oodalumps's Content

There have been 207 items by oodalumps (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#353218 Michigan Interest?

Posted by oodalumps on 03 May 2016 - 12:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be interested in attending a war with only modded nerf guns. I probably won't remember this later, though.

#343026 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 23 November 2014 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Break-action Secret Shot 2 using the original scope mechanism.

Posted Image

#341462 Michigan War Discussion

Posted by oodalumps on 23 August 2014 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Maybe? If I remember to check back and if it's close enough.

#300358 NF with wooden grip.

Posted by oodalumps on 22 June 2011 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

A pretty accurate (but unintentional) parody of a lot of mods these days. People act like you can replace every working piece of a Nerf gun and still call it a Nerf gun.

#297678 Octo-Shot

Posted by oodalumps on 29 April 2011 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

I can't believe that from over twenty minutes of footage that's all you could think of to say.

You didn't say much relating to the video either. Not sure what you expected me to say. If I had to give my opinion on the video, I would say it was a very cool mod and a professionally done video (fancy talk for "dats kool!"). But people can see that just by watching it themselves.

#297662 Octo-Shot

Posted by oodalumps on 28 April 2011 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Part 2

I can't help but be the recognition-loving asshole that I am. I came up with the turret seal mod using the front rubber off the plunger rod.

#272383 War In Mi

Posted by oodalumps on 16 April 2010 - 06:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Look, let's do it this way. Michigan nerfers, send me a PM saying where you are, and all that jazz. My friend and I both go to Michigan State, and we'd be more than happy to check out potential war sites in the Lansing/East Lansing area. Plus it's a 4 or 4-1/2 hour drive coming from Chicago, Columbus and/or Toronto, so assuming we get a good weekend in the fall, we might be able to snag people from each nerfing community. Not sure about housing that many people, but it's worth a look.

Granted, it's the end of the school year, so we may not get a big, organized war until September or October, when school starts up again. But we'll look into the area parks/properties for a good spot.

I'd love it if you got something to happen in Michigan. You don't need to wait until the fall to get a good war going. Even a war in May will give you enough time to get some attendees. I can add 1 + 5ish maybes to the list. Helps if it's on a Sunday (everybody I know works on Saturdays). And with how many interested Michigan Nerfers have been popping up lately, a good sized war could come of this.

#272351 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 15 April 2010 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

It's nice.

Posted Image

#271693 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by oodalumps on 08 April 2010 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I think we need a new thread. The original post is a poor representation of what's being planned.

#271355 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by oodalumps on 04 April 2010 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

Anybody could make a NF shoot 100'+ if they put a +bow inside of it. It takes brains to make an actual NF shoot that far.

You mean the NF rifles? Yeah, those have been around for maybe a year now. Where were you when that happened? It sounds to me like you're just looking for an opportunity to get all indignant on the internet. This modification is, essentially, a plunger tube replacement for a singled longshot. The trigger system is stock. When Slug did essentially this to a crossbow for Groove, nobody talked shit. Maybe you have some deep rooted psychological aversion to PVC?

I do not approve of plunger tube replaced NFs. Those are the +bow NFs I'm talking about. I would have talked shit about groove's potato cannon, but guess what would happen?

EDIT: Stock trigger system? Look harder.

#271333 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by oodalumps on 04 April 2010 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

That seems like a very backwards way of looking at it. The ingenuity of modders is no longer constrained by the stock internals of blasters. This adds to the diversity of modifications, it doesn't kill it.

I said modding, not homemades. I could tape a NF shell over a paintball gun, but it would still be a paintball gun. Potato cannons are potato cannons no matter what you cover them in.

On "ingenuity", knowing that bigger internals gives better ranges is brainless. Anybody could make a NF shoot 100'+ if they put a +bow inside of it. It takes brains to make an actual NF shoot that far.

I don't mind homemades as long as they aren't being called Nerf guns. And as long as they don't show up at wars.

#271294 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by oodalumps on 04 April 2010 - 03:06 PM in Modifications

these modular homemade internals can put reliability and function in flawed blasters.

