AS-6 EACH SHOT, OR WASTE ALL 6 AT THE SAME FREAKIN TIME.

I don't know what you're talking about- once the Hornet is pumped sufficiently, each trigger pull fires from one of the barrels.

#71345 Help With A Nerf Ball Cannon

Posted by Arcanis on 20 January 2006 - 08:05 PM in Homemades

You're using VEX, right? I have the set. The Gyrostrike idea is feasible, and if you were to do that I'd reccomend you get the tank tread kit's "guide wheels" for the ball. Then again, the basic airtank+tube works just as well, if not better. To be truthful, I wouldn't reccomend you use the gyrostrike idea because the motors don't exactly fly.Therefore, you have several options-

1. Use a motor to activate the launching assembly.
2. Try to activate the launching assembly electrically.

#70668 Tinh Is Released

Posted by Arcanis on 08 January 2006 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

TINH is finished, YES YOU HEARD ME FINISHED! We've removed the password protection on the website, and TINH is now ready for all to see. Kind of funny how we started on December 2, 2004 and release it now. :D Go on in, register a username in the forums, look at how the article database works. Start a new topic. Vote in the poll. Remember- the entire IDEA of TINH is that, to be honest, it really isn't hard at all to simply take pictures of your mod/homemade progress (however we hope what's submitted will be better than that!) ;)

www.tinhnerf.com

-Blue, BMZ, and everyone who has donated anything at all to TINH.

#69948 I'm New.

Posted by Arcanis on 27 December 2005 - 11:24 AM in General Nerf

LBB is the way to go; quite possibly the easiest modified primary there is. Cut the original barrel to 1", glue a CPVC coupler to it, and then tape over the glue connection. Use a 9" barrel for 70'.

#69117 My Ss2 Is Smoking

Posted by Arcanis on 12 December 2005 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

When water is compressed highly enough (such as your SS2) it becomes vapor. The "smoke" you see is simply water vapor, nothing to be worried about, just a cool effect. :blink:

#68665 Good Valves

Posted by Arcanis on 01 December 2005 - 05:56 PM in Homemades

After using them in many potato cannons, and then launching darts from a few of the smaller-bore ones, it is now very obvious that sprinkler valves, while pneumatically modded and whatnot are for potato cannons, and ball valves / the like are for Nerf. I'm a member of spudtech.com (under the same username) and testing some of the valve types Clide posted I can tell that even minature versions of these types are too ahead of the curve for a homemade Nerf blaster. While I do agree that having a general knowledge of the principles and techniques used in these is a "good thing," I do not think that the power levels they work best with are those of Nerf's. Once again, it's good to know them but the usage here is best moved to Spudtech.com.

That doesn't mean that shooting vegetables several miles with a piston valve and a pneumatically actuated solenoid + 3" PVC airtank isn't fun.

#63934 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Arcanis on 19 September 2005 - 04:41 PM in Off Topic

Jade Forest Praying Mantis Kung Fu.

#63479 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Air Pressure Nerf

Posted by Arcanis on 11 September 2005 - 02:50 PM in Homemades

At only 15 PSI, I must say that's amazing.

#60669 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Arcanis on 30 July 2005 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Orange, cripes man, I'd say that'd go for 2.7k at least...

#59339 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Arcanis on 14 July 2005 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

That's... great. Wow.

#58514 Tinh

Posted by Arcanis on 30 June 2005 - 09:34 PM in Off Topic

Okay guys, if you haven't heard, TINH is coming out soon. TINH is a website administrated by BMZ, THIRST, and myself and with The Noid/Starbuck as a global moderator. What we believe makes TINH so great is the fact that it greatly encourages submission of content.

Here's the deal; if you've got a modification, piece of h2h, homemade, or horrendously good article and you want to get it on TINH before it's released, then this is the time to do so. Not only will your mod/homemade/h2h/article get on the site, you'll also get a custom title of "Contributor" along with stars for each thing you submit and the link to TINH.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN WRITE UP A CRAPPY ARTICLE IN A SECOND, OR A 5 SENTENCE MOD, OR JUST A PAINT DIAGRAM OF SOMETHING.

Everything that's submitted get's reviewed by me or BMZ. IM, PM or email us your contribution and we'll review it. It must include multiple pictures and be fairly comprehensive.

We'll also be choosing more moderators at this time. :D

-Blue_AN (known on TINH as The_Blue)

#58315 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Arcanis on 27 June 2005 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I dunno; it just started hurting really badly a few months ago and it never went away. I went in for a muscular X-ray and apparently a tendon? was "misaligned on the bone" or some nonsense like that. I just had the operation today. Gas is fun. :P

#58292 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Arcanis on 26 June 2005 - 08:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Waaaaaah! Noooooooooo. My leg is throbbing right now. :P

#58215 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Arcanis on 25 June 2005 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

SHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

I can't go to the war. :angry: I had minor surgery scheduled for either this week or the next. It's illegal (or something) to not give a patient notice about an operation any less than 1 week in advance. One week ago, when my mother told me about the surgery being scheduled, I misunderstood and figured that she was just giving me 2 weeks warning. I'm sorry... I want to come! <_<

#57837 Thinner Stefans

Posted by Arcanis on 20 June 2005 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Have you tried stretching them? That usually makes them contort to a smaller shape.

