Wisp's Content

There have been 43 items by Wisp (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#271608 Little Bit Of A Raider Issue.

Posted by Wisp on 07 April 2010 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

I took everything in and out a few times, and it seemed to fix it. I tried taking some pictures before, but the issue was literally it being 1/10 of an inch out of alignment, so without a really high res camera, it would be hard to show.

#271436 Little Bit Of A Raider Issue.

Posted by Wisp on 05 April 2010 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

I already looked through a few Raider threads, and didn't notice this issue, but if it's been answered elswhere, sorry.
Anyways, I took out the AR's, and put it back together. I tried to prime it, and on the way back, the bolt (dart tooth? I don't know if these are the right names) wouldn't fit into the thing it goes into. (black circle doesn't fit into green circle)
http://img205.images.../3021/helpp.png
Anyways, I took it part again, and I realized it was because the tooth and bolt was too low, and it got stuck on something. By low, I mean, if you were to lie the unassembled gun on a table, the tooth would be too close to the table to fit. If I force the tooth a bit higher, it fits in fine. I think I put the gun together correctly, and the back of the plunger is in the right place, I think, so I don't think that's the issue. Any help?

#258993 Thrift Stores, And Where To Find Them

Posted by Wisp on 14 December 2009 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

Just went to a goodwill, they had a very broken longshot, something that looked like a knock off maverick, but I didn't get any. But in the past I've seen some nice guns there for very cheap.

#254105 Planning On N-force Swords Mods

Posted by Wisp on 20 October 2009 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

I would suggest buying a 6-10 dollar nightfinder. They're easy to mod and can give good experience. Swords give no real modding experience. Well, unless you were to somehow put an air gun inside of the blade, and have it fire out of the tip. That's be cool. But that's not gonna happen with a recon.

#240553 Titan/magstrike Integration

Posted by Wisp on 06 July 2009 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

That thing looks like a flying drone from some video game. That looks great, I'd hate to run into that in a way when I wasn't expecting it. Great work.

#240491 Big Bad Bow Mod

Posted by Wisp on 06 July 2009 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

well i havnt seen any mod like this on youtube except for uin13 which had cpvc fit into PETG but i havnt seen 1 right in the original barell

Because every single mod is on youtube. Known fact.

#240483 Big Bad Bow Mod

Posted by Wisp on 06 July 2009 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Way easier: sand down the cpvc to fit into the barrel.

Not a new mod by any means.

#240446 No Catching?

Posted by Wisp on 06 July 2009 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

Make sure you didn't put the catch in upside down. That's all the advice I can give you without pictures or more info.

#240229 Oompa's Titan Mod

Posted by Wisp on 04 July 2009 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

It's pretty simple, just attach a barrel pretty much, after cutting/drilling/whatevering out the air restrictors.
I personally kept the titan barrel on, and used a coupler so I could have a removable barrel, and still fire the missile.
But someone posted the link you needed, so it's all good.

#239711 I Need Help

Posted by Wisp on 01 July 2009 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

The DS is annoyingly complicated for beginners, I doubt you'll be able to fix it unless you have experience. Plus it sucks.

Wisp: It's not going to help anyone if all you do is tell him he's not good enough to mod it.

Inerf: try searching for a pic in the mod directory or use the search bar at the top of the page.

If a beginner modder came and asked for help on say, a doomsayer, a k9 special, or any complicated/difficult mod the best advice you could probably give them would be to get more experience modding before doing something hard.
Hell, just removing the AR's on a longshot would be too much for a lot of beginners since there are so many damn parts.
I'm not that a DS is close to a doomsayer or whatever, in any way, but the internals are a bitch to put back in, and there's nearly no reason to open it.

#239689 I Need Help

Posted by Wisp on 01 July 2009 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

The DS is annoyingly complicated for beginners, I doubt you'll be able to fix it unless you have experience. Plus it sucks.

#238885 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by Wisp on 27 June 2009 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

Hey all!

