nube's Content

There have been 45 items by nube (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#152839 Ss2 Problems

Posted by nube on 23 April 2008 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

No, you don't have to saw anything off of the airtank. I bought a leaking SS2, so I sprayed a CRAPLOAD of lube down the pump, left it overnight, and it worked like a charm, I'm sure you could do it through the barrel, but I just don't like putting lube down the barrels. But whatever you prefer.

#148921 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by nube on 02 April 2008 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

I just have to say, my dad, has tons of guns, under his bed,in his bedside drawer, all around the basement,hell, standing next to his bedroom door, I just grew up around them. And he has all of them with damn good reason too. What are you gonna do at gunpoint with a robber in your house or when you're in the middle of any kind of violent incident? Ask the shooter, "Hey, can I go get my 300 Win Mag"? NO! Guns are needed, what's a criminal gonna say when he hears about more gun restrictions, "Oh no wait, what I'm doing is wrong."? I've been taught about guns, but also about the basic concepts of society. I was looking for one of toys when I was like 4, I saw this rather long case under my dad's bed. I figured, I'm not supposed to get into other peoples' stuff, so I left it alone. I had no idea what it was, and I didn't really care. I later learned about guns and realized what could of happened. But since the simple concepts of privacy and ownership were into my head, that was avoided. There's pretty much no one else to blame except the parents if that does happen. If you're a parent and haven't taught your kids that yet, THEN TEACH YOUR DAMN KIDS!!!!! Ignorance causes violence and overall stupidity. One last somewhat off-topic point: what happens to kids who don't give a damn about their grades in school? You end up ordering a burger from them at Mickie D's 15 years later when you have a well paying job and a life. This huge wall of text is basically sums up to this: Parents' ignorance to teach their kids basic safety is the main reason for violence.

#101252 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by nube on 20 March 2007 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

Marine, we don't usually "point" anyone in any direction here, unless it's out the door with a 9999 special. That's what the search function is for. Do a little homework before asking everyone to throw you a bone. It doesn't work that way here.

PS the Scout is a POS. Get yourself a nitefinder.

Way to go OMC. I modified my scout and it might get 5 more feet than when stock, and it's a lot louder without the benefit of range. Get a nitefinder indeed. Way more power, and if you can integrate it into a Mav, you will have a way better gun than the scout could ever be, even with heavy, I mean ULTRA HEAVY mods. It's not worth it. Also, I think anybody with half a brain could notice the tech target is a different paintjob on the scout.

#101226 Happy Birthday Shindig

Posted by nube on 19 March 2007 - 11:42 PM in Off Topic

Hope you enjoyed it!

...and had someone else drive home. :D

Agreed. Anyways, weird that I never noticed that you have the same B-day as me. Too bad I'm only 12. Only 6 more years till real celebration starts ;) .

#101195 Jsrc-150

Posted by nube on 19 March 2007 - 05:57 PM in Homemades

As Guiness would say, Brilliant. Anyway, I like how simple the gun is. Three components. This is simpler than the Snap. And that's hard to beat :lol: . No write up is even needed. I'm going to build one of these. I just noticed that you're from Taiwan. Weird, my dad goes there twice a year since he works at Greenlee. Anyway, this is genius. Wait, scratch that, you're a genius.

#101062 Strikefire Deal At Walmart

Posted by nube on 13 March 2007 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

Thank you nube for posting that like. I have been looking everywhere for that thing.

No problem nerfboi, something I saw when looking up Carrtoon's work a while ago.

#101044 Strikefire Deal At Walmart

Posted by nube on 13 March 2007 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

Dang man, I'll have to check out Wally World today, since AZ's Targets are usuallly low on stock just when come there. Usually just like scout tech target. Thanks for posting this, I can barely get out of my house with all the guns I have in my apartment. Hope that they have these. I've been waiting to make one of Carrtoon's Crossfinder. Finally, a good deal on a fairly powerful, small pistol.

#101005 Concept Dart

Posted by nube on 11 March 2007 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I remember seeing this on another website last week. I'm going to go search for it now in my History. I'm sure I'll find it and I'll post it when I do.
Edit: Damn, that didn't take long, but the guy only used glue, no weights. These are probably only good for close quarters like indoors, but I don't know since I haven't tried this yet. Anyways, I'll just shut up and post the link. HELLO! Just scroll and you'll find it. I'm not sure if it has pictures, but just turn down the speakers for the crappy music. Or you can go to the bottom and push pause as I just found out.

