KeiichiRX7's Content

There have been 44 items by KeiichiRX7 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#336867 How to get the pinion gear off of a motorr

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 05 February 2014 - 02:41 AM in General Nerf

A little late to the party, but I thought it worth while to link to the proper tool for the task at hand. If you're doing a LOT of work with the motors one of these Tamiya pinion pullers might be worth your money to avoid damaging motors.

https://www.tamiyaus...on-puller-15422

#328632 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 08 April 2013 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#327740 Coop's Stryfe Modification Write-Up

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 07 March 2013 - 01:48 AM in Modifications

Coop, I must tip my hard hat to you. When I started reading the only thought i had was "WHY!??!" then it started making sense. the gains from using the Rayven as a stock are far greater than using the Stampede, and i salute you, sir. A bit more elegant than my own mag holder stock solution too.

#327569 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 03 March 2013 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

A recon with Retaliator internals, mated with another recon and a toy gun fore end, with 4 tone safety orange camo
"Aftermath"
Posted Image

#305178 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 29 September 2011 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

This i would like to see. I never had to adjust my voltage since i did spring mods to suit my voltage.

#303630 Stampede, Bolt Return Spring

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 20 August 2011 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Alright, couldn't post sooner. Work and such.

I ended up replacing the return spring, the plunger spring, and the plunger control spring

a Sharpshot provided teh return spring (stretched to same length), a tek 6 provided the plunger spring (slightly stretched to match length) and a bic pen provided teh catch control spring.

Soon I hope to put a video up. Can empty a 6 ound mag in under a second.

#303581 Stampede, Bolt Return Spring

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 20 August 2011 - 08:35 AM in Modifications

Hey,

Did a voltage mod on my stampede, now it's exhibitting the "runaway" behaviour. Have openned it up and done a little trouble shooting. Problem seems to be the Black bolt return spring that can be seen through the plastic window on the side. diameter is a bit larger than a recon's breech.

Would a recon's spring work?
maverick?

Just need a few suggestions on where I can get a spring to make my blaster work properly again. I ask largely because thisspring is not included in any of the spring upgrade kits i've seen floating around.

Threw what i think is a scout mainspring in there, it helped, but hasn't actualyl solved teh problem. It now fires short bursts of irregular length on a single trigger pull. looks like i'm just goign to have to drop down to 12 volts.

#301036 Vulcan battery replacement

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 05 July 2011 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

I think i can one-up that with a pair of 7.4 volt Lithium Polymer packs, and plans for a 3rd. Lipo's a bit more mainenance intensive though, and more expensive, but it is a great deal lighter than NiCad or NiMH, and also dangerous to mistreat! stick to NiCad if you don't want to worry about battery packs bursting into flame when mistreated.

The Tray, currently configured for a pair of 7.4 lipo packs. Oddly my tray and my roommates trays are different.
Posted Image

My other roommate holding the Vulcan with the LiPo tray, he uses it each week at our indoor nerfouts, and has customized the outside to his liking.
Posted Image

#296402 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 21 March 2011 - 11:26 PM in Modifications

I'd be in for metal parts for reinforcing. Also sometimes based on application Metal might be an appropriate material for small or partial shells. (like a new shell for my Titan so i can rig it under-barrel on my Stampede.)

#295702 Having Some Problems With My Spectre

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 09 March 2011 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

It still has a slip mech.

Yes it does, never suggested it didnt. However if he messed with the priming stroke in any way directly or not, it may have messed with the final positioning of the cylinder

#295700 Having Some Problems With My Spectre

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 09 March 2011 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Gluing the slip gears would make it so the turret would only be able to turn when you pull the trigger.

While what our friend Utah here is saying is correct in prionciple, I felt i should clarify that the cylinder (turret to you nerf folks) on the Spectre rotates at the tail end of the priming stroke, not trigger pull.

