Nello's Content

There have been 101 items by Nello (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43522 Winter Break War In Seattle

Posted by Nello on 07 December 2004 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Seattle eh? It would take me a few hours to get down there, if I made it at all. I just get this picture of an unhappy and overworked border guard opening my trunk and finding all sorts of homemade and modified plastic weapons strewn about. However, I would consider taking the trip if the war were of Effeminate proportions. I'm talking about twenty or twenty five plus people guaranteed. My intrest in Nerf has nosedived since school, and its many extra curicular activities (ie parties, soccer and women), got in the way. I am not interested in going to small wars anymore. I will not be able to do any pre-Christmas dates, but I may be able to handle some post-Christmas dates. Let me know when you have a good list of those attending.

#41122 Election 2k4

Posted by Nello on 08 November 2004 - 02:33 AM in News

You can't say that one's past has no bearing on how they will lead.

You're right. I can't. That's why I didn't.

#40958 Election 2k4

Posted by Nello on 05 November 2004 - 08:57 PM in News

Candidate B also said some awful things
(translated-I believe)
"A Country must stop at nothing to cleanse itself of evil"
I can't find my list of his quotes from My struggle-Mein Kampf, but he said far worse things.  You also contradicted what I said about Kerry, because he his better qualified than Bush.

Yes, Hitler was a despicable man. I did not state otherwise. What I posted was merely an exercise in thought. The way in which facts are presented can greatly sway an uneducated individual's opinion. You must admit that if you did that exercise properly, choosing a candidate before scrolling down, you would have chosen Candidate B. One's past does not always project the kind of leader they will be.
I am rather confused as to how I contradicted you. My exercise in thought did not say which presidential candidate appeared more qualified.

#40931 Election 2k4

Posted by Nello on 05 November 2004 - 06:58 PM in News

Bush: Completed high school with straight A's, went into law at Harvard, and got straight A's there as well. Served in the National guard. Had a drinking problem.

Kerry: Dropped out of college, served in Vietnam. Got three purple hearts: each were from a self-inflicted wound, whether by accident or not. All of them could be tended to with a pair of tweezers and a band-aid. Earned a silver star, by shooting a half wounded man who was running away.
I don't know...if they were running for first term, who seems more qualified?

The world has decided to unite and two men are running for leader of the world.

Candidate A cheated on his wife, drank alcohol almost every night, had a less than perfect military record, and was quoted as saying, "I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes to spread a lively terror".

Candidate B on the other hand is well educated, has dutifully served in his country's military, has led a very disciplined life, has never cheated on his wife, and rarely drinks alchohol. In fact when he does drink, he never has more than one beer.

Who seems more qualified?

Candidate A: Winston Churchill
Candidate B: Adolf Hitler

The person who seems more qualified is not always the best choice. Have a nice day.

#36514 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Nello on 05 September 2004 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Umm, it took a couple of pages to find a picture that wasn't of some random guy named Nello, but I think I found a winner. It kind of reminds me of Will Ferrel with a moustache break dancing in a soccer uniform. Yea, break dancing in a soccer uniform. He's so cool. Posted Image

#31473 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by Nello on 16 July 2004 - 06:06 PM in Off Topic

What makes John Kerry any better, or more honest?

The fact that he didn't lie to the American Public, strip them of many of their civil rights, or call those who opposed him traitors or unpatriotic.

#30829 Boo Fucking Hoo

Posted by Nello on 09 July 2004 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

I got a Mach 3 for free in the mail when they first came out (some wierd ad campaign), and I used it until the blades got dull. The replacement blades were way overpriced so I bought a 10 pack of the Shick Extreme 3 disposable razors. They are way cheaper and provide just as good a shave as the Mach 3. They also have flexing blades that help when one shaves along one's jawbone or other curved areas of the face and neck.

#30748 Bmx?

Posted by Nello on 08 July 2004 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

Not one person got my joke!

That's because it wasn't much of a joke.

#30705 Bmx?

Posted by Nello on 08 July 2004 - 02:18 PM in Off Topic

Although I don't BMX (Why would I? I live in one of the best mountain biking cities in the world) I do believe I can help you with how BMX got its name. The first BMX bikes were designed for racing, not for doing tricks. If I'm not mistaken, the sport was a spin off of Moto Cross racing. The first BMXers raced their bikes on tracks similar to Moto Cross racing tracks. "Bicycle Moto Cross" meant that they did the same style of riding as Moto Crossers, but with Bicycles. What I just said is made up mostly my own ideas. I have not actually researched how BMX got its name. This is just what i think, and it kinda makes sense.

