Kanraku's Content

There have been 3 items by Kanraku (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#92595 Need Some Tips On Painting

Posted by Kanraku on 22 October 2006 - 01:45 PM in Modifications

Okay, I found the red and black krylon fusion paints, so now I just need to find a silver one. On the website it looks like they just have textured and shimmer silvers, not just regular shiny silver.

I still need to get a sealant too... is there a specific brand of clearcoat I should look for that works the best? How do I apply it?

Thanks again for all of the help.

#92189 Need Some Tips On Painting

Posted by Kanraku on 18 October 2006 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Wow, can I really get awesome paint like that for 4-6 bucks a can? When I said I had seen some paint jobs around the forum, that looked really good but expensive, that red maverick was mainly what I was referring to.

I'll go and look for the brands you mentioned and start gathering the paint.

I'm a bit leery about taking apart the gun and painting it that way though. Although there are guides for taking it apart on this site, I still wonder if I wont be able to put it back together quite right. I'll also have to be really careful if I paint any interior pieces, right? I mean, if the paint changes the size of the part, there could be some difficulties.

I'm so pumped for this I took a picture of my gun and modified it with Paint Shop Pro. This is what I want the final result to look like:

http://img142.images...nerfplannd2.jpg (it's a big picture)

I think if I follow this color scheme it should turn out pretty nice. I'll post a picture once I actually paint it.

#92118 Need Some Tips On Painting

Posted by Kanraku on 17 October 2006 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Hey everybody! I'm a new nerfer and I've finally waited out the two-week authentication period. I have a BuzzBee Rapid Fire Rifle and I have nerf wars with three other friends indoors with furniture as cover.

Next month we'll be having our first off-site nerf war, hopefully with 8 people in a rented indoor space. Although all the members of my group have heard of the sort of mods that happen here, nobody has tried modding or painting their guns. At this debut nerf war, I want to have a kickass paint job. (I'm too afraid to mod my RFR because I haven't seen them in stores here recently. I might get a maverick and mod that sometime).

This is my goal: To pain the barrel (yellow) section silver, and the green parts (the body) black. I'll leave the dark blue parts alone. I also want to paint a stenciled pattern on the empty black section in red.

I already tried painting the front of the barrel with black arcylic paint, but I realized that the texture is too rough and I'll still need a sealant. So, what is the best paint/sealant to use so that the plastic still feels smooth and the paint looks as shiny as normal plastic? Spray paint is easy, but does it do nice enough of a job? I read some posts around here and heard of some metallic paints, which look very nice but I'm wondering if they're a bit out of my price range. What are my options for paints and sealants, and how much should I be prepared to spend on this paint job?

Thanks!

Mike