#295042 Online Nerf Game

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 24 February 2011 - 04:12 AM in General Nerf

Just to be perfectly clear, "downloading" software without paying for it is generally pirating, which is illegal. Srsly. The government goes after people for doing it and fines them a LOT of money.

Disregard this. Fuck the man.

Thats some irony right there....

#294492 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 14 February 2011 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

Once the base is epoxied down i'm going to work on a second attatchment point on the top of the stock adapter. I'm currently pretty suprised at how little play there is in the mount

#294376 Mod Man's Nerf Hardware

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 11 February 2011 - 04:37 PM in General Nerf

Yeah. A length of rope, a good sturdy hook and a stool. Seriously, give your parents their lives back.

Bravo sir, that was seriously wonderful!

Thanks Angel, for demonstrating that SOMEONE around here has thier head on straight.

#294262 Converting Super-soakers To Nerf Question.

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 09 February 2011 - 12:41 PM in Modifications

Rattler uses a simple pump fire mechanism and lacks a trigger. So it will require extensive work, such as cutting the tank in half and putting all your working parts in it.

It is however a very kick ass looking shell, if that's important to you.

#294056 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 07 February 2011 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

Quick note on NV like these, any other players using Eyeclops or this NV optic will see other players using them. The way that this works is that it throws and IR beam much like a flashlight, and then it filters it to colors that the human eye can register. Basically, if I had the eyeclops goggles and you had this optics and we looked at each other, it would look like we have flashlights. Or you can shell out the cash and get Gen. 1 NVG's.

TL;DR: Use a flashlight.

I kinda figured that that was too painfully obvious to bear mentioning. But you are still harder to spot with the naked eye, which is the point.

Of course if everyone has them then everyone can see eachother, and you can't afford to be the schmuck that doesnt have one, thus is the nature of the arms-race (technical term, not likening to real weaponry). After all, lacking one leaves you with two options, the old Mk1 eyeball, which leaves you with reduced visibility in the dark but no visible light or IR emissions, or a flashlight which EVERYONE can see even without the NV's detection gear.

Again, this of course assumes that you play in the dark for any of it to be of any value.

I've mocked up my scope mount for my spectre (and pretty much any blaster that uses the raider style stock), once i've solidly mounted this and tested it a bit, on to putting a mount for it on the Stampede.
Posted Image
Currently I'm using a Weaver scope mount kit for a remington model 870, and a couple scope ring bases screwed together to make a riser. The scope is mounted upside-down to be lefty friendly.

#293884 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 04 February 2011 - 01:15 PM in General Nerf

Look, I know for a fact it does nothing for the performance of the gun. I'm a bored as hell night security officer. That pretty much means I've got shit loads of time to kill on my days off. While, yes it could be a benefit in the specific conditions my group gets together under, its certainly not for everyone.

And isn't fun the whole point or are we only here to shit in each other's cherios?

#293881 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 04 February 2011 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

Well guys, VACC said stop having fun, so I guess the party's over... Remember, Nerf is SERIOUS BUSINESS.. :wacko:

Solscud, thank you for your reply. Your find will greatly help me mount it on what eer i end up putting it on.

#293869 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 04 February 2011 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

If you play in a church after dark like my group does with most of the lights off, this could be quite useful. It'll replace the light i use up top for sure

And if you please good sir, may i have a look-see at the rail mount? does ithave the appropriate tab to keep it in place on the N-strike rail, or will i simply need to lock it inplace with the friction of the tape?

#291152 Hornet Help.

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 19 December 2010 - 07:01 AM in General Nerf

What a coincidence i happen to have a magstrike that's not broken but stripped down to component parts. I think i've got all parts still connected, just misplaced the screws, and i have a hunch where those are.

Bought the damn thing for an extra magazine anyway, so its no problem to sell it off.

#283902 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 24 August 2010 - 09:35 AM in General Nerf

Like previously stated, this need buckles instead of velcro. I think it would be a cosmetic improvement as well as an improvement in function.