Ok, day 1 is over! I'll go over more stuff with videos and pics in following posts and on my blog but for now...

The Furyfire.

It was the weapon of choice for the day. We knew about the 10-shots, but I can confirm the blaster is a springer. The pump-handle rotates the cylinder and primes the blaster. Pull trigger to fire. The cylinder DOES NOT flip out to reload like a maverick. You have to put the darts in by moving the cylinder until an empty chamber appears. I didn't look like you could move the cylinder without the pump-handle moving as well. I had only a few minutes to get briefed on the rules of engagement and fiddle with the blaster before the round started. Also, they only had the Furyfires INSIDE the battle area, so I had to leave my camera behind when I finally got my hands on the furyfire. I'll hopefully make it back to the Dew Tour for Day 2 and finagle some pics.

Ranges: Stock, maybe 20-30 feet.

Handling: Mine misfired a couple of times, but I was in the 2nd to last scrimmage for the day before they prepped for the main tourney. Chances are, mine was janked a bit from previous users. It was definitely a good size though and natural to hold. Not too small at all.

We also used the new "flags". The canister is about the width of a titan barrel and just a bit longer than the switch shot firing shell.

There's probably a bunch of stuff I'm missing right now, but more to follow as I am hella tired.

Well I'm glad someone got in. How did you do in the tournament, if I might ask?

#238425 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by Wisp on 24 June 2009 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

Amazing job, by far the cleanest intergration of it's kind.
I had a similar idea, but pytiing the recon upside down, and have it like shotgun pump. But you did this first! So you win.

How would the ammo load?

I think I've seen someone mod it so that the clip loads in sideways, like the raider. I don't have a link to that mod though, it might not even have a write-up or a thread.

#238370 Big Blast Recon

Posted by Wisp on 24 June 2009 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

VACC, speaking of 13 year old kids and potentially dangerous air guns...that is the exact fucking reason I do not do the following:

1) Plug any sort of pumps on anything.
2) Try to push air tanks beyond it's average capacity
3) Hook up shit to my air gun that isn't meant to be there (ex. air compressor)

I believe our under 18-audience on these boards should all think these thoughts alike.

A more on-topic note, that thing is one cluster-fuck. Gotta admit, it was a good use of things people can find laying around. I'd never build one of those things, or ever allow it at one of my wars. But, hey, good job on it anywho.

Plugging pumps is fine as long as you aren't stupid with it. By it's nature, the oprv releases air before the tank is at it's max capacity. As long as you don't push it past it's full capacity, you will have a better shooting gun.

#238203 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by Wisp on 23 June 2009 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Right now, with how you have your gun this mod isn't very useful, because the singled half of the gun doesn't shoot far enough considering it's rof for it to be really worth it. If you replace the barrel though and get the singled LS to shoot how a singled ls should, this would be a great integration.
But anyways, it looks amazing, and is obviously very clean. Props for that.

#237545 Flintlock Pistol

Posted by Wisp on 19 June 2009 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Actually you do not need to pull the barrels at all. You can hit the release button with your thumb and because the string is no longer connected the barrel falls open. With the other hand, you shove in the shells and with a flick of the wrist the gun is loaded; a process which takes much less time than holding the barrel open and putting shells in.

Yeah, but then you also have to do another action to cock it, which takes longer. All you have to do unmodded is just pull the barrels down hard once, load the shells, and flip the barrels up. Much faster.

#237492 Raider Internal Pics

Posted by Wisp on 19 June 2009 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Because there's not a giant thread about it on the first page of general? Or a search function. Jesus christ.
Look in general forum, there's a huge thread w/ internals.

#237241 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Wisp on 18 June 2009 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

The Podcasts are excellent, except fucking Quicktime wont let me save a file unless I "upgrade to quicktime pro" . :angry: this is BS

If you're on mozilla, hit ctrl s. Done.

