The Vector Kid's Content

There have been 4 items by The Vector Kid (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96320 How To Make Smoke Bombs

Posted by The Vector Kid on 12 December 2006 - 03:24 AM in Off Topic

Now THAT is cool. I tried making smoke bombs and drano grenades for a nerf war once, any the only problem was with the neighbors - they thought our house was gonna go nuclear any minute. Fun times explaining THAT one to the cops.

#96128 Snowstorms

Posted by The Vector Kid on 08 December 2006 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

O_o I dunno if I'd go that far... I'm upstate NY and we have like, MAYBE an inch.

#96082 A Big What's Up To The Nic

Posted by The Vector Kid on 07 December 2006 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for all the welcomes! It's nice to be a part of the place. I just had a pretty intense day (final exams + 4" of snow + 20 minutes of walking in a blizzard), so I'm gonna chill out and start practicing my stefan skills.

Quick question: I've got 5/8" FBR, some cheap black stuff but it seems to work alright. For now I'm making 2" long megas, but can someone give me a quick run down of the differences between megas and micros? From what I've pieced together, micros go a bit farther but megas are more accurate... then again, everyone says it depends entirely on the barrel, foam and a bunch of other things. I've got some 21/32" K&S and that's working pretty well for a barrel so far.

#96071 A Big What's Up To The Nic

Posted by The Vector Kid on 07 December 2006 - 05:41 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys! I'm a big fan of all the work going on here. I've been reading up on mods and homemades for a few months now, both here and at HQ, and think I'm finally ready to be a part of the modding scene.

My cousins and I have occasional backyard battles, but we've been using conventional, off-the-shelf dart guns and stock darts. I feel like it's time for a change, so I've been reading up on Nerf theory basically. I'd love Nerf guns with a bit more kick than my POS Tek Tens.

I've successfully completed a few different projects from here, the most ambitious being a souped-up version of mayhem's Tek Ten shotgun mod (they sucked by themselves... at least now they look cool), and I just finished a clip following ompa's design, with a few variations. I'll post it when I think it's ready to go.

This is my first time posting I think, but it definitely seems like something I'm interested in. I love Nerfing, and now that I'm in college (I go to Cornell, if anyone else here does) I have serious modding resources. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you, and I'll hopefully be able to contribute some ideas as time goes on!