EDIT: Cheyner, GameBoys own! :(

Honestly depends on the grade of Velcro used. I used some inductrial strength velcro to secure a racing controller to my old desk. The wheel was nice and solid the entire time, and when it came time to remove the velcro because I'd replaced teh wheel with one that came with clamps, the vecro took part of the desk's laminate fionish with it.

#265155 How To Make The Reactor Less Embarrasing To Wield.

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 12 February 2010 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Based on what you saw of the workings of this gun, would it be possible to cut the tube down to have fewer balls in it? I've been wanting to try a underbarrel launcher on my recon for quite a while and this looked fun. never tried it though.

Yes, did that for my long shot.

Eeeexcellent. Did you cut down the tube like I mentioned or is that with full capacity?

For those of you who care about the particular mod being discussed by Lion and I.

#265133 How To Make The Reactor Less Embarrasing To Wield.

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 12 February 2010 - 06:24 AM in Modifications

Based on what you saw of the workings of this gun, would it be possible to cut the tube down to have fewer balls in it? I've been wanting to try a underbarrel launcher on my recon for quite a while and this looked fun. never tried it though.

#265039 Glo-laser + Drain-blaster

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 11 February 2010 - 05:57 AM in Modifications

Yes. I have also cut apart a leaky one. I will post pictures soon.

Thanks. If I can atleast relocate the pump, that will help. If possible i'd like to try replumbing it to use a magstrike pump. I might still have to work out a trigger linkage though

#264584 Glo-laser + Drain-blaster

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 07 February 2010 - 09:45 AM in Modifications

Strictly speaking he didn't relocate the trigger, but installed a linkage to operate the trigger remotely. However I suppose I wasn't concise enough.

Has anyone disassembled a drain blaster into it's component parts?

#264578 Glo-laser + Drain-blaster

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 07 February 2010 - 09:20 AM in Modifications

Okay, did a quick search, but didnt find anything close....

Has anyone tried pump or trigger relocation on one of these cobra drain blasters? I ask because I've got a couple water guns I'd really like to do conversion work on, and I understand that these give all the power I could need and more.

It'd be really nice if I could get that information before I start building stuff. so that I cn take that into concideration while picking my internals.

#251126 Whats So Good About The Crossbow?

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 21 September 2009 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

The only point I'd like to make is to reiterate that the player makes the gun... It's really about making the best of what you have.

That seems to be the case with some people, but I have noticed that other nerfers can't do shit without a decent primary. For example take the nerf god Evil Angel. When his maxshots shoot well he is top draw. When his maxshots suck (which seems toh appen a lot) he sucks.

Its like motorsports. Having the fastest car won't win the race for you, but not having a competitive car will sure as hell lose it for you

#251113 ?magstrike-longshot Integration?

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 20 September 2009 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Or instead of making a longshot semi automatic and automatic... Why don't you just buy a magstrike? Ever stop to think of that?

Earth to Dumbass. I clearly said i HAVE a magstrike up in my first post. Or can you not read?

*nudge* double posting usually draws the ire of the admins. Just a friendly heads-up.

Also Tantum, can you take some pictures of how you extended the stroke of the Magstrike action?

#251110 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 20 September 2009 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

Nobody thought ‘core’ is a good sub for ‘squad’?

I can say I would be very enticed to bring my ‘Devices’ to play with a ‘Nerf Core’ at a ‘Foam Frenzy’

Its "Corps" you twit, and its being avoided for the same reason as "Squad".
Because to all the soccermoms in the world Squad and Corps are "violent".

#250958 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 20 September 2009 - 06:37 AM in General Nerf

Cheerleaders are fucked if they don't like the word "Squad"

Spirit Squad
Cheerleading Squad
Academic Squad
Lacrosse teams are called Squads
Basketball teams are sometimes called Squads.
It even gets tossed around in Marchign band.
And Heaven forbid we notice how much it's used in Civil and public service.

Some highschools even refer to sports teams in general as Squads.