#237234 Question About Fixing Vulcans

Posted by Wisp on 18 June 2009 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

Ok... Let's start this off. The vulcan sucks. That's the problem most people have with it.
If you want a decent automatic get a magstrike or a rapid fire 20.
Also, in my experience, if you load the gun right, you usually don't have to worry about jamming.

#237217 Broken Ds - How To Fix?

Posted by Wisp on 18 June 2009 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

The barrel is in the shell where you would normally insert the cartridges. It is 9/16 brass nested inside 1/2 cpvc w/some etape to make it tight.

Thanks,

Whisper...

There is no way 9/16 brass fits into cpvc. Cpvc is the tightest barrel material that we generally use, there's no way another barrel is gonna fit into that. Maybe 1/2 PVC, but not cpvc.

#236784 ¿turret?

Posted by Wisp on 16 June 2009 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

I was just playing Fable II, and there were turret guns that are pretty much our definition of them, multiple barrels that rotate.

#236580 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by Wisp on 15 June 2009 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

I would like to say something about this idea that modded guns would make you "uber amazing" in the Nerf tournament.
Having played with a modded gun amongst a group of better then 70% stock guns I can tell you that your ROF is abysmal compared to theirs and at that close range (as I would expect them to have in such a tournament) you will lose every time. You simply can't reload fast enough to not be charged the instant after you have fired.

Because all modded guns are single shot?

#236427 Raider Preview

Posted by Wisp on 15 June 2009 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

Damn, that auction was legitimate.
How does the drum mag work? Do you need to twist something, or can you just shove the darts in?
If he's opened it, is it more similiar to the recon or longshot?

If you find out any of that, that would be great.

#236423 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by Wisp on 15 June 2009 - 12:20 PM in General Nerf

To be honest, I'm not the greatest nerfer, I haven't been able to go to any big wars due to my location and lack of a car, only local ones up to this point, but if you take modified guns out of the picture, and since the group I would have to be in (obviously) was 13-17, I have little doubt I could do pretty well.

Though I would guess this is what it would probably be like. Since all the guns are the same, and the ranges are the same, and taking any long range shots would be impossible, one team would just camp and wait.
Also, the main issue for me would be that everyone would use magstrikes (unless there was some restriction on how many each team could have) since in a real war, automatics are good, but limited by their poor range. But if everything's stock, there's no balancing factor.

#236359 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by Wisp on 14 June 2009 - 11:23 PM in General Nerf

I searched, and the only topic I found on it was like 5 months old, and it was all speculation at that point. I may have missed something, if I did, I apologize.

Anyways, to start things off I'll give some links.

Overview
Rules
Registration form

So basically it's a tournament under Hasbro's official dart tag rules. It's only open to people under 18, so that will make it impossible for a lot of the experienced nerfers here to compete, if they wanted to.
I didn't notice anything in the rules about what guns would be used, but I imagine they would be provided, and would only be stock dart tag guns. The only logical gun, unless then new guns happen to be amazing, would be the magstrike, since I believe that's the only automatic dart tag gun, and if all the guns are stock, the ranges will be pretty much equal to say, a dtb.
Also the other thing of note is the grand prize is 6250$ per person on your team.

So, would anyone consider going to this? I might since the closest city where they are doing it is like 3 hours away, and in the unlikely event that I win, 6000$ would be nice to have.

#235708 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by Wisp on 11 June 2009 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

If you don't have the tooth, and you can't make an angel breech or similiar, you're mostly out of luck if you want to keep the clip. You could single it, or you could go to the trading forum and try to buy a tooth, then you could minimize in a way so it doesn't need the barrel. t

#232274 Nite Finder Plans For Modification.(mostly A Bunch Of Questions)

Posted by Wisp on 24 May 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

With you quoting me in your signature, I don't really care that much about grammar and all that shit, but the majority of the forum does and it will get you banned if you don't follow the rules on that, and I don't like seeing people get banned since they might offer something to the community. Look around the forum and you will see that like in every single thread the admins threaten to or suspend/ban someone for poor spelling or grammar. I was just trying to give you some friendly advice.