So we're all just buying blasters for the shells? When a blaster's potential is defined by how easily a homemade can be built inside of it, Nerf modding is dead.

#271056 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by oodalumps on 02 April 2010 - 01:39 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm setting up a group here in MI. We're all MSU students, but I'd like for some variety. I've secured a park in East Lansing/Okemos called Lake Lansing park. There's a north and south section. North is more reserved and "natural" while south has more recreational activities. I've talked with the head of Ingham county parks and he said he's cool with us playing with Nerf guns. Seems that the capital would be a fitting place for a war/skirmishes. It's also pretty much centered in the state. What do you guys think?

I threw up a little after reading the OP and was about to move on. I almost missed your post.

I would go to wars there given some time and dates. I have some friends who would probably go, too.

#271055 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by oodalumps on 02 April 2010 - 01:32 AM in Modifications

That's about as much of a nerfgun as this is:
Posted Image

#270484 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 27 March 2010 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Nothing special. Did all the essential mods and CPVC'd it.

Posted Image

But I discovered an extremely easy and effective way to replace the turret seal. Using the stopper from the front of the plunger.

Mini-writeup:

1. Take the stopper off the plunger. (Stole the pic from badwrench's writeup)
2. Widen the stopper's hole: Take a piece of brass. Center it over the hole and hit it with a hammer.
3. Put a couple layers of etape around the orange piece on the plunger tube.
4. Put the stopper of the plunger tube like so. Perfect new seal.

Posted Image

Edited in the Tetra Strike. It's a nice little gun.
Posted Image

#270124 Sharpshooter I Overhaul

Posted by oodalumps on 23 March 2010 - 08:27 PM in Modifications

Now what would impress me is if you modded a Sharpshooter I to shoot like that. Not build a homemade and put it in it's shell.

#266478 Blaster Classification/rating System

Posted by oodalumps on 22 February 2010 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

The funny thing is, this guy is actually smart.

I think you give too much credit to somebody who implies post count means anything.

#262290 Interest Thread In A Winter War In Michigan

Posted by oodalumps on 18 January 2010 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I would go.

#246057 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by oodalumps on 07 August 2009 - 11:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Well none of my guests can make it. I'll see how I feel in the morning about going (I'll have to wake up at 7, which is when I usually go to sleep)

#246032 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by oodalumps on 07 August 2009 - 08:58 PM in Nerf Wars

So, everybody who plans to go is still going?

#245801 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 06 August 2009 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

The first thing I did was chop the handle off and put a new one on.

Posted Image

Those ARs in the turret were a bitch remove. Made a brass coupler for the main barrel so I could remove it. Then I super glued the top of a pop bottle into the middle of the turret so I could never miss the coupler.

#241740 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by oodalumps on 13 July 2009 - 03:34 PM in Nerf Wars

The 18th doesn't work for me because I have a K'nex war planned that day. I don't think I have anything to do on the 25th, though.

... And what did you do to the name of the war?

#241319 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 10 July 2009 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#240509 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by oodalumps on 06 July 2009 - 06:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess you could move me up to a definite. So far, I see no reason that I can't go. I can't speak for my guests, though.

#239263 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by oodalumps on 29 June 2009 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Possibly me + more people.

#237488 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by oodalumps on 19 June 2009 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I was waiting for the part where I got Lblitz'd by my guest haha. I got 5 welts from that one shot (I believe he pumped that thing close to 25 times). Good stuff. There was a lot of footage of me getting destroyed in part 3. I'm glad my killing spree with the rf20 got on camera in part 1. Immediately after getting dumpster behind the barricade, I unloaded on everybody I saw.

#236690 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 16 June 2009 - 06:45 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

#231262 Sm1000 Help

Posted by oodalumps on 19 May 2009 - 10:47 AM in Modifications

The tank cover opens when you have a Larami dart in the turret. The dart presses a white spring-loaded peg down that moves the tank cover when the turret spins.

That piece you can't figure out goes under the back of the turret. It stops it from spinning backwards.

And like bob said, you're missing an L shaped piece that makes the air release. You can glue the spring or make a new piece.

