Collective's Content

There have been 101 items by Collective (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#332362 Latex Tubing Blaster

Posted by Collective on 26 July 2013 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

Kind of off topic, but have you ever thought about designing a 3D printable component to replace ball valves on hopper clips? Like some kind of dart door, you know?

#322664 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by Collective on 16 October 2012 - 01:23 PM in Off Topic

I'm just going to through this out there so it can be instantly shot down:

How about Homestuck?

#321603 CWC modified Pump-action Shotgun (PAS)

Posted by Collective on 13 September 2012 - 11:32 AM in Modifications

Great work. I for one would like more info on this butane soldering iron being used to weld the blaster together business. I don't have any experience with that kind of thing and would love to learn more.

#321502 Nerf article @ Wired.com

Posted by Collective on 10 September 2012 - 07:18 AM in Off Topic

Guys, not to brag, but my souped-up plastic blaster can shoot 60 feet and beyond!

Also, 100th post!

Serious edit: It's weird that he would get such specific information right, like Stefan Mohr's name and fact that people (used) to use Crayola barrels, but say strange things about brass tubing. I know some tacti-cool wannabes like to paint their blasters black, but does anyone really use brass or pvc in their darts?

#320788 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 21 August 2012 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Saw THIS last week and got inspired:

Posted Image

I used a larger, two stroke pump that fills the Titan tank in one in-out cycle.

Posted Image

The front bushing was puttied on in my earlier modding days, so it's not the cleanest, but it still works fine. This is a pretty easy thing to do overall. The Tec-Six trigger is perfect for fitting over the Titan firing pin. You just have to dremel a lot out of the shell. You lose a few screw posts in the process, hence the bolt through the top.

#320642 Homemade SuperMaxx 5000: The VenoMaxx

Posted by Collective on 18 August 2012 - 01:48 PM in Homemades

I for one eagerly await the write up to see what method you used to expand the hornet tank.

#318577 The BANR, a FAR revamp

Posted by Collective on 16 July 2012 - 12:08 PM in Homemades

With a name like BANR, you almost have to paint it green and call it Bruce.

#318333 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Collective on 11 July 2012 - 07:43 PM in Homemades

I made this a few months ago, but never got around to putting up a picture:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It uses a cpvc plunger rod with a pvc ring catch. Since it doesn't use a rainbow catch, it's not a rainbow-pump. I don't really know what you'd call it. A ring-pump?

Anyway, I just finished this today:

Posted Image

I wanted to make something a little less, shall we say, diddle-y? Something that didn't shoot as far as my other home made. So, I used some left over petg tubing from when I overhauled my Defender (McMaster #9245K41) and nested it inside of 1 1/4" pvc. The front bushing is a 3/4" to 1/2" pvc bushing. The skinnier part fits inside the petg and the fatter end fits inside the pvc, so everything fits nice and snug.

Posted Image

It used 9" of a [k26] spring and has 5" of draw. It shoots pretty far. Still kinda rapey.

#317613 Mad Ghost issues

Posted by Collective on 27 June 2012 - 11:18 AM in Homemades

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

There's a hole between the two tanks. Not in your version though.

#316655 RainbowPup

Posted by Collective on 07 June 2012 - 01:25 AM in Homemades

To give the elbow something more substantial to screw into, why not extend that tube that connects the handle to the body of the blaster back an inch or two and screw through both that tube and the body itself?

#313360 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 22 March 2012 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

After seeing Banshee's awesome Defender Overhaul, I decided to try my first foray into replacement internals.

Posted Image

I used 6.75" of 1.25" PETG tube for the plunger tube, and 7" of [k26] spring. Like Banshee's, mine fires really super hard. It's really scary.

Posted Image

#312557 How to properly cut brass for an angel breech.

Posted by Collective on 07 March 2012 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

When using pipe cutters on brass you have to go really slow and increase the pressure of the cutting wheel little by little to avoid getting that lip you're talking about. It usually takes me a few dozen rotations to get a nice clean cut.