#231954 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 22 May 2009 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

I'm having a problem with the catch, if the plunger is pushed down slightly when it's cocked, it will fire, which is really annoying because my rubber bands pull it down a bit. I tried replacing the catch spring, but it seems to be stronger than a pen spring already, so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Is the catch, or the place on the plunger head where it catches worn out? If so, PM me. I have extras that I can most likely sell you.

I figured out my issue, it was a stupid mistake on my part. the electric tape was covering the area where it catches, so that made it fire really easily. Fixed now.

#231912 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by Wisp on 22 May 2009 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

I bought a box of these, and I would recommend against them. six of them have already broken, the plastic that holds the plunger or whatever you would call it in the grenade breaks, and it shoots out very fast. It almost took one of my eyes out, I was loading darts and looking into it, it shot out and hit me about a half inch above my eye. Anways, these break really easy, but if they could be reinforced they might be ok. They would probably be best for humans vs. zombies.

Of course. They're made to be disposable. In my experience, the T-shaped end breaks off after two or three operations. Maybe five if you're really lucky. That's why I'm working on various ideas to replace that part with something else - preferably something that works other than by twisting.

Huh. I've never actually had the t part break off, only the ring that holes the thing in place. I tried reinforcing one with coat hangers and epoxy putty, but it didn't work too well. The springs are nice however.

#231901 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by Wisp on 22 May 2009 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

I bought a box of these, and I would recommend against them. six of them have already broken, the plastic that holds the plunger or whatever you would call it in the grenade breaks, and it shoots out very fast. It almost took one of my eyes out, I was loading darts and looking into it, it shot out and hit me about a half inch above my eye. Anways, these break really easy, but if they could be reinforced they might be ok. They would probably be best for humans vs. zombies.

#231899 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 22 May 2009 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

I'm having a problem with the catch, if the plunger is pushed down slightly when it's cocked, it will fire, which is really annoying because my rubber bands pull it down a bit. I tried replacing the catch spring, but it seems to be stronger than a pen spring already, so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

#231734 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Nice write up! I could understand it perfectly, and as a fan of cpvc myself if I ever get on I will definitely do this mod.

P.S. It's not completely stock as it doesn't have the cover. :P

I still have that, but it's just too big, ugly and green to keep on the gun, before I actually got the gun I was planning on keeping it on, but it was just too uncomfortable haha.

#231729 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Is that the stock spring you have in there? It looks the same length as the stock spring but it is much shinier and it seems a tad bit thicker.

I imagine it is, the seller said it was stock so I assume the spring was. I have never seen another lnl spring so I wouldn't know though.

#231722 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Added a bit more about making it airtight, a final internals picture and a picture of the finished product with a barrel.

#231678 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 12:27 PM in Modifications

Just curious.Who did you get the LnL from.Because I got one off of EefMan.

I just got it from Zaxbys.

#231675 Lnl Write Up

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

So, yesterday, I got my LnL in the mail. So I decided to get to work on it asap, and I like being able to replace the barrel, so I worked with a coupler. Here are the supplies you need.
1/2" cpvc coupler.
Hack Saw
Super glue/epoxy
Atleast an inch of cpvc, plus whatever length you want your barrel to be
Optional: E-Tape.

Ok, there's not much there. I got the coupler for about 40 cents and an ACE hardware.
So here's what we're starting out with.
Posted Image
Open 'er up and you see these fairly simple internals. Note that the spring should be pressed against the plastic part at the end of the plunger, not out there where it is in the picture.
Posted Image
Ok, so pull out the plunger tube, take out the plunger and spring, and put those to the side.
Cut along the blue lines
Posted Image
The piece in between the blue lines is the one we won't need. You can put that aside or throw it away.
Grab some pliers, and pull out what's left of the air restrictors. They should look like this, or similiar once you're done.
Posted Image
Next is the tedious part, take about an inch or 3/4 of cpvc and sand the hell out of about half of that piece until it can fit into whats left of the barrel that's attached to the plunger tube. I recommend you keep it attached to the bigger part of the pipe while your sanding it, and cut it after, it makes it easier. This took me a good 20 minutes of sanding, and then I chipped away at it with scissors (I can't find my exacto) until it could fit into the barrel. You want about half an inch in the barrel, and the rest should be big enough that it can fit in the coupler without sliding out. Cover the bit going into the barrel with glue, and stick it in there and let it dry. It should look like this at the end.
Posted Image
Then, take the end that's not glued in, lather that with more glue, and pop the coupler onto that. Wait for that to dry. Here's what you should be looking at.
Posted Image