#100753 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by nube on 03 March 2007 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

Damn. I'm jealous too. I'm typing with one hand right now. At the same time I'm calling. Crap, it's hard to type, and it's already been about half an hour using the redial button. I'm officially pissed off right now. Lucky ducks. My fingers hurt already. Wow, I've been just looking at the keyboard only so far. My typing was horrible.

#100731 Nitefinder Modification Writeup

Posted by nube on 03 March 2007 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

It's probably just me, but in the picture of the plunger, it seems as if the barrel is a tad bit crooked. But it's probably just me. Nice mod, I've yet to brass an NF. Like Flaming Hilt asked, ranges? Oh, and nice paintjob, Iv'e also still to paint an NF(grammar), or any other gun as a matter of fact. Lastly, did you have a problem with the plunger head hitting the circular piece held in by 3 pieces, sorry for bad description, but I've had this problem with every NF that I have since I take it out.

#100677 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by nube on 02 March 2007 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, like CH said, when and where is it going to be this year? I most likely won't be coming this year, but I would most definetely(sp?) love to come for the first time.

#100592 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by nube on 28 February 2007 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I just saw that about an hour ago. Taking note it was nerf, I remembered the details as best I could:
Apparently you just watch Toonami or something from 7-11 pm.
Prizes were right in the first post.
Just watch for a code or something(sorry, my mind is still worn out from math).
I know probably nobody will believe me, since most people seem to hate me now and I'm a minor member. Anyways, it might be boring, but watch Toonami commercials, it might pop up soon since its about the actual show. Trust me, it's there. Slightly off topic, 1000 CDTD's could be intimidating to friends with stock guns with the included, like 5 darts. But whatever.

#100389 Boltsniper Scar-n Rifle Bs-8

Posted by nube on 25 February 2007 - 12:15 PM in Homemades

I wanted to ask before the thread was too old to even talk in. I've been wanting to make this ever since I've seen this. I've been dying to know the progress on the plans, because it has almost been a year since this came out and if I could get this to my dad in March on my birthday, what's better than shooting your parent with foam from a beauty like this. I can see it now. Foamy death.

#100321 Clothes

Posted by nube on 24 February 2007 - 01:15 PM in Off Topic

Now that I'm in a good mood, playing guitar, being a couch potato, etc., I must say, being naked in the Heat of the Valley when its 110+ is an enjoyable experience.

#100277 Clothes

Posted by nube on 23 February 2007 - 06:49 PM in Off Topic

I apologize, Shattered Dreams. I was in an already pissed off mood and my day just kept on getting worse. On any other day it would have been most likely funny to me too. Again, I'm sorry I offended you, I was just in a super pissed mood.

#100165 Clothes

Posted by nube on 21 February 2007 - 04:35 PM in Off Topic

Amen Talio. What the hell is the point of this topic? Seriously, the Admins will probably ban you if you keep on making pointless posts that are just plain retarded. And, No Clothes+Cop=Bad Situation. My only words.

#99977 Adhesive's

Posted by nube on 18 February 2007 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

It all depends on what you're using it for. I tried to add the closing arm on the BBB with it but it didn't hold at all. On the other hand, I was able to plug up my Titan leak with JB well. It all depends.

#99797 Nerfing Music

Posted by nube on 14 February 2007 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

Holy crap, I've only been here a while and I've seen your crossbow mod. Seemed you were never coming back. Good that a good member is back to the Haven.

#99740 Rules

Posted by nube on 13 February 2007 - 07:12 PM in Site Feedback

Seriously, I say at the very least sticky it.

#99703 Nitefinder Rifle

Posted by nube on 12 February 2007 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

WOW, you just started modding and yet you have some of the most creative and cleanest mods I've seen in a long time. Congratulations.

#99635 Longshot Modification.

Posted by nube on 11 February 2007 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

OK, it seems that the opening in the breech is closer to the front of the gun. I'm about to do this and I was wonderin' if putting the opening near the back would increase range. Thanks.

#99585 Nf2k

Posted by nube on 10 February 2007 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

I would like to say, creative, I've never seen that but I haven't been here long. Also, very clean. If I could get my hands on an AT2K, I would definetely(sp) do this.

