NinjaBob's Content

There have been 64 items by NinjaBob (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297300 Metal mayham

Posted by NinjaBob on 19 April 2011 - 08:02 AM in Off Topic

Hey folks. I kinda grew up on message boards. I spent a lot of time here and enjoyed the community (Props to the 'bama folks). Since then though I don't get to nerf much these days. I've become a metal worker, bladesmith and blacksmith. It's a lot of work but I really, really love it. I want to further my training, but for that I need a bit of notoriety. I hate to beg but I want each and every member here to <removed douchery> and just let me know what you think of my work. I hate the new site and miss all the great mods on the main page! I know you like to play it cranky CX bud but I hope you don't mind the shameless self promotion; I have a real passion for what I do and a lot of that comes from the creativity I learned in great communities like this.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for taking a look guys n' gals

#18385 Swat Homemade

Posted by NinjaBob on 07 February 2004 - 12:44 AM in Homemades

Why is the "scope" so far up about the barrel. Unless recalibrate for each shot it to consider in range this it won't be at all accurate. All though I'd imagine that would be very hard to do given the type of scope it is. Over all it looks like a nice home made, but with a few minor flaws that could easily be over looked if the range is good enough. Even so, some better pics would be nice.

#18384 Abs Pipe

Posted by NinjaBob on 07 February 2004 - 12:35 AM in General Nerf

I think it would work better for Homemades (such as air tanks and such) than a barrel. Im also pretty sure (this is my hardware store) it costs a little more than pvc, and doesn't come in small enough sizes for barrels.

I'm pretty sure ABS has a lower PSI rating, so PVC is much better for homemades.

#18306 Airtech 2k Cpvc

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

Yeah, if your darts are to light then they'll flip flop out of your barrel.

#18299 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

Well, its kinda strange, Ive got many places to egt my fbr from, and when Im near one of the places, I jsut stop in, and pick up some parts if im in need.  Each store carries the same brand fbr, but each stores 1/2 fbr is all slightly different, for example:

My home depot has very fbr.
My localhardware store has very thick fbr.
And then theres another hardware store that carries medium...

So really, It depends on the darts you use.  Ivenever tried the thick kind, only the medium and small.  Small gave best results btw.

THIRST

Sure :rolleyes:

#18293 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

[quote name='THIRST' date='Feb 2 2004, 12:19 PM'] [QUOTE]Since cpvc is a very tight fit, it works mucht the same way, except without getting bigegr, which is whyit is also a very good choice on guns such as a TTG or an NF. [/quote]
Oh, see that confused me. :rolleyes:

#18291 Airtech 2k Cpvc

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

How are your darts made? (weight, length, ect.)

#18289 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Ok, well that does make more sense, but I still believe it to be untrue (regarding most all of your post, but most notably the thing with your brother and the 7 in. CPVC barrel). The only plausible way that I can think of as to what your saying could be true is this. Your foam fits perfectly into CPVC and it's very loose in brass. Or your brother must have had some insane amount of rubber bands and a very strong new spring added to the TTG. Even in both cases 7 inches is too long for the TTG, I'll give you it's a very powerful gun. But it has a small plunger tube. And if a darts has to travel through 7 inches of barrel that's as tight as CPVC is on most darts then it would have started to slow down in speed by the time it reaches the end of the barrel. Hell I'm surprised the dart left your brothers barrel. So now I ask you this, are you lying, mistaking, or just ignorant?

#18206 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

For most people if they push they're darts all the way down a CPVC barrel provides to much friction

Actually, you jsut have to find out which size cpvc is the best. For spring pistols, dont go over 6 inches. Depending on the power of the gun, and the type(air,spring...) you change the barrel length.

you probably won't gain 10 feet from a 2 inch dart pressed down a 4 inch CPVC barrel. Chances are you'll lose 2 or 3 than with a dart blown back in brass or if the dart was just in the end of the CPVC.