#229337 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by oodalumps on 10 May 2009 - 10:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Fun stuff. My guest seemed to have a lot of fun too.

Highlights:
- My rf20 did great until the trigger broke.
- All my best guns broke.
- Canadians are damn good nerfers.
- My right arm sustained many painful hits. (I counted 8 welts)
- Learning to love the simplicity and reliability of my Big Blast again.
- Getting destroyed by my guest with a Lightning Blitz. On camera.
- Guest overpumping my LB, causing it to leak.
- I liked defend the core. I couldn't hit the core for the life of me, but the constant siege against the defending team was fun.
- It seems like I lost around 100 darts. Probably got taken home by a few kids'. Still pretty good in comparison to other wars' losses.
- getting barrel tapped by SGM when he was on my team. Broke a barrel off his gun. Sorry bro.
- My darts were great for once. Glad I switched foam.
- Didn't last a minute in those royal rumble rounds.

100' automatic (I call BS on that BTW)

Never said it shoots 100', I said it shoots 80'. (unless you aren't referring to me)

EDIT: The casualties

Posted Image

- Doomsayer plunger rod is fucked. I didn't even use the gun.
- PAS pump rod is fucked.
- RF20 trigger broken, but probably fixable.
- Lightning Blitz tank cracked. Might be fixable
- LS was left primed. Plunger head is super glued on due to stripped threads. Pathetically weak now.

#224816 General Blow Gun Stuff

Posted by oodalumps on 21 April 2009 - 06:24 PM in Homemades

Doesn't it depend on your barrel material and darts?

Also it depends on how big your lungs are and how much air you can put out.

Naw dudes, this guy obviously has a PH.D in blowing. He knows more on this subject.

#224627 Airtech 1k Singled

Posted by oodalumps on 20 April 2009 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

Questions, comments, flames.

Seeing this at the end of every writeup has gotten ridiculously annoying. Everybody, stop it.

#224394 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by oodalumps on 19 April 2009 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a guest that wants to come. Got room for one more?

We got room.
Probably going to cap it at 50.

Alright then, put a guest down with me. Sending payment.

#224361 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by oodalumps on 19 April 2009 - 01:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a guest that wants to come. Got room for one more?

#223988 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by oodalumps on 16 April 2009 - 04:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be attending. Sending payment soon.

#220008 I Give You The Minifinder

Posted by oodalumps on 26 March 2009 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

I hate comfortable guns too. Fuck handles.

#219178 Possible Southern Mi War

Posted by oodalumps on 21 March 2009 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I plan to attend Massacre 4 on Saturday, but Friday might be OK for me.

#219009 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by oodalumps on 20 March 2009 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Until a minute ago I thought I needed a passport to go to Canada. Silly me. I will try my best to be there.

#218829 Rf20 Mod - Caedo

Posted by oodalumps on 19 March 2009 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Average 70ft with stock taggers
Average 105ft with my hemispherical tipped Stefans.

Not to come off as an asshole, but are those flat ranges? It's hard to see 2.5" of barrel getting 105' flat average with just extra spring compression. If it does get those ranges, I imagine the darts would explode as they leave the barrel (like when you put a short barrel on another high-powered airgun).
The ROF is understandable with how much pressure you put in it. But how did you get the piston to work with that fast of airflow? On my rf20 (even with the piston expansion), when it's fully pumped I have to turn down the airflow or else the piston doesn't retract far enough for it to catch the rotation mech before it tries to go forward again.
If you got everything to work as you say, congrats, I would be quite jealous after all the seemingly needless stuff I did to mine. All I needed to do was band the piston and use 17/32 barrels and I would have gotten the same range? I guess FA's magstrike shot pretty far too.

#218502 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by oodalumps on 17 March 2009 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately the gym we had set up canceled on us! We have to re schedule the date for a summer war. That will still be just as fun!! It should be sometime in June and will be at Donley again like last year. Again I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Please try and make it out this June!!!!

Got this over facebook. Letting y'all know.

Michigan needs some Nerf wars. Somebody go plan one.

#217006 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by oodalumps on 08 March 2009 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

Pretty much the finished product.
Posted Image