flamincows's Content

There have been 140 items by flamincows (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#318264 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by flamincows on 10 July 2012 - 08:25 AM in Nerf Wars

That's what we'll call our next war. Clash of Steel: "nice butt pimple".

That was a really awesome war guys. I had a great time and did pretty well with that old ass +bow despite getting dehydrated and blacking out all over the place the night before.

Now i expect you pissants to keep nerfing regularly even though I'll be back in the dirty south.
Also huge thank you to Dom for making darts instead of sleeping.

#316084 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by flamincows on 24 May 2012 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

I've used Guerrilla brand super glue for that exact application more than once and it has worked just fine. I recommend applying it in layers.

#312342 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by flamincows on 03 March 2012 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm extremely unhappy with the fact that I'm a thousand miles away and will probably be covered in chicken blood while you fuckers laugh and chase each other.

#309896 Modified Supermaxx 5000

Posted by flamincows on 21 January 2012 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Spanker, Look up FlaminCows. He's a Sex Dwarf, and has the balls to compete against a plugged 5k, and recently moved to New Orleans. I know he doesn't have a lot of time to nerf right now, but I know he really is itching to play. All you have to do is play responsibly.

On topic, good start. Definitely try and take this further. They're good blasters if they fit your style.

Unfortunately Shreveport is in the other corner of the state. Although I'd make the trip for a decent war. Might even be able to round up a few guests.

And in the interest of staying on topic, Nerf guns are more fun modified. I've destroyed my fair share of valuable blasters, but this blaster hasn't been harmed in the slightest. I think the OP just wanted to break into the community with a write up and show off his excellent condition 5k at the same time.

But seriously dude, unplug the pump. I have no qualms getting shot by a 150' shooter, but some kid could pick that thing up at a war when you aren't looking and pop the tank or break the trigger. And frankly they hit great ranges without a plugged pump.

#307861 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by flamincows on 27 November 2011 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

If i was home Gabe and I would mod you the craziest nerf gun ever since all your shit got jacked. I still can't believe that happened.

#307797 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by flamincows on 26 November 2011 - 02:29 AM in Nerf Wars

So you're finally filling the camelback up with beer I take it?

#307780 Pittsburgh War

Posted by flamincows on 25 November 2011 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I mean nerfing at our age is almost as hipstery as a fixed gear bicycle.
I probably won't be able to make it to a Christmas war either unfortunately. Holidays don't mean much when you're a cook.

#307461 Pittsburgh War

Posted by flamincows on 17 November 2011 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I just heard you saying "non-stop erotic cabaret" in my head and laughed so hard it startled the cat.

#307198 Pittsburgh War

Posted by flamincows on 10 November 2011 - 02:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I vote before and round hill. I feel like my opinion should count even though I can't make it.

#306825 Pittsburgh War

Posted by flamincows on 02 November 2011 - 11:45 AM in Nerf Wars

It's unlikely. The holidays are a very busy time for the hotel business and I will probably have my balls in a vice in the kitchen on Christmas this year. I have no idea when I'll make it back.

#306781 Pittsburgh War

Posted by flamincows on 01 November 2011 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah I'm still gonna be in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. I wanna see pictures and shit though. Make JM bring his camera. And I think you guys should bring back that pot luck war. That was fun.

#300615 Im back bitches.

Posted by flamincows on 27 June 2011 - 04:39 PM in Off Topic

Are you considering coming out to a Pittsburgh war this season? I'd love to see whatever you've cooked up recently.

#300614 POW! June

Posted by flamincows on 27 June 2011 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

So uh, I'm gonna make a couple darts next time or something. I still had a great time though. Fixing two blasters at the war was pretty legit. I just tried to pack way too many exhausting activities into one weekend.

#300383 POW! June

Posted by flamincows on 22 June 2011 - 07:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Totally down. This looks fuckin legit.

#300308 POW! June

Posted by flamincows on 21 June 2011 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

This may end up being almost impossible for me to make. I'm chaperoning a trip to Sandcastle/Kennywood on Saturday, and my financial situation is becoming dire. Nerfmonkey, you can Gabe might have to come up this weekend and force me to go to the war.

#299649 POW! June

Posted by flamincows on 10 June 2011 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Can we move it to the twenty fifth? That would work a lot better for me. But yeah I'll be there I would imagine hopefully with Frances. Gabe and nerfmonkey: Do you guys wanna come over on Thursday or Friday and hang for a minute and we can all drive to the war together?

#299054 and then the soothsayer returned...

Posted by flamincows on 31 May 2011 - 11:22 AM in Off Topic

Hope you can make it to Clash of Steel this year too. I'm sure we can find you a place to crash if you need.

#298240 MAYhem

Posted by flamincows on 17 May 2011 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Very fun war even if we were pretty lazy all day. I wish I had a blaster that worked other than my crossbow, but it served me very well all day. I'm just now figuring out how to use all the different barrels.

I think Mastodon was confused and a little afraid all day, but who wouldn't be considering the way we do things.

#297959 MAYhem

Posted by flamincows on 10 May 2011 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Nerfmonkey, you pick up gabe and drive him to my house and we'll carpool like the good old days. I'm back in western PA for a while.
As long as there aren't any huge hills and we have some cover I'm down for a new park.

#297880 Apocalypse 2011

Posted by flamincows on 05 May 2011 - 12:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually, Dom I graduate on the 6th so that would be a no go for me, but any other date is perfectly acceptable although the 13th would be the best for me personally.

#297870 MAYhem

Posted by flamincows on 04 May 2011 - 10:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Shouldn't have a problem making this one.

#297785 Octo-Shot

Posted by flamincows on 02 May 2011 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Polyester is pretty fragile as well. I dropped my speedloader onto concrete at the last war I made it to and the tip cracked. It's still functional, but I was pretty disappointed.

