Vassili's Content

There have been 146 items by Vassili (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49350 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by Vassili on 11 March 2005 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

I wasn't going to join because music wasn't one of my favorite things to think about after getting my iPod stolen, but I got it back so I'm in.

#47742 Springs

Posted by Vassili on 21 February 2005 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Yeah, a C-882 Century spring cut in half is the perfect fit for an EaB. You should be able to find one at your local hardware store, even Lech could find one in Australia.

I highly reccomend bolt cutters or aviation snips. The first time I cut a spring, the only thing I could find was a jigsaw. It wasn't pretty, but an hour later I finally had two pieces.

#47591 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Vassili on 20 February 2005 - 12:07 AM in Off Topic

I can't put vinyl on my IPod.

You can't put shit on your iPod because you don't have one.

#37030 Eab Breech Mod

Posted by Vassili on 12 September 2004 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I did cut a breach like that, but it was just a simple "Unknown" breach with no clip, so you win.

#36822 Eab Breech Mod

Posted by Vassili on 09 September 2004 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Nice, I really like how you cut into the EaB shell like that to make your breach. :o

#36524 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Vassili on 06 September 2004 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

Ew. Mine was a bunch of half-naked bodybuilder guys. Search at your own risk.

#34292 People Taken To Jail And Guns Confiscated For Nerf

Posted by Vassili on 18 August 2004 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, dudes, the guy wasn't trying to be a retard, but it just so happened that he posted something that's already been mentioned a ton before. It's not like Cx is just gonna come and ban him. Also, you guys get way too excited when you're waiting for C to ban people. Yeah it's funny, but it's like you guys get boners over it.

#34234 Troll Wallpapers

Posted by Vassili on 17 August 2004 - 10:34 PM in News

There haven't been any major recent troll problems in the last week and a half, it's just kind of Groove's response to all the useless emo trolls everywhere, am I right?

#34231 Hornet Mod!

Posted by Vassili on 17 August 2004 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Parents won't let me buy online, or I'd have tons of PETG by now.

Yeah, that was me too. The cool thing is that PETG kinda came to me, so that wasn't ever a problem.

#34200 Hornet Mod!

Posted by Vassili on 17 August 2004 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Very nice, but you might want to rethink having 36 inches of brass on the front of your gun. I always didn't like Blastfires because they were so front heavy. Get some Petg if you can.

#33655 Petg On Spring Guns?

Posted by Vassili on 10 August 2004 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

Unless you have relatively wide darts, then PETG wouldn't have enough friction to get very good ranges. You can try doing this to your barrel, but I would still reccomend telescoped brass.

#33301 Razor Fin?

Posted by Vassili on 06 August 2004 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

...and the barrels are epoxied into the case.

No, they're not.

For some odd reason I actually tried to be helpful to this kid at NHQ:

"The Razor Fin has a tiny plunger tube, and the mechanism that switches the barrels greatly restricts the airflow. I doubt you can get more than 30-40 feet if you leave the barrel switching mech on, so I'd suggest ripping it off and single barreling it.

The problem with single barreling it though is that you'd have to connect the barrel to the plunger tube with some kind of tubing because otherwise the barrel will stick out of the top of the gun. Of course, by changing the airflow you will lose some pressure, which is already pretty abysmal. You'll also need to either replace the spring or add rubber bands because the stock spring is extremely weak.

Once that is all said and done, you'll have to deal with firing the gun with the weird trigger mechanism, and cocking it from the bottom of the handle, which is also quite inconvenient. All that work for a gun that can maybe get 45 feet on a good dart? Not worth it.

What I ended up doing with my Razor Fin was hacking off all of the gun except the handle, which held the plunger tube, and taping/glueing a crayola barrel directly onto the plunger tube. I had planned on integrating or somehow adding this little gun to one of my primary guns to act as a last-resort backup shot, but never got around to it.

In short, give up on your Razor Fin and dish out the 7 bucks needed for a NiteFinder." -Me at NHQ

I hope that answers your question if you should buy 'em or not.

#33165 New Homemade Barrel Assembly

Posted by Vassili on 04 August 2004 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

Genious.

#33138 Modded Titan!

Posted by Vassili on 04 August 2004 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Is it just me or does the airtank look big enough to power a few separate shots much like a pistol-modded PC? If you modified the valve to let out less air then you could probably squeeze off all 3 shots in your little turret-thingy without repumping.

#32471 Drawing On Swift5d

Posted by Vassili on 27 July 2004 - 09:03 PM in Homemades

ShortShit, I think in order to fire all 5 he takes off the end of the barrel.

#30688 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2004 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

We also tried burning grooves in the darts, but they didn't really perform any better than normal stefans. They just weren't worth the time needed to burn the grooves. Also, as Ray said, they could not stand the Nerfing environment as well as normal stefans.