#28897 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Nello on 19 June 2004 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

VANS was fun, even though we only had 6 people there. I finally sold off some of my PETG and picked up a NightFinder. If we're thinking of a war on Saturday in late August I can only do the 28th. I'm on holidays from the 6th to the 14th, and my family is moving on the 21st and 22nd. My brother would have to book that day off from work within the next few weeks, so if we could finalize a date within 2 weeks he could come. I had fun at VANS today and we will hopefully have more people at the next one.

#28557 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Nello on 15 June 2004 - 12:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys. I will probably be coming late to VANS. I 'll show up some time around lunch. I don't think I'll be bringing many friends though. Exams start tommorow and run through next week. Luckily I'll be done on Friday so I can come.

#27458 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Nello on 01 June 2004 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok folks, I've got some good news. All my exams will be finished by the 18th. Although that does suck a bit because I'll have 3 exams in 2 days, I'll be coming to VANS. I'm pretty sure Jappo will be able to come as well.

#27330 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Nello on 31 May 2004 - 01:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Hunter: I sent you a PM with a full list of names of people in the group photo a few weeks ago.
I am in the same boat as Jappo on this. I have pending exams around that date. I'll try to come.
I doubt I'll be able to bring lots of friends this time because most of them will also have exams around war time.
Zero Talent: Lord Dis came to the war around lunch last time.
I'm still definately interested in that Night Finder you have.
All: I have approx. 8 feet of PETG left and I will be selling some of it at VANS if I am able to attend.

#26321 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Nello on 16 May 2004 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be up for it, but I would like to wait until school gets out because I'm rather tied up with it right now. June will definately be a busy month for me and I don't know whether or not I would have enough time to make it. My last day of classes is on June 15th. I'll hopefully be finished with exams by the 18th, but I can't guarantee that. I'd prefer the 26th because it gaurantees that I will not have any more exams. The only problem I may have with the 26th is that I have some tentative plans that would take priority over Nerf. (ie 4x4ing) I think we should do our best to accomadate Cadmond because it would be frantrabulous to have him there. I'll talk to Lord Dis about the war because he doesn't visit the forums too frequently.

PS Any word on when the VANS pictures will be up?

#25350 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 02 May 2004 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea, VANS was great. I escaped with only 2 welts, both of them from Lord Dis and his crazy scuba tank homemade. The images of Dis aiming that huge beast at me as I ran through the gauntlet are still fresh in my mind. I had lots of fun and I'm pretty sure that everyone else enjoyed themselves as well. We're going to have to do this again in the summer when we can get even more people to come. Anyways, thanks for all the freebies Zero.

#25348 Political Debate

Posted by Nello on 01 May 2004 - 11:29 PM in Off Topic

And a mother, who lives in very low class, who gets diddled should have to give a child a very unfortunate life style, knowing that they are not only unwanted, but the product of violence?

No man on this forum has any fucking right to say what a woman can and can not do. I wouldn't even go there. And guess what... Bush did.

Yes, I do think that its okay for a woman to get an abortion if she is diddled, but my comments were geared towards a situation where consentual sex was the means by which the woman became pregnant. Sorry for not making that clear.
I was not saying what a woman should do in that situation, I was giving my opinion.

Why did God (for those that believe in him) allow abortion to become available?"

Okay, first things first. I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus is God's son and that he came to earth and lived a perfect life, and died on the cross for the sins of every single person who will ever live. I believe he is the atoning sacrifice for my sin, and everyone else's sin. Oh yeah, I believe he rose from the dead too. Now that thats cleared up. When God created humans he didn't want to have mindless drones who worshiped him. He wanted us to choose to worship and serve God. That is why God gave us free will. That is why some people chose to do things that God didn't like. That is why we have abortion.

#25323 Political Debate

Posted by Nello on 01 May 2004 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

Not only does he/she go through life knowing that his/her parents didn't want him/her,

but he/she will still know that their parents were thoughtful enough of them to give them life. Abortion is selfish. Sure, you could just kill that baby and all those worries and problems will go away, but you still killed someone out of your selfishness. I don't think there are many children out there who wish that they never got to live. I'll take a tough life over no life.

#24507 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 19 April 2004 - 01:38 PM in Nerf Wars

There goes 5 grand to modern art. The school board says, "Hmmmm, there's 5 large left in the renovation budget. Lets make an awning for kids to stand under so they don't get wet while waiting for their parents to pick them up. Oh, one more thing, it has to be so slanted and ugly that it can't actually work properly. Oh heck, while we're at it we might as well paint it orange, yellow, and grey.

#24185 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 13 April 2004 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Argyle, in North Vancouver.

#23748 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 07 April 2004 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'll see how much PETG I still have and how much I'll need. Also, if anyone has guns they're looking for or guns they want to sell or trade, please bring them to the war so we can have a look at everything.

#23363 Teh Skaters

Posted by Nello on 04 April 2004 - 12:44 AM in Off Topic

Wow, you guys have some really nice ramps and funboxes. I wish I had a backyard halfpipe. Did you build those ramps yourself or what?