#293078 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Collective on 18 January 2011 - 07:31 PM in Homemades

I'm in the measurement and cutting phase of my build right now and I'd like an opinion on something. When a SNAP (or any home made in general) fires, is it ideal for the plunger to be stopped by the plunger head hitting the front bushing? Or should it be stopped by the rear handle/pump action linkages hitting the rear endcap or whatever's back there? I'm assuming it's the former, but I just wanted to check. Is it possible to stop the plunger without hitting anything at all, just having it come to a stop on its own?

Thanks.

#289208 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Collective on 28 November 2010 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

Remind me never to nerf with you if you run around aiming for peoples' heads.

#286007 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 24 September 2010 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Seeing as I have no way to make it to this war, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one.

There was a pretty big nerf community in Manhattan when I lived there. But I heard they outlawed it on campus so it must be hard to get anything going. We used to play CTF in Bosco Plaza every Sunday afternoon...

Anyway, I just made two flags. I'm afraid they're not the traditional blue and red. I hope teal and gold is okay. Also, I'm bringing, like, four good loaners. I'm talking titans, sm1.5k's and ss2's.

#285981 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 24 September 2010 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I just found the fabric I used for flags last time. I can whip up some poles out of pvc for tomorrow if no one else has anything.

#285894 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 22 September 2010 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Keith, Steve found a few more people who want to come, so we're just going to drive up by ourselves.

#285774 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 20 September 2010 - 02:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing a bunch of blasters if anyone needs to borrow one....like....around three extra.

#285611 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 17 September 2010 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Only a week away! I just put the finishing touches on my aabow. We'll find out how war practical it is.

#285085 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 08 September 2010 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys. I already ordered a few before I saw this. I only got 4, so I could maybe lend out on or two...

Anyway, Keith, yeah we could ride together. And, yeah, Steve is my surviving nerf buddy.

#284986 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 06 September 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

OMG! OMG! OMG! There's so much to do! I need to order wyes, finish my PAC, cut some brass, e some tape, lube my tubes, comb my teeth, and floss my hair!

The date looks fine to me. I'll talk t my nerf buddies (actually it's only "buddy" now because the other one moved to Minnesota) about coming. We were just lamenting the fact that our summer has been depressingly nerf-free...

Count me in.

EDIT: Confirmed with my friend. We're both in.

#283691 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 21 August 2010 - 06:38 PM in Modifications

Some of the stuff I've been working on lately:

Posted Image

Nerfing has given me ample opportunity for self-discovery. For example, through modding these two blasters, I've discovered that I'm turret retarded. I flat out ruined the sm1500's turret, and I got half way through messing up the Triple Shot before I realized I was ruining it and gave up. So, now they're just waiting for a wye shipment. Turrets are old news anyway, right?

The sm1500 pump has been replaced by a Hornet pump., and the Triple Shot has had all the vogue mods done to it, including a ls spring addition. Also, to cover the gaping hole left by removing the turret I hand-crafted myself a little cover:

Posted Image

The sm1500 will be getting the same treatment soon.

#282462 Mcmaster-carr Catalog

Posted by Collective on 08 August 2010 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

I think the problem is that he's never heard of Mcmaster. It's a company that sells hardware and building materials. It's where a lot of people on this site get their modding/home made materials because you can find very specific parts that a local hardware store wouldn't carry. They have a website that everybody knows about, but apparently they have a catalog too, which is what this topic is about.

#270188 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 24 March 2010 - 01:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys. Sorry, but they need me at work on Saturday so I won't be able to make it this time. Have fun though.

#269197 Ammo Question

Posted by Collective on 15 March 2010 - 01:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

Stick a bunch of cpvc in there and make a shotgun. Other than that I don't know what you could use.

#268890 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 12 March 2010 - 10:46 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid I used all my foam, washers and felt on the darts I have now. You can use mine if you want, but I won't be able to make any more. I've been meaning to by some more foam from swiftnerf, but I heard he has a new batch now that's a little bit bigger so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Also, it looks like I'll only have one other person with me this time.

#268796 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Collective on 10 March 2010 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be down for this. I'll see what my homies are doing that weekend.

#268744 Quick Question On Long Strike

Posted by Collective on 10 March 2010 - 10:37 AM in Modifications

The Longstrike uses a reverse plunger, so no, that wouldn't be a good idea.