It's synonymous with "team"

this related information section screws you a bit:
"Weapons" also include, but are not limited to: a pellet or BB gun, paintball or airsoft gun, blackjack, slingshot, billyclub, sandclub, sandbag, or metal knuckles, toy weapons (including squirt guns and nerf guns or any device capable of launching a projectile or substance) or any other devices, including replica or facsimile weapons, which could reasonably be mistaken for a weapon.

But you're right to suggest equal treatment to the fencing or matial arts clubs.

#250835 Longshot/raider

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 19 September 2009 - 09:54 AM in Modifications

Video with 2 drum clips. Here

That can't be practical for indoors... too long to maneuver well... isnt it?

#238736 Best Stock Gun Available?

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 26 June 2009 - 11:28 AM in General Nerf

Oh cmon, theres a more positive wa to look at this:

It's not so much Necro'ing a thread as it is reviving interest. it got you guys posting agian didn't it?

#238718 Raider Preview

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 26 June 2009 - 08:25 AM in General Nerf

I think it's a nice paintjob, but I guess dry brushing isn't for some people. I think you should try a different color than red/silver/black, like maybe a lush grass green? That would look good.

Do you know why the range is so good? It's weird because it's just like a Recon, but gets awesome range with just a few mods.

off topic: Ha, I see you've got the new yellow Ls.

Probably improvements in seals, springs and a bit of airflow work in the chamber. In otherwords, they learned things from thier previous version of this action in the recon and longshot, and improved upon it. It's the same process that occurs with engines. Build one that works, learn from it, then build one that works better.

The slamfire feature should prevent most doublefeeds and jams that can result when trying to fire the recon and longshot quickly without perfect trigger coordination

@Ice Can i ask for a video of left handed operation of the Raider? I just want to see how hard it's gonna be for me to swap out magazines. the magazine won't be in my way, but being on the far side of the gun,changing the magazine might be a pain for lefties, much as the magazine release on the Longshot makes it fall out of favor with lefties

#237788 Raider Preview

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 21 June 2009 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

I wonder if any of you naysayers have yet realized how easy it would be to electricly actuate this thing for rates of fire faster than a vulcan.

Electric actuators are pretty cheap and easy to do electronics for.

Ready made assault rifle

Except for Longshot and recon lacking slamfire it could be done to either of them as long as it waited till you let go of the trigger to cycle

(Angel, if you do this, credit where its due)

#236479 Raider Preview

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 15 June 2009 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

Hate to state the obvious, but there are always people who won't pick up on it: The pictures in this thread are mirrored, just an FYI to anyone making plans based on these pictures.

Its obvious after looking at the man's shirt, but to those who just homed in on the gun it might not be. I got momentarily psyched up because i saw his longshot and thought they had released a left friendly LS. My hopes are dashed.

#229541 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 11 May 2009 - 06:12 AM in General Nerf

Snippet
nature must have been kind to this guy;s body cause the ladies sure as hell aint flocking to his brain

And the grammar sure doesn't be flocking to yours. Shape up, please. It's hard to read when you don't know where a sentence ends and where it begins. I'm saying this for my own personal benefit. Speak English, for God's sake.

Sorry, the lack of brain must have rubbed off on me. It's infectious, you know!

back to proper speculation:

The prospect of painted camo is a very distinct one, but I wouldn't dare call it probable. If recall correctly the box labels the dartgun as the CS-35 RAIDER, while the barrel marking still carries the CS-6 designation. One or the other is likely to change, simply for consistancy. I've seen companies go with texture alone, and I've also seen some go the with multi-color treatment on thier products wehre it wasn't "neccisary". One would hope for proper 3 color camo, even if its a color scheme that is completely useless as camo.

meanwhile back on the ranch:

I do, as a man that has lived on both sides of the Mason-Dixon, find the term "Yank" a bit offensive, for a couple reasons. One is the obvious geographical relevance of it. Another is an often forgotten aspect of theAmerican Civil War, which was the battle over a member state of the union's right to self determination, a right I personally believe should be upheld. Yet another reason is a difference in attitudes, something you could only really experience for yourself. Then again, the whole affair is much like calling a Scotsman a "limey". It's simply inaccurate on such a level as to be comical.

