Direct Threat's Content

There have been 73 items by Direct Threat (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#313348 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 March 2012 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

Yes, I'm still alive. I've been too busy with art and prop commissions to have time to mess with any nerf guns, but I really missed it, so I made a few custom things in between jobs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please PM me if you have any comments or questions, don't get banned for commenting in this thread =P

#186993 Accessory: Sidearm Holster

Posted by Direct Threat on 02 November 2008 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

Ok first I'd like to say that your a little late for the concept.
http://nerfhaven.com...=ST&f=2&t=13125
Next I'd like to say that you did a pretty good job fixing my concept into something a bit more useful then what I had. Other than the fact that that is mostly my idea, you did a great job with it.

World history would like to have a word with you. The holster is hardly "your" idea, not to mention that what you did, and what he did are almost completely different ideas altogether. You sound like a tool, don't steamroll him for trying to come up with something he deems useful.

#186718 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2008 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

After toiling over this for.. well, forever, I finally put the finishing touches on my vulcan today. No internal modifications to speak of, I just REALLY wanted to paint one. Also, it's for sale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#173378 Paint Job Questions

Posted by Direct Threat on 29 August 2008 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

Did you sand the surface first? you should always sand your surface before you paint it.

Personally, I've never sanded a single one of my guns except to remove unwanted paint or protrusions, using Vinyl Dye makes sanding unnecessary.

Quite untrue. Some paints don't like vinyl dye, and many painting methods don't work well with it at all. More importantly though, any time you paint ANY moving part, you need to sand it first. Adding paint will make things like triggers thicken up and not move as well, or have too much added thickness for springs to pull them back without either wearing out the spring quickly, or not working all together. Vinyl Dye is not a catchall.

#169902 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 17 August 2008 - 01:49 AM in Modifications

I've had a lot of stuff going on and been gone for a while, but I figured I would come back in with a bang. Picture heavy, sorry in advance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#169901 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Direct Threat on 17 August 2008 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: N/A
Mods Done: Level 4 Mod. Bungees taken off for cosmetic reasons, PVC nested PETG barrel attached via coupler, 1/8th inch machined aluminum reinforced internals, new spring.
Integrations: N/A
Comments: I must have had this sitting around well over two years now, waiting for something to be done with it. I've messed around and used it here and there, but realized that it was just going to sit and collect dust, so I painted it up with the sole intent of selling it. I built some cosmetic enhancements onto it, and even prettied up the barrel extension. I'm really happy with how this turned out, although I would have liked to actually get ride of the lines on the front where I filled in the dead space for a more smooth finish.

#153217 "steampunk" Longshot

Posted by Direct Threat on 26 April 2008 - 11:12 AM in Modifications

I have yet to figure out why people think that painting something a brass or bronze color and maybe aging the paint makes it steampunk. Steampunk is just the newest buzzword for selling shit on ebay. Neither of the 2 pistols just posted even vaguely resemble anything out of the Victorian Steampunk era, nor does any other nerf gun, with the exception of one heavily modified razorbeast I've seen. That first longshot posted shows off nice painting skills, and good attention to color selection, but IMHO, doesn't bear any resemblance to a steampunk weapon at all. The longshot is just a poor choice to use for this subject matter.

/rant off

#144747 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 11 March 2008 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Hopefully I won't get jumped for posting this without a picture, but I really have to commend you bullskunk. You took some really flat colors, stepped away from the "Look I painted my gun black, jack off my ego for me" way of thinking, and did some REALLY clean work. I'm impressed by not only your color selection, but your attention to clean lines and detail. Really good work overall, and great first post. Welcome to the community.

#144250 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 07 March 2008 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Diskshot I finished recently. For sale in my trade thread: Link

Posted Image

#141910 Gun Names

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 February 2008 - 01:33 AM in General Nerf

No sarcasm, the internet is a funny thing. I really do think, joking aside, that unless someone puts the amount of time, effort, and presentation into a mod that you do, that I don't really care WHAT they named it, only if its workable or not. But when I modded my ertl 12 shot shotgun, I knew exactly where to look, the name stuck in my head, and I got a good chuckle out of your video. It was helpful, but I get a kick out of the mask and music and what not.

Internet leg humping aside, I don't post too much here, so I figured I would post about one of the few things I DO care about other than painting (and my moderate amount of modding thats not worth talking about).

#141903 Gun Names

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 February 2008 - 01:21 AM in General Nerf

Honestly, the only time I have ever named a gun was when I was selling 30+ mavericks a month. It just became easier to name the color schemes and make a catalog to point at, and then later an ebay store. I mandate (with no authority whatsoever) that if you go out and buy a scary/goofy mask, spend a bajillion hours making a revolutionary mod, video it, sinc it to in flames or something and load it up, you then have full permission to name your shit whatever.

Also, eat your wheaties and pump iron. Yar!

#141897 Gun Names

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 February 2008 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I'm in no way upset, I just cringe every time I surf the mod/paintjobs thread and see some new name and how someone got the inspiration for it. I'm sharing my opinion, and thats all.