#30687 Nightfinder P-38

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2004 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

Looks nice, but I don't see how it resembles the P-38.

#30605 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2004 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

I tried it with PETG. It didn't really work that well, the darts had very abnormal flight patterns and the reason one of the shots went 135 feet was because the dart decided to spin upwards. I never did find a very good way to keep the PETG very straight, so someone could probably make a better rifled barrel and get better results, but I doubt it will help at all.

Why do I not think it will work? With a rifled barrel, air can seap around the dart through the rifled grooves in the barrel, losing air pressure behing the dart. The benefit of the dart spinning just won't be able to make up for the lost air pressure.

The reason that rifled barrels work with firearms is because the bullet slightly expands from the heat and fills up the grooves. If someone was to make well-made darts with fins and made the fins spin in the grooves of the rifled barrel, you might get some good results. But, of course, making darts with fins is no easy task, and the added range will not be worth the extra hours put into making darts.

::edit:: And goddamnit okto, get a different avatar. That goes for you guys, too, NinjZ, crankymonky, and Katachi.

#30394 Air Xxl Skeet Shoot

Posted by Vassili on 05 July 2004 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

Looks like quite a good gun, but is it worth 50 bucks? Not with my money.

I definitely say take it back. If you were to mod it and widen the plunger tube, you would have to move/modify/remove the rotating mechanism, which is kind of the whole reason why that gun would be so good.

Nice job on taking those pics, though.

#30317 My New Homemade

Posted by Vassili on 04 July 2004 - 05:20 PM in Homemades

I love your breach design.

The only thing I would change is I would move the pump a lot closer to the barrel, and maybe add a stock. Otherwise, nice design.

#29975 Fireworks

Posted by Vassili on 30 June 2004 - 02:34 PM in Off Topic

For fourth of July, I'll end up in Palm Springs with a bucket of KFC Popcorn Chicken and a Mountain Dew.

The simple things in life. :P

I was just in La Quinta (in the greater Palm Springs area) last week playing golf, and it was friggin' 120 degrees. My friends pool was 90 and it felt cold.

Anywho, on the 3rd I'm going to be forced to watch a parade of a bunch of golf carts decorated by 70+ year olds at my grandparents house. I hope I don't have too much fun. The 4th will be filled with partying and fireworks, however.

#27563 Making A Super Soaker Shoot Darts?

Posted by Vassili on 02 June 2004 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

If it takes 1-1/2 minutes to pump, you should definitely hack off your check valve and reduce the size of your airtank. With the check valve removed, you'll be able to achieve higher pressure in your airtank, so you should actually get increased range even with a much smaller airtank. On a super soaker, the check valve isn't on the end of the pump, it's next to the pump shaft, you should be able to figure out where it is.

#27317 Arsenals

Posted by Vassili on 31 May 2004 - 12:12 PM in General Nerf

The guns worth mentioning in my arsenal:

2 Maxshots
1 SS2
1 EaB
1 PC (2 clips)
1 Triple Shot
1 At2k (top left)
1 CPS 2000/EaB Creation

#27240 Homemade Piston

Posted by Vassili on 29 May 2004 - 08:01 PM in Homemades

Wow, thanks guys. I'm leaning towards O-rings over a gasket, just because my local hardware store has half an aisle of O-rings. I don't know if I can get a hold of one of those spherical dremel bits, but I'm going to try Cxwq's idea for securing the O-rings.

Cx, is your xbow all back together and working?

Zero, why not relocate the charging handle to the stock, like a stock xbow? You could also put the charging handle in the foregrip like a real-steel gun.

#27211 Homemade Piston

Posted by Vassili on 29 May 2004 - 01:48 AM in Homemades

Alright guys, for my next project, which I don't know will happen or not, I'm going to be building a homemade plunger and plunger tube. Problem is, I can't decide on how to make the piston. I'm thinking about just testing O-rings at the hardware store and see what fits nicely in 1" PVC, but it's going to be hard connecting the O-ring securely to the piston without being able to mold plastic. It looks as though wrapping some 1/2" PVC in e-tape worked nicely for Boltsniper's P99, but if you guys have any other ideas for making a nice airtight piston they would be greatly appreciated.

#27087 1500 Spupermax

Posted by Vassili on 26 May 2004 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

Also, 200 feet shouldn't be too hard to achieve with a 5k...

Yes, it would. I can get at least 130 feet with mine, but 70 feet is a whole lot more. :P

I meant angled. IR's got about 130, too.

And yes, if you massively expanded the airtank of a 1500, then used darts heavier than the standard NATO round, you could get 200 feet. Of course, as Cx, said that's really not a 1500, but a homemade, and you have made Nerf a lethal sport/hobby.

#26666 Constricted Petg

Posted by Vassili on 21 May 2004 - 09:10 AM in Modifications

My Triple Shot now gets 55' after I've gooped in the barrels. Maybe people have claimed better ranges, but if you look at Cxwq's First Shot Mod, someone who's results I trust on a gun with extremely similar, if not the same, plunger and spring, you'll see very similar results.