Having done my share of travelling I've returned to Texas by choice.

@MC Hey how far from the gulf coast are ya?

#229303 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 10 May 2009 - 01:47 AM in General Nerf

IF something were to use a tandem rail, i would say it would have to be some sort of over barrel launcher (possibly ball launcher) that would need teh added stability of a 2-point rail system. alternatively i could see using such a thing for a 2 point dart/magazine rack/holder again somethign that would belefit from the stability of the 2 point system. as far as combinations i could see being useful, If you have a disk shot and the green tac light (the red one sucks, darts drop too far too fast for a red dot to be useful, and the wide angle setting isnt wide angle enough to be useful) one could use the light to spotlight targets and the remote to trigger targets. I can also see making a good case for a 2 piece open sight system with a rail mounted forward bead, and a peep sight like the recon comes with (actually one of the more useful rail mounted devices)

In Other news

Has anyone realized that all the guns that nerf has made are extremly low on power...

This could just be a pump action recon.

nature must have been kind to this guy;s body cause the ladies sure as hell aint flocking to his brain

#229122 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 08 May 2009 - 10:56 PM in General Nerf

No reason it should be impossible. Obviously more practical with a foregrip slide action than with the recon and longshot's standard bolt actions. i expect the neccisary changes to all be to the boltsled.

#228949 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 08 May 2009 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

Whoa whoa whoa, there's intelligent discussion going on in here again? Why didn't anyone tell me?

So the problem with that theory is that from this image:
Posted Image
One could infer that that orange piece right where the darts start to go into the straight section is actually the piece that guides the darts in. So if there's a (presumably unmovable - if it were movable, it'd have to be fired with the dart) spacer there, the drum magazine would just stop.
You would have a difficult time moving that orange piece because if it were closer to the center, it would hit on the half circles that hold the darts.

I find doubling up drum mags intriguing, albeit completely unnecessary. Anyway, the difficulty with just "flipping" the second one around is that the magazine tapers inwards toward the front, making your darts on different planes, which will cause lots of jamming.

Already thought about that actually. You'd have to trim the forward edge of that reciever adaptor guide according tot he length of spacer youre adding. I just figured it was too obvious to mention since it was neccisatated by the addition of the spacers. Yes youre absolutely right, you'd have to trim the "leading edge" of that part accordingly to allow the spacers to pass under the guide. shouldnt be any more difficult in practice than trimming anything else for clearance when you do integration modifications, and in fact ebing an internal modification, doesnt need to be as pretty.

In otherwords, the guide has to remain intact, but only an ammount equal to the length of the darts youre using. If youre using a half inch spacer, you woud take half an inch (maybe a bitmroe just for clearances sake) off of the muzzle side of the guide. Of course there is another possibility that hasn't been brought up, and that is that the dart carrier inside the drum is nto actualyl the full length of a dart and in that case the empty space no longer used by your stefans would need to be filled with a static filler to tke up the space.

I'd love to get my hands on one and tear into it just to engineer a solution to your problem with stefans, but someone would have to send me one. I'm going to buy one for myself, but I'm not going to buy one to modify it and make it feed a type of ammo I don't use. However If and when an extra one lands in my lap i'll gladly do a full teardown and rebuild.

#228731 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by KeiichiRX7 on 06 May 2009 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

if thats the problem, just add spacers to each of the slots in the drum, and a matching spacer to the reciever adaptor. a small modification to the spring follower will be needed, but that should about do it.

I'm not discounting the possibility that there may be other complicating factors, but having not encountered or read about such snags its really impossible for me to engineer around them. It would seem to me that a difference in length shouldnt be that big a deal, unless the darts are DRASTICLY shorter. If its a problem i'm sure i can come up with a solution that satisfied the KISS principle.