OPTIONAL: Wrap the plunger head in a layer of E-Tape, it makes it a lot more airtight. It will make it so it can kind of vacuum load a dart, and it will shoot further. Use two layers of E-Tape, three is a bit too much. Here's the completed plunger.
Posted Image
NOTE: do not have the tape cover the back of the plunger, where it catches, like in this picture. This will make your gun either not catch, or fire when you don't pull the trigger.
Now, to finish things up, put the plunger back in, and then put the plunger tube back into the shell.
Now put this piece that I had you saw off earlier back into it's place.
Posted Image
One end should stick out of the shell of the gun. There might be some space between the coupler and this piece, but as long as they're lined up you should be fine. This is optional, but it makes the gun look stock. Here is my gun with all the pieces in the right places.
Posted Image
Close the gun back up, and I put a heavy rubber band on it, and this is the final product.
Posted Image
You can put a cpvc barrel into it, and stick it in the coupler. This way you can expiriment with breeches, longer barrels, speedloaders etc. When it doesn't have a barrel in it looks 100% stock.
Here it is cocked, with a 4" barrel ( a few inches are inside the gun) and banded.
Posted Image
You can now put whatever you want on it to help cock it, like a key ring or zip tie or whatever.
I only had time to range test it once, and I was surprised. shooting a sonic micro flat from waist level, I got 64'. EDIT: this was with a 4" barrel.
EDIT 2: I'll do a full range test tomorrow probably.

#231670 Nite Finder Plans For Modification.(mostly A Bunch Of Questions)

Posted by Wisp on 21 May 2009 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

First, a suggestion, make sure all your I's and starts of sentences are capitalized, and all your grammar is correct, otherwise people will yell at you and you might get temporarily banned.
1/2" cpvc is good for nightfinders, pvc is too loose. I don't really get your ammo holder thing, but it should work, I imagine.
As for the LS spring, the spring is way too long, it wouldn't fit in the gun, and it might be too wide for the plunger chamber (I could be wrong). The ls spring is pretty weak, and I would recommend fixing the longshot VS. taking the spring from it. How is the LS broken?

#230077 Longshot Problem Please Help

Posted by Wisp on 13 May 2009 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

Mine wouldn't work no matter how hard I forced it. So I cut off a nub that was holding it back and it slid in and stayed in.

#228400 Buzz Bee Big Blast Mod Writeup

Posted by Wisp on 05 May 2009 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3200/img0124mp9.jpg[/img] 
[img]http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg250/scaled.php?server=250&filename=img0125dy9.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480[/img]
[img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9516/img0126ib0.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4070/img0127is6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6004/img0138uc4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9812/img0128ia0.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8088/img0130df9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3772/img0141aq3.jpg[/img]
Copy/paste these into your post and the pictures should show up normally. One of them might not work though.

Though, nice mod, I might try this with the bbbb I have sitting around.

#228380 Dtb Help

Posted by Wisp on 05 May 2009 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

I usually test my guns out in my car or in the parking lot after I buy them, so I can return them immediately if they don't work. I'm not familiar with the internals of a dtb, but what I usually do to find out where the problem is/isn't, I take out the turret, and feel how much air is coming out if I dry fire the gun. If a good amount of air is coming directly from the plunger, then it's probably something with the turret, or how tight the seal is with the turret.