I had a 4 inch barrel on my tt, I gained 10 feet by rammming, and greatly reduced the velocity and accuracy of the dart.

Once, my brother just rammed a 7 inch cpvc barrel into his tt, with air restrictor in, no mods, shot, and he got the same ranges of a brass mod. Strange, how it was completely unmodded. Now imagine a 7 inch cpvc breech loader in a modded TTG...

THIRST

No.. Just no. I really don't think your right. That simply makes no sense.

#18205 Nite Finder Mods

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Brass with out a doubt in my mind. PETG and brass get about the same range, but the ROF is better with brass do to the fact the darts fit in it better.

#18001 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

For most people if they push they're darts all the way down a CPVC barrel provides to much friction, you probably won't gain 10 feet from a 2 inch dart pressed down a 4 inch CPVC barrel. Chances are you'll lose 2 or 3 than with a dart blown back in brass or if the dart was just in the end of the CPVC.

#17997 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

Well, it 'aint as though OMC and Talio are going to Lanard and spilling their guts out

Lanard is obviously researching nerf, how much you want to bet they've stumbled on this oh so humble site? But of coarse I could be wrong. :lol:

#17976 What Kinda Clips?

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 09:59 PM in Homemades

A 9/19 brass barrel with a slot cut in it, and a 5/8 piece of brass to go over the slot after the darts been inserted. Simple, huh?

#17971 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

I'm waiting for a reply from an email to Andy before I send out any more copies of the NC site, sorry. If he gives me the go ahead then no problem other wise sorry. After all it is his content.

#17897 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 01:01 AM in Off Topic

Well if anyone wants the site, I have almost (I say almost because theirs a small posibility I've missed something) the entire site downloaded onto my hard drive. If anyone wants it let me know.

#17817 Scope

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 February 2004 - 01:22 AM in Homemades

Something I've found that I really like is fiber optic sights. They work just like a normal site on a rifle but they come in neon colors making them a lot easier to use when on the move. You can buy ones that go on bows and mount them on your gun. That might be what you need Langley.

#17804 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 February 2004 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

Both my NF's have their cases cut down greatly. I got rid of all the air restricters and instead duct taped a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducer to the plunger tube. Then I put 4 inches of brass (9/16 with 1/2 of 17/32 to keep the dart from getting sucked into the plunger tube.) into 4 inches of PVC. I don't breach so I taped it all together. I'm getting 55-60 with both of them.

#17746 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 31 January 2004 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Personaly I thought that the NF didn't need a holster, but that one is nice. I use just my pockets. Now I do have a cut down .45 holster that I used for my SF that I liked.

#17672 Happy B-day Leftnut, Bitch

Posted by NinjaBob on 31 January 2004 - 03:33 AM in Off Topic

Welcome to another year in hell. Have fun :lol:

#17671 Brass Barreling For Airjet Micros

Posted by NinjaBob on 31 January 2004 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

Why don't you want to use PVC?

#17338 First Shot

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 January 2004 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Ninja bob here and rags will tell you that.

...want to make a bet on that?

#16977 What Gun Is This?

Posted by NinjaBob on 24 January 2004 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

I've got NC down loaded and I couldn't find anything matching your discription. It must be an off brand.

#16839 Parents ? Nerf

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 January 2004 - 07:05 PM in General Nerf

Where are the cops from. Because he might just get shot around here looking like that.

#16827 What Else Is There Besides Fishing Weights

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 January 2004 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

BBs, or tacks.

#16660 Help With 750 Leak

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

There is a small O-ring around the pin inside the tank. It has either
A. It has dried up somewhat and you only have a small leak, and all you need to do is lube the O-ring up, and do so often to keep it from happening again.
B. The O-ring has ripped. You'll have to cut open the tank, and replace the O-ring. I've only done that on a 2k, and its not that hard, but the tank will leak again.
Those are the two major reasons for the their to be a leak, and the two known ways to fix it. I have had one other idea, but that has yet to be tested. That's where you lube up the pin REALLY well and then put silicone around where the pin leaves the tank. hopefully, the silicone will seal the leak, and the lube will keep the silicone from sticking to the pin so it'll still be able to move.