#99225 *update * Whats Goin Down In Sarasota, Fl

Posted by nube on 03 February 2007 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Again, like everyone else, it is a beautiful sight, a Mav, an NF, red foam, an AT3K, and a shitload of BBBs. When you can, get a picture on how to upgrade the spring. Too bad I live in Arizona. :P

#99172 Figured Most Of You Ls Lovers Would Want To Know

Posted by nube on 03 February 2007 - 12:46 AM in General Nerf

Thank you McFlurry! And Assassin NF, I know what you mean. But great find, I'm also going to finish Forsaken Angel's mod before getting some of these.

#98979 Bbb Trouble

Posted by nube on 30 January 2007 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

Thanks Forsaken Angel, I checked for the glue like 10 minutes ago, but it's 9:45. And yes, the Angel Longshot is finally born. Keep on with the write ups, I'm personally(sp) inspired to do each one.

#98608 Clipped Nf

Posted by nube on 21 January 2007 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

Woah.
That is a very clean and useful mod. Pretty much an easier Nite-Mav. Nice. A write up would be awesome.

#98597 Bbb Trouble

Posted by nube on 21 January 2007 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Okay, after seeing Angel's BBB, I had to it. So I have tried Goop and JB quick for connecting the CPVC to add to the origanal arm. So far, Goop takes to long to dry and comes apart fairly easily, and the JB just falls off. Advice anyone?

#97813 Weird Foam

Posted by nube on 06 January 2007 - 05:48 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys, I do remember me taking a long time to straighten my foam. Also, ACE Hardware doesn't do too well when it comes to keeping the brass organized.

#97703 Nitefinder Plunger Problem!

Posted by nube on 04 January 2007 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

This happened to me, too. Sucks because it was my friends like 1st gen. NF, so the strong spring makes more problems. I've tried plumber's goop and loctite household cement. Now I'm using JB Weld. I'll post when it's done if that works or not.

#97535 The Crs12 Mavshot

Posted by nube on 01 January 2007 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Welcome to NerfHaven! On another note, shooting both would be difficult because you would have to extend your arm to cock the Mav, bring your hand back to the bolt and cock, which might get tiring. But, it could be useful if you didn't have any ammo in the LS. Although, I don't see the point of showing your NF and Magstrike. Good job, despite the cocking problem.

#97531 'appy New Year

Posted by nube on 01 January 2007 - 10:39 PM in Off Topic

Happy New Year from Arizona

#97529 Weird Foam

Posted by nube on 01 January 2007 - 10:26 PM in General Nerf

OK, I have made like 80+ darts with this really durable, firm FBR. But when i put the darts in 17/32 brass, they just slide down. Why is this happening?

#97438 Crossbow : Where To Buy

Posted by nube on 30 December 2006 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

Pineapple, I know that practice will make me a better nerfer, but I would like to practice with long range weapons, as the gun with the best range that i have right now is a NF.

#97339 Crossbow : Where To Buy

Posted by nube on 28 December 2006 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Ouch, but thanks Crackerjack Man.

#97338 Moddable?

Posted by nube on 28 December 2006 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

TCIND, I was also scared at first glance. Forsaken Angel, you could probably mod the S*** out of that gun. Dart Attack, TX, and SHADOW HUNTER, it is really overpriced. Also TX, funny idea. And Crackerjack Man, nice thinking, an extra lure or quick reloaders would nerf wars even better. As of now, I'm lookin' for a XBow and will broke afterwards. Any owners, please try to mod,people would have more luck with shooting a stock Longshot with fishing line attached.

#97334 Crossbow : Where To Buy

Posted by nube on 28 December 2006 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

Okay, I keep hearing how great a XBow is. Problem : Can't find one. If anybody knows where to buy one, please help.

P.S. Don't say eBay, I checked, price was like $60

#97331 Pump Action Shotgun Modification 2

Posted by nube on 28 December 2006 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

Thanks man. I should be getting one in less than a week. Like razer sharp said, that thing will become a beast without a doubt. I would wet myself if I was aimed at with that monster, hands down.

#97233 Moddable?

Posted by nube on 27 December 2006 - 12:52 AM in General Nerf

Sorry, couldn't put in link. Just copy and paste. https://www.spinmast...a6de7d5a867eb69. Sorry, I'm an idiot, never mind about the link.

#97230 Best Of Nh

Posted by nube on 27 December 2006 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

Boltsniper for his homemades. ForsakenAngel for best mod for Pump Shotgun or BBB.

#97228 Pump Action Shotgun Modification 2

Posted by nube on 27 December 2006 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

Just wonderin', would these be available at Gander Mountain? Thanks.