#57778 Herf To Bb

Posted by Arcanis on 19 June 2005 - 07:26 PM in Homemades

Read the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service man.

As for an FRA, I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean the FAR? You're getting ahead of yourself on that one. It'd take months to build with skilled labor. As for the plunger power, it has it.

#57691 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Arcanis on 17 June 2005 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bring 2 or so Nite Finders, Eyewear, an ammo belt and some tools. I don't get what's with all the long lists. :P

I haven't made many stefans in my time. I only have about 50. Tops. I can bring those and make some more too...

Arlington is a great location for me. I might also be able to convince my neighboor to come and take his PC.

What kind of darts do you guys use?

#57690 Stefan Help

Posted by Arcanis on 17 June 2005 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

Okay, here's a bad explanation.

-Take two rubber bands.
-Mark one with a red pen and the other with a black.
-Stick the red through the center of the black.
-Now, hold both ends of the red rubber band and fold it over the black.
-In your mind, make one end of the red band "number 1" and the other end "number 2".
-Still keeping the red folded over the black, insert red1 into red2's loop.
-Pull on black and red1.

Hopefully, you should have two joined rubber bands with a funny looking knot at the joint. I'd actually reccomend that you don't use rubber bands. :P Bungee cords don't require any joining and are stronger and "prettier".

#57689 What The Hell?

Posted by Arcanis on 17 June 2005 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

Evil, jeez. Come on man. I was concerned becuase this seemed like something really screwy was going on and after BlizzHackers came we've all been a bit jittery. Just telling me to stop scanning the forums is silly. I do it only once per 1.5 days. Sorry for kind of spamming, I just jumped out of my skin there.

#57645 What The Hell?

Posted by Arcanis on 16 June 2005 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

phpbb Fetch All error: database query failed

SQL: SELECT f.*, p.*, pt.*, t.*, u.* FROM phpbb_topics AS t, phpbb_users AS u, phpbb_posts_text AS pt, phpbb_posts AS p, phpbb_forums AS f WHERE t.forum_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,13,14,17,16,18,19) AND t.topic_last_post_id = pt.post_id AND t.topic_last_post_id = p.post_id AND p.post_time <= 1118954773 AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 0,15

at /home/virtual/site125/fst/var/www/html/phpBB/mods/phpbb_fetch_all/common.php:345

That's the homepage.

Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 154
File : functions.php

Those are all the forums... The index seems to be fine.

#55555 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Arcanis on 24 May 2005 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news, guys. I'm not sure if I can make it. It's a 50-50% right now.

#54970 Megazooka

Posted by Arcanis on 15 May 2005 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

Humungo 6"-1/2" bell reducer.

#54917 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Arcanis on 15 May 2005 - 11:24 AM in General Nerf

Looks god achen. I'd add a barrel modification though. Very simple mod.

#54850 The Next Generation Xbox Name

Posted by Arcanis on 14 May 2005 - 11:00 AM in Off Topic

The controllers are all wireless. I saw the MTV release.

#54849 Gun Combonations

Posted by Arcanis on 14 May 2005 - 10:52 AM in General Nerf

I find that a constant flow of darts combined with an occasional powerful shot is a certain way to win. Try your switch shots ultra with the Tek 10.

#54826 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Arcanis on 13 May 2005 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I live on a dead end street; my house is 300 feet away from Wompatuck State Park. Yet, now that I think about it, it's not exactly the best place to go; the only cleared areas are pathways and the rest is just foilage. There's also a playground, but that's a public one right behind Town Hall. Oops. :huh: As for the date, you're going to have to give me a second here. The people I know can come don't really have adequate things to nerf with. I'd need to go over to some store and pick up a few more guns for the crew. Also my stefan count is a bit low. So basically, I don't have any place that's entirely suitable. :D

EDIT: Participation list.

Team_Slaya+1
Userjjb+3...?
SSGTsiler+?
Euphemism+?
Yazz+1
Arcanis+3
NerforBust+?
Confirmed possible total so far:
I don't know how many people are in the FDG; 11 only counts SSGTsiler himself.
Please tell me how many people each of you can bring.

#54738 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Arcanis on 12 May 2005 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy crud. Awesome. I'm in a town South of Boston.

Total Est. Time: 33 minutes Total Est. Distance: 22.00 miles

I've got some great locations around my area we could use for a war. I can also get maybe 3-4 of my friends interested.

#54736 Airtech2000mod

Posted by Arcanis on 12 May 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

Ehhhh? If it's coming out of the pump "tube" then that's a broken check valve at the back of the pump. Uncureable. If it's the handle/shaft itself, then yes that's an overpressure release valve acting up. Take out the handle/shaft, look in the back, and clog the small hole with hot glue.

#54565 Mav Mod

Posted by Arcanis on 10 May 2005 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Was your Maverick completely stock?

#54561 Help With My Rototrake

Posted by Arcanis on 10 May 2005 - 07:42 PM in Off Topic

You're possibly pushing some piece in place when you do that. Please try to improve the spelling.