#26625 Constricted Petg

Posted by Vassili on 20 May 2004 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

An idea I had a while ago, cut slits in PETG and wrap it tightly in electrical tape. With the ID of the PETG smaller, you can have a constricted section of the barrel that allows the air pressure in the plunger to build before firing the dart. I modded my Triple Shot and tested it with a normal PETG barrel and this barrel, and I definitely got improved results of about 5-10 feet. I encourage you to try this and see if you get similar results. I already wrote up a short Triple Shot mod and more details about the contricted barrel for NW, now we're just waiting for Grinch to post it. Feedback?

#26499 1500 Spupermax

Posted by Vassili on 18 May 2004 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

I'd have to back Talio up here, hitting people with arched shots is just one of those skills that us talented people posses. Try using an EaB and you'll see how accurate arched shots can be. Of course I'm not talking about a 45 degree angle here, only slightly arched.

Also, 200 feet shouldn't be too hard to achieve with a 5k...

#26309 Expand A Blast Or Xbow Spring?

Posted by Vassili on 16 May 2004 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

The EaB spring is way too short for a Crossbow plunger, not even good enough for the EaB plunger in my opinion. Go to your local hardware store and find a much stronger replacement spring. You'll also want to reinforce the internals so your gun doesn't crack with the added pressure.

#25996 Official Gn Response

Posted by Vassili on 12 May 2004 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Why must you bring NH into this? This is a personal problem between Forgotten Hero and Grinch. Tell me why does the entire Nerf community have to decide on this?

#25744 Sm3k Blue Mod Update

Posted by Vassili on 09 May 2004 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

You're hilarious.

#25647 Super Soaker Mod

Posted by Vassili on 06 May 2004 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

If you are going to actually leave the extremely large airtank, then yes I guess an XP gun would be more practical than a CPS gun but you're still talking about at least 30 pumps. However, if you are going to greatly reduce the air tank (which I highly reccomend), then a CPS valve would be just as good if not better than an XP valve.

#25507 Small Soldiers

Posted by Vassili on 03 May 2004 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

...The SM500, IMO, is the best Nerf sidearm you can get in power. Around 70' properly modded, if not, more.

Try an SS2 or SM750 if you think 70' is good for a sidearm. Still though, the SM500 is a very good gun, as with the small soldiers rifle. If you're up to it, I highly reccomend Cx's internal barrel mod

#25463 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 03 May 2004 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

No, but judging by the fact that it outranged the farthest shot on my rifled PETG testing, I'd have to say more than 130 feet.

#25343 My Forum

Posted by Vassili on 01 May 2004 - 10:22 PM in Off Topic

It is crap, live with it.

#25286 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 01 May 2004 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

Relocated the pump...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

You can see in the third pic that I used a long, bendable brass sheet and formed it to the shell and pump, then wrapped the brass in extremely tight duct tape. That and the fact that the pump presses against a large section of the gun's shell make for an extremely sturdy pump. I think the gun also looks a lot better now, especially with the insulator padded foregrip. Thoughts?

#24773 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 24 April 2004 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I finally decided to get off my lazy ass and finish one of my old projects. This gun has been made from scraps of many assorted things, but the valve is from a supersoaker (CPS 1000) and the pump is from a Larami 2000 (Sm5k lookalike). In case you were wondering the T-coupler on the back makes up most of the airtank. Range is very good, quite a distance past 100 feet, but the main thing I love is the velocity and accuracy. I have never seen another gun shoot with with the same velocity and accuracy as this one. ROF is also very good, thanks to the breach that I cut out of the shell. The only problem I have with this gun is that the pumping is a little awkward. Any input on where to relocate it is gratefully accepted. I couldn't stand the bright yellow pump handle, so that and the EaB trigger got painted black.

#23096 666 Members

Posted by Vassili on 31 March 2004 - 10:45 PM in Off Topic

Ok i know this is probably going to get me banned but cx's post put me over the edge

Cxwq, Fuck you alright
Jesus Christ what have you done with your life
your a 32 year old man who still plays with nerf guns
your whole life amounts to a giant pile of bullshit
just because this thread has people posting intelligent thoughts that are way above your IQ to understand gives you no right to shit on it like that
if you want to be a dictator and limit free speech and censor people then by all means do it its your site. but i for one will not stand for it.
as the great Voltaire once said

"I disagree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"

Even Satan would reject you. You're just so...unwanted.

#22566 Grace

Posted by Vassili on 27 March 2004 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Go to your local hardware store and pick up a C-882 Century spring, then cut it in half and you have the perfect EaB spring. You should be able to find that exact spring, even Lech was able to get it in Australia.

[edit] Didn't realize this thread was dead, sorry.