#141892 Gun Names

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 February 2008 - 01:03 AM in General Nerf

I prefer apple bottoms. Yeah, I said it.

#141888 Gun Names

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 February 2008 - 12:51 AM in General Nerf

Seriously? I mean, I already die inside a bit when someone sticks 4 pounds of hot glue and a piece of cpvc to ANYTHING and decides to name it, but now we have to get permission across the interwub to use a made up gun name for our random 4 pounds of hot glue mod? This just seems extraordinarily lame. Fail with an extra side of retarded on the side.

That being said, I reserve full rights to... let see, Werewolf Thunder is the most retarded name I can come up with off the top of my head. I'll sue you and come kick your door in with a home invasion crew if you use my name. And cry.

#141679 The Vulcan

Posted by Direct Threat on 21 February 2008 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I just want to paint this for them. Sadface. Also, I want to slap whoever decided that the new orange plastic was a good idea. Hardest shit to paint ever. We've dubbed it "bullshit orange" on Hasbro's color palette.

#141678 Improvements Made To Nerf Darts By Hasbro!

Posted by Direct Threat on 21 February 2008 - 02:02 AM in General Nerf

I usually just pass stuff like this by, but seriously, this is your first post? People have been LYNCHED for less spelling and grammar mistakes than that. I would love to comment on what you're actually trying to tell us, but I stopped understanding somewhere around line 3 or 4. This is not a retard circus, corral the apes.

#140966 The Vulcan

Posted by Direct Threat on 18 February 2008 - 02:02 AM in General Nerf

God I hope so. Though I do have something along those lines in the works.

#140953 The Vulcan

Posted by Direct Threat on 18 February 2008 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

Direct Threat, If you are out there. Paint this gun.

I'm drooling over color decisions. I started building a polycarbonate segmented shoulder strap for it. I wish it was LARGER so that I could rationalize making a completely unnecessary swing arm to attach to a belt or backpack. You know, something completely retarded =)

#138918 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 06 February 2008 - 05:26 AM in Modifications

My apologies for bad lighting and such, but I'm not in my studio and my tripod is all sorts of dead right now. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#137658 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 28 January 2008 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

When did this become the damn WoW forums? I've seen more "reserved for picture" posts than actual pictures in the last week.

#128423 Homemade Gun Shells

Posted by Direct Threat on 03 November 2007 - 01:07 PM in Homemades

To make an exact shell would be a real challenge considering you would have to someone also form the inside shape of the gun. I'm been trying to build new shells for guns for a while now here and there, sort of as a replacement cosmetic thing. The only way you're going to get a copy of the original shell with the same overall size is to make a mold of the original shell, and then vacuform into that. It will pull the plastic into the negative of the mold and produce at least an outwardly acurate copy of the gun. You're screwed for the internal plastic nubs and screw holes though.

#128286 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 01 November 2007 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

I got a few things to share, 1: Like Lynx said, Longshots DO NOT take buzzbee clips. Believe me. Ive tried. hard. 2: No, I haven't seen buzzbee anything anywhere yet, I am gonna go over to kb toys next week or so. Ive even got a BIG K mart that I can just ride my bike over to (cant drive yet) And 3. This is to Captain Slug. YOU GOT A BIG BLAST FOR 8.99?!?!? I can't find them in any K marts in Puget Sound! (thats in western WA, where I live)

For the second time, I'm very much aware that the two guns do not share clips. I am stockpiling CLIP FED GUNS, and for each longshot I have, I need one less of ANOTHER clip fed gun.

#128210 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 01 November 2007 - 11:45 AM in General Nerf

Direct Threat, where do you larp with guns? I larp in the medieval style, it would be really cool to larp with guns.

The dirty south my friend, the dirty south.
(Atlanta specifically, or ATL (cause its easier to spell) for the more uncouth)

http://www.redbutton...site/index.html

#128196 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

Longshots don't take buzzbee clips. Only cliptek and rapid fire rifle do.

More longshots = less need for rapidfires and clip teks. IE stocking up on clip fed weaponry for larping.

#128187 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 11:07 PM in General Nerf

Anyone know the soul to dollar exchange rate off hand?

http://www.xe.com doesn't list it but the bank said it was .0042:1

How many packs do you need?

I'll find out tomorrow. I think 4, but depending on the price, and how many longshots my group bought this week, maybe less.

#128182 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 10:48 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys. Our locale retail stores must have just sworn a dark oath against buzzbee. I went all over town today, I even braved K-Mart, with proper ventillation gear of course, I wouldn't want any airborn diseases, but didn't find anything. I'll have to drive further out, or make a pact with some dark gods.

Anyone know the soul to dollar exchange rate off hand?