(edit- Most of what I said has alread been said while I was typing and forgot to hit the submit butten)

#16651 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

:rolleyes: I never said that losers didn't exsist in other countrys. I can't very well say that sharp shoots in the US civil war led to the divelopement of losers in other countrys now can I?

#16610 Pvc Pipes

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:28 AM in Homemades

I think CPVC has an ID of somewhere between 3/8, and 7/16 but I know its not exactly 1/2. It usually has a slightly tighter fit than what is ideal, but as always, it just depends on your foam.

#16609 Lanard Copying Nerf?

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:23 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image Is this what your talking about? If so its the Maximizer made by Matel (before it owned nerf I beleive)

#16606 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

You could try building another trigger using the broken one for a pattern. You can buy plastic to do so online or at hobby shops. I recently had to do something like that on an arrow storm.

#16562 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

You know, I never thought about it. But yeah, civil war tactics would work really well. The South first started using concealed sharp shooters in the civil war. From that came the modern American losers.What can I say? I'm a proud rebel. And remember kiddies, it's heritage, not hate. ;)

#16541 Rapid Fire 2000, Or Airtech 20?

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

It sounds to me like your loosing range and dependability in favor of loosing 1 or 2 pumps. It only takes me a split second to pump a 2k 3 or 4 times. The only thing that slows me down is showing a dart into the barrel after each shot. Not the 3 seconds it takes me to pump the gun.

#16048 Jet Squadron

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

I really don't recomend the Cyclotron. If I were you, I'd just stick it out until the release of nerfs 04 line.

#16038 Tracer Dart

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 07:03 AM in Modifications

Did you use any other weight in the stefens other than the airsoft bb?

#15987 An Interesting New Mod Site

Posted by NinjaBob on 08 January 2004 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

Impressive site. It's obvious that you put a lot of work into actually getting some content up there before telling everyone about it.

Not to detract from the above, cause I really do like the site, but spellcheck is your friend.

Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. But yeah, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to spelling. Just think and be horrified at what it would look like if I HADN'T spell checked at all.

#15984 An Interesting New Mod Site

Posted by NinjaBob on 07 January 2004 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

This is my new site where I plan on putting up all of my mods that I believe are original enough, and bring something to the NIC. Only mods that have something that really makes them stand out. I only have two mods up right now but that will change soon I hope given I can get my hands on a digital camera. Please check it out and give me some feed back. Oh, and make sure to look at my tricked out 5k. :wink:

http://www.freewebs.com/dwight000/

#15869 Broken 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 06 January 2004 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

Ok, your going to have to replace a tiny little o-ring inside of it I believe. I had to do this with a 2k. But first try to lubing the inside.

#15853 Busted Screw

Posted by NinjaBob on 06 January 2004 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

That won't work very well on most guns because it would be far to large to fit into the deep holes most screws on nerf guns are not on the surface of the case. Thats for like wood.

#15760 Next Nerf Series?

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

I would really love to see any sort of an arrow shooting gun to emerge because we all know most guns originally made with shooting arrows (or other large projectile) in mind are good. Case in point, maxshot, crossbow, BBB, Arrowstorm, sm5k.

#15755 Tech Target Nested Brass By Ragornocks

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 05:47 AM in Modifications

Very cool Raggs, congrats.

#15565 Sm 5000 Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 03 January 2004 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

neg. epoxy, plumbers goop, glue etc. is all unsuitable for this job. hose clamp, go buy a hose clamp for vinyl tubing, you'll find it right next to the vinyl tubing. it's a little metal band that clicks tight with a screwdriver.

How does that work for thinner tubing that goes inside the hole not over it?