Winterstrike's Content

There have been 5 items by Winterstrike (Search limited from 15-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#283768 Air Tank Explosions

Posted by Winterstrike on 22 August 2010 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

Has anyone got any hard evidence to show that 4B tanks or titan tanks explode from overpressure? I don't mean crack, leak or hiss slowly but explode, as in KABOOM! If it did, was the explosion enough to cause damage to a nearby person, like plastic shrapnel embedded in the face?

#251499 The Battle Of Adelaide - Aus

Posted by Winterstrike on 24 September 2009 - 11:08 AM in Nerf Wars

We got quite a few people interested in coming to this one, yours truly included. Hope to see you all there!

#251490 Gluing Plastic To Neodymium Metal Magnets

Posted by Winterstrike on 24 September 2009 - 04:05 AM in Modifications

I ended up using Araldite, as I couldn't find any of this JB weld. It should hold anyways. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

#251376 Gluing Plastic To Neodymium Metal Magnets

Posted by Winterstrike on 23 September 2009 - 09:33 AM in Modifications

I'm currently working on a project involving some of my guns using very strong magnets. The best way to attach the magnets to the guns is probably some kind of glue, but I'm not sure which one to use. I tried hot glue but the magnets are too strong and they just peel off the glue, leaving the glue on the guns. These magents are really strong for their size.

Do you guys have any tips on what I should use? I have some two part epoxy called araldite and I wonder if that would do the trick. I could go down to the hardware store and ask for suggestions but I'm thinking you guys would probably know more than some random guy who knows nothing about modding.

The only other option I can think of is drilling holes into the gun and looping wire around the magnets, but this seems extreme. I'm hoping some really strong glue is the best solution.

#240741 Issues With Opening A Vulcan - The Slide

Posted by Winterstrike on 07 July 2009 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before. I tried to a search for it but it's pretty specific and I had no luck in finding it.

I assembled a vulcan, handle, slide, batteries and all to make sure it was in perfect working order. That may not have been the best decision in retrospect as I now want to open it to remove the AR. I laboriously removed all the screws, the barrel and the battery pack but I cannot for the life of me remove the loading slide.

It clicked together when I assembled it and brute force won't work. Blame my poor upper body strength perhaps but I can't pry it open. If I used a tool such as a screwdriver, I'm afraid that pressure on the gun's outer shell would simply crack it.

There are others with this problem, of that I'm positive. Are there any suggestions on how to remove the slide for an unenlightened soul such as myself? I'm relatively new to all this and some advice from some veterans would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking I might have to resort to using a vise or a dremel but that seems drastic and I would rather not damage the slide handle. Here's hoping I'm just missing something really obvious that will just make me /facepalm when you mention it.