#23334 Teh Skaters

Posted by Nello on 03 April 2004 - 09:04 PM in Off Topic

Intersting stuff. I used to skate, then my board broke and I never replaced it. I was always kind of bothered by the lifestyle most skateboarders have, but maybe I'll get back into it.

#23029 666 Members

Posted by Nello on 31 March 2004 - 12:08 PM in Off Topic

And if you read you'll notice I said think it's called pentagram. And you're taking a mild flaming far to seriously. Calm down, or take some valium. And the flaming of my life?
And by the way it's you'll, with a comma.

If you're going to correct people on their grammar you might want to use correct grammar when doing it. You started four sentences with "and". Maybe when you can write properly you can insult others who can't.

#22966 666 Members

Posted by Nello on 30 March 2004 - 09:22 PM in Off Topic

Whoa Blaster. The "f" and "d" keys are right next to each other and he just bumped the wrong one. The word is still easy to understand and he did not purposley butcher the word. Take it easy.

#22938 666 Members

Posted by Nello on 30 March 2004 - 06:26 PM in Off Topic

I'm rather confused as to what Satanists believe and what sort of afterlife Satanists believe in.

#22887 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 30 March 2004 - 01:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be wearing sunglasses. I don't think we should allow homemades, but I personally have no problems with anyone using SM5K's or other high power nerf blasters. I'll be bringing multiple blasters that shoot over 100ft, but I'll most likely be using an AT3K most of the time. We use typical hot glue tip stefans with 1/2 a size 7 split shot weight. I've never personally used H2H before so we'll have to see what everyone thinks.

#22822 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Nello on 29 March 2004 - 08:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Skill level is not important so long as there are no jerks, whinners, or cheaters in attendance. I'm in favour of pushing the date back to the first of May to allow for more preparation. I'll be looking for a back up location within walking distance from the park and we'll have to hope it doesn't rain. Me and Jappo will be there as well as 3 or 4 others. My only concern about Carisbrooke is the long commute from Surrey and Mission. Eyewear will be mandatory as well as your own supply of darts.

#22810 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Nello on 29 March 2004 - 07:27 PM in Off Topic

This question just begs to be asked: Is there actually such a thing as an easy presidency? Every single US president has faced important issues that forced them to make decisions that some people disagreed with. Black segragation, World Wars, Economic Crisis, Health Care, Scandals or Terrorism are just a few examples. Being what I believe to be the most powerful person in the world is never an easy job. Politicians can never please everyone. They have to try to please the majority of people if they want to stay in power. The KKK didn't like the black equality movement, many people protested against WW2, the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, and health care cut backs. It's impossible to please everyone.

#22739 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Nello on 29 March 2004 - 02:54 AM in Off Topic

First off, I would like to know who out of all the people involved in Bush bashing actually voted in the last presidential election. I understand that some of you are not eligible to vote due to age or citizenship restrictions, but anybody who could have voted in the last election and didn't, need not say one more word about Bush in this thread. You had your chance to elect someone you wanted to lead your country, and you didn't use it.

12 billion dollars could provide cures to major diseases that are killing thousands of people every day. 12 billion dollars could feed millions of starving people around the world. 12 billion dollars could educate people and allow them to become functioning members of society. 12 billion dollars could update and create new recycling programs that can stop global warming. 12 billion dollars could help rebuild cities that have been destroyed by war and natural disasters. 12 billion dollars could send peacekeepers into the Sudan, Somolia, Haiti, or Isreal. 12 billion dollars could make off shore turbines that use wind power to create electricity and provide clean energy to places like California. Or 12 billion dollars could take us to a desolate, inhospitable and far away planet. I think there are many issues that need to be taken care of on our own planet before we explore other planets.

#21269 Blast Bazooka Mod Posted

Posted by Nello on 13 March 2004 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Is the barrel breech loading or do you have to ram the darts down the barrel? If you have to use a ramrod, the gun won't be practical for war use due to its poor RoF. Nice work TheHaze.

#21021 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by Nello on 10 March 2004 - 01:59 AM in General Nerf

But, is the increased range worth the twenty pumps, as opposed to the original 8? The gun already fires 100 feet consistantly with 8 pumps and the longest hit I've heard of anyone making in a major war is about 80 ft. The odds of hitting someone from that far away are pretty slim, so its probably better to leave the pump stock. I guess I'll experiment with it and put up some results.

#21020 My Stock Crossbow Sucks

Posted by Nello on 10 March 2004 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

Ragornocks has created a level system for his crossbow mod write up. His level 1 mod is very simple, and as you go up the scale the mod gets more and more advanced. Accord is just waiting until Ragornocks posts his most advanced mod before he modifies his crossbow. As cool as eye scanners and gold duct tape would be, I don't see it happening in the near future.