#266982 Magstrike/rf20 Question

Posted by Collective on 25 February 2010 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

I've also had this problem with Magstrikes. I can feel the piston move back, but then it just hisses like you describe and it doesn't fire.

#266237 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Collective on 20 February 2010 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

A few older blasters:

Posted Image

The LnL is modded a la popatchi, and the Spitfire has a brass breech on both sides for easy loading. They can be pulled out separately or one at a time.

#265966 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 18 February 2010 - 11:45 PM in Nerf Wars

is this still on? It's supposed to be yucky on Saturday?

#264766 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 08 February 2010 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

You mean a real sword right? ;)

#263264 Wichita Kansas War

Posted by Collective on 26 January 2010 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey! I, and one other person are good to go for whenever. I'm pretty much free any weekend.

#262017 Removing The Plunger From The Plunger Chamber

Posted by Collective on 16 January 2010 - 12:08 PM in Modifications

I don't think you're supposed to remove it. He says "The bolt will still be inside the bolt casing." So you just push it as far as you can into the plunger tube and cut at it from the back. To get the whole thing out you'd have to cut the bolt tube and glue it back together once you've removed the ar.

#260018 Semi Auto At2k

Posted by Collective on 28 December 2009 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Why do you need two pumps? I like this whole concept and hope to make one for myself when I get all the parts, so thanks for posting something for me to look at when the time comes.

P.S. Does anybody else hate it when people say they're "too lazy" to do something?

#260016 Broken Super Clip

Posted by Collective on 28 December 2009 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

Just use some superglue. I've had a superclip I used Loctite on for years and it hasn't come apart yet.

#259728 Semi-automatic Valve

Posted by Collective on 25 December 2009 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

From now on, Christmas for me will no longer mark the birth of Jesus, but the day I first laid eyes upon this miracle.

[/hyperbole]

This is really freakin' cool! How are you going to accommodate the bladder inside the Firefly shell? Or will it just be an external kind of thing? I CANNOT wait to see this thing in its final form!

#259289 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Collective on 18 December 2009 - 01:15 AM in Nerf Wars

And some more:

A little pre-war hot dogging.
Posted Image
The hat and the sword make for a formidable ensemble.
Posted Image
Kieth, looking very Kiethly.
Posted Image
A lone bowman.
Posted Image
The dude with the double shot!
Posted Image

Thanks to my buddy Steve for taking these awesome pictures!

#259288 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Collective on 18 December 2009 - 01:04 AM in Nerf Wars

I have pictures!

Posted Image

The following tells the story of one brave team of Nerfers, thrown into battle with one objective: CAPTURE THE BLUE FLAG!
And what a ragtag team they were.
Posted Image

The enemy team was a savage horde of battle hardened thugs.
Posted Image

They immediately brought their full strength to bare, grunting unintelligible threats and wielding swords of questionable legality.
Posted Image

However our heroes stood strong, resisting even as wave after wave of foam broke against their defenses.
Posted Image

Suddenly the unthinkable happened! A hole broke in the enemy advance, and the defenders quickly became the attackers!
Posted Image

But the enemy had saved their most terrible instrument for just such an occasion. He took careful aim with his trusty bow and fired.
Posted Image

Whoosh! The shot barely missed one of the advancing hero's right ear as he threw himself wildly to the left to avoid the shot.
Posted Image

And, with the rest of the enemy team either waiting to respawn or stuck reloading, the heroes were able to capture the blue flag, and all the glory that came with it!
Posted Image

#258894 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Collective on 13 December 2009 - 06:17 PM in Nerf Wars

That was a lot of fun. We should have played around that fort the whole day.

+Being the last man on my team and taking out the rest of the other team to win the round.
+CTF rounds on the slippery ground.
+The formation of the DUEL RAIDER MEGAZORD.
+Blasters holding up very well.
+Having a lot of people and a great playing field.

-Everything getting wet.
-Not painting my darts enough to see them in the snow.

Overall the weather could have been a lot worse. I'll get the pictures that Steve took and post them soon.