#128172 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

So I've seen the extra clip packs advertised as "Rapid Fire Reload Packs" on Buzzbee's site for a while now. 2 clips, 12 shells, 12 darts I'll probably just throw away. The good question is, has anyone actually seen these in person, at all, ever? I know they have a bad habit at times of putting stuff up on their site months before it hits retail, but I would love to know if anyone has seen these.

-In hindsight, I want that damn pirate pistol too.

Thanks,
DT

#128169 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

Thanks to direct threat for the artistic inspiration!

*Glee*

I'm glad I could get other people painting. Those are two of the cleanest looking first gun's I've seen. Mad props, etc.

#128116 Need A Nerfgun For Larp.

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 October 2007 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

If you're already playing a 40k larp, the cliptek has the added benefit of actually looking like a bolter. Its not a terrible gun for larping, either.

#127320 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Direct Threat on 25 October 2007 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

you could add two underarm or chest holsters for yourself. That's a little bit more practical, and significantly more badass.

I have (deep breath) 2 drop holsters, 2 lower leg holsters, and underarm holster, a longshot on a sling and a rapidfire in a large back holster that may or may not swivel for easy access. (exhale)

The backpack is little more than a mobile reload station for friends, it helps me in the fact that everyone around me stays armed.

#127315 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Direct Threat on 25 October 2007 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

Impractical and badass. I can do that. I'm putting the finishing touches on a hardshell backpack that snuggly holsters 3 mavericks on each side so that my buddies can pull them out when they don't have enough time to reload. Bear in mind I can in no way reach around to draw these guns myself, they are only for teammates.

#127269 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Direct Threat on 24 October 2007 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

Wow Direct Threat! That has ought to be the best looking holster I've ever seen. Most of them are handmade with duct tape...

$5 toolpouch. True story.

#127263 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Direct Threat on 24 October 2007 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Block of run on text.

Welcome to the forums. I understand what you're getting at, but it doesn't really make sense, as your sentence structure is confusing at best.

Meet the holster. Remarkably, it has been around in some form or fashion since the arrival of the modern firearm.

Posted Image

And since someone else will say it, here is a thread detailing the exact same principle, albeit exlusively (in his thread at least) for mavericks. His has pictures and makes sense. Ironically, his thread was linked from another thread talking about dual weilding on the first page of this forum.

http://nerfhaven.com...382&hl=maverick

Edit: Beated! Egads!

#120954 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 23 August 2007 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Just finished this about an hour ago. Figured I would try my hand at a longshot with front gun integration, but seeing as I love cosmetic appearance just as much, I used bondo and scuplting tools to get rid of the cracks between the two guns. Its for sale in my trading thread, enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#120731 Why Does The Scout Have A Reverse Bayonet Mount?

Posted by Direct Threat on 22 August 2007 - 02:06 AM in General Nerf

HEY. Being one of those larpers I had a lot of back and forth with you to no avail. :rolleyes:

At any rate, neet find. The closest I've seen is a cosmetic silencer that was tooled to utilize the fitting there. Which is pretty much what you and the poster above me suggested. It looked ok, if a bit out of place on a scout. I'm not sure what practical applications you could use the grove for other than a cosmetic mod.

#120243 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 18 August 2007 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

Hey Direct, blue neons with black, any chance you're preparing for Hellgate London?

I'd give up my firstborn for hellgate, but no, the buyer just wanted me to make a blue accented version of this.

Posted Image

Though I AM building a full suit of futuristic battle armor right now. Its slightly templar inspired.

#120149 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 17 August 2007 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Back on the topic of guns, I have a just finished a new firefly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#119941 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 16 August 2007 - 02:46 AM in Modifications

Take Jrod's sweet new mav for EXE. I can clearly see some time and effort going into that gun. Although the scheme isn't my cup o tea, I can easily see someone paying 40 for it. I don't believe that would be a rip off at all.

True, but his paintjob is actually good, unique.

Thanks for the compliments, but it's not really unique, it's just me throwing my hat in the ring at a Direct Threat style paint job.

People pay my paintjobs compliments, but immitation is the simplest form of flattery. I'm glad you like my stuff enough to "throw your hat in the ring". I think you did a good job. I'd like to see more from you, and I'm sure you're well on your way to developing your own unique style.

Heres my two newest pieces, for anyone interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117792 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Direct Threat on 31 July 2007 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

I just finished my first, last, and only magstrike. It was painted just to sell, as the owner cannot use it, and wanted to see what I could do with it. No mods to speak of, I'm sure whoever gets it will have plenty of options for it. Hope you guys enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117276 Camo Paint Jobs

Posted by Direct Threat on 26 July 2007 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

I was having an intresting comversation with one of my friends about your new camo paint job. It looks really sweet but when will you ever have to hide your gun in a place with white, blue, and purple. Come to think of it, When do those colors appear next to each other in nature? So on the subject of camo'ing. Its only worth it if you actually camo it. If you put werd colors in a camo pattern then its not worth it. However if it was jungle or desert camo it would be cool.

Never heard of Urban Camo, eh? There are lots of camo patterns that have nothing to do with blending into natural surroundings.