#20943 Problems W/ Modding Sm1500

Posted by Nello on 09 March 2004 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

Well, to get your gun open I recommend that you find a drill bit that's the same size as the screw and then drill through the screw. One screw shouldn't affect the strength of the case so it'll be fine. If hotglue isn't working to hold your barrels on you might want to try Plumber's Goop. It will provide a stronger air tight bond and can be found in the plumbing section of almost any hardware store. Good luck fixing your 1500.

#20860 Nerfers In Seattle Area?

Posted by Nello on 07 March 2004 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm willing to come down to Seattle for a big event, but only if its properley organized, and held at a place where you have nerfed successfully before. ie. No problems with parents, children, or police interfering. I can most likely bring a couple of friends with me as well.

#20649 At2k Using Sm1500 Turret?

Posted by Nello on 04 March 2004 - 01:55 AM in Modifications

You might as well just mod the AT2K turret instead of going to all the extra work of trying to make the 1500 turret fit. You'll most likely get better performance with the AT2K turret than a 1500 turret because the AT2K turret is designed to make a proper seal. Foam Fortress has a good AT2K mod and I'm pretty sure there are other sites out there with writeups as well.

#20057 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by Nello on 27 February 2004 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

the cocking mechinism is way more durable than the blast bazooka's pumping mechinism. Don't get the blast bazooka. Get a max shot instead!

By the way, I have the same barrel on both guns and the max shot owns the hell out of the blast bazooka on range.

First off, you're a liar. The max shot cocking mechanism is WAY less durable than the blast bazooka's pump system. Our nerf group owns three max shots and one blast bazooka. Two max shots have cracked plunger tubes, and one's catch mechanism was destroyed BEFORE the gun was ever modified. The Lanard Blast Bazooka is very well designed, the pump tube is very strong, and since there is no beast sized spring forcing one peice of plastic into another there is less impact and wear on the internals of the blast bazooka.

About your barrels: Max shots are spring powered and blast bazookas are air powered. Having the same barrel is very stupid. You should telescope the max shot and just put a plain barrel on the Blast Bazooka. Also, it is unfair to say the max shot is better than the blast bazooka when you have only tried one barrel on the blast bazooka. Try different lengths, materials and darts and then you can make a proper decision.
One last thing, the reload time on both guns should be about the same. With the max shot, the shooter must twist the dart into the smaller barrel, then place the larger barrel over top that. The blast bazooka is just a simple pull out, place in, and put back.

EDIT: I typed this at the same time as Jappo

#20033 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by Nello on 27 February 2004 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

Well, I've pretty much finished my mod, but I've been testing several different barrels to see which one does the job best. I've experimented with 14" of PETG, 10" of 9/16" brass, 10" of 1/2" PVC and 12" of brass. So far the 10" PVC barrel firing stock micros is getting the best range(106 ft), but I hope to make some heavier weighted darts tommorow and retest their ranges.

#19904 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by Nello on 25 February 2004 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

Although I don't own an SM5K I'm quite sure this baby has a bigger tank. I might have a chance to take some internal pics tonight and my mod will be finished soon after that.
Note: It appears that the bazooka has multiple paint schemes because my version is painted orange, silver and blue. Orange being the base colour with the blue and silver accenting nicely... crap, I sound like a fashion designer.

#19821 Do You Hate The Riaa As Much As I Do?

Posted by Nello on 25 February 2004 - 01:52 AM in Off Topic

I'm going to do a little comparison here between Artist A and Artist B. Artist A is main stream rapper 50 Cent, who's album "Get Rich or Die Tryin" made him 18 million dollars in 2003. Artist B is Ska Band Crowned King, who most of you have never heard of. Crowned King do not live in lavish mansions with 20 some odd washrooms (not kidding there, 50's house has some obscenely large amount of washrooms) and they do not have fleets of cars in their driveways. Now answer me this question: If we are going to be downloading music in the first place, who will it affect more? Crowned King, or 50 Cent? 50 sure ain't starving, but Crowned King will if people download all their songs.

I guess what I'm trying to say through this is that I don't have a problem with downloading a few rich artist's songs, but once you've downloaded 2 or 3 of their songs it is time to go fork out your 15 bucks Canadian for their album. I also believe that nobody should be downloading songs done by less known artists.
Note: It usually bothers me when people say, "Don't download music. Artists need your money." They need it like a porn star needs clothes! 18 million dollars is a hell of a lot of money! I understand if they're telling you not to download a song you heard at a local rock show Saturday night, but go ahead and download a couple of 50 Cent songs, decide if you like his stuff, and then either buy the CD, or stop downloading his music.
Thank you and goodnight.

#19745 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by Nello on 24 February 2004 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

Patience young grasshopper. Some of us have busy lives and do not have a readily available digital camera.