Overall though, this is a spectacular mod. I love when someone does something innovative to an actual toy blaster these days. It hasn't been happening often enough. And the video was great. He clearly put considerable effort into putting all of those shots together and streamlining the whole thing without sacrificing clarity.

#294925 March To Glory

Posted by flamincows on 22 February 2011 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Gabe, if nerfmonkey can't give you a ride than me or Frances can probably come grab you. You might have to sleep at the crib for a few days, but that never seemed to bother you before.

#294200 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by flamincows on 08 February 2011 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Could someone in the community please start selling washers and felt pads (split)? I don't like slug darts, but I'm not nearly petty enough for that to keep me from going to war. I can play a closer game if I have to, but I simply do not want to possess any form of plastic money. It's mostly a way of budgeting myself and keeping track of my finances.

#294135 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by flamincows on 07 February 2011 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

^^ Yep. Also I've seen some pretty poorly made slug darts out there that stand more of a chance of hurting people than a shittily made dome dart. They really don't hurt that bad.

#294132 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by flamincows on 07 February 2011 - 11:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not opposed to the darts exactly. I don't loose a ton of range with them, I just don't want to buy the shit to make them. I don't have any form of plastic money and it makes it difficult to get the supplies. Also, I don't like making them and they don't fit in my speedloader very well. I've been using the same kind of darts for two years and so far no one has gotten anything worse than a welt.

#293505 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by flamincows on 28 January 2011 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I know, I was just justifying my own use of dome darts. I swear to god I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. :)

On topic (ish): Gabe and I are going to try our damndest not to get too drunk to wake up early enough to make it there on time this time and actually get a little sleep the night before. Can't wait to see you guys again.

So what's the rundown on this Shady Maple property? I've got pretty high standards for buffet food.

#293491 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by flamincows on 28 January 2011 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I promise this will be my last post on the matter, but I have to point out that my primary has a long range barrel, a medium range barrel, and a short range barrel. I don't shoot people in the face with the long range barrel it from 15 feet away. Except for Jwasko, but he's man enough to take it.

Also I saw Gabe yesterday and we are definitely planning on attending.

#293437 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by flamincows on 27 January 2011 - 11:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll probably be using double bb stefans, not slingshot weights. For what it's worth. I don't really know which is heavier, but the double bbs seem to sting less and don't fly quite as far. It's just what I have lying around. But there's no telling what Gabe will put in his darts.

#293283 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by flamincows on 24 January 2011 - 07:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd say there's a decent chance that Gabe and I can make it. No promises that we'll have slugs though. Dom has all the clan's slug materials and I'm not gonna put in an order for any more. But if a twelve year old kid could take hits from slingshot darts shot from my 1500 with a 3k tank in it all day at Redshot's last war then I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it. Seriously, why is everyone using really high preforming blasters with under preforming darts?

#292598 Long Range Primary?

Posted by flamincows on 11 January 2011 - 01:29 AM in General Nerf

Hoppers however (in my experience) are lacking in accuracy, and tend to shoot upward for some reason. Not to mention they can be a bit unwieldy depending on the length of the clip and how tightly the PVC sits in your coupler. I've seen people shoot the clip right off their blaster more than a few times.
This is much easier to remedy with an RSCB as you can tape the damn thing to the blaster and it won't go anywhere.
I'd still rather stick to speed loaders. There's a lot to be said for knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that your blaster is definitely going to fire when you pull the trigger.

And Just so I'm staying on topic here: If you want a primary that is a springer, isn't a homemade, and fires 100'+, I'd suggest a pump action shotgun. They can hit 100' with a stock spring under ideal conditions, although it may be out of your price range ($30 give or take).

#291204 Left Handed People Priming A Longshot

Posted by flamincows on 20 December 2010 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

I seem to recall that being an issue with my first longshot, but I never actually used it in a war and it was some time ago. I would try converting it to pump action or relocating the bolt like in this mod. Obviously you'd have to adapt it to your particular breech.

I feel like there's a better example somewhere, but I don't want to dig for it.

#289350 Pow! November

Posted by flamincows on 29 November 2010 - 07:07 AM in Nerf Wars

I went to a parade and saw fireworks and drank beer. Best war we've had in months.

#288839 Pow! November

Posted by flamincows on 24 November 2010 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Not looking good guys. Saturday I will have just gotten back to grove city from Kentucky and I'd have to go to punxsy for my blasters and then go to the war. So. Probably not this time :blink:

#287842 Talio's War

Posted by flamincows on 03 November 2010 - 06:35 AM in Nerf Wars

If it's no hoppers then I'll try much harder to make it. Can we please use slingshot darts too? You know, the way real men nerf.

#287824 Talio's War

Posted by flamincows on 02 November 2010 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Really any weekend is just as hard as any other for me, but if enough of us can carpool then we'll be there.

#287730 Pow! Halloween

Posted by flamincows on 31 October 2010 - 06:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be leaving as soon as Frances is finished curling her hair. Shouldn't be too late.

#287580 Talio's War

Posted by flamincows on 27 October 2010 - 10:35 AM in Nerf Wars

The twentieth would work pretty well for me as well.

#287259 Talio's War

Posted by flamincows on 20 October 2010 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

We could probably make a trip out of it. I'll see who's interested. It all depends on the date really.

#286986 Pa Nerf War Again!

Posted by flamincows on 15 October 2010 - 10:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the double post, but I would like to officially confirm mine and Gabe's attendance plus three. Just like last time, Gabe and I will be selling blasters at bargain prices. Unlike last time I doubt we'll have any extra darts, and we will try to show up on time.